Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

gifts
Ahriman Posted: Wed Aug 9 21:18:51 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  What have been some amazing gifts you have recieved or given in the past?

Ahriman Posted: Wed Aug 9 21:19:40 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  received*

ugh

Posted: Thu Aug 10 02:10:50 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  http://happybirthdaymeg.com was easily my favourite gift to give, ever.

As far as the receiving of gifts: probably Bob Dylan tickets, from my mother. It was right after my parents split (I was 18), and I had chosen to live with my father instead of her. Then, she got me the tickets for my birthday and it absolutely humbled me.

CorDrine Posted: Thu Aug 10 06:04:12 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  given: A fully paid 5D4N trip to Hong Kong for my Dad. It was money well spend, and I enjoyed every moment of it with my dad.

given: A free concert ticket to David Tao's concert for my husband. 6th row from the stage. 2 rows behind David Tao's parents!

received: full living expences for the 3 years of undergrad study from my brother who no longers talk to me today.

received: Every single chicken chop I get to eat on my birthday when I was young. My family was poor, but dad still treat me to my favourite western food whenever I ask for it.

libra Posted: Thu Aug 10 14:28:08 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  given: a scrapbook of special things between me and my boyfriend (sounds cheesy, but he really liked it)

received: diamond necklace from my boyfriend for our first christmas together. It was more about the fact that he tried hard to find something i'd like and splurged a bit. It showed me how happy he was that we were together, and that he was in it for good.

received: book by my favorite author that was only printed once and was really hard to find from my grandma.

received: radiohead tickets from my parents. a 'end of school-year' present, supposedly.

novemberrain Posted: Thu Aug 10 20:22:45 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  given: The 5th and 6th Harry Potter Books in french when they first came out.

given: 'La Haine' DVD in Region 1 Format.

given: early edition of 'James and the Giant Peach' by Roald Dahl.

received: a car for college graduation. Was a total surprise, never had a clue.

It really has become my mission to find the perfect gifts for people. The only problem is that I have to continually out do myself.

thedevil Posted: Fri Aug 11 11:20:09 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  love. though i received it not.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Fri Aug 11 23:56:28 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  thedevil said:
>love. though i received it not.

that's really sad.

i've given many great gifts. some that broke my wallet. but was well loved.

but i don't get gifts that cost more then 20/30 bucks. so nothing really memorable.

ifihadahif Posted: Sat Aug 12 20:33:36 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  To my good friend Addi, I offer the gift of life, for today I killed a shit eating dog.
LOL

Just kidding, of course.

FN Posted: Wed Aug 16 20:55:03 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hey hif, did nature repare your old bones or are you still in pain?

Hope all is well.

Mesh Posted: Thu Aug 17 00:14:09 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>To my good friend Addi, I offer the gift of life, for today I killed a shit eating dog.
>LOL
>
>
>
>Just kidding, of course.
>

I really did kill a dog today. All in a days activities, though.

So they caught theyguy that killed the Ramsey chick. How 'bout that?

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Aug 17 14:24:25 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Hey hif, did nature repare your old bones or are you still in pain?
>
>Hope all is well.
>
I'm still on crutches at least until Sep 5, when I visit the doc again.
I hope to graduate to a cane by then.
I expect it will take most of a year to heal compeletely from this and still probably walk with a slight limp for a long long time.
Thanks for the well wishes, same to you.

misszero Posted: Sun Aug 20 23:40:44 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i gave someone 'blonde on blonde' on vinyl once, and they were really happy. I'm known as a good gift giver among my associates, a role which i love and hate. so much pressure :(

i got 50 bucks from my mum yesterday, whih was awesome. although, it wasn't really a gift, it was so i could buy food.

iggy Posted: Mon Aug 21 06:59:24 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  received :- i've decided to be in denial from all birthdays so i won't get any older.

probably the gift of knowledge from a established and reowned director/director of photography. not many people in my industry are willing to teach and train up the newbies.

given :- snowflakes to someone.

Kira Posted: Mon Aug 21 12:25:02 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Given: A tiny, hand-cranked, golden music box that plays "The Music of the Night" for my mother. The Phantom of the Opera is her favorite play.

Given: A collectible cigarrette lighter which I wanted desperately to keep for myself.

Given: One Father's Day while on a family outing, I held my dad's hand on the way to the car... something I rarely did even as a little girl.

Recieved: My parents have given me some awesome gifts over the years. Mom once took me across two states to go see Lord of the Dance. For my seventeenth birthday I was treated to my first plane ride.

Recieved: A beautiful hand-made mobile with suns and feathers and ornamental discs... and at the center a small chinese bell, made to look like the earth.

ifihadahif Posted: Mon Aug 21 12:32:26 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>
>Given: One Father's Day while on a family outing, I held my dad's hand on the way to the car... something I rarely did even as a little girl.
>
This one made me smile.
Thank you for that Kira.
:-)

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]