Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

How to spend some free time
CorDrine Posted: Sat May 20 08:27:06 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm changing job soon, getting out of the rat race (I hope). In between jobs, I have like 4 whole weekdays to myself. Any suggestion how to pamper myself without burning a whole in my pocket? (I'm taking a pay cut in my new job)

Cheers!

mat_j Posted: Sun May 21 14:47:15 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  some kind of 4 day drug, alcohol and kinky sex binge? Alternatively handcuff yourself to the couch, buy a miniature whiskey bottle and a four pack, swallow an old crayon and watch Fear and Loathing in las Vegas and a David Lynch film back to back and condense four days into one afternoon

Cherry_Moon Posted: Tue May 23 15:51:36 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  if you are artistically inclined then settle yourself down with a good cup of strong chai tea, watercolor/acrylic/oil paint, and a fresh stretched canvas. Or beads. or any medium.

or. if you are musical get in some quality time with your instrument of choice.

if you are more couch patato then rent several really good movies. let me suggest a few:

8 mile
The usual suspects
the memoirs of a Geisha
Tale of Two Sister
Not another scary movie I-IV
Animal House
Deep Throat

If you are into the new age-y stuff
throw a couple handsfull of fresh rosemary, lavendar, mint, and lemon balm in a really hot bath. wait until it cools abit and hop in and listen to your tunes. let me suggest:

Bright Eyes
Emiliana Torrini
The Decemeberists
The Weakerthans
any mix by chan

if you are more into outdoorsy stuff. grab a friend and take a hike through your local parks and mountain range. pack some homemade gorp/tailmix and a couple bottles of water. no cell phones, ipods, pagers, blackberries. just you and the birds and nature.

more of a hard driven person. do puzzles- crosswords, jigsaw, etc. to keep your mental edge. and sharpen your intellegence.

bookish or wanting some solitude. books are really really good friends.
into poems?

Leaves of Grass - walt whitman
The Oysterboy and other tragic tales- tim burton
Blinking with fists- billy corgan

regular books

Possible Side Effects- Augusten Burroughs
The Ender's Game- Orson Scott Card
Ishmael- Daniel Quinn
Demons and Angels - Dan Brown

Manga

Angel sanctuary
Model