Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Hey Addi,
Posted: Sun Oct 8 12:25:31 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ...how's them Twins coming along?

You catch us knocking off the $200million murderers row yesterday?

quite kickass.

addi Posted: Sun Oct 8 20:43:50 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  touche, my tiger buddy...touche

: )

I feel the need to confess (so put on your white collar)...

I could really give a rat's ass about baseball. The game bores me to tears. My Twins jab in an earlier post was mostly just to ruffle your feathers...cuz I'm a dink sometimes : )

My true (and absurd) passion in sports is college football. I'm a diehard Husker fan and some of my least proud moments in life have come watching their games....I've screamed, cried, thrown china plates...really made a fool of myself over the years.

So while I don't share your passion for baseball, or the Tigers, I do understand it...just like I understand those crazies in Europe that go bonkers over their soccer teams.

So Go DETROIT! It put a smile on my face when I read they knocked off those damn Yanks

Howitzer Posted: Mon Oct 9 08:17:37 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I hear ya Addi, baseball is last on my list of favorite sports. I do enjoy seeing good highlights of athletic plays on Sportscenter in the morning, but not much more than that. I actually don't like pro basketball in any way, not even championships. Other than those two, I watch all college sports and any other sport on the tube or goin on around campus. Baseball is too slow for me to watch live, and pro-basketball is full of people so good that every play looks the same, and no one plays defense unless it is the finals. No thanks.

addi Posted: Mon Oct 9 09:01:51 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yup, Howi, we're on the same page with sports.

I will watch highligts on ESPN of plays from pro sports, but that's about it. In fact I haven't watched an entire game of pro hockey ever (sorry P). I haven't watched a complete baseball game since the mid '80's, and the last time I sat in front of the tube to watch a pro basketball game Magic and Bird will still playing.
I will take in a Vikings or Falcons pro football game now and then, but only if my only other option is having to mow the lawn.

ifihadahif Posted: Mon Oct 9 09:59:40 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Same here, baseball is the same as a vallium for me.

Pro basketball hasn't been entertaining since the ABA folded. Dr. J, Artis Gilmore, Pistol Pete Maravich, those guys could play !

College football and basketball rule !

Especially the Louisville Cardinals.

I do pay some attention to the NFL but rarely will I watch a comlete game.

Ahriman Posted: Mon Oct 9 11:27:01 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  BUFFALO SABRES!!! WOOOO!!!

addi Posted: Mon Oct 9 11:30:03 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>Especially the Louisville Cardinals.

Dang, they are a good team this year! I'd like to see them keep knocking off the traditional powerhouses they play.

ifihadahif Posted: Mon Oct 9 13:27:06 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Heh heh heh heh, I was looking at the title of this thread and I could just hear the voice of Lou Costello screaming as only he could . . . ."HEY ABBOTT" ! !

Mesh Posted: Mon Oct 9 18:01:46 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Football, and the other Football. Those are good.

Baseball is for fatties. As is Bowling. Tennis is just too fucking stupid(in other words, I suck at it har har har).

addi Posted: Mon Oct 9 18:23:16 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mr. Misses said:

>Tennis is just too fucking stupid

Hey now!

novemberrain Posted: Tue Oct 10 04:44:07 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:

>
>So Go DETROIT! It put a smile on my face when I read they knocked off those damn Yanks

I'm hurt, General. I really am.

addi Posted: Tue Oct 10 05:54:30 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  novemberrain said:

>I'm hurt, General. I really am.

As soon as I posted that I thought, "uh oh...Nov."

Does it help if I tell you I'm a big fan of yours?

Kira Posted: Tue Oct 10 09:54:41 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Baseball is the only sport I ever played as a kid. Or ever in my life. I've goofed around with tennis and basketball but have never played by the rules. And I bowl but bowling is not a sport.

Sports that are not sports:

Poker.
Racecar driving.

Golf makes it just under the wire because it's outside and while you don't run around, which you really should, you do WALK around, and Tiger Woods is so charismatic. And actually it's a pretty fun game, just not to watch. Much like baseball.

In conclusion: all you baseball haters can go soak your heads. I'll be over here watching Field of Dreams and holding my old glove over my face.

ifihadahif Posted: Tue Oct 10 11:48:35 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It is kind of ironic that baseball while not much fun to watch anymore, is still the best sport to make movies about.
While there a few decent movies about football and basketball, they don't even come close to the list of good baseball movies.
Just a few off the top of my head:

The Sandlot
Bull Durham
The Babe
Talent for the Game
Major League
The Natural
Bad News Bears

Kira Posted: Tue Oct 10 12:39:11 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Bull Durham

I watched that just to see Kevin Costner walk around the streets of Durham at night (SO dangerous, yikes!). I got such a kick out of it.

Howitzer Posted: Tue Oct 10 15:09:13 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>ifihadahif said:
>>Bull Durham
>
>I watched that just to see Kevin Costner walk around the streets of Durham at night (SO dangerous, yikes!). I got such a kick out of it.

NO DOUBT! The only times I go to Durham are to see a Bulls game (I hate baseball, but it is an americana thing to go see a Bulls game...hell, they made a movie out of it), and to go to the REI there if they have something I need. To the rest of you, never, and I mean NEVER, go to Durham otherwise. And baseball movies are good, as are the highlights are sportscenter.

novemberrain Posted: Tue Oct 10 20:02:00 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>novemberrain said:
>
>>I'm hurt, General. I really am.
>
>As soon as I posted that I thought, "uh oh...Nov."
>
>Does it help if I tell you I'm a big fan of yours?

awwwwwwww

Thanks, general. I really needed that.

Mesh Posted: Tue Oct 10 22:37:19 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>
>The Sandlot
>

Yes, but did you see the sequel? It was so terrible, not even the hot pre-teen girls could make it enjoyable.

sweet p Posted: Wed Oct 11 02:51:43 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:

>I haven't watched an entire game of pro hockey ever

you're a lucky duck because i'm a very forgiving girl.

the season just started and i was tres excited about that. but to be honest, the peak of my excitement during the first game ended after o canada. since then i've been getting more and more into the games. i am still trying to get used to shootouts. i have an affinity for goalies so they render me nervy.

addi Posted: Wed Oct 11 06:44:04 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sweet P said:

>you're a lucky duck because i'm a very forgiving girl.

just one of your many good qualities.

for what it's worth I have taken in a few high school hockey games, a University of Minneasota college game, several Olympic matches, and the movie "Mystery, Alaska"...if that counts.

Maybe if I'd grown up north of the border I would have developed a greater appreciation for toothless guys weilding large sticks : )

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Oct 11 10:21:20 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Anybody here ever seen a movie called "Men with Brooms" ?

sweet p Posted: Wed Oct 11 10:47:53 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>toothless guys weilding large sticks : )

*swoon ...

ifihadahif said:
>"Men with Brooms"?

of course! haha. so canadian it's funny.

Mouse Posted: Wed Oct 11 12:44:11 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Howitzer said:
>Kira said:
>>I watched that just to see Kevin Costner walk around the streets of Durham at night (SO dangerous, yikes!). I got such a kick out of it.
>
>NO DOUBT! The only times I go to Durham are to see a Bulls game (I hate baseball, but it is an americana thing to go see a Bulls game...hell, they made a movie out of it), and to go to the REI there if they have something I need. To the rest of you, never, and I mean NEVER, go to Durham otherwise.

I live in Durham...
Last night one of my boyfriend's coworkers was shot and killed. If we had been outside we probably would have heard the shots, the street it happened on is just a few blocks away. The same street somebody picked up my dog on when she got out during a storm and kept her till I could find her.

I used to walk my dogs at night when I got home from work, I'm so glad I don't have to do that anymore. I don't walk places, I used to sometimes but I started to get bad feelings about it. I've had creepy people hassle me in the middle of the day and I've seen people being arrested out of my bedroom window.
It's an odd city, $800 a month warehouse style loft apartments and areas the cops won't go after dark. I can't wait to move to a nicer area. X_X
M.

mat_j Posted: Tue Oct 31 07:31:24 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Can you say Dink?

addi Posted: Tue Oct 31 07:35:09 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>Can you say Dink?

"pink...no...stink...dang!..blink182...shit!"

I guess not

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]