Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Best Method to Lose Weight
CorDrine Posted: Fri May 19 10:52:59 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  How much do you weight?
Do you want to put on more? Or take some off?
Why?
Whats your best method of losing weight?

addi Posted: Fri May 19 11:48:01 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  185 pounds

I'm okay where I'm at, but could put on a few more pounds probably because of my height.

Playing tennis 3 times a week and lots of sex seem to help keep me from gaining too much

: )

Beep Posted: Fri May 19 12:20:33 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i don't know your american style translation, but i'm about 14 stone,97 Kg or so.
over the next couple of years i need to put on a lot more weight. and by weight i mean muscle. 'tis for the basketball.

i find the best way to lose weight is not to eat.

i am against diet, diets are bad. i think when it comes to weight problems (too much or too little) the weight is the symptom of a bigger problem, rather than a problem in itself. like self worth issues etc. I stress weight 'problems' if your'e fat and don't care then go you, there's nothing wrong with it. it's when a person dislikes themself that it's a problem.
i think when a person is fine with themself they no longer get obese. then with a bit of exercise you can be your required weight.
Studies also show that if you lose a lot of weight in a short amount of time it can be very bad for you. excess fat is a store of toxins and other nasty things, not just straight fat. so if you burn it off in a month long detox you are actually poisoning your body. That's from newscientist doncha know.

I also notice that you haven't left an option for "do you want to stay the weight you are?" heh, it seems in the society that i am in people are always bothered about change, and not about being happy with where they are.

ifihadahif Posted: Fri May 19 12:34:15 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Getting really sick usually works for me.

libra Posted: Fri May 19 13:16:51 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  121ish.

I find that portion control is the best way for me to lose weight and cutting extra sugary foods out. I don't believe in those silly diets they advertise all the time.

Mark Posted: Fri May 19 13:35:43 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm about 79 Kg. I need to get some extra weight because of my length. perfect weight would be around 85 Kg.

I drink a lot of water and almost never have a need for candy of fast food. I guess that's why I'm not a heavy weight since I do train or something.

choke Posted: Fri May 19 16:04:50 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>121ish.
>
>I find that portion control is the best way for me to lose weight and cutting extra sugary foods out. I don't believe in those silly diets they advertise all the time.
>
I'm heavier than Libra!

addi Posted: Fri May 19 16:49:52 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:

>I'm heavier than Libra!

Shocking!

: )

I'm heavier than libra too.

kurohyou Posted: Fri May 19 16:51:09 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Having my marriage fall apart in the last month and a half has been the best weight loss plan ever. I've lost 20 lbs. Have no desire to eat and none of my clothes fit now.

I've never tried to lose weight before I still have a very fast metabloism, though my older friends say mine will catch up with me.

I would like to weigh about 170 or 180 just to give me a bit more leverage as I apply for law enforcement academies...but whatever. Right now I'm still losing weight so I'll have to ramp that up a bit later.

By the way I wouldn't recommend my current weight loss style. Not healthy in any way.

Not that it matters...

kurohyou Posted: Fri May 19 16:52:41 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
>libra said:
>>121ish.
>>
>>I find that portion control is the best way for me to lose weight and cutting extra sugary foods out. I don't believe in those silly diets they advertise all the time.
>>
>I'm heavier than Libra!

I can bench press libra...And Addi too for that fact....

Not that it matters...

addi Posted: Fri May 19 16:58:18 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  kurohyou said:

>I can bench press libra...And Addi too for that fact....

I believe you...but don't try on me. I'm ticklish and afraid of heights

Beep Posted: Fri May 19 17:08:31 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Google tells me that 97 kg = 213.4 lbs.
which for someone in my height/position is pretty underweight. i aim to be 16 stone by the end of the coming season, and 18 stone by the time i try with america, if i get that far.

Posted: Fri May 19 17:09:40 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I weigh 175 lbs, and am down from 180 a few weeks ago, trying to get to 165.

It's not that I want to be that weight for health's sake, it's just that I own so many god damned suits with a size 32 waist, and it would be financial suicide for me to put any more weight on.

So, I rollerblade every morning. I get up at 5AM if I have to work at 8, and I rollerblade while the sun comes up. It's a good method.

Kira Posted: Fri May 19 17:53:56 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I lost eighteen pounds on the Kurohyou diet plan... I currently weigh 125, which is about my ideal. I work out four hours a week and am constantly moving when at work. I live almost exclusively on junk food.

Generally I've found - and I have heard of this same thing from others - if you just want to lose a few pounds, say five, and you don't want to go through the whole healthy lifestyle snorefest: pick ONE thing that you consume in excess, or the single most sugary, fattening, awful thing in your diet, and cut it out. Get rid of it. Forget it ever existed, and whenever you see it at the store, remind yourself of how much money you're saving by not buying it all the time. Vices really are expensive. Ask any ex-smoker.

ifihadahif Posted: Fri May 19 18:28:19 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  kurohyou said:
>Having my marriage fall apart in the last month and a half has been the best weight loss plan ever. I've lost 20 lbs. Have no desire to eat and none of my clothes fit now.
>
I feel your pain kurohyou, but nothing anyone can say will soothe it.
Only time can make it go away and it will, probably sooner than you think.
Just stay as busy as you can and look a pictures of Sweet P, that will help a lot.

CorDrine Posted: Sat May 20 08:25:22 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  kurohyou said:
>Having my marriage fall apart in the last month and a half has been the best weight loss plan ever. I've lost 20 lbs. Have no desire to eat and none of my clothes fit now.
>
Wow, I've been gone for a few months and things sure changed. What happen dude? Hope you're doing ok. I always imagine you to be a family guy..... hard to read what's going on in your life now.... Stay strong.

kurohyou Posted: Sat May 20 15:25:08 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>kurohyou said:
>>Having my marriage fall apart in the last month and a half has been the best weight loss plan ever. I've lost 20 lbs. Have no desire to eat and none of my clothes fit now.
>>
>I feel your pain kurohyou, but nothing anyone can say will soothe it.
>Only time can make it go away and it will, probably sooner than you think.
>Just stay as busy as you can and look a pictures of Sweet P, that will help a lot.

Thanks hif...

Right now we are in that awkward inbetween state where we're not sure where to go. I'm living out of a suitcase and sleeping on an air matress at my brothers house.

I feel completly displaced and have no home. I miss my kids terribly, even though I see them and talk to them every day there is something missing when I'm not there after I put them to bed. I put them to bed and leave. I'm not there when they have bad dreams or get sick. That's what hurts right now.

I don't know if its getting better or now. But I'm about done with this emotional rollercoaster ride.

But thanks for the support.

For what it's worth...

kurohyou Posted: Sat May 20 15:28:14 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CorDrine said:
>kurohyou said:
>>Having my marriage fall apart in the last month and a half has been the best weight loss plan ever. I've lost 20 lbs. Have no desire to eat and none of my clothes fit now.
>>
>Wow, I've been gone for a few months and things sure changed. What happen dude? Hope you're doing ok. I always imagine you to be a family guy..... hard to read what's going on in your life now.... Stay strong.

Thanks CorDrine...

A lot of things happened, more than I could put here. I guess I would call it a mixture of bad choices catching up with me, and a little bit of fate. Whether we realized it or not we were moving in this direction for a while. And as I said above, we are in the inbetween state where we're not sure where to go. We've thrown ourselves off the clif, but are hanging there. Just hanging. Not sure if we have the energy to pull ourselves back up, or whether we just need to cut the rope and fall.

I want her back. I want my family back. But I know that it can't be as it was, which is good. How it was was horribly dysfunctional. My marriage as I knew it is over. I'm just hoping that I can start over with her, and if not with her then with someone.

Thanks again...I'll keep you all informed if anyone is that terribly interested.

For what it's worth...

kurohyou Posted: Sat May 20 15:29:57 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Oh and I got on a scale this morning and I'm down to 140 lbs, probably under 140 lbs because I had my clothes on....

I was 165 lbs a month and a half ago.

Not that it matters...

Aeon Posted: Sun May 21 03:06:16 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  3 Kilotons. I mean, I know I probably could lose a few pounds but then I would have to surgically remove myself from the ugly polyester couch that I've been sitting in for years, eating potato chips and pizza. I'm not fat, I'm just big boned. Its glandular.

I weigh 170 lbs.

addi Posted: Sun May 21 08:24:21 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  kurohyou said:

>I want her back. I want my family back. But I know that it can't be as it was, which is good. How it was was horribly dysfunctional. My marriage as I knew it is over. I'm just hoping that I can start over with her, and if not with her then with someone.

Here's to fresh starts in love, Kuro. I know it's an awful fucked up time in your life, and I'm not going to say something meaningless like "hang in there". I do believe that you have some friends here though that genuinely want what's best for you to come to pass. You're part of this small community, so do keep us informed of the good, bad, and ugly. Maybe writing down your feelings here will have some small emotional healing powers for you...i don't know.
Life and love can be terribly confusing for all of us at certain points in our lives. All I can wish for you is that during the pain you find places of emotional peace and clarity, and that what is best for you in the long run transpires over the coming weeks and months.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Tue May 23 14:01:29 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  120/25 can't remember but prolly a hellava lot thinner then that.... i'm starting to see the ribs...

no. i like the weight i'm at... whatever the weight is. i'll prolly continue to lose weight if anything...

hmm. i really don't know..

i don't do the whole dieting bs. i lose weight when i lose it...

i'm getting a little to thin. but i was up to 140 at one point and i'm 5'1 so i was chubby....

now i'm slimming out...

i don't worry. weight is weight.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]