Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

This day of mine
andariel Posted: Thu Apr 6 11:18:21 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It's raining here in Durango. Not the kind of rain that inspires great writing ("It was a dark and stormy night") nor is it the soft kind that would be acceptable to dance in. It is, in fact, not even the very light rain in which rainbows are seen. This is the sort of rain that makes it feel as if everything in nature were mourning the passing of a favorite but distant grandmother; the sort you met the one and only Christmas your parents dared to try a road trip home for the holidays but sent you candy and money without fail for every birthday and holiday thereafter. It's a soft gray kind of rain in drops so small you hardly see them. It's cold. A very deep kind of cold, one that crawls into your bones and makes its self at home. It's also early as I write this and the sun is rising as a new hope in pale pink and light orange.
My background music is a jazz and blues mixed CD I made a while back. This music is fitting for the day. Jamie Cullum opens my mix with "Twentysomething" a jazzy number that is my current anthem of indecision. Shortly after that is Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band's rendition of Bach's 2 part Invention in D minor, followed by Herb Alpert's take on Love Potion #9. With music like this it has to be a good day.

The weather man said that it would clear, brighten, and warm up before noon. I'm counting on this. Today is the day I will bring my little motorcycle back to life after a winters hibernation. I so look forward to a summer of wind, open road and sun. I love the attention I draw to myself while riding, almost as much as I love riding in and of it's self. Even in a motorcycle town such as Durango female riders are low in numbers, so people tend to stop and look.

Ah, the weather is already clearing in that "She's in a better place where she doesn't hurt anymore" sort of way. The sun has at last made it over the horizon, the wind is picking up as well. While it was clam before it's now dusting the new snow off the roofs and cars, spinning it about in the sunshine while Lightnin' Hopkins reminds me that he's his moms seventh son so they can't hurt him too bad.

I suppose I'm writing this out of lonesomeness, something to do to pass the time between 6:30 and 9:30 when I start to pull my life together again. I just hope I've got enough coffee to make it that far. I'm so not a morning person. But oh how I love my chemical dependancy to coffee and tea.

Not even a song has passed and already the manic depressiveness of nature is showing strong: it's now snowing. Small hard flakes backed by strong wind, the kind that sting the skin. On the other hand, the sun is shining brightly, cheerfully. Nature, or weather in this case, is most certainly female. You can almost see the bright smile that masks the biting bitter words she'd say just to sting you.

This morning, these are the moments that I'll be reflecting on all day. The most beautiful puzzling thing I feel this day will offer me, though I hope it not to be the case. I do wonder what it is that ya'll are seeing, what you're thinking, wondering, worrying about. This is my day, but what's yours?

AND

Happy Birthday Phil, I hope it's a grand adventure.

kurohyou Posted: Thu Apr 6 11:25:45 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I get to drive a really big forklift around today....more to come later.

Not that it matters...

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Apr 6 11:39:41 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I bought a brand new garden tiller over the weekend.
It's a good one, with rear tines and a forward/reverse/neutral transmission on it.
I was finally able to assemble it and start it yesterday.
It was still just a little too wet for tilling but I went ahead and did one pass just for the hell of it.
I can't wait to get my garden started.
I'm planning to start some asparagus hills and some trellises of blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries.
Then I will have a bed with two rows of strawberries.
I expect I am beginning a never ending war with the neighborhood birds and possibly spending a fortune on netting.
Ah, I love gardening.
I haven't been able to have much of a garden for a few years now, but I plan to go whole hog now in my new home.
My bride has never had a garden other than flowers and she doesn't really understand my enthusiasm. As much as she loves to work with her flowers, I think she will get the bug.
As soon as the ground dries, I will plant the usual tomatoes, green beans, limas, assorted peppers, squash, zuchinni, cucumbers, and lettuce.
I am also going to try some watermelons, though they are chancey in this area.

I just realized this was not the topic for this thread.
I'm sitting in my office, at my computer, churning out quote after quote on projects, and in between, I'm stealing looks at GT like I always do.
It's raining here too.

kurohyou Posted: Thu Apr 6 11:56:14 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>I'm sitting in my office, at my computer, churning out quote after quote on projects, and in between, I'm stealing looks at GT like I always do.
>It's raining here too.

Hif, what do you do for a living?

Mesh Posted: Thu Apr 6 12:34:13 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  My day has been simply tragic. I've been reading various boards on IMDB....again. Everytime I do this two things happen.

1. I get a headache from the substantial amount of brain cells that wither and die off as result of massive infection from the ravenous,horribly contagious idiocy contained within the cesspools of the IMDB discussion boards. The whole experience is quite a ravenous assault on ones mental faculties, to say the least.

2. My faith in humanity continues to decrease, slipping ever further into negative numbers.

Now I've completely forgotten what it was I was talking about. Let me start over.

My day has been simply tragic. I've been reading various boards on IMDB....again. Everytime I do this two things happen.

1. I get a headache from the substantial amount of brain cells that wither and die off as result of massive infection from the ravenous, horribly contagious idiocy contained within the cesspools of the IMDB discussion boards. The whole experience is quite a ravenous assault on ones mental faculties, to say the least.

2. My faith in humanity continues to decrease, slipping ever further into negative numbers.

And so on and so forth.*

*Do you see what I did there?

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Apr 6 12:38:31 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  kurohyou said:
>ifihadahif said:
>>I'm sitting in my office, at my computer, churning out quote after quote on projects, and in between, I'm stealing looks at GT like I always do.
>>It's raining here too.
>
>Hif, what do you do for a living?
>
I am in inside sales for an electrical/electronics distributor.

Mesh Posted: Thu Apr 6 12:52:17 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  And now I am actually going to be going to bed to catch some zzz's. My eyes are completely bloodshot and have heavy bags under them I've been up too long.

So goodnight(morning/afternoon).

Only bad thing is I'll wake up at sometime around 8pm probably. Then I'll just have to do the whole cycle all over again. Oh well.

FN Posted: Thu Apr 6 12:54:15 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>I am in inside sales for an electrical/electronics distributor.

Sure you are, Winston.

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Apr 6 13:07:52 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>ifihadahif said:
>>I am in inside sales for an electrical/electronics distributor.
>
>Sure you are, Winston.
>
??????

choke Posted: Thu Apr 6 14:55:25 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  My day will not be as well written.

Last night I dreamt I kissed a smoker and it tasted bad and was so vivid I'm afraid I may have kissed someone/thing in my sleep.

This morning I had sore muscles because our yoga instructer is a swim coach and treats us as such. Yoga is not a tranquil class for me. It is filled with groans and murderous glares and a yelling voice punctuated with a whistle. "TIFFANY GET THOSE HIPS UP YOU SLACKER" Seriously though, I love my teacher. He just doesn't let us quit. And I have no issue with quitting. Especially in yoga.

I read some of Jungs Map of the Soul.

I had a conversation with the boy in my next class as he rubbed my aching shoulders about how he shaved his buttcrack hair last night and I warned him of the discomfort that would follow as it grew back.

I got a chocolate milk at lunch because I don't like milk but I worry about my bones crumbling in my sleep.

I spoke to one of my friends about the attractiveness of being a builder.

This day of mine is not yet over.

I have to pee.

Is attractiveness a word?

addi Posted: Thu Apr 6 15:31:24 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
>My day will not be as well written.

>Last night I dreamt I kissed a smoker and it tasted bad and was so vivid I'm afraid I may have kissed someone/thing in my sleep.

I hope your host family doesn't have a dog that sneaks into your room at night...and if they do that she's not a bitch.

>This morning I had sore muscles because our yoga instructer is a swim coach and treats us as such. Yoga is not a tranquil class for me. It is filled with groans and murderous glares and a yelling voice punctuated with a whistle.

Yoga is SO good for your body. Stick with it, tiff.

>"TIFFANY GET THOSE HIPS UP YOU SLACKER"

Was that from your yoga instructor, or your boyfriend?

nevermind

>I had a conversation with the boy in my next class as he rubbed my aching shoulders about how he shaved his buttcrack hair last night and I warned him of the discomfort that would follow as it grew back.

This is disturbing on many levels. First, that it was even a topic of conversation at all. Secondly, that you were aware of the discomfort that follows shaving hair off your butt. I won't even ask.

>I have to pee.

Why is it that women feel the need to announce things like this? As if it's important the whole world knows. My wife will call me just to tell me she has to go to the bathroom...no joke. Women at the office, who are very modest about sexual matters, will suddenly announce during a work discussion, "I have to go pee", as if it's vital information to the success of the project we're working on.
I won't even start a discussion on the female need to go in packs.

>Is attractiveness a word?

yes

as in, "Tiff is a bizarre woman, but her attractiveness more than compensates for her strange behavior."

: )

FN Posted: Thu Apr 6 15:53:57 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Christophe said:
>>ifihadahif said:
>>>I am in inside sales for an electrical/electronics distributor.
>>
>>Sure you are, Winston.
>>
>??????

Still pondering on 1984, the main character is called Winston and works at "The Ministery Of Truth".

You should read the book hif if you haven't already, I'm sure it'd be your cup of tea ;o)

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Apr 6 16:19:22 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>ifihadahif said:
>>Christophe said:
>>>ifihadahif said:
>>>>I am in inside sales for an electrical/electronics distributor.
>>>
>>>Sure you are, Winston.
>>>
>>??????
>
>Still pondering on 1984, the main character is called Winston and works at "The Ministery Of Truth".
>
I read it many eons ago when I was in high school.
Truthfully it didn't have much of an impact on me, I don't remember all that much about it. Fahrenheit 451 was better.
>You should read the book hif if you haven't already, I'm sure it'd be your cup of tea ;o)

Posted: Thu Apr 6 18:52:42 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It's my birthday today. I attended my classes after sleeping through my first one, and now I'm about to go have dinner with my mother, who I haven't seen in a good while.

Afterwards, as is birthday-standard, I expect to go get proper fucking drunk.

addi Posted: Thu Apr 6 18:55:52 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:

>Afterwards, as is birthday-standard, I expect to go get proper fucking drunk.

Just don't get proper fucking drunk with your mother

:)

FN Posted: Thu Apr 6 20:55:49 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:
>Afterwards, as is birthday-standard, I expect to go get proper fucking drunk.

That's what all the cool people do, yow.

Ahriman Posted: Thu Apr 6 21:23:09 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  My hand is bleeding...a lot.

Mesh Posted: Fri Apr 7 00:17:27 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>
>I am in inside sales for an electrical/electronics distributor.

I suspect you are really John Peterman.

iggy Posted: Fri Apr 7 00:39:25 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  woke up late for work today.
still recovering from the accident that got me the concussion.
massive headache and stuff.
now back at work.
grouchy as hell.

Mesh Posted: Fri Apr 7 01:11:14 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mr. Misses said:
>
>*Do you see what I did there?
>

Guess not.

Mesh Posted: Fri Apr 7 02:34:50 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mister maroon said:
>woke up late for work today.
>still recovering from the accident that got me the concussion.
>massive headache and stuff.
>now back at work.
>grouchy as hell.
>
>

Aww shucks Chan, I didn't know you got in an accident :( Concussions are major suckage, hope you feel better in a few days.

Posted: Fri Apr 7 02:51:44 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  wooooooooooo!

well, I survived. Sobering up now.

Working at 9AM. Best to get some Z's.

Nightynight.

Mesh Posted: Fri Apr 7 07:04:57 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman said:
>My hand is bleeding...a lot.

What happened?

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Apr 7 07:44:49 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:
>wooooooooooo!
>
>
>well, I survived. Sobering up now.
>
>Working at 9AM. Best to get some Z's.
>
>Nightynight.
>
nightynight Crim, hope you had a good one.

Mouse Posted: Fri Apr 7 11:43:53 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  My most important activity of the day thus far will now go undefined, speculate if you please. I have not eaten yet, and I need a shower, but I'm so eager to get my day moving that I have a list of things to do started and I'm haggling with myself over them.
Will I take my shower, study some, tidy up in the bedroom, make my phone calls, plan the new locations of my furniture, and do the dishes first? Or will I go buy dog and fish food and study at the library first? Will I break it up into some things at home, the things I have to go out to do, and then the rest of the things at home? Or will I wile away hours wasting time, daydreaming about the reasons I need to do things instead of doing them so I can get there?
I'm going to go have that shower, then I'll sort out the rest. Showers are good for daydreaming, water is conducive to that sort of thing.
*mass tacklehug*
Mouse

choke Posted: Fri Apr 7 14:45:20 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mouse said:
>I'm going to go have that shower, then I'll sort out the rest. Showers are good for daydreaming, water is conducive to that sort of thing.

Did you know you can change the shape of water molecules by the way you think around them? For example: A jar of water in a room with someone very angry will have molecules that look different than a jar of water in a room with someone in a good mood. Now if you think about this, the world is mostly built up of water, right? So our thoughts have a direct effect on our environment.

Yes, I stole that and most probably mangled the meaning to suit myself from the movie What the Bleep do we Know, which is a great movie that everyone should watch.

Mouse Posted: Fri Apr 7 16:50:52 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  There is a dove in the little tree outside one of my windows. I found out because my dog was barking at it and trying to climb the fence. I went out and saw the situation, one dead fledgling on the ground, the mohter perched over the remaining one in the third left in the tree of the old robin's nest she had used. When I walked around the tree looking to see how bad the damage to the nest was the mother flew. She tried to go to the ground across the yard and ran into the fence, the dog went after her and she turned on the wing to fly away. The fledgling was upset up her departure and had to climb into the middle of what was left of its home. I went inside and got a towel, shoebox, and step ladder. I took the whole thing from the tree with the towel, nest and fledgling together, and put them into the shoebox. I wedged the shoebox where the nest had been. The mother took quite a fright, I don't know if she'll come back. And if she does, I don't if she'll take one look at the box and abandon the fledgling. I will watch, and hope. If she is not back by dusk I will come up with something. Birds are hard, they are fragile creatures. It often seems that only their mothers can raise them. The tips of his pinfeathers are starting to open, he might have a chance of surviving human care, if he was any smaller I would not even consider trying. Poor baby, I hope his mother comes back to him.
Mouse

Mesh Posted: Fri Apr 7 16:55:47 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Oh I just flipped on the TV and had my day brigthened to an infitine degree. Right as I turn it on, there is this little girl drinking from a coffee cup, and a boy offers her cream. Her response, "No, thank you, I take it black, like my men."

I laughed out loud.

Mesh Posted: Sat Apr 8 09:26:59 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mr. Misses said:
>My day has been simply tragic. I've been reading various boards on IMDB....again. Everytime I do this two things happen.
>
>1. I get a headache from the substantial amount of brain cells that wither and die off as result of massive infection from the ravenous,horribly contagious idiocy contained within the cesspools of the IMDB discussion boards. The whole experience is quite a ravenous assault on ones mental faculties, to say the least.
>
>2. My faith in humanity continues to decrease, slipping ever further into negative numbers.
>
>
>
>
>
>

>

Oh. Now I've gone and done it again. I don't think I'll ever learn.

This is the one that's done it this time.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0338013/board/flat/38259477

And on IMDB, that's far from the worst I've seen.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]