Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Battered Bush
addi Posted: Thu Mar 16 13:56:13 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I've actually have enjoyed the lack of bickering here lately on political topics, but when i read this I decided it wouldn't hurt to stir the embers and get the flames going again..if only briefly to get some life into this dead place.
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Deep doubts about the Iraq war and pessimism about America's future have shattered public confidence in President George W. Bush and helped drive his approval ratings to their lowest level ever, pollsters say.
As Bush launched a series of speeches to drum up support for the war, a new round of opinion polls found growing skepticism about Iraq and distrust of Bush.
Bush's approval rating dipped as low as 33 percent in one recent poll after a string of bad news for the White House, including uproars over a now-dead Arab port deal, a secret eavesdropping program, a series of ethics scandals involving high-profile Republicans and a bungled response to Hurricane Katrina.

A majority of Americans, 56 percent, believe Bush is "out of touch," the poll found. When asked for a one-word description of Bush, the most frequent response was "incompetent," followed by "good," "idiot" and "liar." In February 2005, the most frequent reply was "honest."

"incompetant" Really? : )

Not to worry though, hif. Many of these same people polled voted him into office.....twice. With a little luck, and Jesus on his side, these bad news numbers could do a 180. Ya never know with our fickle electorate.

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Mar 16 14:39:10 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I don't put a lot of stock into any of those approval polls, no matter who is doing them.
They have showed numbers both up and down and some even in double digits.
That would indicate that people are constantly changing their minds and you and I both know that's not the case.

This is also the norm for virtually every second term president.

addi Posted: Thu Mar 16 15:01:25 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Well if you're happy with them, then I'm happy with them!

: )

Mesh Posted: Thu Mar 16 18:23:23 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Beer?

*I am very easily amused.

DanSRose Posted: Fri Mar 17 00:53:20 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I personally like the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) cutting the budget of Mad Cow Disease testing after a thrid presumptive positive this week. That gives me faith in them.

addi Posted: Fri Mar 17 07:15:08 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  DanSRose said:
>I personally like the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) cutting the budget of Mad Cow Disease testing after a thrid presumptive positive this week. That gives me faith in them.

The money appropriated for that needed to be diverted to fight mad cow terrorists in the middle east. Rumsfeld believes some of them have ties to Al-Cowda and Mooo-ssaoui.

: (

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]