Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Christophe would love this joke
ifihadahif Posted: Thu Sep 28 20:24:58 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Three strangers strike up a conversation
in the airport passenger lounge in Midland, Texas,
awaiting their flights.

One is an American Indian passing through from
Lame Deer. Another is a Cowboy on his way to Houston
for a livestock show and the third passenger is a
fundamentalist Arab student, newly arrived at Texas
State University from the Middle East.

Their discussion drifts to their diverse
cultures. Soon, the two Westerners learn that the Arab
is a devout, radical Muslim and the conversation falls
into an uneasy lull.

The cowboy leans back in his chair, crosses his
boots on a magazine table and tips his big
sweat-stained hat forward over his face.

The wind outside is blowing tumbleweeds around,
and the old windsock is flapping; but still no plane comes.

Finally, the American Indian clears his throat
and softly he speaks, "At one time here, my people
were many, but sadly, now we are few."

The Muslim student raises an eyebrow and leans
forward, "Once my people were few," he sneers, "and
now we are many. Why do you suppose that is?"

The West Texas cowboy shifts his toothpick to
one side of his mouth and from the darkness beneath
his Stetson says in a drawl, "That's 'cause we ain't
played Cowboys and Muslims yet, but I do believe it's
a-comin'."

Mesh Posted: Thu Sep 28 20:51:16 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  You shall die for this insult against the ummah, Insha'Allah! Allāhu Akbar! Subħān Allāh!

DanSRose Posted: Fri Sep 29 00:11:05 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I-gesunt. (Bless you in Yiddish)

Shana Todah, for any other Jews out there. Happy season premier of Doctor Who in America Day tomorrow, with The Christmas Invasion and New Earth on Friday, with Happy season premier of Lost on Wednesday.

"Jesus loves you, but I think your a dick" is a stupid T-shirt.

Does anyone else think it was lame of the Pope to do an apology for commenting on how Islam is becoming more radical and more violent after they became more violent when he said that?

addi Posted: Fri Sep 29 06:42:52 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  DanSRose said:

>Does anyone else think it was lame of the Pope to do an apology for commenting on how Islam is becoming more radical and more violent after they became more violent when he said that?

I did find it a bit ironic that after his remarks some offended muslims protested by shooting a nun, attacking churches, and giving death threats to the pope.

My personal opinion is that the Pope was justified in making the speech (perhaps a bit naive about the reactions), but that as long as he was going to diss Mohammed he should have included all the horrible things his own church has done to "non-belivers" over the centuries in the name of Christ.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Fri Sep 29 07:42:57 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>My personal opinion is that the Pope was justified in making the speech (perhaps a bit naive about the reactions), but that as long as he was going to diss Mohammed he should have included all the horrible things his own church has done to "non-belivers" over the centuries in the name of Christ.

There are few acts of filth not carried out in the name of some god. What GOD will save us when we've nothing left but to fight amongst ourselves about "god" and who is right. Perhaps no God would take any side or pity us now...

Who does God hear when we are all covered in hatred and wanting each other to die?

btw. the joke was depressing. g.w. should be hanged for what he's done and before the rope could break his neck, he should be dragged through town covered in hot molten tar, drawn, quartered, and his remains feed to the pigs and wolves.

The end of organized religion may see the beginning of a better age. Religion has done very litte good. I see the benefit it could have, good morals, faith when scared and lonely, a "heaven", etc. But only in theory.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Fri Sep 29 07:46:49 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:
>g.w. should be hanged for what he's done and before the rope could break his neck, he should be dragged through town covered in hot molten tar, drawn, quartered, and his remains feed to the pigs and wolves.

or perhaps tumbscrews applied to his hands and feet. Then the iron maiden but that is far to quick a death. I do wish that the man is given back all the torture and pain that he's exacted about innocent people.

addi Posted: Fri Sep 29 08:12:33 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:

>btw. the joke was depressing. g.w. should be hanged for what he's done and before the rope could break his neck, he should be dragged through town covered in hot molten tar, drawn, quartered, and his remains feed to the pigs and wolves.

LOL!
Stop beating around the "Bush" (sorry), and tell us how you really feel.

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Sep 29 09:33:32 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:
>Cherry_Moon said:
>>g.w. should be hanged for what he's done and before the rope could break his neck, he should be dragged through town covered in hot molten tar, drawn, quartered, and his remains feed to the pigs and wolves.
>
>or perhaps tumbscrews applied to his hands and feet. Then the iron maiden but that is far to quick a death. I do wish that the man is given back all the torture and pain that he's exacted about innocent people.
>
Sounds exactly like a muslim extremist don't you think ?

Cherry_Moon Posted: Fri Sep 29 18:24:44 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Sounds exactly like a muslim extremist don't you think ?

*snarls*

i'm far from a radical muslim. perhaps you've never heard of wiccans/pagans. I practice a particular old Irish strain of Wicca (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faery_Wicca)

or perhaps you've never heard of resistance leaders, rebels, activists, or the alike. I express my detaste rightly. Christophe has said 1000x worse things about people and you guys just lap it up like he's your bestest buddy. He has radical views. And you're okay with it. So deal. Other people have passionate views. We can't all be good little christian drones for the government working towards a little dead end life with no hopes or retirement.

The last thing this country needs is sheep-like stagnation. this country is half way to dead and it doesn't even recognize it.

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Sep 29 19:02:40 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:
>ifihadahif said:
>>Sounds exactly like a muslim extremist don't you think ?
>
>*snarls*
>
>i'm far from a radical muslim. perhaps you've never heard of wiccans/pagans. I practice a particular old Irish strain of Wicca (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faery_Wicca)
>
I knew about Wicca and attended the meetings before you had your first period. We called it the true old time religion.
I was referring to the way you would choose to deal with someone (GW) that you have a dislike for.

>or perhaps you've never heard of resistance leaders, rebels, activists, or the alike. I express my detaste rightly. Christophe has said 1000x worse things about people and you guys just lap it up like he's your bestest buddy. He has radical views. And you're okay with it. So deal. Other people have passionate views. We can't all be good little christian drones for the government working towards a little dead end life with no hopes or retirement.
>
If you go back far enough in the threads you will see Chris and I barking and spitting venom at each other before we ever agreed to disagree.
He's certainly not radical enough to actually recommend tar and feathers for GW, no matter how much he dislikes him.

>The last thing this country needs is sheep-like stagnation. this country is half way to dead and it doesn't even recognize it.
>
Sheep-like stagnation ? This country is more polarized now than ever before. What the hell are you talking about ?
And pray tell how would you go about preventing another 9/11 ?

Mesh Posted: Fri Sep 29 22:20:37 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  DanSRose said:
>
>Does anyone else think it was lame of the Pope to do an apology for commenting on how Islam is becoming more radical and more violent after they became more violent when he said that?

Yeah, but it's just like the Jyllands- Posten episode. I'm pretty much used to the idea of them behaving that way over things like this.

Beep Posted: Sat Sep 30 13:58:10 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  >I did find it a bit ironic that after his remarks some offended muslims protested by shooting a nun, attacking churches, and giving death threats to the pope.

The majority of muslims don't react the way the extremists do. The ones who are not violent by definition woulnd't show up on the radar. you don't see a news report about a muslim being sorry. The extremists give the whole religion a bad name. I'm sure there are a few muslims out there who feel the same as the pope.

>he should have included all the horrible things his own church has done to "non-belivers" over the centuries in the name of Christ.

I find people are always going on about the crusades, or the spanish inquisition. and i'm also very sure that the pope is sorry for all of the bad things that have been done in the name of his religion. but you can't expect him to start every speech off with a page of apologies for every bad thing the religion has done. I'm pretty sure no one will be able to forget them.

All religions have their good points and bad points, religions are made up of humans. You can all think of quite a few christian ones off the top of your head, i'm sure. as for muslim 'Rumi'is one of the greatest poets ever to write in my opinion. look him up on wikipedia or something if you don't know him.

I do not know about Bush to be honest. I think if you believe that he is in sole and undivided control of his decisions then you are being very naive. he's just the figurehead. anyone that wants to destroy a figurehead and leave the functioning body behind is missing the point i think.

Heh, the fact that two intelligent people can have a disagreement like this proves just what a difficult issue these things are. I'd say everyone'd benefit from listening more and talking less (even if i have just typed out about 100 lines... :P)

addi Posted: Sat Sep 30 15:25:52 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Beep said:

>
>The majority of muslims don't react the way the extremists do. The ones who are not violent by definition woulnd't show up on the radar. you don't see a news report about a muslim being sorry. The extremists give the whole religion a bad name. I'm sure there are a few muslims out there who feel the same as the pope.

You mean there's at least one level headed muslim out there?!

: )

Bless you, Beep...you're stating the bloody obvious.

>I find people are always going on about the crusades, or the spanish inquisition. and i'm also very sure that the pope is sorry for all of the bad things that have been done in the name of his religion. but you can't expect him to start every speech off with a page of apologies for every bad thing the religion has done. I'm pretty sure no one will be able to forget them.

Two points:
If you think the atrocities committed by the catholic church are limited to the crusades and the Inquisition then you need to read a bit more.
No, the Pope doesn't need to begin every speech with an apology for the sins of the past, but in the speech in question he might have included some reference that his own church has some pretty blacks marks too...just for the sake of fairness.

>All religions have their good points and bad points, religions are made up of humans.

Amen. Human religious fanatics combined with politics and power is a lethal mix.

>I do not know about Bush to be honest. I think if you believe that he is in sole and undivided control of his decisions then you are being very naive. he's just the figurehead.

different topic I think, but I'd argue that Bush is a very powerful figurehead. And I do believe it's more than him. I would include at least a dozen others on his staff, the Republican controlled congress, and approximately half the U.S. population for giving him the power he wields.

Peace

ifihadahif Posted: Sat Sep 30 15:29:07 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Beep said:
>>I did find it a bit ironic that after his remarks some offended muslims protested by shooting a nun, attacking churches, and giving death threats to the pope.
>
>The majority of muslims don't react the way the extremists do. The ones who are not violent by definition woulnd't show up on the radar. you don't see a news report about a muslim being sorry. The extremists give the whole religion a bad name. I'm sure there are a few muslims out there who feel the same as the pope.
>
Yes, you are correct in saying most muslims are of the non-violent variety, but they should be speaking out against the fanatic scumbags that seem to have hijacked their religion.
At this point, their silence is deafening.

addi Posted: Sat Sep 30 16:58:00 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>Yes, you are correct in saying most muslims are of the non-violent variety, but they should be speaking out against the fanatic scumbags that seem to have hijacked their religion.
>At this point, their silence is deafening.

I can't believe I'm saying this but...but...you're right

: )

Maybe they're afraid to speak up...in fear of their lives if they stick their necks out high enough to be noticed.
I don't know.

Mesh Posted: Sat Sep 30 18:19:52 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  That's precisely the problem.

ifihadahif Posted: Sat Sep 30 21:07:05 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>ifihadahif said:
>
>>Yes, you are correct in saying most muslims are of the non-violent variety, but they should be speaking out against the fanatic scumbags that seem to have hijacked their religion.
>>At this point, their silence is deafening.
>
>I can't believe I'm saying this but...but...you're right
>
>: )
>
>Maybe they're afraid to speak up...in fear of their lives if they stick their necks out high enough to be noticed.
>I don't know.
>
That brings to mind your avatar Addi, the KKK wasn't all that different from today's radical muslims, other than the fact that we weren't afraid to condemn their actions.

Mesh Posted: Sun Oct 1 00:13:20 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  You know, I just met about fifteen minutes ago the kind of muslim that makes me feel bad for having ill feelings towards muslims. He was from Istanbul, and he's seriously one of the nicest guys I've ever met. I honestly thought he was from Romania or something at first.

Interesting also, he said he loved Texas, and Texans. He thought that Texans are so nice and pacient(spelling?). I'll admit, I had a lot of preconceptions about Texans before I came here. For the most part, they've been disproved, even in the small towns here I've been to.

addi Posted: Sun Oct 1 08:55:36 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>That brings to mind your avatar Addi, the KKK wasn't all that different from today's radical muslims, other than the fact that we weren't afraid to condemn their actions.

Interesting comparison. I'll agree with you that there are many similarities, with the one big difference being the muslim extremists in question are willing to blow themselves up for their cause, while I think the KKK members got their courage from a group mentality, and wouldn't carry out their hate crimes if it meant losing their own lives in the process.

addi Posted: Sun Oct 1 09:05:28 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mr. Misses said:
>You know, I just met about fifteen minutes ago the kind of muslim that makes me feel bad for having ill feelings towards muslims. He was from Istanbul, and he's seriously one of the nicest guys I've ever met. I honestly thought he was from Romania or something at first.

That brought a : ) to my face.

another example more close to home for many of us here was Breeze. She is a muslim and I got to know her quite well. She is a peace loving and caring person and hated the violence done in the name of her religion.

ifihadahif Posted: Sun Oct 1 09:15:06 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>ifihadahif said:
>
>>That brings to mind your avatar Addi, the KKK wasn't all that different from today's radical muslims, other than the fact that we weren't afraid to condemn their actions.
>
>Interesting comparison. I'll agree with you that there are many similarities, with the one big difference being the muslim extremists in question are willing to blow themselves up for their cause, while I think the KKK members got their courage from a group mentality, and wouldn't carry out their hate crimes if it meant losing their own lives in the process.
>
Yeah, that's because they were cowards for the most part.
But my point was that they were never allowed to gain the amount of power the muslim exremists have because the public was not afraid to speak out against them. This is something the moderate muslims must do if they want to save their religion.

FN Posted: Thu Oct 12 11:30:54 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I do like the joke.

I also feel that cherry is a wiccan for the sake of being one.

Are you not entertained?

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]