Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Corruptio optimi est pessima
Beep Posted: Tue Jul 18 16:51:29 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I have just read brighton rock by graham greene. it is amazing. scarily.
If you have read it i am very interested to know your thoughts. and if you're not from england, or atleast britain, how it translates.

if you haven't read it go and get it now.
If you think you haven't heard of graham greene you're probably wrong, the pta try to ban one of his short stories in donnie darko. the destructors. i think it's available online for free. or atleast it was when i read it.

Enjoy.

addi Posted: Tue Jul 18 17:16:34 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  grahman greene rocks!

*can an old guy say that?

Beep Posted: Tue Jul 18 17:39:51 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  heh, as long as he's got his false teeth in properly he can say anything he wants addi :)

if you want to read the destructors:
http://oldwww.upol.cz/~prager/e_texts/destructors.htm

addi Posted: Tue Jul 18 17:52:22 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>grahman

well shit
I can say it but I can't type it right

thanks for the link

ifihadahif Posted: Tue Jul 18 20:43:32 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I thought Graham Greene was the cool Indian in Dances with Wolves.

mat_j Posted: Wed Jul 19 17:14:24 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I love the work of Mr. Greene, i am working currently on a novel that not only parodies his script 'The Third Man' buit am also replacing the famous cuckoo clock scene with another Green quotation about catholicism and communism, two proud and dangerous institutiions i myself have declared my allegiance to in the past and fit in happily with the res tof the book.

I have never read Brighton rock but i have seen the film starring Richard Attenborough (the old dude in Jurrasic Park as you probably know). I had the pleasure of meeting Mr Attenborough earlier this year at a speech in regards to a studio he is helping to set up in South Wales where i live.

He spoke only very briefly of Pinkie Brown but made clear his appreciation of the power and brilliance of the movie itself.

I love it personally, i love it's noirish style and of course that whole catholic angle on Pinkies crimes and the fact that Ida's beliefs come from a deep rooted sense of morality unlike Pinkie and Rose who should have this bedrock of the Roman Catholic religion to guide them.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]