Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

housewarming
Cherry_Moon Posted: Wed Apr 12 15:00:14 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  erm i have no clue how to organize one.... *blush* i'm going for casual but nice. There will prolly be 10-15 people there... any advice from decor tips to good drinks and food would be helpful.

Mesh Posted: Wed Apr 12 15:10:33 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Coldcuts+bread+sliced cucumber+pickeled herring+liver paste= a diving party tray.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Wed Apr 12 16:12:50 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mr. Misses said:
>Coldcuts+bread+sliced cucumber+pickeled herring+liver paste= a diving party tray.

thanks mesh. herring and liver aren't my favorites but maybe somebody will like it....

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Apr 12 16:35:33 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  jello shooters, body paints, a piercing/tattoo booth, and of course ya gotta have Nekkid Twister.

Mesh Posted: Wed Apr 12 16:37:50 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Also something we do 'round hurr from time to time in get togethers, is everyone cooks up a bunch of a single dish, and then brings it to the party and everyone shares around. I think there's a word for it, but I don't know it. Those are always kind of fun.

I don't know anything about decorations. But strobe lights are always fun. It's not a rare occurance that we'll turn out all the lights, crank up some dance music and turn on a strobe light and just all go wild dancing around like idiots.

Also, an arghileh with some fruit flavoured shisha. Everyone gather around and smoke and discuss anything and everything.

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Apr 12 16:45:16 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mr. Misses said:
>Also something we do 'round hurr from time to time in get togethers, is everyone cooks up a bunch of a single dish, and then brings it to the party and everyone shares around. I think there's a word for it, but I don't know it. Those are always kind of fun.
>
'round hurr, we call that a pot luck dinner.

choke Posted: Wed Apr 12 18:47:13 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  A keg and a length of hose.

choke Posted: Wed Apr 12 18:47:35 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>jello shooters, body paints, a piercing/tattoo booth, and of course ya gotta have Nekkid Twister.

I'd go.

jennemmer Posted: Thu Apr 13 00:16:08 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I used to try fancy things when I had groups of people over but I found that people mostly ate chips/veggie sticks and dip or sweets like brownies or cookies. BYOB is also pretty much the norm where I'm from for parties by anyone without much income but it's always fun to have a large batch of, say, margaretta on hand if you have a blender

Cherry_Moon Posted: Thu Apr 13 13:15:17 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>a piercing/tattoo booth, and of course ya gotta have Nekkid Twister.

erm i get this eerie feeling that i'm going to need some quality time with martha stewart.com to find my house warming tips. ;p

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Apr 13 13:50:24 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:
>ifihadahif said:
>>a piercing/tattoo booth, and of course ya gotta have Nekkid Twister.
>
>erm i get this eerie feeling that i'm going to need some quality time with martha stewart.com to find my house warming tips. ;p
>
Yeah, she could update you in the latest fashion ideas for ankle bracelets.
:-)

addi Posted: Thu Apr 13 17:04:30 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  >Mr. Misses said:

>Mmmmm...Martha bent over touching her ankles..

disgusting

Mesh Posted: Thu Apr 13 17:55:25 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  How dare you read my thoughts, Sir!

addi Posted: Thu Apr 13 18:07:42 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mr. Misses said:
>How dare you read my thoughts, Sir!

: )

sorry..won't happen again.

Posted: Fri Apr 14 18:48:11 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  drink choices, if it's alcoholic, to accomodate for all likely guests:

one light beer, one domestic beer, one export beer.

hard liquor-wise, you should definitely have the 4-core (Whiskey, Vodka, Rum, Ammaretto), and then whatever else. Gin and Scotch usually come next.

Lime juice and Lemon juice. Wouldn't hurt to have some Creme de Cacao on hand.

Oh, and the absinthe. Obviously.

beetlebum Posted: Sat Apr 15 03:22:27 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:

>
>hard liquor-wise, you should definitely have the 4-core (Whiskey, Vodka, Rum, Ammaretto), and then whatever else. Gin and Scotch usually come next.
>

i would have to put gin in the top three, only because gin and tonics are light and refreshing. and margaritas are always always a hit. if you have a mixer, get some nice sorbet and throw a little vodka in there, mix it up,and voila! an alco-pop.

FN Posted: Sat Apr 15 07:44:24 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Because remember kids: it's only cool if it has alcohol in it and you can tell your friends what a boozer you are!

Cherry_Moon Posted: Sat Apr 15 10:12:06 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  thank you beeltebum and crim. however there will not be liquor at the house warming...

i'm wondering if anyone knows any good websites i could check out for party planning in general?

if not... thanks for everybodies imput. Most of it was entertaining....

beetlebum Posted: Sat Apr 15 11:28:39 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Because remember kids: it's only cool if it has alcohol in it and you can tell your friends what a boozer you are!

that is exactly what i was thinking.

beetlebum Posted: Sat Apr 15 11:31:38 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:
>thank you beeltebum and crim. however there will not be liquor at the house warming...
>
>i'm wondering if anyone knows any good websites i could check out for party planning in general?
>
>if not... thanks for everybodies imput. Most of it was entertaining....

http://appetizer.allrecipes.com/

that has ideas for food/drink

seriously, with soda and punch/kool aid/whatever and something salty, you can't go wrong.

Posted: Sat Apr 15 18:56:06 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Because remember kids: it's only cool if it has alcohol in it and you can tell your friends what a boozer you are!

My boozing is no worse than your attending socially backwards raves :)

Cherry_Moon Posted: Sun Apr 16 02:23:17 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:
>Christophe said:
>>Because remember kids: it's only cool if it has alcohol in it and you can tell your friends what a boozer you are!
>
>My boozing is no worse than your attending socially backwards raves

you are official on my coolest people i know list.

jennemmer Posted: Sun Apr 16 20:37:19 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:

>http://appetizer.allrecipes.com/

The allrecipes site is great, I've found a bunch of receipes I'd been looking for.
So much good food to try and make ... but so little desire to actually do the cooking. ;p

ifihadahif Posted: Mon Apr 17 10:42:47 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:
>drink choices, if it's alcoholic, to accomodate for all likely guests:
>
>one light beer, one domestic beer, one export beer.
>
>hard liquor-wise, you should definitely have the 4-core (Whiskey, Vodka, Rum, Ammaretto), and then whatever else. Gin and Scotch usually come next.
>
>Lime juice and Lemon juice. Wouldn't hurt to have some Creme de Cacao on hand.
>
>Oh, and the absinthe. Obviously.
>
How dare you leave out tequila ?

And where does one acquire absinthe ?

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]