Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Special Ed
Cherry_Moon Posted: Tue Apr 11 02:29:47 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  [22:57] puckrivera: Cherry, you might not get this for a while, but I just wanted you to know that I'm missing a lot right now. I'm actually getting some hw done and I keep imagining we're already living together and I'm waiting for you to come home. maybe a phone call. a text just to hear from you; not because I'm worried. I just want some sort of contact. looking through old text messages or checking my voicemail just wouldn't be enough.

[23:00] puckrivera: I guess that longing always proves how much you truly need someone. with me sitting here alone helps my mind wander, and since I'm supposedly thinking about hw, it decides to think about you instead. (not that I mind. I'm getting work done anyway)

[23:02] puckrivera: I doubt that this is anywhere near what you feel, but it's a start. text communication and phone conversations aren't enough (like I even have to say it) but they do keep me from missing you so much
[23:02] puckrivera: especially since we don't go twelve hours without contact with each other

[23:03] puckrivera: ok, except for when I don't have time to talk to you before school because I was up late or something like that

[23:10] puckrivera: it'll suck if you don't get this, but I guess I can just resend it when you get online. and I won't have to worry about closing this window and losing it because message archiving rocks! *hides*

[23:49] puckrivera: it doesn't help that I'm looking for sad songs for sweetp's thread on gt. the sucktacular part is some of them aren't sad. they just have a possibility of being sad and they only seem that way because I'm not too terribly happy at the moment

Everybody kudos to puck! Make him blush! There aren't enough good men out there....

Ed Posted: Tue Apr 11 02:33:17 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  goddamnit.....

note to self: wipe cherry's hard-drive and steal her photobucket

Ed Posted: Tue Apr 11 02:56:49 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  seriously, what the crap? this place is becoming a soap opera and I am the main character. It was before, but.....bah

Mesh Posted: Tue Apr 11 03:00:45 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  But you're a good main character, Ed.

Ed Posted: Tue Apr 11 03:07:06 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mr. Misses said:
>But you're a good main character, Ed.

Thanks 'sug, but it's tough to carry a show, even one about nothing.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Tue Apr 11 03:11:00 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mr. Misses said:
>But you're a good main character, Ed.

he is a good character... a cutie

Ed Posted: Tue Apr 11 03:14:27 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  my brain is going to explode

Mesh Posted: Tue Apr 11 03:30:08 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I hope you have some Bounty nearby.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Tue Apr 11 05:01:33 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  >addi said:
>>One of the many lessons to be learned from this:
>>
>>Do not get romantically involved with another regular GTer.

remember this Addi?
welll?

BAH! *giggles*

addi Posted: Tue Apr 11 07:11:15 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:

>>>Do not get romantically involved with another regular GTer.
>
>remember this Addi?
>welll?
>
>BAH! *giggles*

As with every rule....there are exceptions. In this case I make one : )

And Ed don't worry about the photos and invasion of your private love life. We're all family here. If it would make you feel any better I'll take a pic of myself right after I wake up at 5am in the morning (before coffee). It will scare the crap out of you.

FN Posted: Tue Apr 11 07:11:56 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Who's that flat-chested woman in your avatar?

addi Posted: Tue Apr 11 07:36:07 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  it's the Beatle's. A rock band before your time.

*and if you look closely you'd see Ringo has a nice rack

DanSRose Posted: Tue Apr 11 08:42:55 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I think the flat-chesetd woman he meant, Addi, was Ed. The hair confused me too. And my eyes were half open. He seemed very fair at the time.

addi Posted: Tue Apr 11 08:47:49 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  DanSRose said:
>I think the flat-chesetd woman he meant, Addi, was Ed.

Oh really?

: )

Posted: Tue Apr 11 08:57:44 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  DanSRose said:
>I think the flat-chesetd woman he meant, Addi, was Ed. The hair confused me too. And my eyes were half open. He seemed very fair at the time.

You give him no credit! He is a man of purest satire and wit.

FN Posted: Tue Apr 11 09:28:36 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:
>You give him no credit! He is a man of purest satire and wit.

Well thank you Crim, good vibes coming your way ;o)

addi Posted: Tue Apr 11 09:38:29 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:

>Well thank you Crim, good vibes coming your way ;o)

D'oh!

Cherry_Moon Posted: Tue Apr 11 13:01:42 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Who's that flat-chested woman in your avatar?

Play nice you guys....
He's beautiful...
Don't be jealous coz you guys need to wear little make up to be passable as males.

FN Posted: Tue Apr 11 13:19:31 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:
>Don't be jealous coz you guys need to wear little make up to be passable as males.

I think that skewed view on manliness right there explains it all.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Tue Apr 11 13:26:47 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Cherry_Moon said:
>>Don't be jealous coz you guys need to wear little make up to be passable as males.
>
>I think that skewed view on manliness right there explains it all.

Chris men are allowed to be beautiful. Don't be jealous Puck is beautiful and more of a man then you will ever be....

i mean you have a monkey's butt for a face...

Mesh Posted: Tue Apr 11 13:28:16 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i r teh ugly?!?!

Cherry_Moon Posted: Tue Apr 11 13:31:54 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mr. Misses said:
>i r teh ugly?!?!

no no no Mesh. I'm sure you are beautiful. I was talking to Chris dear *pats Mesh's head*

and we've all seen pics of Chris and he looks like he got hit by the ugly stick

FN Posted: Tue Apr 11 13:41:46 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:
>Don't be jealous Puck is beautiful and more of a man then you will ever be....
>i mean you have a monkey's butt for a face...

That's very inventive of you. Try and make a carreer out of it, I bet you'll live in the biggest trailer of 'em all.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Tue Apr 11 14:28:33 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>That's very inventive of you. Try and make a carreer out of it, I bet you'll live in the biggest trailer of 'em all.

Aww, such a sweetie! I could just bind you to a pole and break your manhood in multiple pieces.

choke Posted: Tue Apr 11 17:36:30 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  This entire thread in general has kind of weirded me out.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Wed Apr 12 01:08:43 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
>This entire thread in general has kind of weirded me out.

why?

choke Posted: Wed Apr 12 18:38:27 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:
>choke said:
>>This entire thread in general has kind of weirded me out.
>
>why?

Well the initial reason for it was sweet, maybe a little creepy. I felt a little uncomfortable reading it because I know if someone had shared my private messages online I would have been very, very angry. But Ed seemed to take it well, which made it okay I guess. I just didn't feel like I had the right to be reading something that personal between two people I don't even know.

But putting that aside, I was also weirded out by how rude everyones responses have been to each other in this thread. We have people insulting others looks, which I have never seen before on GT. And we have your insults in defense which although are to be expected, the insults you chose just struck me as being very weird and complex. I feel like they are comical, but that you don't mean for them to be that way, at least not in the way that I'm seeing them.

I think if you have a problem with other members then you should bring it up in a more understandable way than confusingly creative insults. I think you have every reason to want to defend yourself against them, and by all means go ahead. But with the comments like "i mean you have a monkeys butt for a face" it just seems to be getting into an awkward situation to me, anyway.

But that could just be my opinion.

FN Posted: Wed Apr 12 19:19:13 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I bet she gets the "insults" from a book that also has the best calendar jokes.

choke Posted: Wed Apr 12 20:53:36 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>I bet she gets the "insults" from a book that also has the best calendar jokes.

Christophe you were part of the weirdness factor as well you don't get out of it that easily :P

Mesh Posted: Wed Apr 12 21:00:02 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Was I a part of the weirdness factor as well? If not, that would be a first I believe.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Thu Apr 13 02:45:23 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
>Well the initial reason for it was sweet, maybe a little creepy. I felt a little uncomfortable reading it because I know if someone had shared my private messages online I would have been very, very angry. But Ed seemed to take it well, which made it okay I guess. I just didn't feel like I had the right to be reading something that personal between two people I don't even know.

mmm my explaination for this thread is long and complicated and nobody here will give a crap. so i'm not going to get into it all. Puck is more then fine with it. I check with him about things of such nature. It's not our fault peoples on gt don't interact with either of us outside of the forum....

>But putting that aside, I was also weirded out by how rude everyones responses have been to each other in this thread.

yeah. i was hoping that people would actually respond to the actual post instead of focusing on my avatar of Puck. I was rude coz they started the shallow shit and i felt like i needed to defend.

>We have people insulting others looks, which I have never seen before on GT.

yeah! what's up with that you guys?! I mean gt has really taken a turn for the worse. It's very petty to make cheap shots about somebodys' looks and exclude their actual character. But hey we have racists, riffs between long-time friends, people moving to other countries, exs making appearances, drama, etc. why not make a place - when i floated around and joined- where new young peoples can chill and talk about everything and nothing into a place where cheap shots are okay. and there's ass slapping for whoever has the best degrading comeback.

i like a handful of the cool peeps here: Addi, Mousie, Crim, Mesh, Ifih, Chan, Aeon, Wolffie. But it's not what it used to be.... :(

>And we have your insults in defense which although are to be expected, the insults you chose just struck me as being very weird and complex. I feel like they are comical, but that you don't mean for them to be that way, at least not in the way that I'm seeing them.

hmm erm oookkkay. i said it to be retarded and myself. I have started to become comfotable here - finally- enough to let myself say stuff like that, that only my friends here laugh at me about. Not here to be a snappy witty person filled with neat little combacks that are funny and zing. I like myself jus the way i am.

>I think if you have a problem with other members then you should bring it up in a more understandable way than confusingly creative insults. I think you have every reason to want to defend yourself against them, and by all means go ahead. But with the comments like "i mean you have a monkeys butt for a face" it just seems to be getting into an awkward situation to me, anyway.

i'm not interested in taking time to talk to jackasses. I have to deal with them 16hrs most days. I'm not giving spare time to those sorts of peoples. plus it's a reference to something else entirely. it's awkward coz people decided to go shallow and ignore what i posted. so meh!

libra Posted: Thu Apr 13 12:31:20 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I don't know if it's my place to jump in here Cherry, but when I opened this thread before people had responded I didn't know how to respond. Like Choke, I felt I had been let in on someone's private discussions, and I didn't really understand what it was you were wanting us to do.
I understand the desire to shout to the world that you're dating the most amazing person in the world, but because of what i've seen around me, people generally don't really have much of a response to such a situation--one of the problems of being in love is that most of the things that you find absolutely wonderful...other people don't...because they're not in love with what you're in love with.
GT for me used to be about conversations about the world, debates about the most random of things, and joking about nonsense. It's definitely changed a lot.

addi Posted: Thu Apr 13 17:09:42 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:

>GT for me used to be about conversations about the world, debates about the most random of things, and joking about nonsense. It's definitely changed a lot.

help change it back then, [redacted]. You're lack of input has been noticed...especially on political threads.

Hugs : )

*that is a lovely photo

Mesh Posted: Thu Apr 13 17:56:52 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  What I think we needs is a bunch of n00bs. We all know where eachother stands, more or less. So it's like beating a dead horse on some things.

But n00bs, they bring n00btacular stuff to the table.

addi Posted: Thu Apr 13 18:02:06 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  You got me thinking, Libra

The 18th of this month will be the start of my 4th year here...phew.
I think this placed has changed significantly in some ways since then, and in other ways it's very much the same.

It's changed because some of the hard core regulars have since left us altogether, or become DBFs. When you take away the daily input of posters like ant, misszero, mat_j along with others you have to expect some change. Even amoung those that still post I've seen a noticable cut back in how often we hear from them...stars such as Sweet P, Libra, Chan (mr. maroon), Wolffie, Ahriman, Aeon, Jenn, nov, mouse, beetlebum, kuro, dancer, and I know many others that I can't think of at the moment aren't posting as much. All of the people above have an impact on the subject matter of threads and the dynamics of this place.
I'm not dissing ANY of you good folks. I only bring up your names to make my point. I know demands and interests change for all of us, and that's just part of life. None of us are static in life, so we can't expect GT to be that way either.
I also think another factor involved is that many of us have talked about a great deal of topics over the past years. We are getting to know each other better so some of the ideas for threads may seem to be repetitive...and outside of Milk I can't think of a new poster that has come aboard and actually stayed here for quite some time.

On the positive side the handfull of regulars that do post here have been here for awhile. Most of you have literally become my online family (sounds corny, I know). We still get into serious discussions about sex, racism, religion, politics, suicide, education, culture, love, etc.
We still get into silly topics too.

We're all slowly but surely getting older, and while that's not a real happy thought for some of us, at least we're getting older together. I take some comfort in that....and knowing that if I had never stumbled onto this place my life would be a little less richer and interesting.

Hugs to all the GTers now gone, and hugs to all of you that are still here. Whether we have much in common and not, whether you post once an hour or once a month, your unique personalities add something important to this place.

Sheesh...I said too much...so rare for me don't you think?

choke Posted: Thu Apr 13 18:15:58 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Lol Addi I swear you are my conscience. I started a post replying to Cherry, but then I saw what you had posted and had to delete it out of guilt :P

Mesh Posted: Thu Apr 13 20:04:06 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Here's something to discuss. Yosef Dayan caused Ariel Sharons current situation by calling upon Samael the Angel of Death to intervene in retaliation of Sharon ordering the evacuation of the Gaza settlements.

libra Posted: Thu Apr 13 20:49:19 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>
>help change it back then, [redacted]. You're lack of input has been noticed...especially on political threads.
>

I know, i've been totally absent. I still read everything, but I often just won't let myself post to things that might draw me in too much because I've been so busy with school. Although I love being able to check back on GT every half an hour to see what people said, I can't. And then I fall behind and get confused...

>Hugs : )
>
>
>*that is a lovely photo
thank you!

addi Posted: Thu Apr 13 21:32:20 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
>Lol Addi I swear you are my conscience.

Why, yes I am..and I don't particularly like what you're thinking right now young lady. Shame on you.

*Libra...I know school is your top priority..as it should be. Keep your nose to the books and check in when you can. I miss my leftist back up : )

libra Posted: Thu Apr 13 22:34:15 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:

>
>*Libra...I know school is your top priority..as it should be. Keep your nose to the books and check in when you can. I miss my leftist back up : )

hehe...and I do get my panties in a bunch at some of the things hif posts...but I just don't think I can do it anymore...i got in the biggest debate/argument with my grandfather the other day and I was just like, you can't argue with these people!!! He basically said that all liberals were communists. Jerk. But he's also incredibly catholic, which just adds to the madness...

Ed Posted: Thu Apr 13 22:54:54 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>He basically said that all liberals were communists

no, only the good ones

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Apr 13 23:25:36 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>addi said:
>
But he's also incredibly catholic, which just adds to the madness...
>
Is that a bad thing ?

libra Posted: Thu Apr 13 23:46:11 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>libra said:
>>addi said:
>>
> But he's also incredibly catholic, which just adds to the madness...
>>
>Is that a bad thing ?

when it comes to an inability to understand and reason with each other, it is. And when it creates the family situation we have, it is.
The reason why my parents and my brother and I were kind of outcasts of my dad's family is because my dad decided he wasn't religious, didn't become a priest like they wanted, married a blonde girl from a non-catholic 'broken' family, didn't introduce his children to god, etc, etc.

The way my paternal grandmother treated my family, especially my dad, really makes me question catholicism.
Random example from my childhood: I asked her if she wanted to see my new hamster when I was about 5 when they came to visit, and she turned to me and said flatly, "no." There are other things, but that one demonstrates the absurdity of it all.

I also don't like organized religion of any kind.

Mesh Posted: Thu Apr 13 23:47:39 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>libra said:
>>addi said:
>>
> But he's also incredibly catholic, which just adds to the madness...
>>
>Is that a bad thing ?

Not as bad as being incredibly coptic. Those people, I swear! Pope Shenouda III, bunch of poppycock.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]