Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Happy 666
zander83 Posted: Mon Jun 5 20:46:25 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  tomorrow is 06-06-06. USBets.com is offering 100000-to-1 odds that the world will end tomorrow...

Happy rapture

I like interpol this week

zander83 Posted: Mon Jun 5 20:47:31 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  betUS.com... my mistake

addi Posted: Mon Jun 5 21:08:57 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I heard some months ago on a tv show (like the history channel or something) that the numbers 666 weren't even a correct translation of the text in the book of Revelations, according to some bible scholar they were interviewing. So all these decades fundamentalists have been freaking out over the mark of the beast numbers and they weren't even the right ones. I find that somewhat humerous.

Kira Posted: Mon Jun 5 21:35:22 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hi Zander.

sweet p Posted: Mon Jun 5 23:37:30 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hey Zander

antartica Posted: Mon Jun 5 23:49:37 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  are we dead yet?

Posted: Tue Jun 6 00:13:52 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  antartica said:
>are we dead yet?

we aren't!

antartica Posted: Tue Jun 6 05:06:47 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:

>we aren't!

damn damn damn damn damn!!!

was hoping we'd all be
at least i could see if i'd get my doobie at the end of it all...

FN Posted: Tue Jun 6 06:07:11 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Why the world would end now, on 06 06 2006 and not in the year 666 or the year 06 06 1706 for all I care, I don't get it.

People are always on the lookout for something to hype it seems.

Anyway;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_the_Beast

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/666_%28number%29

addi Posted: Tue Jun 6 07:08:04 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:

>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_the_Beast

Interesting. Thanks. Seems like there's some disagreement over whether it's 666 or 616. I'm just glad it didn't translate into the letters M-A-R-K...or people here would be referring to hif and I as the "Beastie Boys".

Beep Posted: Tue Jun 6 07:16:46 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  100000-to-1 odds that the world will end? i'm intruiged as to how someone would claim their winnings if they placed some money on that...

wikipedia is great for all this sort of stuff. i always start on one page for work, see interesting links, and before i know it i've got 20 pages on my browser from greek mythology to sheep shearing..

They're re-releasing the omen today as well. the damian, mark of the devil film, you know the one i mean. it's supposed to be wank though.

p.s hey zander.

addi Posted: Tue Jun 6 07:42:15 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Beep said:

>They're re-releasing the omen today as well. the damian, mark of the devil film, you know the one i mean. it's supposed to be wank though.

It would be difficult to outdo the origonal with Gregory Peck. So often I find these newer versions of previous classics relying on special effects to mask weaker acting and plots.

Strickly personal preference I know, but I don't like these devil themed evil movies. There's enough human induced evil going on in the world these days without paying to see more of it in fiction land.

DanSRose Posted: Tue Jun 6 08:47:38 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Today is going to be A GREAT day! Better than yesterday.
I have a chocolate chip muffin! mmmmm

I guess I'll see the Omen. I loved the orignal and all the sequels. It seems to look pretty good. Liev Schreiber, Julia Stiles, Pete Postlethwaite and Mia Farrow never disappoint me.

My friend and went and made a list and determined the Damien cycle was one of the better movie series, up there with the Godfather and the Thin Man series. The Jaws and the Star Wars ones (except Empire and the New Hope) were at the bottom of our made up list.

ifihadahif Posted: Tue Jun 6 08:49:34 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>Beep said:
>
>>They're re-releasing the omen today as well. the damian, mark of the devil film, you know the one i mean. it's supposed to be wank though.
>
>
>It would be difficult to outdo the origonal with Gregory Peck. So often I find these newer versions of previous classics relying on special effects to mask weaker acting and plots.
>
>Strickly personal preference I know, but I don't like these devil themed evil movies. There's enough human induced evil going on in the world these days without paying to see more of it in fiction land.
>
Seems to me that the originals, The Omen, The Exorcist and such relied a lot on shock value since nothing like that had been seen on the screen before.
My question is why would you remake a movie that relied on shock value to begin with ?
I like devil themed movies if they're well done, but not necessarily re-done.
Even that campy Julian Sands movie Warlock was enjoyable for me.
I also enjoyed The Craft. Fairuza Balk has got to have the most evil yet sexy eyes ever ! Something about her just oozes sex and danger at the same time.

FN Posted: Tue Jun 6 09:15:05 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  For starters:

It should be noted that the number of the beast is 666, not 6606 or 060606. Furthermore, at no point in the Christian bible is any connection made between 666 and a date - particularly not a date in a calendar that was not in use at the time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_the_Beast_%28occurrence%29

a few extracs:

Former U.S. president Ronald Wilson Reagan had six letters in his first, middle, and last name. He also lived in Bel-Air California, in house number 666 on his block, until wife Nancy Reagan had it changed to 668

The numbers on a roulette table (1 to 36) sum to 666

The sum of the squares of the first seven primes is 666.

In Japan, the yen comes in coins of 1, 5, 10, 50, 100 and 500. If you have one of each coin, you have 666 yen.

In Mexico, local phone numbers were updated from an 8-digit format with variable-length area code/number combinations to a standard 12-digit fixed combination (3-digit area codes, 7-digit phone numbers except for Mexico City, Guadalajara and Monterrey.) The City of Tijuana ended up with area code 666, but after various protests from the local townspeople it was changed to 664. Ironically, because of high drug-related crime rate, the city is known as the Mexican Sin City'.

On 06/06/06 (June 6, 2006) the sun will be between the horns of Zodiac sign Taurus.

This also leads to speculations that software manufacturer Microsoft, and its founder, Bill Gates, are evil [7], as Bill Gates, evaluated in ASCII, sums up to 663, which, when added with 3 (his complete name is William Henry Gates III,) becomes 666. Counting the space as one, Windows 95 also sums to 666.

Another speculation is that computer=666. If we encode the English alphabet where every letter is a multiple of 6: a=6, b=12, c=18, ..., z=156 then we have "computer" = 666 = (3*6)+(15*6)+(13*6)+(16*6)+(21*6)+(20*6)+(5*6)+(18*6). Since "beasts" such as oxen, horses and donkeys were used as machines in ancient times, one can infer “beast” in modern times meaning "machine" or "computer". Since computers were developed by English speaking people it is plausible that the numerical decoding should be via English, such that one interprets “leading the development” as “riding the head of the beast”.

FN Posted: Tue Jun 6 09:16:47 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Also, for all you freaks out there, ask me on msn what my phone number is

I just might be the devil.

ifihadahif Posted: Tue Jun 6 10:23:11 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>I just might be the devil.
>
I think most of us already knew that.
:-)

addi Posted: Tue Jun 6 12:08:44 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:

>I just might be the devil.

Horny devil...yes, but not the real devil. He doesn't write sensitive poetry like you : )

Mesh Posted: Tue Jun 6 13:02:19 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I just murdered 666 babies in honour of this day.

And I will eat one everyday, for the next 666 days.

addi Posted: Tue Jun 6 13:10:27 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mr. Misses said:
>I just murdered 666 babies in honour of this day.
>
>And I will eat one everyday, for the next 666 days.

just a suggestion, but if you feel the need to eat you should try finding 666 woman to eat for the next 666 days. It's not illegal, it's less fattening...and Christophe informs me that they can be quite delicious.

Mesh Posted: Tue Jun 6 14:52:01 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Eating babies. Illegal? What sort of backwards universe are you in!!!

Eating babies is beautiful and natural. Murder is a celebration of life!

choke Posted: Tue Jun 6 15:21:06 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mr. Misses said:
>
>Eating babies is beautiful and natural.

LOL. I want to make that into a poster and hang it in my room.

DanSRose Posted: Tue Jun 6 19:16:20 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mr. Misses said:
>Eating babies. Illegal? What sort of backwards universe are you in!!!
>
>Eating babies is beautiful and natural. Murder is a celebration of life!

I want my baby back, baby back, baby back, baby back .... Chilli's .... baby back ribs (barbeque sauce)

Baby back ribs are the best, but remember kids, too young and the baby fat makes the meat too fatty. You want to aim for about 3 & ½ to 4 years old. That's when they start a-walkin'
mmmmmmm

Mouse Posted: Tue Jun 6 21:46:26 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>It's not illegal

That depends where you live.

misszero Posted: Wed Jun 7 03:50:13 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

> Fairuza Balk etc etc etc

i just found out she was dorothy in 'Return to Oz', perhaps the single most scary movie of my childhood. thus, fairuza balk = evil.

and choke, i would also like that as a poster. i laughed myself off the chair. tickled my funnybone etc etc etc

addi Posted: Wed Jun 7 07:09:05 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mouse said:

>That depends where you live.

True. I'll revise that statement.
It's not illegal unless you live in Iran, or North Carolina.

Ed Posted: Wed Jun 7 15:41:11 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>It's not illegal unless you live in Iran, or North Carolina.

It's too bad that you're too old. I'd be more than happy to bring you up here, bound and gagged in my trunk, to roast you over an open flame and then gnaw on your ribs.

I'm hungry...

Mesh Posted: Wed Jun 7 15:47:07 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'd like to eat Annasophia Robb, too. She looks delicious.

son-perdition Posted: Mon Apr 16 20:29:18 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  yes but 666 means the cross as explained here http://jesus-survival.com/Revelation-13-Interpreted-beast-666.htm

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]