Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Poll Question.
choke Posted: Tue May 2 19:04:13 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Why do you/don't you?

Mesh Posted: Tue May 2 20:31:22 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I answered no, but I don't know how I feel honestly. I'm busy right now and have to leave, but I'll give it some thought, and maybe, just maybe, I might actually put into typing up a decent post.

PS Gosh Choke, thanks for (not) asking me to Prom!

Posted: Tue May 2 22:40:10 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I answered yes, but man, do I need some more free time.

Kira Posted: Tue May 2 23:18:02 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I can't remember what I answered. I suspect "no."

My life is SAFE.

libra Posted: Wed May 3 00:07:48 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I said yes...mostly because I'm a 20 year old girl who is going to one of the best universities in the world, has lots of things ahead of her and a great boyfriend and friends and family.

I'm really not allowed to complain.

But there are a lot of things that I am not so happy about. Like Kira, my life is safe. I tend to sacrifice extreme emotional highs for safety and comfort. I'm trying right now to figure out if that is a bad thing or if it is just part of who I am.

Ahriman Posted: Wed May 3 08:49:05 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  My life is really shitty but I have a hard time simply giving up so my answer was yes. Death, bills, papers, obligations, yadda yadda yadda. Take it as it comes, no need to get pissed off or cry about things. It doesn't help. As BNL once sang,
"You can't live your life in the baby seat
You've got to stand on your own
Don't admit defeat" and I completely agree.

kurohyou Posted: Wed May 3 12:17:52 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Right now no....but it certainly has been interesting in the last month...experiencing things I never thought I would...things I don't want...very tired...should be working...attention span is shit these days...

Not that it matters...

jennemmer Posted: Wed May 3 14:43:33 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I put yes. I've been having trouble getting motivated in the morning (worse than my normal "not a morning person"ness). My boyfriend is 1000 miles away, I haven't seen him in a month and I won't get to for another 3 weeks. I'm dealing with my little sister's wedding which wouldn't be bad except that she has this talent for showing me up and then oh so innocently rubbing my nose in it and I have to deal with all of the relatives asking why my little sister has "beat" me to the alter, like it's a race. But by the same token stuff at work is going well, I'm over the worst of the learning curve with the experiment. I get along really well with my co-workers. My boyfriend may be a long way away but we get to talk often and we shouldn't have to go through such a long separation again in the near future. I have a group of friends here who refuse to let me mope. Even though I'm close to broke I'm managing to stay mostly in the black even on my tiny student salary. And all in all, the bad stuff is all temporary and the good stuff is more long term so how can I complain?

Mouse Posted: Wed May 3 14:46:28 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman said:
>As BNL once sang,
>"You can't live your life in the baby seat
>You've got to stand on your own
>Don't admit defeat" and I completely agree.
*tacklehug*
Hear hear.

And on a completely unrelated note, there is a bird pecking my laptop.

ifihadahif Posted: Wed May 3 16:32:28 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I answered yes.
I just turned 51 and I'm happier than I've ever been in life.
My wife and I have been married now for 1-1/2 yrs and we've been together for 3 yrs and it's still like we were teenagers. I love her so much sometimes I feel like I'm going to explode.
i can't wait to see her face every morning when I wake up and I can't wait to get home after work every afternoon to hold her and kiss her and tell her how much I love her.
I know this probably sounds kind of cheesy to a lot of you, but when you've been through two bad marriages and still manage to find this kind of love and happiness, it really means something.
It's like I won the lottery only better.
The really good part is she feels the same way, I don't know why, but I'll take it.
Now I do the dance of joy *starts dancing with cousin Balki*

addi Posted: Wed May 3 17:40:12 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  that put a smile on my face, hif : )

Good for you. The third time is a charm, eh.

*I'm happy with my life, except during those times I'm unhappy with it.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Wed May 3 19:06:13 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i put no but it's really a sorta. may boy lives over a 1,000 miles away and haven't seen him in 2 months. i'm seeing him in two weeks though which is all good. i have no friends here and lost my job.

zander83 Posted: Wed May 3 21:18:11 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  my life sucks

DanSRose Posted: Wed May 3 22:46:03 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I said no, because I am a Negative Nancy.
Still, I do like where things are heading. I think things in my life are aiming to a place, a place called Awesome.

sweet p Posted: Thu May 4 03:07:24 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  The thing with me is that I'm happy even when I'm not.
I have experienced some ultimate lows and I guess they changed me. I could try really hard to stop enjoying my life now and it just wouldn't work.

I said yes and I've attributed this to the fact that I have these really great 5 and a half senses and use of my limbs and muscles.

Beep Posted: Thu May 4 14:07:22 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I put yes. but it depends on how certain girls are treating me at that exact moment. I can't help it. i blame my genes.

Hif said:
>I just turned 51
i am slightly shocked. i thought you were a lot younger than that. strange.

Mesh Posted: Thu May 4 14:27:41 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>
>I know this probably sounds kind of cheesy to a lot of you,

Not in the slightest, hiffer. I'm quite jealous. I hope one day I can find what you have.

addi said:
>
>*I'm happy with my life, except during those times I'm unhappy with it.

:)

ifihadahif Posted: Thu May 4 14:39:49 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Beep said:
>I put yes. but it depends on how certain girls are treating me at that exact moment. I can't help it. i blame my genes.
>
>Hif said:
>>I just turned 51
>i am slightly shocked. i thought you were a lot younger than that. strange.
>
Yeah, I look a lot younger on the internet.

choke Posted: Fri May 5 14:26:59 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mr. Misses said:
>
>PS Gosh Choke, thanks for (not) asking me to Prom!

Oh I didn't see this! Well I don't know if you intended to, but I feel about a centimetre better :D

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]