Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

life or debt
sweet p Posted: Sat Jul 1 01:21:39 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  how did you interpret the meaning of "debt" in the poll question and why would you say yes or no? [i am more interested in those who said no but everyone can answer].

Mesh Posted: Sat Jul 1 04:37:26 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  By debt, I took it to mean suffering in your next life for any pain or wrongdoing you've caused to other living things in this life.

And I answered yes, I would have some huge debts to pay. I've been a pretty cruel and sadistic person at times, and have done some bad things. I can't imagine if reincarnation existed that I would be anything more than a cockroach in the next life.

addi Posted: Sat Jul 1 06:50:16 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I took it the same way as mesh.

I've done some things that would come back to bite me as well. I'm guessing I'd come back in my next life as a slightly lesser life form as punishment...perhaps as a republican.

: )

Mesh Posted: Sat Jul 1 21:24:08 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Addi, is that your cat? And was that your fireplace?

Or are they just cool .gifs you've found?

Either way, your last two avatars have been most excellent.

Beep Posted: Mon Jul 3 14:47:30 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i didn't bother to answer the question as i don't feel it is... correct. though that is not the word i was looking for.

I don't believe in morality, it's just made up phooey. i live my life the way i see fit. if some divine force disagrees with my view of the world then i do not see the point of sucking up to that divine force.

sweet p Posted: Mon Jul 3 16:14:27 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  though i could probably name a couple weird exceptions, i don't really know people who think they've never done any "bad" in their life.
the little kiddies don't count.

the poll question was just weird for me and the number of "no" answers made me wonder if maybe you guys took it to mean something different than i did.

beep - i have some issues with morality as well but i tried to think about this in a hypothetical sense.

Mesh Posted: Mon Jul 3 16:23:00 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sweet P said:
>
>beep - i have some issues with morality as well but i tried to think about this in a hypothetical sense.

That. I view morality/right and wrong/good and evil to exist nowhere else but in the human mind. I still just answered the question as though it was absolutely, without a doubt, the way life and death and the universe worked. Not because I actually agreed with it.

addi Posted: Mon Jul 3 19:08:47 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mr. Misses said:
>Addi, is that your cat? And was that your fireplace?
>
>Or are they just cool .gifs you've found?
>
>
>Either way, your last two avatars have been most excellent.

thanks, mesh. Thanks to you and sweet p showing me what site to go to I was able to use them. No they're not mine..just ones I found that I like. I love to stare at fires when I'm out camping, and who can resist a little kitty kneeding a blanket.

*I found another one, but I'm afraid if I actually use it the plinkers here would hunt me down and sick bamboo shoots under my fingernails

beetlebum Posted: Mon Jul 3 22:56:51 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i'm pretty sure i am a bad person and have a scuffed up soul, which is why i think that i'd have some debt to pay. simple as that, i suppose.

Mesh Posted: Tue Jul 4 01:49:46 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Awesome. You should email it too me.

exmortemmordor@hotmail.com I used to have a splendid collection of.....spicy .gifs. I deleted them all, because, well, they were just sitting there in my pictures taking up space. It's not like I ever used them or even looked at them.

addi Posted: Tue Jul 4 21:46:38 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mr. Misses said:
>Awesome. You should email it too me.

did it

antartica Posted: Mon Jul 10 04:16:19 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i do beleive that the concept of karma exists

that certain events that we go through in our present lives be it good or bad is due to our past lives

you get a good thing coz mebe some one owes you something from the past

you get something you consider bad coz it could be you owe that guy something from the past

and if you believe in all that, keeping on the same page then whatever gets accumulated or "unpaid" now will have to be paid in future life times

any one here ever read the book "Many lives, many masters"

can't recall the authour now but it's a quack who was helping this girl who had supposed issues, but he found out during her sessions of talking and hypnosis that there were many lives that she's gone through all over the world in many times, and then the people that she encounters in all these life times will keep coming back again and again

it's like you wonder why you are such close friends with a certain person and you guys have a connection, it could be coz your friendship had spanned your past life times...

well... yeah bottom line, i beleive it and it could be a debt of money, life, care, heck, just about anything.

choke Posted: Mon Jul 10 07:16:31 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm not sure why but I've always had a little niggling worry that our lives will be on repeat when we die and we'll be wise enough to know better but still have to watch ourselves make the dumb mistakes we did. Again.

addi Posted: Mon Jul 10 13:55:56 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
>I'm not sure why but I've always had a little niggling worry that our lives will be on repeat when we die and we'll be wise enough to know better but still have to watch ourselves make the dumb mistakes we did. Again.

Bill Murry "Groundhog Day"

Mesh Posted: Mon Jul 10 14:23:00 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Know what I like the idear of?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_recurrence

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]