Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

For all you studying people out there...
~Just Imagine~ Posted: Thu Jun 8 13:00:23 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I think i'm getting smarter by studying for my exams, or at least I hope to be getting smarter... I can use it bigtime.I hope there is somebody out there that is as frustrated as me when it comes to lurning, :) ,hope to meet ya ;-)
Good luck for everyone who is...

Veel chance voor de blokkerkes dus :);)

FN Posted: Thu Jun 8 13:13:49 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Students unite

Den dezen is ook zwaar aan't blokken, ennet serieus beu ant worren ook.

Maar bon de vakantie komt er aan, das ook al veel, nog een week of 2-3 misere verkopen en we zijnder vanaf

Mesh Posted: Thu Jun 8 14:35:55 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  geiteneuker

At ikke forstå en brikk. Nej Flandern!

ENGLISH!!!!!

Beep Posted: Thu Jun 8 17:51:08 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I can tell you're no good at learning. every other post of yours is random spasm :P

heh, only kidding. i just have a feeling you're talking behind my back :P

I'm not sure what good all my learning is. I'm doing philosophy, but what good is it. for most people it's just a qualification that tells them i can comprehend this level of difficult information. they don't care bull if i have an opinion on Anselms cosmological arguement. I had my exam today. 6 essays. no breaks. hot gym. dang.
thing is i actually care about philosophy as a subject. i want to do it further. and mleh. it's just mleh.

Everyone's so up for learning to get qualifications, and it's just not me. i want to learn for the rest of my life.

FN Posted: Thu Jun 8 18:00:22 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Well the thing is, I'd be all for philosophy if it wasn't about plainly studying what other people said and having to reproduce that instead of giving your own views on it, and if it was actually worth something on the job market, which here it is not, the only thing you can do after studying philosophy here is teaching it.

Beep Posted: Thu Jun 8 18:06:57 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Well the thing is, I'd be all for philosophy if it wasn't about plainly studying what other people said and having to reproduce that instead of giving your own views on it.

exactly. that's partly my point. though you have to understand what's gone before you, what they said is important. you can't expect someone to learn physics but not be allowed to cover Einstein.

I'm more up for setting up an academy, Plato/Aristotle style. hmm, watch this space.

now, where can i find myself some big greek columns....

addi Posted: Thu Jun 8 18:08:34 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>the only thing you can do after studying philosophy here is teaching it.

I was a philosophy major...it led to a lucrative career as a semi-employed cartoonist and a part time male prostitute.

Beep Posted: Thu Jun 8 18:11:48 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Jesus. in 75 years i'm going to be Addi... :| :P

FN Posted: Thu Jun 8 18:25:53 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Actually addi, how is the cartoon business going?

Also, I opted for a more business-like education, and decided that I'll do the philosophy reading and such in my own free time. With which I do not pretend that I'll be at the same level of factual knowledge about theories and philosophers, but by the time they put me to sleep I'll probably have a grasp of the major stuff in one way or another.

Also, no offence to anybody who might be touchy about this, but I don't think you can compare something like physics with philosophy.

I'm not convinced that you need to study philosophy to be able to ponder about life, morals and all which surrounds it and to be able to end up with something useful to say about it.

I mean, for example, how many people have come to the same conclusion as those drawn in "beyond good and evil" without ever having read 1 letter written by a philosopher. The ability to think stuff through and make up your own mind about ethical questions to me has little to do with how many names of philosophers or theories you can summarize. I could be wrong perhaps, but at this point in time I'm not convinced.

Especially because I know a few people who did end up studying philosophy and they have seemed to stop thinking for themselves, and instead of answering a question of their own they call in theories of other people, which to me seems to be undermining the basic idea of "philosophy" as a whole in itself.

The same can't be said for applications that need advanced physics, not in that way.

addi Posted: Thu Jun 8 19:50:36 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Actually addi, how is the cartoon business going?

It's non-exsistant now..for the first time in 25 years. Hell, even Ludwig has gone on a sabbatical.

>Also, no offence to anybody who might be touchy about this, but I don't think you can compare something like physics with philosophy.

I agree, if you're talking about future job possibilites. It all depends on the individual. Philosophy taught me to think. I know that sounds weird, but it's true. I don't remember diddley-squat about Hume, Kant, or Plato, but the skills I learned back then have stayed with me and come in handy in every job I've had...and even outside of work in daily life. I probably would still be a fundamentalist and vote republican if I hadn't gone away to college and dabbled in the father of all sciences...*shutters*
And also remember that not everyone is mentally cut out to deal with biology or physics, etc.. I am a relatively intelligent person, but I can not grasp many of the higher concepts of physics and advanced math. I have had to learn to deal with that limitation. But that's okay..not every physics genius can write or draw like me either : )

addi Posted: Thu Jun 8 19:51:07 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Beep said:
>Jesus. in 75 years i'm going to be Addi... :| :P

god forbid

Mesh Posted: Fri Jun 9 00:34:40 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Silly niggers, civil rights are for whites and hispanics.

FN Posted: Fri Jun 9 08:54:05 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mr. Misses said:
>Silly niggers, civil rights are for whites and hispanics.

I am interested in what you say and would like to subscribe to your newsletter

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Fri Jun 9 09:45:13 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I am a relatively intelligent person, but I can not grasp many of the higher concepts of physics and advanced math. I have had to learn to deal with that limitation. But that's okay..not every physics genius can write or draw like me either : )

Right back at ya! I have to deal with the same limitation, but you lurn to develope other (more fun) skills,...

addi Posted: Fri Jun 9 10:02:09 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ~Just Imagine~ said:

>Right back at ya! I have to deal with the same limitation, but you lurn to develope other (more fun) skills,...

so true. For instance I'm very good at tetherball, and I can cook up a delicious bass. I'd like to see a physics genius top that!

: )

FN Posted: Fri Jun 9 10:25:31 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ~Just Imagine~ said:
>But that's okay..not every physics genius can write or draw like me either : )

I bet some of them can

beetlebum Posted: Fri Jun 9 10:38:23 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>~Just Imagine~ said:
>
>>Right back at ya! I have to deal with the same limitation, but you lurn to develope other (more fun) skills,...
>
>
>so true. For instance I'm very good at tetherball, and I can cook up a delicious bass. I'd like to see a physics genius top that!
>
>: )

No physics genius could! (Luuuuuucky!)

addi Posted: Fri Jun 9 10:39:44 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:

>I bet some of them can

Wrong!

I heard Bill O'Reilly say on Fox News the other day that there's no way in hell any physics genius can draw as well as ~Just Imagine~

addi Posted: Fri Jun 9 10:40:42 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:

>No physics genius could! (Luuuuuucky!)

LOL!

*I've got skills, Beetlebum

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Jun 9 11:18:15 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>beetlebum said:
>
>>No physics genius could! (Luuuuuucky!)
>
>
>LOL!
>
>*I've got skills, Beetlebum
>
Heh heh heh heh . . . . .skills !

Mesh Posted: Fri Jun 9 14:02:05 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Mr. Misses said:
>>Silly niggers, civil rights are for whites and hispanics.
>
>I am interested in what you say and would like to subscribe to your newsletter

k it's €2.99 a month.

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Sun Jun 11 08:36:17 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I don't know for you guys but here in belgium, for once, the weather is perfect, it's hot and sunny, it hardly ever happens, and what do I have to do ???
Yes i have to study, it think it's rather depressing...

FN Posted: Sun Jun 11 09:45:00 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yeah no kidding.

The weather is absolutely perfect here at the moment, warm, but not over the top (although it shouldn't get much warmer or I'll start succumbing to the heat), bright sky and sunny.

And what am I doing... That's right, studying for my exam tomorrow.

addi Posted: Sun Jun 11 10:01:14 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:

>And what am I doing... That's right, studying for my exam tomorrow.

Shame on you. You should be watching Robben orange shirt beat up on Serbia right now

FN Posted: Sun Jun 11 10:28:57 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I am, but I'm studying at the same time, I just look whenever I hear the commentator starting to freak out

I'm not a football-fan at all, but I watch the world cup. Especially when our Dutch friends are playing ;o)

FN Posted: Sun Jun 11 10:29:29 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Also, does the world cup get any coverage in the US, I always heard nobody watches soccer at all there.

addi Posted: Sun Jun 11 10:50:30 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Also, does the world cup get any coverage in the US, I always heard nobody watches soccer at all there.
yup..on ESPN. I've been watching every match i can...which is bizarre because the sport bores me to death...but there's something about it being world cup that makes me get involved and excited about it...weird.
The US isn't as fanatical about it as most of the rest of the world, but it's come a LONG way in the past 2 decades in popularity.

I think the US is going to lose to the Czech team tomorrow, but I'm still going to try and listen to it when I'm at work.

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Sun Jun 11 12:44:49 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm not a big fan of football either, tennis is much more fun to watch , good that that's over, or my studying would really go waaay down further
Hell, does anyone understand maths, hate it hate it hate it :|

FN Posted: Sun Jun 11 12:51:36 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Henin is fugly.

Clijsters as well, but that doesn't change a thing about henin.

Beep Posted: Sun Jun 11 12:54:11 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i thought serbia and montenegro never really turned up. they never really had any clear chances, yet they finished 2/3 points above spain in qualifying.

I love summer. I'm about to go to the park, in a group where most people will be wearing 1/2 items of clothing. the sun is shining, i've watched football and the final of the french open. my exams are all finished and i have nothing to do until tuesday when college starts again. sigh :)

>Also, no offence to anybody who might be touchy about this, but I don't think you can compare something like physics with philosophy.

I know what you mean, however i disagree. philosophy on it's own isn't, but if you look at famous philosophers from the past they're all mathematicians, biologists, physicians.
pythagoras, aristotle, the islamic guy (i forget his name) who came up with some interesting theories on light.
philosophy for me isn't a subject i learn, it's an activity i do, it just so happens i can take a university course in it and it looks decent on my cv over here.
Also in recent decades there's been massive uprisings in subjects like 'philosophy of maths' and 'philosophy of physics'. there was a guy in May "'L Hoot" who has come up with new theories on quantum physics. the implications of which have serious effects on free will, ie we don't have any. two mathematicians (studying philosophy of maths at princeton) tried to prove him wrong. philosophy has entered new levels, it's not just discussing right and wrong any more.

FN Posted: Sun Jun 11 13:12:55 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Beep said:
>it's not just discussing right and wrong any more.

It wasn't just discussing right and wrong from the start.

And I wasn't talking about the connection between the two existing or not, but in terms of studying and understanding; you can get any normal person to quickly understand the concept behind a philosophical theory when explained by somebody who knows what he's talking about, same if not true for physics

addi Posted: Sun Jun 11 14:21:41 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Henin is fugly.
>
>Clijsters as well, but that doesn't change a thing about henin.

stinkin' Nadal and his short legs, big butt, and white capri pants. wish Federerererer would have won.

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Sun Jun 11 14:50:40 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>stinkin' Nadal and his short legs, big butt, and white capri pants. wish Federerererer would have won.

Ohhh so not true, Nadal is fantastic, i'm so glad he has won :d :p
Federer just isn't as good as nadal, he'll soon be nr 1 :p

jennemmer Posted: Sun Jun 11 16:30:14 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:

>And I wasn't talking about the connection between the two existing or not, but in terms of studying and understanding; you can get any normal person to quickly understand the concept behind a philosophical theory when explained by somebody who knows what he's talking about, same if not true for physics

I don't know. I had to sit through a half hour conversation between a philosopher and a linguist about the nature of the word "is". It was more than I could take.

addi Posted: Sun Jun 11 18:51:36 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ~Just Imagine~ said:

>Ohhh so not true, Nadal is fantastic, i'm so glad he has won :d :p
>Federer just isn't as good as nadal, he'll soon be nr 1 :p

Oh I know he's very good...I just don't like him, and it's based on nothing substantial at all. He's probably a swell guy in person. I just think he needs the Queer Eye boys to give him some fashion lessons : )

And don't count out Federer just yet. Nadal still has to prove he's better on grass and hardcourts than him.
I was hoping Blake would do better. We just don't have a top American out there any more. Roddick has suck-diddley-ucked lately.

James Posted: Sun Jun 11 20:56:26 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ~Just Imagine~ said:
>
>Hell, does anyone understand maths, hate it hate it hate it :

|Hi Imagine,

What math class(es) are you taking right now? Maybe I can help.

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Mon Jun 12 07:12:35 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:

>
>And don't count out Federer just yet. Nadal still has to prove he's better on grass and hardcourts than him.

True, :) , but I'm holding my hopes up for Nadal :)

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Mon Jun 12 07:13:59 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  James said:

>
>What math class(es) are you taking right now? Maybe I can help.

Thanks for the offer, but my exam is already done, I can only hope now :)

Euhm it was statistics and financial algebra

addi Posted: Mon Jun 12 07:27:09 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ~Just Imagine~ said:

>True, :) , but I'm holding my hopes up for Nadal :)

I think Just Imagine has a crush on Mr. Nadal : )

FN Posted: Mon Jun 12 07:38:44 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ~Just Imagine~ said:
>Euhm it was statistics and financial algebra

Wekke richting/jaar?

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Mon Jun 12 11:11:30 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:

>
>I think Just Imagine has a crush on Mr. Nadal : )
>
>

: ) , it's one big love story ;-)
But don't come telling me you've got the hots for federer ;-) (although it's not a crime ofcorse :p )

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Mon Jun 12 11:12:49 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:

>
>Wekke richting/jaar?

6e jaar, humane wetenschappen, zeer duidelijk dus , wiskunde is echt wel niets voor mij ;-) :)

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Mon Jun 12 11:22:39 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  waar (Gent?) en welke richting doet gij eigenlijk??

addi Posted: Mon Jun 12 11:25:32 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ~Just Imagine~ said:

>But don't come telling me you've got the hots for federer ;-) (although it's not a crime ofcorse :p )

only on tuesdays and thursdays.

*on M,W,F and weekends I have the hots for the female russian players

James Posted: Mon Jun 12 11:34:09 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ~Just Imagine~ said:
>James said:
>
>
>>
>>What math class(es) are you taking right now? Maybe I can help.
>
>Thanks for the offer, but my exam is already done, I can only hope now :)
>
>Euhm it was statistics and financial algebra

Many moons ago, I took Probabilities and Statistics and had so much fun with that class. You just brought back all the memories of the good old days. Everyone in my math classes hated me because I always blew the grade curves. (Yeah, I was one of those shitheads who always got all the correct answers PLUS the 5 points bonus problem. :=D )

What other math classes do you have to take? My last ones were Linear Algebra and Differential Equations. I took them together in the summer. It was so much fun.

FN Posted: Mon Jun 12 11:50:16 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ~Just Imagine~ said:
>waar (Gent?) en welke richting doet gij eigenlijk??

Zit in m'n 1e jaar hoger (ma ben dr azo ni echt happig op om veel gegevens permanent online te zetten :)

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Mon Jun 12 15:19:02 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  

james said:
>Many moons ago, I took Probabilities and Statistics and had so much fun with that class. You just brought back all the memories of the good old days. Everyone in my math classes hated me because I always blew the grade curves. (Yeah, I was one of those shitheads who always got all the correct answers PLUS the 5 points bonus problem. :=D )
>
>What other math classes do you have to take? My last ones were Linear Algebra and Differential Equations. I took them together in the summer. It was so much fun.

I can only say : *oh my god* you actually love maths...
well...you have to have people who like it but i just can imagine anyone liking it...
Here Belgium i'm in my last year of ... I guess you can call it high school, but it's not exactly the same...
So all the subjects are still obligated, and maths is just a bunch of maths together, We see parts of everything over the 6 years, there's no choosing :'( (otherwise I wouldn't be doing it ;-) )

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Mon Jun 12 15:20:55 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:

>
>only on tuesdays and thursdays.
>
>*on M,W,F and weekends I have the hots for the female russian players

Completely understandable ofcourse :D

FN Posted: Mon Jun 12 17:04:56 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Moede gij nog ni in uw beddeken ligge vr morge

choke Posted: Mon Jun 12 17:16:53 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I found a lot of people I wanted to reply to but I didn't want to have to click on and reply to every one.

So in conclusion, I would like to learn physics, how the world is and everything. (Anyone seen What the Bleep do we Know?) And I want to learn about probability too.

But everytime I try my brain leaks out my ears and any information I gather dissolves in useless sludge.

I'm reading Sophie's World at the moment. It's good. It's philosophy for people who don't know anything and don't want to commit to one teacher. If you haven't read it and you want the basics Christophe, I recommend it.

And it is sunny here too, but it is cold. Which irritates me no end. I go outside because it looks beautiful and have to come inside and put on a sweatshirt.

And I go back to winter in 2 weeks. Sigh.

FN Posted: Mon Jun 12 17:41:38 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'll read it some time, at the moment though I've just finished "the clash of civilizations and the remaking of world order" by samuel p. huntington, and just started on "guns, germs and steel: the fates of human societies" by jared diamond, and the next 2 are ordered already ("the passionate state of mind" by eric hoffer, since I absolutely loved "the true believer", the guy is a genius, plain and simple, and the other one "life at the bottom: the worldview that makes the underclass" by theodore dalrymple).

So sophie will have to take a number because there are 10 or so others that need my attention first when I've finished with those mentioned above.

I've been having a true reading frenzy lately.

choke Posted: Mon Jun 12 17:53:42 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hah. With that list I don't know if you'll want to read it. It's a very light hearted book. It's just good for people like me, who can't read good. (Hooray for Zoolander!)

addi Posted: Mon Jun 12 21:56:20 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>and just started on "guns, germs and steel: the fates of human societies" by jared diamond,

Beetlebum and I have read that book. It gets a bit dry in certain spots, but I still found it fascinating.

I'm impressed with your reading list

addi Posted: Mon Jun 12 22:00:51 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:

>Beetlebum and I have read that book.

Hmmm...we didn't read it together...in bed, feeding grapes to each other between chapter breaks or anything...just in case you thought otherwise

beetlebum Posted: Mon Jun 12 22:39:29 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Addi, why do you always have to spoil my fantasies involving books and grapes? Honestly.

Mesh Posted: Mon Jun 12 23:58:21 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mr. Misses said:
>geiteneuker
>
>At ikke forstå en brikk. Nej Flandern!
>
>
>
>ENGLISH!!!!!

FN Posted: Tue Jun 13 05:34:39 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>I'm impressed with your reading list

Meh, the thing is that I make a list of books I feel somebody should read based upon the sketchy "research" I've done about them before they get on said list, and during regular weeks (so non-exam weeks) I try to finish 1 book every week to keep things going.

I also shy away a little from fiction because I feel that's a waste of time that could have been spent actually learning something useful, that is unless I know the book will be good (lof der zotheid or praise of folly by erasmus as you might know it is one of my favourites, and I also enjoyed candide by voltaire a lot, and, ofcourse, 1984 by orwell).

The thing is that I used to read a lot but stopped doing so a year or 2 ago due to lack of time and abundance of trouble.

But since a few months stuff is balancing out a little again so I started feeling like reading again, and am at the moment totally caught up in it once more ;o)

The problem now is that I'm trying to find and buy all the books I've ever read but some of them have gone out of print, which sucks bigtime, and I've tried ordering them but I can't seem to get them anywhere anymore

Durings the holidays though I've already planned for a few days in which I'm going to do nothing but drive around to book stores all over the area to see if there are still some of my old favourites lying around ;o)

It's either that or stealing from the library

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Tue Jun 13 05:50:40 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mr. Misses said:

>>geiteneuker
>>
>>At ikke forstå en brikk. Nej Flandern!
>>
>>
>>
>>ENGLISH!!!!!

You really should learn more languages, it's good for you :p

misszero Posted: Tue Jun 13 07:46:46 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:

>I'm not convinced that you need to study philosophy to be able to ponder about life, morals and all which surrounds it and to be able to end up with something useful to say about it.

i tripped myself out when i was 12 when it dawned on me that stuff might not exist if i can't directly perceive it. then i did 2 weeks of philosophy at uni, and found out that was some guy's whole thing. then i dropped philosophy. now mostly i just, like, go to the mall and stuff. (not really, that was randomness)

also, addi, did you recently see napoleon dynamite? this may have been addressed on another thread, but twice in this thread i noticed pretty much direct quotes. coincidence? i think not...

i typed out a question to christophe here about whether guns germs and steel was good, and if i should read it, coz its in my house. then i read addi's thing, and was like 'dammit, backspace'

addi Posted: Tue Jun 13 08:07:53 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  misszero said:

> then i read addi's thing, and was like 'dammit, backspace'

Weird...I had this strange sensation the other day that someone was checking out my thing.

addi Posted: Tue Jun 13 08:09:43 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ~Just Imagine~ said:

>You really should learn more languages, it's good for you :p

I know the language of love...if that counts

addi Posted: Tue Jun 13 08:17:18 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  misszero said:

>also, addi, did you recently see napoleon dynamite? this may have been addressed on another thread, but twice in this thread i noticed pretty much direct quotes. coincidence? i think not...

such a perceptive young lady : )

Yeah...Beetlebum insisted I watch it a while ago, so when it came around to HBO I forced myself to see what all the hubbub was about. Since then I've seen it about 7 times and it still makes me laugh.
I've been working on perfecting my drawings of ligers so I can mail it to Miss Beetle. I think she'll be impressed with it, especially the whiskers above it's mouth, cuz I spent about 4 hours shading that part...then I'm going to ask her to my school dance.

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Tue Jun 13 09:08:09 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>
>I know the language of love...if that counts

Yes, but only federer and those russian girls have the profit of it so I heard :p

addi Posted: Tue Jun 13 09:33:25 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ~Just Imagine~ said:

>Yes, but only federer and those russian girls have the profit of it so I heard :p

au contraire, mon ami (i probably fucked up that spelling)

All GTers get to enjoy my extensive command in the universal language of love!

*i just realized I've been posting back to you and I don't have a clue who you are. We need to know more about you : )

beetlebum Posted: Tue Jun 13 09:44:24 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:

>Yeah...Beetlebum insisted I watch it a while ago, so when it came around to HBO I forced myself to see what all the hubbub was about. Since then I've seen it about 7 times and it still makes me laugh.
>I've been working on perfecting my drawings of ligers so I can mail it to Miss Beetle. I think she'll be impressed with it, especially the whiskers above it's mouth, cuz I spent about 4 hours shading that part...then I'm going to ask her to my school dance.

YES. I love ligers. If you do that, I'll tame a wild honeymoon stallion for you. It'd be killer.

beetlebum Posted: Tue Jun 13 09:45:31 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  http://www.collegehumor.com/news/2005-01-20.napoleon.php

addi Posted: Tue Jun 13 10:40:08 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:

>YES. I love ligers.

Flippin SWEET!

do you love ligers as much as technology?

We met in a chat room
Where love can fully bloom
Sure the World Wide Web is great
But you, you make me "sal-va-vate"

Yes I love technology
But not as much as you, you see
But I still love technology
Always and forever

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Tue Jun 13 11:25:01 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>
>au contraire, mon ami (i probably fucked up that spelling)
>

well a little bit ;-) it's ami + e because i'm a female (There that's one thing you know about me now :), wich you probably already knew )

>All GTers get to enjoy my extensive command in the universal language of love!
>
that's just sweet
>
>
>*i just realized I've been posting back to you and I don't have a clue who you are. We need to know more about you : )

Yes for all you know i can be a 78 year old man that lives in bulgary, and has the hots for Nadal..
;)

sweet p Posted: Tue Jun 13 12:25:56 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  you guys are reTARDED

addi Posted: Tue Jun 13 12:38:10 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sweet P said:
>you guys are reTARDED

Here's the dealio...can I mail you a brochere on this new product I'm selling on the side? It's a Bust Enhancer...not that you need it or anything

addi Posted: Tue Jun 13 12:47:28 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ~Just Imagine~ said:

>well a little bit ;-) it's ami + e because i'm a female (There that's one thing you know about me now :), wich you probably already knew )

actually I wasn't sure. I thought you were, but I've messed up before assuming a gender with other newbies here (ask choke)

>Yes for all you know i can be a 78 year old man that lives in bulgary, and has the hots for Nadal..
>;)

Amazing...you just described hif!

Hmmm...I just put my hand on my crystal balls and I'm slowly getting a vision....clearer...clearer....I see a young woman...high schoolish age...long brown hair...one brother and no sisters...living in a moderate single family house...somewhere around the Phlegmish...I mean Flemish area of europe...and you are feeling much stress in your life, knowing that Wolffie and Christophe live too close to you for comfort.

Yeah...I'm sure that's correct : )

sweet p Posted: Tue Jun 13 14:05:30 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>new product I'm selling on the side? It's a Bust Enhancer...not that you need it or anything

GRROSS

Mesh Posted: Tue Jun 13 14:58:08 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sweet P said:
>
>GRROSS

¡Cállate!

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Tue Jun 13 15:26:54 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>
>

>Hmmm...I just put my hand on my crystal balls and I'm slowly getting a vision....clearer...clearer....I see a young woman...high schoolish age...long brown hair...one brother and no sisters...living in a moderate single family house...somewhere around the Phlegmish...I mean Flemish area of europe...and you are feeling much stress in your life, knowing that Wolffie and Christophe live too close to you for comfort.
>
>Yeah...I'm sure that's correct : )
>

You should be a fortune teller !! :) , the thing wrong is that i do have a sister and no brothers...;-)
And the fact that christophe is close does scare the hell out of me ;)

By the way I checked your cartoon site --> amazing, they're really great, I like them alot (especially the one's with the cats :d)
Oh...you did forget to mention that I am an extreme form of a catlover* ;-)

(* in case you're getting the wrong idea by this, it's not as extreme as what you where initiatively thinking :p )

addi Posted: Tue Jun 13 16:03:04 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ~Just Imagine~ said:

>You should be a fortune teller !! :) , the thing wrong is that i do have a sister and no brothers...;-

Hmmm..once again my balls have let me down. Does your sister look anything like a guy at all?

>And the fact that christophe is close does scare the hell out of me ;)

Lock your windows at night, sleep with pepper spray under your pillow, and just to be on the safe side wear a chastity belt.

>By the way I checked your cartoon site --> amazing, they're really great, I like them alot (especially the one's with the cats :d)

Thank you kindly.

>(* in case you're getting the wrong idea by this, it's not as extreme as what you where initiatively thinking :p )

It's good you said this. Apparantly I'm always getting the wrong idea from women.

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Tue Jun 13 16:10:51 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:

>
>Hmmm..once again my balls have let me down. Does your sister look anything like a guy at all?

That's just sad for you, those balls who keep letting you down... They can chunk your whole cariere down the drain if you don't watch it...so go out on the street, talk to a passenger and ask the way to the closest ball shop, get some new balls, they'll do you good ;) :)
>
>
>It's good you said this. Apparantly I'm always getting the wrong idea from women.

it's not you, it's your balls : )

FN Posted: Tue Jun 13 16:25:08 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>and just to be on the safe side wear a chastity belt.

That would only turn me on

addi Posted: Tue Jun 13 16:31:42 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ~Just Imagine~ said:

>That's just sad for you, those balls who keep letting you down... They can chunk your whole cariere down the drain if you don't watch it...so go out on the street, talk to a passenger and ask the way to the closest ball shop, get some new balls, they'll do you good ;) :)

LOL!

We don't have Ball Shops in america anymore. We used to, but the conservatives shut them down..said they were the work of the devil : (
Perhaps Crim will lend me his. I don't think he uses them anymore.

>it's not you, it's your balls : )

I hope you're referring to my crystal balls...and not my "boys". The only time they've ever let me down is that one time at band camp when a baseball was thrown at my groin...and I don't want to talk about that tragic day.

addi Posted: Tue Jun 13 16:34:55 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:

>That would only turn me on

LOL!
Admit it..everything turns you on.

FN Posted: Tue Jun 13 16:59:55 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>Christophe said:
>
>
>>That would only turn me on
>
>LOL!
>Admit it..everything turns you on.

Yes, but nothing turns me on like a challenge

I think getting a chastity belt off would be something like the bliss of after-arguement-sex, the kind when there is still some agression about the verbal fight left in both parties

addi Posted: Tue Jun 13 17:40:23 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:

>Yes, but nothing turns me on like a challenge

Aha! The key to keep you away if you're a woman then is to appear to be "easy" pickings to you.

*Many people have told me I'm a challenge. I hope that doesn't turn you on.

FN Posted: Tue Jun 13 18:13:03 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>Aha! The key to keep you away if you're a woman then is to appear to be "easy" pickings to you.

Actually... yeah.

I'm so scared of having my penis rot off that I'm turned off by promiscuous women. I'm serious

beetlebum Posted: Tue Jun 13 21:22:06 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:

"rot off"

i think i vomitted a little in my mouth. :(

addi Posted: Tue Jun 13 21:36:21 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:
>Christophe said:
>
>"rot off"
>
>i think i vomitted a little in my mouth. :(

he could always super glue it back on

FN Posted: Wed Jun 14 04:11:49 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  What did the leper say to the whore?

Keep the change

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Wed Jun 14 06:14:29 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>What did the leper say to the whore?
>
>
>Keep the change

Now... are you saying that you can't glue it back on, because you left it somewhere...

I'm opening my window, unlocking the door, i'll trow away my pepperspray and i'll unlock my chastity belt...
no more fears :) Feel alot safer already

addi Posted: Wed Jun 14 07:19:23 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ~Just Imagine~ said:

>I'm opening my window, unlocking the door, i'll trow away my pepperspray and i'll unlock my chastity belt...
>no more fears :) Feel alot safer already

All you really need to do is tape a sign to your bedroon door that reads

"Caution: I'm Easy and Sleezy!"

that will do the trick
(although you may have some explaining to do to your parents)

FN Posted: Wed Jun 14 08:11:48 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  And to be on the safe side you might even make it

"Caution: easy, sleazy and an ass like 2 fighting hogs in a sack."

choke Posted: Thu Jun 15 23:30:27 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I don't feel well at heart.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]