Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Katrina - what wasn't reported
ifihadahif Posted: Tue May 23 15:27:48 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Media bias at it's finest:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2006/05/katrina_what_the_media_missed.html

addi Posted: Tue May 23 16:34:59 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Bully for the National Guard. They deserve every bit of recognition and praise that comes their way.

The sad thing is that they were even put into a situation where they had to save 50,000 lives..Much could have been done beforehand, and immediately before it hit (by both parties) to have made the tragedy less devastating.

ifihadahif Posted: Tue May 23 16:40:38 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>Bully for the National Guard. They deserve every bit of recognition and praise that comes their way.
>
>The sad thing is that they were even put into a situation where they had to save 50,000 lives..Much could have been done beforehand, and immediately before it hit (by both parties) to have made the tragedy less devastating.
>
Such as . . .?

ifihadahif Posted: Tue May 23 16:46:24 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>addi said:
>>Bully for the National Guard. They deserve every bit of recognition and praise that comes their way.
>>
>>The sad thing is that they were even put into a situation where they had to save 50,000 lives..Much could have been done beforehand, and immediately before it hit (by both parties) to have made the tragedy less devastating.
>>
>Such as . . .?
There was very little loss of life, and short of re-routing a hurricane, nothing could have been done to stop property damage.
No government agency could ever do what the National Guard and the Coast Guard did in this situation.

addi Posted: Tue May 23 21:43:40 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  you're correct of course...the levys were as fortified and high as they could be. The emerency plans for evacuation went flawlessly, and the needed supplies and help were there johnny on the spot. We did all we could...the total loss of life, the inhumane living situations people were living in for months afterward, and the propery damage couldn't have been any less than it was.

addi Posted: Tue May 23 22:05:20 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I suggest you read "The Final Report of the Select Bipartisan Committee to Investigate the Preparation
for and Response to Hurricane Katrina"

It's 600 pages compiled by members of both parties. I think they put in a few more hours of fact finding and analysis than you or I on what could have been done much better...and, baby, they came up with a lot of serious ineptitude and bungling.

*you really should stay away from the kool-aid

: )

ifihadahif Posted: Tue May 23 22:32:43 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Why should the feds be responsible for the levys ?
Isn't it lunacy to build a city below sea level ? Right on the coast ?

The total loss of life was probably as low as it could have been considering the scope of the disaster barring a one hundred percent evacuation.

addi Posted: Wed May 24 07:06:42 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Why should the feds be responsible for the levys ?
>Isn't it lunacy to build a city below sea level ? Right on the coast ?
>
>The total loss of life was probably as low as it could have been considering the scope of the disaster barring a one hundred percent evacuation.

Absolutely NOTHING to do with the point at hand, friend. You're sidestepping the issue (and you brought it up, not me): your "such as?" remark, referring to whether or not Katrina was handled as best as possible, both before and after it hit.

Any discussion on New Orleans right to exist given their geographic location is a separate issue. So address my post on the official report about how we handled Katrina please.

ifihadahif Posted: Wed May 24 08:30:53 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  So sorry dude, the original point of this thread was what the media did not report and what they outright lied about concerning the Katrina disaster.
You chose to change the subject as you always do because you just don't have the capacity to praise anything without also raising a complaint about it as well.
The article I posted documents pretty well the failures of the feds and the meltdown of Fema, no point in beating a dead horse.
In my opinion it also illuminates the fact that maybe the national guard is our best resource for emergency/rescue management and we don't need another bloated beaurocracy sucking much needed tax dollars away from programs that might just work. As for the levees, I just don't see that they are the responsibility of the feds. If Louisiana wants to build and strengthen those levess, then that's their baby, they can do it. It has nothing to do with their right to exist, it has everything to do with fiscal responsibility. It's not a federal problem, it's a local problem.
This is where you and I go separate ways, you think the government should be a savior and provider and I think that's impossible. I think the governments primary function should be to protect us and then leave us the hell alone.

addi Posted: Wed May 24 08:43:02 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Okay...I won't want to beat a dead horse...or an alive one either

ifihadahif said:

>This is where you and I go separate ways, you think the government should be a savior and provider and I think that's impossible.

I had no idea I felt that way, hif. Since you know what I believe better than I do I must ask what else do I believe that I'm not aware of?...and can government save my black soul too?

>I think the governments primary function should be to protect us and then leave us the hell alone.

Then the current administration must be giving you many sleepless nights.

: )

ifihadahif Posted: Wed May 24 09:45:30 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>Okay...I won't want to beat a dead horse...or an alive one either
>
>
>ifihadahif said:
>
>>This is where you and I go separate ways, you think the government should be a savior and provider and I think that's impossible.
>
>I had no idea I felt that way, hif. Since you know what I believe better than I do I must ask what else do I believe that I'm not aware of?...and can government save my black soul too?
>
Nothing on this planet can save your black evil liberal horndog soul.
You will be condemned to spend eternity with an abundance of sheep but none of them will have holes.
:-)
>
>>I think the governments primary function should be to protect us and then leave us the hell alone.
>
>Then the current administration must be giving you many sleepless nights.
>
>: )
They are far from perfect, that's for sure, but I trust them to do what they think is the right thing to do.
Now whether that is right or wrong at least they are trying. And in my own opinion, they are mostly right.
And that's way better than being mostly left (pun intended).

ifihadahif Posted: Wed May 24 11:01:53 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Let's beat the dead horse a little:

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=NTM5NDE0YzhiOTNhZTQxNzlhYTBmYTNhOWNiMDVhYTc=

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Jun 1 03:29:41 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  article

addi Posted: Thu Jun 1 08:38:27 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>article

magazine

this is a new wordgame thread, right?

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Jun 1 09:01:14 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Actually I have no idea where that came from, I didn't post it.
Must be GT gremlins or sumpin . . .

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]