Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Where did you get your nickname/handle?
Posted: Tue Mar 14 01:26:18 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  simple question, but I think we'll have some pretty diverse answers:

Where did you get your GT nickname/handle? Any stories behind it? Any others you frequently use?

Personally, CriminalSaint comes from a pair of songs:

Matthew Good Band - So Long, Mrs Smith

"So long Mrs. Smith
This spring I think that I should go
And I have had enough of this
And this place ain't what it was before
When I was young nine thirty was late enough
And the sky was angel dust
A dead top trio of criminal saints
To worship at Wong's
So, Would you say that we were wrong?"

And The Rolling Stones - Sympathy for the Devil

"Just like every cop is a criminal
and all the sinners saints"

I guess it just kind of stuck with me. There's a fun kind of balance to it that I seem to really like. Maybe hints at multiple ways of understanding what I say/how I act.

So? How about you?

libra Posted: Tue Mar 14 01:58:42 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Well, despite the fact that I don't care about astrology and don't believe in it, but for some odd reason, I totally fit all the characteristics of a libra, and I am a libra, and that's kind of nice. So it is a good description of me even though I don't think it has to do with the alignment of the stars when I was born or whatever.

Other names I use? Just my name, [redacted], because it is rare enough to not be in use.

JesusOnline Posted: Tue Mar 14 02:45:07 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mine is title of a Bush track.

"Whatever she wants from me
Whatever device
Whether in kindness
Whether in spite
What can I say
What can I do I can't help myself
I let the monster through

Wherever she sends me
Wherever the plane
Perfect black dress
Perfect grave
What can I say
What can I do
I did it to myself
I did it all confused

Jesus online
Wires around the world
Feel invincible
Computer car and girl
Jesus online
Wires around the world
Feel invincible
To be perfect just like you

Whenever she comes with me
Whenever we break
Dress up my apathy
Pretend we're great, great, great

Jesus online
Wires around the world
Feel invincible
Computer carbon girl

Jesus online, Jesus online
Jesus, Jesus, Jesus

Jesus online
Arms around the world
Feel invincible
Jesus online, Jesus
To be perfect just like you"

GT's the only place I've used this.

I may or may not also have a slight God complex.

novemberrain Posted: Tue Mar 14 04:43:21 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mine is from the Guns N Roses song. Plus the fact that my birthday is in November.

Other names I use are novemberrain19, and novrainmmw.

Mark Posted: Tue Mar 14 06:20:37 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  My "normal" nickname I use is The WOLFF. About three years ago I was part of a team (for a school project) and we decided that everybody needed nicknames. So... since they knew my nickname, but wanted something else they turned it into Wolffie. At first I only used it for GT, but last few months I'm using it more and more sites.

iggy Posted: Tue Mar 14 07:11:23 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i used to be chanz
but now i'm in denial...

mister maroon is my dj name. i belong to
http://sweetmusicfm.blogspot.com

iggy Posted: Tue Mar 14 07:12:20 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  do check out sweetmusic fm

mixtapes galore :)

Mesh Posted: Tue Mar 14 07:15:39 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Swedish math metal band Meshuggah. Also because of the yiddish word meshugeneh.

addi Posted: Tue Mar 14 07:50:18 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I think we've done this a few times before.

Addi is the shortened version of Addison. I used that till others here kept referring to me as Addi, so I just went with that.
Addison is my middle name (named after a 12th century traveling monk known for debauchery, bawdiness,licentiousness, and being well hung), and I've used it for years as my nom de plume when I'm in my artistic or bohemian mindset. I say and do and write things as "Addison" that I would never do as "Mark".
Mark is a responsible, humble, hard working, wholesome and devoted husband and father.
"Addi" is...pictures of Ludwig mowing fuzzy beavers. He has a long history of getting Mark into trouble.

Ed Posted: Tue Mar 14 08:44:00 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Crim, didn't you say that you used to be God's Dice? Was that from the Pearl Jam song?

Mine is adapted from one of the characters of the Extreme Ghostbusters.

DanSRose Posted: Tue Mar 14 09:32:35 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  JesusOnline said:
>Mine is title of a Bush track.
>[Lyrics of Jesus Online]

I always thought that album [The Science of Things] was so underrated. It's an awesome Bush album.

Roses are (now) my 2nd favorite type of flower (under sunflowers). My name is Dan and the initials of both my middle and last names are S.
I'm considering changing it to "NothingColour"

Aeon Posted: Tue Mar 14 09:50:28 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aeon

Aeon Posted: Tue Mar 14 09:51:29 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm a fan of gnosticism.

Kira Posted: Tue Mar 14 10:51:11 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It's my name.

Formerly used in Persia, currently in Russia, Japan and Hawaii. It means "sun" and "queen."

I used to go by "Sailovzi," which is the name of a character in my book. I didn't identify strongly with Sailovzi, though, so I switched.

Mesh Posted: Tue Mar 14 11:30:57 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Other handle I used once was Tuulikki Mäki, in honour of Anja Tuulikki Mäki.

beetlebum Posted: Tue Mar 14 12:39:37 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum (the song) by blur. :D

Ed Posted: Tue Mar 14 12:41:54 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>Other handle I used once was Tuulikki Mäki, in honour of Anja Tuulikki Mäki.

and Sheik Yerbouti. Frank Zappa, no?

Mesh Posted: Tue Mar 14 13:14:59 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I have no idea what you're talking about. You must be mistaken. Have you been using psychedelics? I think you've been using psychedelics. Gosh dangit, those are bad for you.

JesusOnline Posted: Tue Mar 14 13:42:21 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  DanSRose said:
>Nice things about The Science of Things.

I don't dislike any bush album, but this is probably my favourite.

Also Gavin Rossdale's new band Institute are also really good.

Beep Posted: Tue Mar 14 14:38:53 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  when signing on to other things online i go by the name of HellsHorizon, purely because jsut about the only other thing i sign on to are games, and HellsHorizon is pretty kick ass when you blow someone away. it's from a book that i like a lot, but it's out of print now, the second book of a trilogy that was never finished.

when i came on to GT HellsHorizon didn't fit as it's stupid and a bit childish so i just randomly went for beep, having never thought of it or used it before or since. It's something to do with a robot, and a sign of life/communication. as for any proper or deeper meanings you'd have to go freud on my ass.

Mesh Posted: Tue Mar 14 14:41:51 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ed said:
>
>and Sheik Yerbouti. Frank Zappa, no?

Ok, you caught me. Sheikh Yerbouti yes, Frank Zappa....I don't remember?

Also Damgaard once. Because.

Mesh Posted: Tue Mar 14 14:43:23 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  YES! A quick google, and yes, Frank Zappa.

kurohyou Posted: Tue Mar 14 15:37:24 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  No interesting stories. Kurohyou is japanese for black panther. I took it after I started studying the japanese language a while ago.

In my early days on the forum I was "kilohertz" and "panther" but I like kuroyhou better than those.

and as for any history. the Black Panther is my favorite animal, even though its actually a lepoard...details.

I got kilohertz on accident one day when I needed to create an e-mail name and looked up at the back of a speaker on my desk and saw Khz and make kilohertz my name. A lot of my e-mail addresses are still as Kilohertz, though I've "outgrown" that name if you will. I don't know...I have 10+ e-mail accounts so I'm good either way.

Not that it matters...

choke Posted: Tue Mar 14 17:00:21 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mine's from a Tool song

"I hope you're choking... I hope you choke on this"

(It's about parasites)

I don't really identify with it much anymore, I've calmed down a lot.

Posted: Tue Mar 14 18:01:34 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ed said:
>Crim, didn't you say that you used to be God's Dice? Was that from the Pearl Jam song?

Yep, from the Pearl Jam song, and Einstein's "God does not play dice".

Onlyl other old nickname I can think of:

KarmaComa, from the Massive Attack/Tricky song

boondock743 Posted: Tue Mar 14 21:27:28 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i got mine from the boondock saints

Dancer Posted: Tue Mar 14 23:27:19 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i can't really remember when i signed up.. but i guess a few years back i was really partying hard every weekend and whenever i warmed up in enough alcohol, i would rush up to whatever platform to dance.. especially to the song I will survive.. i duuno why but i guess that song especially means alot when you are damn high and about to tip over to being totally knock out. it kinda reminds you to stay focus.. ha

mat_j Posted: Mon Mar 20 10:20:28 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  My alter ego and sometimes only friend Billy_Pilgrim was taken from the main character from the Kurt Vonnegut novel Slaughterhouse Five, I decided on that because adventure man (my only favourable childhood nickname that doesn't involve my name) was a bit campy costume hero and i like the loneliness of it all, like a crap cowboy who let all the cows escape or something.

and as we all know Mat_J (mat+_=-J/1) is the periodic code for the element Funkium

Mouse Posted: Mon Mar 20 13:08:41 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  At the time that I had to think up a nickname I was pretty heavily obsessed with the Matrix. My favorite character was, and still is, Mouse so I named myself after him cause I couldn't think of anything better.
I only later realized that it really does suit my personality. I've changed it to Mousie and such and had a second identity for a while, but I come back to this because it's who I am here.
I commonly use mousie and my real name on and offline. I have a closet full of names I used to be known by, I think most people who spend time online develop such over the years. Some six years ago, I think my original nicknames were Key and Airtha.
Mouse

antartica Posted: Tue Mar 21 04:13:29 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  got my nick yonks ago while applying for my first email addy and somehow got sick and tired of being told that the rest were all taken.

so the first obscure continent name that came to mind i juz popped and some how even that i fucked up with the spelling, but hey ho, is good, all searches just came up to "antarctica"

and no, i dun ever wanna go there Krapitscoldstan's good enough for me

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]