Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

this is our year
Cherry_Moon Posted: Thu May 4 14:39:37 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  has anyone done a year of - anything. visiting another country, a job, etc?
anything to fondly to look upon? anything bad? i'm looking forward to a year of happiness here...

ifihadahif Posted: Thu May 4 14:57:11 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  You think too small Cherry, I'm looking forward to a happy rest-of-my-life.
:-)

jennemmer Posted: Thu May 4 15:08:43 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  For the last 5 years I have counted the years by the summer jobs I've had. They have all been very unique and have taken me to different cities to live for a few months.

Living in a place for a couple of months gives a very different impression than just visiting for a week. Usually you start out doing the touristy things but then you start to run out and end up with a much clearer idea of the local traditions and what the people living there do for fun.

I really recommend that if anyone has a chance for an exchange or if your job wants to relocate you temporarily it is well worth a shot.

(I'm not sure if this relates to the topic or not... ah well.)

Cherry_Moon Posted: Thu May 4 15:09:29 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>You think too small Cherry, I'm looking forward to a happy rest-of-my-life.

*looks hurt* ifih i'm not thinking small. some people only get a year... who knows what can happen in a year. i honestly feel i will be happy for the rest of my life- but if i am only given a year... then i will satisfied.

plus i was meaning more for travels and visiting and stuff not relationships.

*goes off to read angel sanctuary*

*mutters* why do i post.....

Cherry_Moon Posted: Thu May 4 15:13:57 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  *i will be satisfied.

i guess a similar topic that could be discussed was how you'd like to live your last year if you were given a year or less.

i know where'd be and who with no point in rehashing.

addi Posted: Thu May 4 15:22:09 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:

>plus i was meaning more for travels and visiting and stuff not relationships.

: )

Take what life gives us, Cherry...one year or a lifetime of happiness.

I just found out yesterday that we have been given a gift from American airlines to fly 1st class to anywhere on the globe they fly to. It has to be used no later than next April. So now comes the difficult (but nice) problem of deciding where to go. My problem, if you want to call it that, is having to choose, because there are way too many places I really want to see that I've never been to: Peru, Chile, Amsterdam, Italy, NZ, Africa, Russia...Sweet P's back yard

Mesh Posted: Thu May 4 15:31:30 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  You should go to Japan and meet some roricon artists and tell them I said they suck.

A year travelling in a cheap camper with a woman I love, who loves me, going hiking, climbing, kayaking, etc all over in the wilderness with her. Just me an her, away from the rest of the stupid world as much as we can possibly be. That would be nice.

And because it would be so nice, I know it will never happen. Ever.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Thu May 4 15:34:11 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>Cherry_Moon said:
>
>>plus i was meaning more for travels and visiting and stuff not relationships.
>
>: )
>
>Take what life gives us, Cherry...one year or a lifetime of happiness.

i am! i appreciate all that i have no because i have very little.

>I just found out yesterday that we have been given a gift from American airlines to fly 1st class to anywhere on the globe they fly to.

I want to go to tuscany in a couple years and just live there for a year or so. i love Italy *dreamy sigh*.

>Sweet P's back yard

addi you have perfected the creepy old man act.... like a fine red wine.... ;P

addi Posted: Thu May 4 16:49:02 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:

>addi you have perfected the creepy old man act.... like a fine red wine.... ;P

I think I'm just going to ignore that statement..joking or not.

jennemmer Posted: Thu May 4 17:01:09 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>I just found out yesterday that we have been given a gift from American airlines to fly 1st class to anywhere on the globe they fly to ... My problem, if you want to call it that, is having to choose...

That's easy, pick the one that you would be least likely to actually spend the money on (I'm thinking probably the most expensive option). Or you could do Chile and Peru on the same flight, you just might have to take a longer vacation...

Then again if you choose Amsterdam you could take a side trip and go out dancing with Christophe (though if you did that you'd have to bring a video camera along for all of our sakes ;).

addi Posted: Thu May 4 17:51:43 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  jennemmer said:

>That's easy, pick the one that you would be least likely to actually spend the money on (I'm thinking probably the most expensive option).

Good points. Although I've been acting like the choice is all up to me, and it isn't.

>Then again if you choose Amsterdam you could take a side trip and go out dancing with Christophe (though if you did that you'd have to bring a video camera along for all of our sakes ;).

: )

I seriously doubt he'd ask me to dance. He hates that big age difference thing...especially if they played a slow song while we were on the dance floor.

choke Posted: Thu May 4 18:30:13 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm not sure where Atlanta is (sorry) but Illinois to NZ is 16 hours flying. UNBEARABLE.

choke Posted: Thu May 4 18:32:54 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  And in response to the thread. My year in the US has been pretty intense. Sometimes it's made me completely miserable. But other times are just so intense I have a whole lifetime to go over them be like, wow. I did that. The good has probably lasted a smaller amount of time than the bad, but it definately outweighs it.

addi Posted: Thu May 4 18:42:59 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
>I'm not sure where Atlanta is (sorry) but Illinois to NZ is 16 hours flying. UNBEARABLE.

Yeah...the flight to Sydney was unbearable, but what are ya gonna do? It's not like I can take the train there.

When are you leaving us, Choke?

beetlebum Posted: Fri May 5 11:22:17 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I think the flight to England is unbearable, mostly because at the end of my journey, I've been travelling for eighteen hours, in and out of airports, customs, etc.

I don't know how business people do it. Unless there's something going on in first class I don't know about.

addi Posted: Fri May 5 11:46:57 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:

>I don't know how business people do it. Unless there's something going on in first class I don't know about.

Free cookies : )

ifihadahif Posted: Fri May 5 11:52:11 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>beetlebum said:
>
>>I don't know how business people do it. Unless there's something going on in first class I don't know about.
>
>Free cookies : )
>
Don't they have like a pool table and a hot tub in there ?

choke Posted: Fri May 5 14:24:22 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>choke said:
>>I'm not sure where Atlanta is (sorry) but Illinois to NZ is 16 hours flying. UNBEARABLE.
>
>Yeah...the flight to Sydney was unbearable, but what are ya gonna do? It's not like I can take the train there.
>
>When are you leaving us, Choke?

Yeah that's true. I was just like I am going to bite the person next to me. And I'm leaving June 25-6th ish.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Sun May 7 13:34:52 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i've been here a couple years now..
i'm hating it right now. but there are times that are great. i guess that's life so

Cherry_Moon Posted: Sun May 7 13:36:05 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:
>i've been here a couple years now..
>i'm hating it right now. but there are times that are great. i guess that's life so

hehe. i hate chapel hill... i want to go home

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]