Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Pretty cool webcam
ifihadahif Posted: Tue Apr 18 11:53:52 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  

http://www.infotecbusinesssystems.com/wildlife/

It's a webcam pointed at a bald eagle nest off the western coast of Canada.
It's streaming live, so you can check in and see the eagles trading places, incubating the eggs, there are two in the nest. How cool is that ?

addi Posted: Tue Apr 18 12:23:42 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  That is cool. I was watching it just sitting on the nest and something about the way an eagle's eyes look makes it seem like they always have an attitude...

"Hey...Are youz lookin' at me? I said ARE YOUZ LOOKIN' AT ME?!"

: )

Mesh Posted: Tue Apr 18 13:29:10 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Soon there will be a computer controlled rifle hooked up to it.

Internet Hunting! The joy of killing animals, and you don't even have to leave your computer! OR PUT DOWN YOUR CHEETOS!
=======================================

That is a pretty nifty webcam. He(she?) is sitting there nice and peaceful. So dignified.

ifihadahif Posted: Tue Apr 18 13:33:41 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mr. Misses said:
>Soon there will be a computer controlled rifle hooked up to it.
>
>Internet Hunting! The joy of killing animals, and you don't even have to leave your computer! OR PUT DOWN YOUR CHEETOS!
>=======================================
>
>
>
>That is a pretty nifty webcam. He(she?) is sitting there nice and peaceful. So dignified.
>
You know it's gonna be cool when the eggs hatch.

Mesh Posted: Tue Apr 18 13:35:47 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Indeed. When it happens I just don't will be when I'm not watching. I'm going to keep this open for a few days though. See if anything neat happens.

Mesh Posted: Tue Apr 18 13:37:50 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I just know it will be when I'm not watching*

Kira Posted: Thu Apr 20 01:39:35 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I saw something similar with osprey, some years ago. I remember being surprised how long I could watch it without getting bored - all the activity consisted of the mom sitting, keeping watch, and the dad coming by every fifteen minutes or so. But it was neat, I wish I'd gone back to see the babies.

ifihadahif Posted: Sat Apr 22 18:20:38 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mr. Misses said:
>I just know it will be when I'm not watching*
>
Expected hatching date is 4/25

sweet p Posted: Sat Apr 29 17:47:43 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I wish I could see it :(

addi Posted: Sat Apr 29 18:24:41 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I wish the Canadians would put a webcam you, P.

Wait...that sounded kinda creepy. Nevermind.

*nice lips

ifihadahif Posted: Sat Apr 29 18:30:02 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yeah, it did sound a little creepy to me too, but ya know it's still not a bad idea.
Sweet P is so damn pretty . . *sigh*

ifihadahif Posted: Sat Apr 29 18:30:46 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sweet P said:
>I wish I could see it :(
>
Too many people logged on during these due dates.
More bandwidth available on Monday.

addi Posted: Sat Apr 29 19:59:16 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Yeah, it did sound a little creepy to me too, but ya know it's still not a bad idea.

Well...it would be nice...and if they did it I swear I wouldn't ever look

:-)

sweet p Posted: Mon May 1 01:12:22 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I finally saw it!
However, there has been talk that there will be no eaglets. The eggs are speckled in areas and if those are actual holes, they have been there for a week and so the birdies are dead. One of the "experts" made a post saying:
"This is a sad moment. It appears that the Hornby Island bald eagle eggs are infertile."
Others claim that since the eagles continue to lay on the eggs, they must know something that we don't.

I wouldn't know.

I just tuned in on time to see "Dad" get up, cry like I've never known an eagle to cry before and switch places with "Mom". That was interesting.

And..in reference to a [creepy] P-cam.. while my nest is a little prettier, let me assure you that my life is waaay less exciting. Plus, I've got no buns in the oven.

addi Posted: Mon May 1 07:19:13 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sweet P said:

>And..in reference to a [creepy] P-cam.. while my nest is a little prettier, let me assure you that my life is waaay less exciting. Plus, I've got no buns in the oven.

That's good. It's much better to have buns on your butt than in the oven.

But I can assure you that given a choice between watching an eagle's nest or a sweet P webcam the males here wouldn't have to think twice about it....and I'm guessing a few of the females too : )

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]