Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Lying is the most fun a girl can have...
innocenceNonus Posted: Tue Oct 31 11:09:43 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Saw the poll and just wanted to ask if anyone had any good lying stories [oh the irony if someone lied about one]... or just some thoughts on lying to share.

Personally, I suck at the "practical joke" sort of lying [can't keep a straight face]. Also suck at covering unexpected emotions [shock, raging anger, etc].

BUT... I'm really good at pretending I know less than I do. Or at slipping in hidden meanings... AHHAHAHAHAHAH.

Oh, the wit of the witless.

libra Posted: Tue Oct 31 13:05:17 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm soooo bad at lying. I just start smiling and give it away.

choke Posted: Tue Oct 31 15:57:42 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I can pull off a lie but I always get real guilty and 5 seconds to 10min later I'm always like, "That was a lie I just told you, I'm real sorry."

addi Posted: Tue Oct 31 16:08:28 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
>I can pull off a lie but I always get real guilty and 5 seconds to 10min later I'm always like, "That was a lie I just told you, I'm real sorry."

at least you admit it later.

Not always, but most of the time I can tell when a person is lieing to me. You can read body language and hear their voice inflection for clues. But it's much harder on the internet to tell.
For example if a woman IMing me tells me she "wants me real bad right now" I want to believe her, but deep down I don't know if she's just saying it to mess with my mind.
: )

Posted: Tue Oct 31 16:34:42 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I've become an excellent liar!

Mark Posted: Tue Oct 31 16:48:57 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It depends on the kind of lie. I can do the "make a story a bit more interesting" kind of lie. But can't even stretch that one too far. When doing a practical joke I do a bit better.

But when really lying to someone I usually get all nervous and can't do it. The exception is that when I need to make sure something doesn't get out of control and a (coldhearted) lie can save it, then somehow I can pull it off. Doesn't mean I like it and will always try to find alternatives (like telling the truth ;)

Kira Posted: Tue Oct 31 16:49:38 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I answered no to the poll because I'm lousy at more serious lies, e.g. about the way I'm feeling or about something I did... but I am usually able to swing it if it's for a practical joke, or to placate some foolish person who is pestering me or otherwise holding me up. I can't think of any examples where I actually did that but I know it's happened.

mat_j Posted: Wed Nov 1 07:32:08 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I once travelled across the sahara in a tuxedo with a canoe full of tizer.

It's fukcing easy!

maybeitwillwork Posted: Wed Nov 1 11:40:42 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I lie every day. Sometimes it's my name, where I work who I am, anything really. It's what I do with what I call friends of the moment, someone you meet randomly and will never see again. And in truth I do it just to see if I can, my good friends know that I do it, they will go along with the lies I spin and we'll laugh about it later.

choke Posted: Wed Nov 1 22:21:40 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Oh, I just remembered, I lied to a police officer.

Ahriman Posted: Thu Nov 2 15:44:27 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I never lie. I just spin the truth. It comes with the fact that half of my family are lawyers.

Howitzer Posted: Fri Nov 3 02:42:14 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I lie well, I do it on a daily basis to keep my sanity with my girlfriend. To those out there who feel honesty is the best thing has never heard of white lies. For instance, my g/f does not like to know if or when I am gonna use the restroom (mostly if we are talking on the phone), so I politely tell her I have my parents or friend or committe member on the other line and I will call her right back. I will tell her it was about something real, and will tell her about what is really goin on in that area of my life that I lied about.

This is a skill I learned to do in high school when I would go over to buddies houses my parents would not let me go to, I would substitute real names and events, which made the lying easier and harder to fuck up with later stories. It also helps not to divulge all you have done that day as to leave fun facts to fill in for your white lies. I have been doing it for over a decade now and it just fills in seamlessly with my life. Don't want the g/f to know you ran into an ex today? esp. if that is why you were late to class? You just recite the time you ran into your freshman lab partner the other day and all is good. Tell lab group you are gonna be late cause you needed to drop off rent in the late box, not cause you slept in. so on and so on....I know I am lied to on a daily basis by friends and aquiantinces and by perfect strangers, so if it causes me less stress and gives those around me a better piece of mind? then why not do the 'little' lie, and help youself out?

libra Posted: Fri Nov 3 11:46:45 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  she doesn't like to know when you're going to the bathroom?

sweet p Posted: Fri Nov 3 14:54:58 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>she doesn't like to know when you're going to the bathroom?

heh, yeah i was wondering about that too..

i lie but it's hard. i guess i get weird when i'm nervous. and i get nervous when i lie. it's all in my head. i think people will be able to tell that i am lying. so while i'm lying i am overthinking it and i end up just looking like a jerk.

i can't lie to mums..her eyes penetrate. if i try i always feel worse than i probably would have if i just told the truth and lived with the guilt.

me and my friend lied to an annoying man at the bar once - said i was from spain and couldn't speak english. turns out he lived there for years and could speak better spanish than me. i basically smiled a lot. another time, i lied to a hair dresser and he turned out to know my mother.

in general, i avoid lying at all these days.

Howitzer Posted: Fri Nov 3 17:11:55 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>she doesn't like to know when you're going to the bathroom?

oh cmon, you must know people that dislike the idea of goin to the restroom...they had a "That 70's Show" episode with it , and I know several women like that, and a few guys.

libra Posted: Fri Nov 3 21:33:07 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Howitzer said:
>libra said:
>>she doesn't like to know when you're going to the bathroom?
>
>oh cmon, you must know people that dislike the idea of goin to the restroom...they had a "That 70's Show" episode with it , and I know several women like that, and a few guys.

maybe. but still. I don't like my boyfriend thinking about me going to the restroom, but he seems to think its a topic open for discussion, and I've gotten used to it.

Mesh Posted: Fri Nov 3 23:59:33 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm Mesh. Of course I'm good at lying. I'm good at everything.

For instance, I orchestrated WWII, and when I was questioned by the Time Traveler Enforcement Agency, I was able to convince them I had nothing to do with it.

By the way, I'm a time traveler.

Kira Posted: Sat Nov 4 00:50:16 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I have to jump into this thread again for a second to say that acting is probably my second most favorite thing to do, ever, next to writing.

Acting is like lying, so I am on-topic. Ha.

mat_j Posted: Sat Nov 4 11:56:27 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I like spinning yarns to strangers in bars, boats and taxi cabs and to the person who talks to me on the bus, a lot of them are just pastiches of Tom Waits lies i've picked up over the years.

Sit there with a guitar and you can make most anything up and people will believe it (especially if you can play said guitar).

I often end up using the lies as storylines and anecdotes in scripts and short stories, like a bit of meat in a stew. Lying to complete strangers you'll never see again is almost like an exercise to me, don't do it all the time, sometimes i tell them i was talking crap but sometimes it's interesting to see where your brain will take you.

choke Posted: Mon Nov 6 19:41:01 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Howitzer said:
>libra said:
>>she doesn't like to know when you're going to the bathroom?
>
>oh cmon, you must know people that dislike the idea of goin to the restroom...they had a "That 70's Show" episode with it , and I know several women like that, and a few guys.

Wow. If I'm on the phone I always take whoever it may be into the toilet with me. I warn them first, of course. Sometimes I hum. No one I have encountered in this position really seems to mind.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]