Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

The Stanford Prison Experiment
Posted: Sun Jul 16 13:04:48 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2683701783583080634

Just thought I'd pass this video of the documentary along. I've read enough about this (while writing a paper on Michel Foucault, for what it's worth), but never actually seen this documentary.

Weird stuff, eh?

FN Posted: Sun Jul 16 13:49:51 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Seen it before

If you get a chance, look up the movie "Das Experiment", I recommend it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0250258/

addi Posted: Sun Jul 16 14:15:04 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Interesting and disturbing. I saw it years ago. similar one done a long time ago where the teacher divided the classroom into blue and brown eyed students (don't remember for sure which group was deemed positive). Speaks volumes about are base animal nature.

choke Posted: Mon Jul 17 06:15:48 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>Interesting and disturbing. I saw it years ago. similar one done a long time ago where the teacher divided the classroom into blue and brown eyed students (don't remember for sure which group was deemed positive). Speaks volumes about are base animal nature.

I saw em both. I think the class seperation one was cool, and more teachers should do it.

novemberrain Posted: Mon Jul 17 07:32:24 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>Interesting and disturbing. I saw it years ago. similar one done a long time ago where the teacher divided the classroom into blue and brown eyed students (don't remember for sure which group was deemed positive). Speaks volumes about are base animal nature.

I think they took turns. First the brown eyes were deemed positive, then the roles were reversed.

addi Posted: Mon Jul 17 08:21:14 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  novemberrain said:

>I think they took turns. First the brown eyes were deemed positive, then the roles were reversed.

thank you for being my memory, Nov. I've always depended on the kindness of strangers.
: )

I wonder what they would have done with me and my hazel eyes?

novemberrain Posted: Mon Jul 17 11:41:38 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>novemberrain said:
>
>>I think they took turns. First the brown eyes were deemed positive, then the roles were reversed.
>
>thank you for being my memory, Nov. I've always depended on the kindness of strangers.
>: )
>
>I wonder what they would have done with me and my hazel eyes?

Always here to help, General.

And of course, you would have been made ruler of them all with your hazel eyes. Because in the land of the blue and brown eyes, the hazel eyed man is king.

addi Posted: Mon Jul 17 12:13:49 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  novemberrain said:

>And of course, you would have been made ruler of them all with your hazel eyes. Because in the land of the blue and brown eyes, the hazel eyed man is king.

Marry me! Damn you.

(note: move to Salt Lake City, become a mormon, and practice polygamy)

novemberrain Posted: Mon Jul 17 13:00:38 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>novemberrain said:
>
>>And of course, you would have been made ruler of them all with your hazel eyes. Because in the land of the blue and brown eyes, the hazel eyed man is king.
>
>Marry me! Damn you.
>
>(note: move to Salt Lake City, become a mormon, and practice polygamy)
>
>: )

Ah, there is no need for that extreme (thank god), as I am once again single.

unless....you are the one who wishes to practice pologamy...

So thanks for the smile. They have been sorely lacking as of late.

addi Posted: Mon Jul 17 14:24:04 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  novemberrain said:

>Ah, there is no need for that extreme (thank god), as I am once again single.

Sometimes we tend to view things as the grass being greener on the other side...at least I do. Enjoy your singleness while you have it. You're too good of a woman for it to last long.

>unless....you are the one who wishes to practice pologamy...

That is what I intended to mean..but upon reflection I've since come to the conclusion that one woman is already more than any one man can handle in life...and still stay semi-sane.
My hat's off to any man that can be happy with multiple wives, because, frankly, women are the source of both great happiness and great consternation and knashing of teeth in life.

*and no doubt women say the same thing about men : )

Beep Posted: Mon Jul 17 16:04:32 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I saw das experiment when bbc4 showed it around 2am last year. i thought it was very interesting, i have been meaning to find it and buy it for a while, thanks for reminding me :)
if you could find the name of the classroom film for me? it sounds interesting, i would like to see it.

sweet p Posted: Mon Jul 17 16:11:16 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:

>*and no doubt women say the same thing about men : )

when one knows women one pities men, but when one knows men, one excuses women.

:D

addi Posted: Mon Jul 17 17:05:06 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sweet P said:

>when one knows women one pities men, but when one knows men, one excuses women.

so Men get pity and Women get excused. sounds like you got the better end of the stick to me.

"Men are superior to women. For one thing, men can urinate from a speeding car."
Will Durst

"Women's intuition is the result of millions of years of not thinking."
Rupert Hughes

"The main difference between men and women is that men are lunatics and women are idiots."
Rebecca West

"Women have a much better time than men in this world. There are far more things forbidden to them."
Oscar Wilde

novemberrain Posted: Mon Jul 17 20:01:59 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>novemberrain said:
>
>>Ah, there is no need for that extreme (thank god), as I am once again single.
>
>Sometimes we tend to view things as the grass being greener on the other side...at least I do. Enjoy your singleness while you have it. You're too good of a woman for it to last long.

Well, if you could make flyers, websites and shrines to that effect, I would be most grateful :)

addi Posted: Mon Jul 17 20:51:53 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  novemberrain said:

>Well, if you could make flyers, websites and shrines to that effect, I would be most grateful :)

I'll get my trusty assistant, Ludwig, right on it.

choke Posted: Tue Jul 18 04:35:18 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
knashing of teeth in life.

knashing? :P

addi Posted: Tue Jul 18 06:42:44 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:

>knashing? :P

Such an observant girl : )

yeah, it's supposed to be "gnashing", but I like the "ka" sound better in front. It gives plain old gnashing a little more pizazz.

beetlebum Posted: Tue Jul 18 08:13:52 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hey, at least you noted the silent consonant!

addi Posted: Tue Jul 18 08:25:17 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:
>hey, at least you noted the silent consonant!

woohoo!

Beetlebum...I think I need to kneed you...just a little bit

Mesh Posted: Tue Jul 18 15:32:42 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Haha, man, that's hilarious.

Hahahaha.

mat_j Posted: Tue Jul 18 16:41:43 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Holy shit am i missing out on hot action here?!

I saw that school thing by the way, i have a similar experiement ongoing in work at the moment.

I like people i sit with and i dislike people i phone. As it stands the phone people still have not been put down into the subservient existence i have set aside for them-

yet.

addi Posted: Tue Jul 18 17:14:39 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:

>I like people i sit with and i dislike people i phone.

call me

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]