Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To
 

So
Mesh Posted: Sat Aug 19 21:17:18 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  How the shit is everyone doing these days? I've just been keeping super busy working 12 hour days and crap like that. Nothing much really exciting. I have met a pretty nice girl though, but she's 32 so.....yeah I'm not putting too much hope into it. Whatever though, tell me(us) what's up with you all these days!


 
DanSRose Posted: Sat Aug 19 23:13:38 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm a little stunned. I now have a girlfriend (very cute, very smart, great taste in music). I'm writing. I haven't had a panic attack since my 2nd in Israel, and that was the stress of physically working as hard I could 16 hours a day and that war thingy that there. I'm still home, but I'm working. I'm planning my next Trip (Venice, Slovenia, and probably Paris)


 
DanSRose Posted: Sat Aug 19 23:15:49 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I missed the endpoint:
I'm bizzarely happy. I'm waiting for the shoe to drop, the Big Bad Wolf to come (for Mat_J), but I'm enjoying it for now. As much as I can.



 
jennemmer Posted: Sun Aug 20 00:46:51 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I worked like crazy for the first half of the month with one of the post-docs on a proposal to get time on a piece of equipment so that I can get data for my thesis. That makes me second author for the first time ever which is pretty cool even though it's on something that doesn't leave the building. It was due last Monday though, so now it's just a matter of waiting to hear from the committee.

Meanwhile my boyfriend has been visiting for the last 3 weeks (we've been stuck doing this long distance thing for a while now) and he's trying to find a job here. It would be a lot easier if we weren't in a different country and so having to worry about the whole visa thing.

Essentially the next week is going to decide the course of the next year at least of my life [(a) whether or not I need to go back to the drawing board for a thesis topic (b) whether or not I go back to being in a long distance relationship due to a lack of visas]. Fun! :p


 
libra Posted: Sun Aug 20 02:50:10 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I spent the summer back home, going down to Berkeley to visit my boyfriend on weekends. I am now back in Berkeley, starting school on the 28th.

I got to hang out with friends a decent amount over the summer.

I'm making decisions about the future at the moment. Not sure what to do the year after I graduate, where to go for my master's, and what to get my master's in. (Education or History at this point).

I guess I'm doing okay. I feel like I'm kinda in limbo though.


 
Ahriman Posted: Sun Aug 20 16:21:24 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  College is starting soon. I'm looking forward to it. Trying to get a job at a restaurant. Hopefully Sous chef or something of the sort. My girlfriend is going off to Binghamton for Biochemistry soon. 3.5 hours away. Living in an apartment in Buffalo. FAFSA is trying to screw me over. ECC lost my AP scores. My younger sis is going crazy. Stole my moms car and drove off the other day. Had to go out at 1am and track her down. Bit by bit. SSDD


 
choke Posted: Sun Aug 20 17:47:44 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I work at Subway.


 
Ahriman Posted: Sun Aug 20 22:09:34 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  awesome


 
antartica Posted: Mon Aug 21 01:16:29 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
>I work at Subway.

i wanna footlong meatball with everything on it!!!!!


 
Kira Posted: Mon Aug 21 13:35:47 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Since June work has been one long headache but I'm looking forward to things winding down after Labor Day. I've had time to persue other interests but not the interest itself or the energy. Now I'm planning on taking a couple of classes in the fall.


 
mat_j Posted: Mon Aug 21 16:45:44 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  DanSRose said:
>I missed the endpoint:
>I'm bizzarely happy. I'm waiting for the shoe to drop, the Big Bad Wolf to come (for Mat_J), but I'm enjoying it for now. As much as I can.

Good show old man, remember, when the Bad Wolf comes your back will be against the wall but it will save your ass.

T out!


 
mat_j Posted: Mon Aug 21 16:48:55 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman said:
>My younger sis is going crazy. Stole my moms car and drove off the other day. Had to go out at 1am and track her down. Bit by bit. SSDD

It's the opposite for me, my crazy younger sister, though still a mooncat, is finally settling down and has got herself engaged. I'm coming to the end of my contract in my flat and my new housemate just lost her job, boyfriend and soon her house and doesn't know what to do, will look after her to the best of my abilities unless she decides to go home to wolverhampton in which case i will also return home- to the speckled hills of Rhondda for a short hiatus amongst the squirrels, bats and youths.


 
ifihadahif Posted: Mon Aug 21 19:59:42 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>Ahriman said:
>>My younger sis is going crazy. Stole my moms car and drove off the other day. Had to go out at 1am and track her down. Bit by bit. SSDD
>
>It's the opposite for me, my crazy younger sister, though still a mooncat, is finally settling down and has got herself engaged. I'm coming to the end of my contract in my flat and my new housemate just lost her job, boyfriend and soon her house and doesn't know what to do, will look after her to the best of my abilities unless she decides to go home to wolverhampton in which case i will also return home- to the speckled hills of Rhondda for a short hiatus amongst the squirrels, bats and youths.
>
You're a good man to look after your friends like that.
:-)


 
Posted: Tue Aug 22 01:47:54 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  was waiting for something interesting to say in this thread, and tonight it finally happened.

my friend and his girlfriend just bought their first house downtown and I was helping clean up with them today and get the furniture in. I picked up a garbage back that, unbeknownst to me had a bunch of broken glass in it, and sliced my leg open, 13 cm long along the calf.

So, I spent my evening in the emergency room for a cool 17 stitches, and I'm not allowed to stand for more than a few minutes for the next couple days.

drat.


 
DanSRose Posted: Tue Aug 22 13:01:28 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>You're a good man to look after your friends like that.
>:-)

Hif said that in regards to Mat_J.
There is no doubt in my mind that that goes each and everyone of you. Throughout the time I've been visiting and adding here, people have been nothing but warm, open, honest, and direct. I like that.


 
ifihadahif Posted: Tue Aug 22 13:13:12 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:
>was waiting for something interesting to say in this thread, and tonight it finally happened.
>
>my friend and his girlfriend just bought their first house downtown and I was helping clean up with them today and get the furniture in. I picked up a garbage back that, unbeknownst to me had a bunch of broken glass in it, and sliced my leg open, 13 cm long along the calf.
>
>So, I spent my evening in the emergency room for a cool 17 stitches, and I'm not allowed to stand for more than a few minutes for the next couple days.
>
>drat.
>
I feel your pain . . . . literally.
Hope your healing time is short.



 
mat_j Posted: Tue Aug 22 16:14:56 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  DanSRose said:
>ifihadahif said:
>
>>You're a good man to look after your friends like that.
>>:-)
>
>Hif said that in regards to Mat_J.
>There is no doubt in my mind that that goes each and everyone of you. Throughout the time I've been visiting and adding here, people have been nothing but warm, open, honest, and direct. I like that.

here here to Dan! I wholeheartedly concur and couldn't have said a nicer thing about everyone.


 
Mesh Posted: Thu Aug 24 22:35:45 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I love you Dan.


 
Ahriman Posted: Fri Aug 25 01:36:37 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I miss my honey bunny


 
Mesh Posted: Fri Aug 25 19:39:10 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Fuckin' yes for the long hair.


 
DanSRose Posted: Sat Aug 26 18:49:02 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman said:
>I miss my honey bunny

All right, everybody be cool, this is a robbery!


 
jennemmer Posted: Sun Aug 27 13:05:12 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  >Essentially the next week is going to decide the course of the next year at least of my life [(a) whether or not I need to go back to the drawing board for a thesis topic (b) whether or not I go back to being in a long distance relationship due to a lack of visas]. Fun! :p

Follow up to this story for people who care:

No word on the thesis topic proposal but I don't expect one actually until the end of September.

My boyfriend got a job teaching a creative writing course with a emphasis on grammar. Very exciting, he just needed the Chicago Public Schools office to sponsor him for a visa, which is something they say that they will do on their website. They said no. As a rule they only give visa to foreign language teachers. Of course there had been no mention of that on the webpage or on any other documentation. So he's had to ge back home with a week to try and find a job there before school starts.

To add frustraiton upon frustration, he was allergic to my roommates cat, so upon finding out he'd gottne a job offer my roommate and a friend put in a deposit on an apartment nearby. So now I am back in a long distance relationship and looking for a new roommate :p


 
beetlebum Posted: Thu Aug 31 00:12:37 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  jennemmer said:
>>Essentially the next week is going to decide the course of the next year at least of my life [(a) whether or not I need to go back to the drawing board for a thesis topic (b) whether or not I go back to being in a long distance relationship due to a lack of visas]. Fun! :p
>
>Follow up to this story for people who care:

I care!

I would update, but it would look something like this:
blah blah blah BORING blah blah blah BORING, BORING blah blah blah.

and really, who wants to read that? i sure don't want to write it. :D


 
Mesh Posted: Mon Sep 4 20:12:49 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I can't believe Steve Irwin died.


 
beetlebum Posted: Mon Sep 4 23:17:40 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mr. Misses said:
>I can't believe Steve Irwin died.

Yeah, I just heard the sting ray's tail (I guess they are very sharp?) "pierced his heart". And that he died instantly.

Jesus.


 
Ahriman Posted: Tue Sep 5 23:03:59 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I met Bruce Campbell...WOOOO!!!...yea


 
Ed Posted: Thu Sep 7 11:03:27 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman said:
>WOOOO!!!...yea

Yeah, he's the man.



shop smart; shop s-mart


 
Mesh Posted: Thu Sep 7 18:57:01 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/09/07/gang.assault.ap/index.html


wow. wow. I say kill everyone involved. Inlcluding the little girl.


 
Ahriman Posted: Sat Sep 9 19:38:54 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  On Call Cook...wooo....yea...interview monday for cook's assistant.


 
Ahriman Posted: Sat Sep 9 21:28:54 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ...position


 
Mesh Posted: Sat Sep 9 22:41:42 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sweet, here's to hoping you get it. *cheers*










There are so many extremely, insanely, just ridiculously hot, beautiful, sexy women in this city who are also loose. One or two different ones a week, and I'm not even close to what I'd consider a handsome guy. Jesus Christ, if you can't get laid in this city, just kill yourself.



On a similar note, thank god for condoms.


 
Mesh Posted: Sun Sep 10 20:44:14 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  lolz jus kiddin gaiz im savin myslef fer marryage


 
Mouse Posted: Wed Sep 13 16:29:09 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mr. Misses said:
>lolz jus kiddin gaiz im savin myslef fer marryage

*patpat* We believe you, really.

M.


 
sweet p Posted: Mon Sep 18 16:29:24 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i'm at an internet cafe right now and i belive the person next to me is spying on me. he did a double take when i pointed the cursor at the word TERRORISTS on our front page.
:)

in other news, for about 3 minutes i thought yesterday was going to be my last day on earth. i was stuck climbing this, here:

http://www.escarpmentnetwork.org/Ontario2004%20074.jpg


 
sweet p Posted: Mon Sep 18 16:31:08 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mm..i also wanted to ask you how you're doing. but there are so many of you. so many.
i hope well.
i sorta miss you.


 
Kira Posted: Mon Sep 18 17:40:25 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sweet P said:
>i sorta miss you.

Aww. Heh.

:)


 
addi Posted: Mon Sep 18 19:22:03 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sweet P said:

>in other news, for about 3 minutes i thought yesterday was going to be my last day on earth. i was stuck climbing this, here:


I'm glad you made it safely back to us, P.

As Kuro would say
For what it's worth...I suggest next time you encounter an ice covered escarpment you resist the urge to climb it. We need you around

: )



 
sweet p Posted: Tue Sep 19 16:09:56 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
> it isn't covered in ice at this time of the year, silly.

though, i would love to go back when it is.

hi!





 
sweet p Posted: Tue Sep 19 16:10:32 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  woops.


and hi kira!!!


 
addi Posted: Tue Sep 19 16:51:35 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sweet P said:
>addi said:
>> it isn't covered in ice at this time of the year, silly.

well sheesh..you do live in Canadanada. It could be cold up there by now...or maybe I've been in Georgia way too long : )


>hi!

Madame....how do you do?



 
Nikki Posted: Wed Sep 20 21:47:04 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  my favorite words are FUCK, CUNT, ASSHOLE, DICKWAD, PRICK, AND LOVE


 
choke Posted: Thu Sep 21 09:22:23 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I know who you are.


 
addi Posted: Thu Sep 21 14:48:51 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  do tell


 



[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]