Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

North, South, East and West
addi Posted: Tue Jun 20 08:22:59 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  and other random directions...

The politics of silence thread is maxed out. thanks for the input people..especially Christophe..I definately learned something.

Caught a rotten bug over the weekend. I feel like crap, and look worse than I feel.

Narrowing down my choices of where to head with those free airline tickets I mentioned a while back. Looks like it's Amsterdam, India, or Japan (hoping for Amsterdam myself)

I've been trying to put up a new avatar pic. It's an animated gif file, but my photo site (picturetrail)loads it and then it doesn't show up anywhere in the album I load it in. anyone that has instructions on pulling this off I'd appreciate it.

Hif must be on vacation

beetlebum Posted: Tue Jun 20 08:28:46 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  He's around, I think.
When are you going? Because if you are going over the summer, India is sweltering and would be uncomfortable if you're looking for a relaxing time. However, India is certainly where you would get the most bang for your buck so you could travel luxuriously for very reasonable prices. (I have friends who have gone there and lived on 6 dollars a day, accomodation included.)

Amsterdam is great and the Van Gogh museum makes it worth it even if there were nothing else.

And Japan- well,I haven't been there, but it sounds as though it would be wicked.

addi Posted: Tue Jun 20 08:40:18 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:
>He's around, I think.

that surprises me. I would have thought he would have something to say on the EU immigration thread. weird.

>When are you going?

sometime in October most likely.

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Tue Jun 20 09:44:24 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Oh dear, Amsterdam's so damn close :)

No I really recomend it, it's a lovely city, been their twice and still like it :)

FN Posted: Tue Jun 20 09:45:37 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  If it wasn't so hot I'd say india for the culture shock, I know people who've been there and loved it.

I say pick either japan or amsterdam depending on how you get the most money value out of the free tickets ;o)

jennemmer Posted: Tue Jun 20 09:56:01 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I've sat in on a conversation between people from Calcutta and Tokyo. It desended into a "my city is so crowded that..." coversation. It was pretty funny.

I learned that:
- to get on a subway in Tokyo it is best to get on backwards - there is more pushing area if you use you back than your hands, you are less likely to put your hands somewhere (if you are male), and that that way you don't have to see the faces of the people you are compressing even further.
-Do not rent a car in Calcutta. Don't stand and wait for the cars to stop before crossing the street. If you do either one you won't get more that 15 feet out of the airport in any less than an hour.

jennemmer Posted: Tue Jun 20 09:58:30 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  jennemmer said:

>your hands somewhere (if you are male)

I had a proper sentance there at one point I swear ;)

The comment actually was that you are less likely to accidentaly put your hands somewhere offensive if there are many women on the car.

DanSRose Posted: Tue Jun 20 10:09:08 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  If you are thinking about India and are tall, pale, blonde, or any combination, you should know people will touch you and your hair. My friend is all 3 (she's of mostly French descent) and the locals randomly touched her hair and her skin because they never saw anything like it before. When she got back, I told her she should have cut some off and either sold it or gave it as a gift (which she did, to some little girl; she's nice like that).

Amsterdam is a rocking city.

I will be in Jerusalem (amongst other Israeli places, including the middle of nowhere) for most this summer

FN Posted: Tue Jun 20 10:16:13 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Me, I don't like amsterdam

It has lost a lot of its former glory and more often than not looks more like an open sewer than a former hotbed of culture, like most big cities lately. I wonder why

addi Posted: Tue Jun 20 10:39:53 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Me, I don't like amsterdam
>
>It has lost a lot of its former glory and more often than not looks more like an open sewer than a former hotbed of culture, like most big cities lately. I wonder why

Now you'd got me wondering about going there.
I'm sure India would be interesting (I'm tall and brown haired), but..this is going to make you want to slap me...I'm actually concerned about what I'd eat there. I'm so damn picky. Stupid reason not to visit someplace I know.
Japan is too dang western pop culture and crowded for my tastes...and probably more expensive to boot.

If I end up in Amsterdam I'll let you guys know. I have no idea what your schedules are then, how much of a hassle it is to get there, or even if you'd want to meet someone that could pass as your father, but I think it would be a hoot to meet ya'll, have a beer, and say disparaging things about yanks and other ethnic groups : )

FN Posted: Tue Jun 20 11:06:58 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Well, I'm thinking you'll like amsterdam anyway, it's just that you see a lot of really weird people running around and less amsterdammers than "put immigrant ethnicity here".

But I know how you feel about mixing cultures and the good that it brings so perhaps it won't bother you ;o)

As for the dutch people, I find them to usually be very friendly when they're on their own turf.

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Tue Jun 20 11:19:00 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Well, I'm thinking you'll like amsterdam anyway, it's just that you see a lot of really weird people running around

That's a fact, when I was there for a couple of days with school, we saw a naked guy rollerblading down the streets,while he was whistling a happy tune,..., and alot more of these other undiscribable events... :)

FN Posted: Tue Jun 20 11:25:47 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yeah, and people that look like they were teleported in from the days that it was cool to put closing pins through your ear.

addi Posted: Tue Jun 20 13:21:02 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  LOL!

Thanks for the warnings!

"I see naked men rollerblading."

Mark Posted: Tue Jun 20 14:59:08 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>Narrowing down my choices of where to head with those free airline tickets I mentioned a while back. Looks like it's Amsterdam, India, or Japan (hoping for Amsterdam myself)

If you go for amsterdam, tell me. I'll show you a few pubs, some nice culture, beer (again some pubs that is lol), etc, etc. oh and the vondelpark... the most relaxing place on earth or at least amsterdam.

But if that scares you, let me at least deal with those prejudices. Ironicaly I visited a few people from Finland today who were staying in amsterdam. They to had those prejudices. but please believe me when I say that we don't all smoke or even carry grass / weet / whatever. We don't all like to run around naked in public (private situations are a whole other matter ;) we don't all wear wooden shoes. etc etc etc lol. The way some people think about my little country.

Want to visit the red light district? :p

Mesh Posted: Tue Jun 20 15:00:27 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Japan! And bring me back some little lolitas!

I mean, bring me back some sushi!

FN Posted: Tue Jun 20 15:22:52 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Wolffie said:
>Want to visit the red light district? :p

It just isn't as much fun when it's legal

sweet p Posted: Tue Jun 20 15:50:32 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi, picturetrail doesn't support gif files. you need to use a different image hosting site to upload the file.

http://photobucket.com/
photobucket is free. and there are many others.

Mesh Posted: Tue Jun 20 15:53:45 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi, try http://www.imageshack.us/

That's the one I used to host the evil clown .gif that everyone was so frightened of.

addi Posted: Tue Jun 20 16:08:24 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sweet P said:
>addi, picturetrail doesn't support gif files. you need to use a different image hosting site to upload the file.
>
>http://photobucket.com/
>photobucket is free. and there are many others.

P and mesh

Thank you both very much. I was wondering if anyone would help me with that question. I'll give it a try. P you are truely sweet,and Mesh you are truely meshie

Mesh Posted: Tue Jun 20 16:11:39 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mr. Misses said:
>Japan! And bring me back some little lolitas!
>
>
>I mean, bring me back some sushi!

Repeated for emphasis.

addi Posted: Tue Jun 20 16:30:08 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Wolffie said:

>If you go for amsterdam, tell me.

Wolffie. Dang I totally forgot about you. Post more dammit! Of course I'd let you know.

>but please believe me when I say that we don't all smoke or even carry grass / weet / whatever. We don't all like to run around naked in public (private situations are a whole other matter ;) we don't all wear wooden shoes. etc etc etc lol.

well geez, that's a dissapointment to hear. I might as well go to Canada then
: )

>Want to visit the red light district? :p

Yes I do. I'm bringing some of those little Christian cartoon booklets to pass out there on street corners, hoping to get patrons of those houses of ill repute to see the light and save some souls.

But after I do that for 5 minutes my conscience would be clear so I'd most likely head to a coffee house, get stoned, and talk any of you with me into finding Xena the Warrior Princess at the Sex Emporium.

addi Posted: Tue Jun 20 16:35:23 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mr. Misses said:
>Mr. Misses said:
>>Japan! And bring me back some little lolitas!

If thet fit into my overhead baggage okay..but you'd have to pay for the fed-ex shipping from atlanta to...to..where ever you reside these days

>>I mean, bring me back some sushi!

I don't eat raw fish wrapped in seaweed. I read a study recently that links eating sushi with stunted penis growth in japanese males. No thank you.

: )

mat_j Posted: Tue Jun 20 17:54:18 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Come to Cardiff for a pint, I'll re-show you all the sites, then we can get wasted in my favourite bars, then eat at the charleston late night steak house. Then after we've slept off our hangovers you can see the castle or something.

;)

Mesh Posted: Tue Jun 20 18:00:42 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Lolitas will fit anywhere you tell them to. Afterall, you paid the 28 yen for them.

addi Posted: Tue Jun 20 20:25:02 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>Come to Cardiff for a pint, I'll re-show you all the sites, then we can get wasted in my favourite bars, then eat at the charleston late night steak house. Then after we've slept off our hangovers you can see the castle or something.
>
>;)

lol...or something

I spent a week in that beautiful city (and country) back in the days of yore. I would love to come back, swallow some brews *Brilliant!*,down a steak, and chill with you and the boys, but I promised to bring back mesh a lolita. Does Wales have any lolitas?

Mesh Posted: Tue Jun 20 20:50:58 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Welsh lolitas are fine, ol' chap. Though I'd prefer a japanese one, any will do. Beggers can't be choosers, afterall.

James Posted: Tue Jun 20 22:19:49 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>
>The politics of silence thread is maxed out. thanks for the input people..especially Christophe..I definately learned something.
>

Sir addi,

Well, I still wanted to discuss/reply to some of the questions Christophe addressed, but didn't have the time yesterday. That topic is locked now, or what?

James

James Posted: Tue Jun 20 22:23:49 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>
>Narrowing down my choices of where to head with those free airline tickets I mentioned a while back. Looks like it's Amsterdam, India, or Japan (hoping for Amsterdam myself)
>

Amsterdam, Sir addi, Amsterdam.

Not wild about Japan. I'd love to go to India, but not in the summer.

James

choke Posted: Tue Jun 20 22:24:03 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
and talk any of you with me into finding Xena the Warrior Princess

Ahh! She's a NZer!

addi Posted: Wed Jun 21 06:36:11 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  James said:

>Sir addi,
>
>Well, I still wanted to discuss/reply to some of the questions Christophe addressed, but didn't have the time yesterday. That topic is locked now, or what?

JQ (the webmaster) has a limit of 150 posts per thread. When a thread reaches that point we can't add anymore on that particular thread. So all you need to do is create a new thread, give it a title (politics of silence II, for example) and have at it.

I'm sure Christophe would love to discuss this topic more : )

Mark Posted: Wed Jun 21 10:39:03 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>Wolffie said:
>
>>If you go for amsterdam, tell me.
>
>Wolffie. Dang I totally forgot about you. Post more dammit!

I will as soon as I finish all my work. two projects have been done, only one left. After that I think I will find some time to post. Will tell you all what I been doing last six months :)

greetz,
Wolffie

erikagm Posted: Thu Jun 22 00:16:20 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>I've been trying to put up a new avatar pic. It's an animated gif file, but my photo site (picturetrail)loads it and then it doesn't show up anywhere in the album I load it in. anyone that has instructions on pulling this off I'd appreciate it.

Addi, if you find it's too much hassle to open up one of those sites, please let me know and I can upload your .gif to my webpage and you can link to it then :)

Mesh Posted: Thu Jun 22 00:17:41 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I love you erika. Don't you ever forget it.

Give me a hug.

erikagm Posted: Thu Jun 22 00:19:27 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mr. Misses said:
>I love you erika. Don't you ever forget it.
>
>
>Give me a hug.

*hugs*

addi Posted: Thu Jun 22 06:31:50 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  erikagm said:

>Addi, if you find it's too much hassle to open up one of those sites, please let me know and I can upload your .gif to my webpage and you can link to it then :)

Thanks, erika. I'll use it as a backup if needed. I've just been too sick/busy to sign in to photobucket yet. I'll try today.

addi Posted: Fri Jun 23 10:42:33 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Just heard from hif. The following is part of the email he sent me:

I don't have a lot of time, I'm sitting a rehab facility at the moment.
I was in a car wreck two weeks ago that broke my femur in three places and shattered my hip.
Haven't had any internet access since then and probably won't for another week or two til I get home.
I'm doing ok thanks to chemical therapies and my prognosis is good, I expect a full recovery in bout 4 months or so, but for now it's pretty stressfull on all involved.
I had a head on collision with a drunk that was in my lane on the way to work. He fled the scene,but they caught him.

I know that he would want his friends here to know why he hasn't been around lately to call me a liberal sheep fucker...or to beg to paint some plinkers toenails : )
I'm sure he'd accept prayers, or for us heathens, some positive vibes being sent his way as he continues therapy and dealing with a high amount of pain.

Mesh Posted: Fri Jun 23 12:41:11 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  :( Poor hif. I hope he's able to make a full recovery.

FN Posted: Fri Jun 23 13:18:40 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Well, if you get back to him, tell him I wish him health and hot nurses

addi Posted: Fri Jun 23 14:09:05 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Well, if you get back to him, tell him I wish him health and hot nurses

will do...but I don't think a hot nurse is exactly what the doc ordered for his hip right now. : )

can't resist a short lecture here...

I have absolutely nothing against drinking. It's fun and even healthy in moderation, but these asshats that get pissed out of there minds and then choose to get behind a wheel really tick me off. They not only endanger their own lives, but put responsible innocent people in danger. Hif shouldn't have to go through this kind of hell because of someone else's ignorance. So drink people, but if you go over your limit PLEASE don't try to drive.

okay..done

Mesh Posted: Fri Jun 23 15:31:30 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>
>I have absolutely nothing against drinking. It's fun and even healthy in moderation, but these asshats that get pissed out of there minds and then choose to get behind a wheel really tick me off. They not only endanger their own lives, but put responsible innocent people in danger. Hif shouldn't have to go through this kind of hell because of someone else's ignorance. So drink people, but if you go over your limit PLEASE don't try to drive.

I echo that sentiment exactly. Take a fucking bus, cab, or have a designated driver. If none of those are options for you, then get fucking drunk at home and stay there until you're sober.

It especially angers/saddens me to hear about young adults and children having their lives cut tragically short because some bastard wanted to drive while intoxicated.
>
>okay..done
>

Me too.

Mesh Posted: Fri Jun 23 15:52:02 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yeah, tell if you get back at him tell him I send my best wishes his way and hope the morphine high is super nice.

addi Posted: Fri Jun 23 16:28:26 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mr. Misses said:
>Yeah, tell if you get back at him tell him I send my best wishes his way and hope the morphine high is super nice.

will do. meshie

beetlebum Posted: Fri Jun 23 17:23:59 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CRAP.

I feel terrible; I just thought he was taking a break.

Glad you checked on him, Addi. I'll be thinking of him!

Mouse Posted: Sat Jun 24 00:18:19 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mr. Misses said:
>Japan! And bring me back some little lolitas!
>
>I mean, bring me back some sushi!

Ditto, on both counts.

And many hugs to hif, get better and get back here.

Mesh Posted: Sat Jun 24 05:54:12 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  You like Lolitas too!!?!?!!?!?!?!?!??! I love lolitas!

I mean

I love sushi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

addi Posted: Tue Jun 27 12:46:13 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  www.
(Wimbledon, World Cup, Work)

aaaagh! Too many w's in my life today

addi Posted: Sat Jul 1 07:25:41 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  TFM's

WASHINGTON, May 11 - President Bush appears to be losing support among a
key group of voters who had hitherto stood firmly with the president
even as his poll numbers among other groups fell dramatically.

A new Gallup poll shows that, for the first time, Bush's approval rating
has fallen below 50% among total fucking morons, and now stands at 44%.
This represents a dramatic drop compared to a poll taken just last
December, when 62% of total fucking morons expressed support for the
president and his policies.

The current poll, conducted by phone with 1,409 total fucking morons
between May 4 and May 8, reveals that only 44% of those polled believe
the president is doing a good job, while 27% believe he is doing a poor
job and 29% don't understand the question.

The December poll, conducted by phone with 1,530 total fucking morons,
showed 62% approved of the president, 7% disapproved and 31% didn't
understand the question.

Faltering approval ratings for the president among a group once thought
to be a reliable source of loyal support gives Republicans one more
reason to be nervous about the upcoming mid-term elections. "If we can't
depend on the support of total fucking morons," says Sen. Rick Santorum
(R-PA), "then we've got a big problem. They're a key factor in our
electoral strategy, and an important part of today's Republican
coalition."

"We've taken the total fucking moron vote for granted," says Rep. Tom
Feeney (R-FL), "and now we're paying for it. We've let the Democrats
control the debate lately, and they've dragged discourse back into the
realm of complex, nuanced issues. So your average total fucking moron
turns on his TV and sees his Republican Congressman arguing about
Constitutional law or the complexities of state formation in the Middle
East, and he tunes out. He wants to hear comforting, pandering,
flattering bromides and he doesn't want to hear a logical argument more
complex than what you'd find on a bumper sticker."

For Feeney, the poll is a dire warning that Republicans can ignore only
at their peril. "This should send a signal that we have to regain
control of the debate if we want the support of our key constituencies
in the coming election and beyond. We need to bring public discourse
back into the realm of stupidity and vacuity. We should be talking about
homosexual illegal immigrants burning flags. We should be talking about
the power of pride. We should be talking about freedom fries. These are
the issues that resonate with total fucking morons."

But some total fucking morons say it's too late. Bill Snarpel of Enid,
Oklahoma is a total fucking moron who voted for Bush in both 2000 and
2004. But he says he won't be voting for Bush in 2008. "I don't like it
that he was going to sell our ports to the Arabs. If the Arabs own the
ports then that means they'll let all the Arabs in and then we'll all be
riding camels and wearing towels on our heads. I don't want my children
singing the Star Spangled Banner in Muslim."

Total fucking moron Kurt Meyer of Turlock, California also says his once
solid support for Bush has collapsed. "He invaded Iraq and all those
soldiers died, and for what? We destroyed all their WMDs, but now their
new president is making fun of us and saying he's going to build nuclear
bombs and that we can't stop him. Well, nuclear bombs are even worse
than WMDs, so what did we accomplish?"

Laura McDonald, a total fucking moron from Chandler, Arizona, says she
is disappointed that the president hasn't been a more forceful advocate
of Christian values. "This country was founded on Christian values," she
says, "but you'd never know it looking around and seeing all the
Mexicans running around. I thought Bush was going to bring Jesus back
into the government. Instead, Christians are being persecuted worse than
ever before in history, because all these Mexicans come here and tell
Christians that we have to respect their religious beliefs. So now it's
illegal for children to pray in school. Soon it will be illegal for them
to speak English."

Not all total fucking morons have turned their backs on the president.
Jeb Larkin of Topeka, Kansas says he still fully supports Bush. "He is
doing a great job. He is a great president. He is a great decider. I
have a puppy. His tail sticks straight up and you can see his butthole."

And not all Republican lawmakers are concerned about the poll. Sen.
Lamar Alexander (R-TN), for one, does not find it a cause for anxiety.
While he agrees that his party should not take total fucking morons for
granted, they "really don't have anywhere else to go. They're never
going to be able to understand someone like Al Gore or John Kerry or
anybody intelligent and articulate who wants to talk about substantive
issues. Just try having a conversation with one of them about global
warming. They'll say, 'Oh, but Rush says volcanoes consume more ozone
than humans do.' I mean, they're morons! Total fucking morons!"

"They've got nowhere else to go," Alexander reaffirms with a smile, "and
they always vote."

Mouse Posted: Mon Jul 3 02:07:48 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>TFM's
>
>
>WASHINGTON, May 11 - President Bush appears to be losing support among a
>key group of voters who had hitherto stood firmly with the president
>even as his poll numbers among other groups fell dramatically.

Hehe, it's funny cause it's mean.

Mesh Posted: Mon Jul 3 02:30:35 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>TFM's
>
>
>WASHINGTON, May 11 - President Bush appears to be losing support among a
>key group of voters who had hitherto stood firmly with the president
>even as his poll numbers among other groups fell dramatically.
>
>

That's communist talk, Mister. I am reporting you to the authorities. Expect a nice blasting with a firehose and a bite from a german shephard anytime now.

Oh, and they like to assasinate people, too. Just ask Malcom X or MLK.

That's not a threat, Mr. I believe in the rule of law an equality for all and freedom. That's a promise. The government doesn't like people who think.

Mesh Posted: Mon Jul 3 02:41:07 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm kidding of course. Or am I? Am I really an undercover agent for some undisclosed department of the government? No one knows, except for me, and those that employ me. Supposedly.

Don't be surprised if black SUVs start trailing you around everywhere.

We're watching. We're always watching. And we're taking notes. Sure, sometimes we might be doing crossword puzzles or jumble-word puzzles, or just doodling, but sometimes.....sometimes, we really are taking notes. And we're dangerous. Ever heard of Johnathan Edwards Beckelhimer? Of course you haven't, because we eliminated him before he could expose us and our plans.

Beware. Be-very-aware.

Mesh Posted: Mon Jul 3 03:02:30 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I have no idea what I just typed. Perhaps I will in the morn'.

addi Posted: Mon Jul 3 07:09:55 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mr. Misses said:

>Don't be surprised if black SUVs start trailing you around everywhere.

lately there's been a stray neighborhood cat trailing me everywhere. Perhaps he's working for the CIA.

This part made me laugh:

"Not all total fucking morons have turned their backs on the president.
Jeb Larkin of Topeka, Kansas says he still fully supports Bush. "He is
doing a great job. He is a great president. He is a great decider. I
have a puppy. His tail sticks straight up and you can see his butthole."

The sobering thing to me is that it's way too close to being the truth...one of those fictional pieces made for a laugh that comes uncomfortably close to non-fiction.

*need hif back to get a good tit-for-tat discussion going. The poor guy.

addi Posted: Mon Jul 3 08:31:06 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Lots of fireworks going off in the neighborhood last night.

Do you people still buy and light off fireworks for special occasions?

Mesh Posted: Mon Jul 3 15:01:33 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mr. Misses said:
>addi said:
>>TFM's
>>
>>
>>WASHINGTON, May 11 - President Bush appears to be losing support among a
>>key group of voters who had hitherto stood firmly with the president
>>even as his poll numbers among other groups fell dramatically.
>>
>>
>
>
>That's communist talk, Mister, etc.
>
>

Mr. Misses said:
>I'm kidding of course, etc.
>
>
>

Hmmm yes, well, interesting.

sweet p Posted: Mon Jul 3 16:01:36 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>Do you people still buy and light off fireworks for special occasions?

we did for victoria's day but not yesterday for canada day.

at my house we leave the christmas lights up all year and we light them on "special occasions" be it birthdays, holidays, or just happy days.

addi Posted: Thu Jul 20 09:04:28 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  http://sabbah.biz/mt/archives/2006/07/17/photo-of-the-day-israeli-kids-sends-gifts-of-love-to-arab-kids/

I can't even find the words for this

: (

addi Posted: Thu Jul 20 09:18:45 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Disclaimer to the above link:

I completely understand the horrible things some muslim extremists are teaching their children. That also disgusts me.

I just find it so sad to see children, of any nationality or religion, being encouraged to do something like this.

addi Posted: Thu Jul 20 12:08:03 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  and now for something a little lighter

http://media.putfile.com/Familyguy59

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]