Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Randumb Thoughts
addi Posted: Tue Nov 21 08:41:34 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hoping to generate some ack-shon here with an "off the top of my head" thread.

Chan is invading our borders soon. Hide the women and lock up your booze.

The Dems got their wish in this last election. Come January they damn well better do something good with it.

Started taking vitamin suppliments a few months ago. All I really notice is that my fingernails are now growing at an alarming rate, and my erections last for 3 hours and 59 minutes.

I would like to hear more often from Christophe, Jenn, P, Kuro, mesh, mat_j...( I HATE putting down specific names because I always forget to include so many).

Had a dream about a GT plinker last week, and remembered it in detail when I woke up. To my great dismay it was very wholesome.

I fantasize about owning a pair of brown leather pants someday. Unfortunately I don't think I would have the balls to wear them in public...which is really lame.

Generally speaking, I find watching any Pro sport to be an unentertaining waste of time.

The beavers living in the lake behind my house are making a lot of racket at night lately. God only knows what dark deeds they're up to.

Just shoot me if the doc ever tells me I have to give up coffee for health reasons.

Someday I would love to live in the Rockies and at a tropical ocean beach at the same time..which explains why I'm so screwed up.

*please insert your randumb thoughts here

sweet p Posted: Tue Nov 21 12:17:36 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i'm feeling more "girly" than usual these days and it's starting to really piss me off.
i cry more, i think more [in a bad way], and stupid things set me off so easily.

during times like these i can't do anything right. my artistic abilities are hindered, my conversation skills are out the door, and i can't even remember my dreams properly. i don't even enjoy watching leafs hockey as much.

i blame the quickly approaching winter.
no, i'm not pms'ing.

i'm trying to sleep earlier and eat better . also trying to get back to my exercise routine. i think that should help [at least a little], soon.

i can remember exactly what i was doing last year around this time and it's scary that a year went by so fast.
the next couple of weeks are going to be emotional ones for me, and i'm just trying to get over things.

i'm starting to miss a lot of people. which i guess means that i feel far away from them..and i don't know how that happens.

enough whining.

i think on thursday i will go on an adventure.
i broke a string on my guitar, so i will repair that as well.
i will finish the scarf i started to knit.
maybe give myself a haircut.

sighs

beetlebum Posted: Tue Nov 21 12:34:08 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i'm mostly tired these days, but in a good way.

i'm heading home in a month and looking forward to it.

i'm sad that i have an essay due on thanksgiving, and that i'll be away from my family.

i have to sent out resumes in 6 weeks, and i still have no idea where (which country) i want to work. shiiiiit. this stresses me out loads.

i have finished most of my christmas shopping and am rather chuffed.

i just ate a few guylian belgian chocolates. as an entree to dinner. nice.

i, too, would be upset if i had to give up coffee.

i just read "i remember" and i loved it.

i have a few more bits and bobs and then i'll have finished my christmas letter, which this year is a book of pictures of oxford with descriptions of what my typical day is like, since everyone asks and i never know what to say. also, i think christmas letters are kind of lame in the sense that they probably aren't all that truthful (i mean, mine will have very little personal information, and it's mostly pictures anyway) but at the same time, i really like receiving them from relatives and friends, because at least you have a small idea of what milestones have been crossed. i think christmas letters were unfairly deemed dumb by somebody somewhere and now everyone is super cynical about them, but they are kind of nice sometimes. and who doesn't like getting mail that isn't bills? i've been thinking about that lately. haha. oh, the things that preoccupy my time.

i am heading to london this friday for some crazy poetry thing held in the basement of a house around st. paul's and i'm excited.

i start revising for final exams in three weeks. i'm already nervous.

i miss my little sister so much, as always.

i think the internet is, for the most part, a good place.

i think that pesto and tomato and mozarrella and pasta = a good dinner. plus some salad.

and addi, it's good that GT has you to prod people into action. i know you dislike doing it, but it's a good thing. even if i'm ever the cynic. :)

i'm not proofreading this, and i'll probably find mistakes later which will aggravate me, but i won't worry too much about it because upon the advice of a wise friend i'm trying to be more laid back about grammar and punctuation. (it takes some effort, though.)
the end. (la fin.)

Kira Posted: Tue Nov 21 12:41:29 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Thursday is Thanksgiving in the U.S. You should go to Crim's for turkey (cuz he's closest?).

Kira Posted: Tue Nov 21 12:44:35 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>Thursday is Thanksgiving in the U.S. You should go to Crim's for turkey (cuz he's closest?).

Talkin' to P there. Beetlebum beat me to third post.

beetlebum Posted: Tue Nov 21 12:46:44 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>Thursday is Thanksgiving in the U.S. You should go to Crim's for turkey (cuz he's closest?).

lol! maybe i should, if he'd have me. (he is geographically the closest. but he's also canadian, and i think they had their thanksgiving awhile back. but maybe he'd throw a turkey in the oven for a forlorn, pathetic american. big grin.)

beetlebum Posted: Tue Nov 21 12:47:50 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>Kira said:
>>Thursday is Thanksgiving in the U.S. You should go to Crim's for turkey (cuz he's closest?).
>
>Talkin' to P there. Beetlebum beat me to third post.

nevermind, then! haha.

addi Posted: Tue Nov 21 12:54:50 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:

>and addi, it's good that GT has you to prod people into action. i know you dislike doing it, but it's a good thing. even if i'm ever the cynic. :)

It's a dirty job, but somone has to do it.
thanks B : )

*and thanks to each of you for sharing a little about what's happening in your life. It's really cold in Atlanta today, but it warms my heart to read these posts.

Geez...that was really syrupy : (

addi Posted: Tue Nov 21 13:01:30 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i'm feeling more "girly" than usual these days too, and it's starting to really piss me off...because I don't even have a vagina.

plinker said:
>the next couple of weeks are going to be emotional ones for me, and i'm just trying to get over things.

none of my business to ask why, but we all hope it goes quickly for you..whatever the circumstances are you're facing.
Hugs

ifihadahif Posted: Tue Nov 21 13:12:23 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>i'm feeling more "girly" than usual these days too, and it's starting to really piss me off...because I don't even have a vagina.
>
It is nice to have one every once in a while.
:-)

addi Posted: Tue Nov 21 13:22:40 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>It is nice to have one every once in a while.
>:-)

LOL!

Well god knows I've tried morphing one into exsistance, but no luck so far.

Kira Posted: Tue Nov 21 13:57:32 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  My right hand is colder than my left.

This year I have experienced a very unsettling change: rainy or stormy weather makes me want to stay inside and do nothing. All my life up to 2006 I've treated rain as if it were nothing and thunderstorms like a victory parade. I don't know why I feel differently now and I don't like it.

Cold weather bothers me more too.

I don't want a Playstation 3.

My worst dreams are ones in which no violence ever takes place.

I just laughed for two solid minutes at this picture: http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/6857/a42021abwb2.jpg

I miss GT.

sweet p Posted: Tue Nov 21 16:43:25 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i love guylians,
ohh man.

addi Posted: Tue Nov 21 17:17:35 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  plinker said:
>i love guylians,
>ohh man.

I read this and thought "guylians" must be some kind of canadian slang word for a shemale or something along those lines.
But that didn't really make much sense coming from you so I googled it.

Belgian chocolate. Now that I can believe you love.

sweet p Posted: Tue Nov 21 17:30:41 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  haha
aaaaaddi..did you not read b-bum's post??

addi Posted: Tue Nov 21 18:10:34 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  oh

Dang : (

libra Posted: Tue Nov 21 18:59:09 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm freaking out about what to do after I graduate.

Worrying about being far away from my boyfriend.

Two papers due in two weeks. The professors have chosen to wait until the last minute to give us the topic guidelines.

Sad that next semester might be my last time taking random classes just for fun from amazing professors.

Wishing I could get away from it all for just a bit. I need perspective.

Posted: Tue Nov 21 20:30:56 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:
>Kira said:
>>Thursday is Thanksgiving in the U.S. You should go to Crim's for turkey (cuz he's closest?).
>
>lol! maybe i should, if he'd have me. (he is geographically the closest. but he's also canadian, and i think they had their thanksgiving awhile back. but maybe he'd throw a turkey in the oven for a forlorn, pathetic american. big grin.)

truthfully, we'll be celebrating thanksgiving here as well. many american relatives on my mother's side of the family.

You're all invited, ps.

(seriously.)

ifihadahif Posted: Tue Nov 21 21:59:02 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Got me a 20 pound turkey, gonna deep fry it Thursday !

Cherry_Moon Posted: Tue Nov 21 22:14:41 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  nervous about my folks meeting Puck for the first time. I hate it because it's so very awkward and it either involves them brushing the guy off and giving him the very icy shoulder or interrogaiting him for 1/2 hour-3hrs.

Cherry cheesecake is a bitch to make when i don't want to cook.

i love the way dishes stack after I'm done cooking a feast. It's dingy proof that I have cooking skills (as well as num-chuck skills, bow-hunting skills, and computer hacking skills).

I've noted that my leave for NC won't stir a farewell or sad goodbye. I've made no imprint and i've made no effort to make friends.

cooking cornish hens is a bitch as well. Trying to gently cut the skin (so i can shove herbs and etc under there)is almost not worth it. I almost always look more cut up then the hens. >:(

puck snores way to fucking loud.
and hogs the blankets. :(
and drools (on occasion). ew. I'll wake up with sticky drool on my cheek. It's like super-glue and i have to scrub it off...

traveling is so frustrating. Were is teleportion when you need it. Damn it.

Mesh Posted: Tue Nov 21 23:06:03 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm tired. I'm sick. I leave my house at 5:40AM and get back at 7:30pm. I've fallen for a young lady I'm sure has no interest in me. I've had a rash for two weeks that won't go away. People won't stop bugging me. My car got broken into and over $1,000 worth of property stolen.

Fuck this, fuck that, and fuck you.

addi Posted: Wed Nov 22 06:34:22 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:

>puck snores way to fucking loud.
>and hogs the blankets. :(
>and drools (on occasion). ew. I'll wake up with sticky drool on my cheek. It's like super-glue and i have to scrub it off...

poor puck..having all his dirty laundry aired out for everyone to see.

if it's any consolation, puck, I've been told I snore too..several plinkers here have told me that : )

*I drool too, but only when I'm trying to decide what to get at Dunkin' Donuts.

addi Posted: Wed Nov 22 06:48:24 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mr. Misses said:
>I'm tired. I'm sick. I leave my house at 5:40AM and get back at 7:30pm. I've fallen for a young lady I'm sure has no interest in me. I've had a rash for two weeks that won't go away. People won't stop bugging me. My car got broken into and over $1,000 worth of property stolen.

Well shit. That sucks, mesh. No wonder you're no posting much here with that schedule. My tennis partner had his car stolen last week..it made him feel kind of violated.
See a doc about the rash..you don't want to leave that untreated.
No good love advice, except be your natural funny witty lovable self around her.
As far as people bugging you all the time I suggest you stop taking showers, keep your pants fly unzipped, and anytime someone approaches you start shouting, "THERE'S A LOBSTER LOOSE!!"
They'll start leaving you alone.

addi Posted: Wed Nov 22 07:57:59 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Feeling unusually blissful this morning. It's unsettling..hope it passes soon.

novemberrain Posted: Wed Nov 22 09:32:00 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Just had my birthday. Too bad we couldn't have GT birthday get togethers. Paaaaartay :)

I miss not being here as much, but I am working on changing that.

It's finally starting to feel like fall.

I have no money.

addi Posted: Wed Nov 22 09:52:40 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  novemberrain said:
>Just had my birthday. Too bad we couldn't have GT birthday get togethers. Paaaaartay :)
>

we know...and you didn't even make a post on the "November" thread about it...you 'lil stinker
: )

*trust it was a happy one.

sweet p Posted: Wed Nov 22 13:37:02 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  no driving for p.
seriously, if i drove, i would consider paying crim a visit once in a while.
to get there i'd have to take an expensive train, i think.
i thought about a surprise visit in the summer and then decided i didn't want to freak you out, phil.

maybe one day
:)

Posted: Wed Nov 22 13:40:40 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  plinker said:
>no driving for p.
>seriously, if i drove, i would consider paying crim a visit once in a while.
>to get there i'd have to take an expensive train, i think.
>i thought about a surprise visit in the summer and then decided i didn't want to freak you out, phil.
>
>maybe one day
>:)

oh, P. you can surprise visit me anytime! I get very bored here in sunnysnowy Windsor.

JesusOnline Posted: Wed Nov 22 15:00:44 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  

Planning and buying Christmas things and otherwise working my ass off

Still recovering from Celtic beating Manchester Utd in the champions league

Am so Tired

Cherry_Moon Posted: Wed Nov 22 15:18:09 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>poor puck..having all his dirty laundry aired out for everyone to see.

he doesn't give a cfrap about it... hehe.... snoring is embarrassing but that's the worst he ever gets I can diffently deal with it. I've experienced much worse before.

>if it's any consolation, puck, I've been told I snore too..several plinkers here have told me that : )

i can hear it from here (NC)... It's keeping me up!

>*I drool too, but only when I'm trying to decide what to get at Dunkin' Donuts.

ew. Krispy Kreme is the only way to go with donuts. a fresh made at the store stuffed to the gills (with custard) donut from K.K. is a little greasy piece of heaven. D.D tastes like stale communion wafers with dingy sugar glued on.

addi Posted: Wed Nov 22 15:27:13 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:

>i can hear it from here (NC)... It's keeping me up!

sorry..I'll try sleeping with a plastic bag over my head tonight.

>ew. Krispy Kreme is the only way to go with donuts. a fresh made at the store stuffed to the gills (with custard) donut from K.K. is a little greasy piece of heaven. D.D tastes like stale communion wafers with dingy sugar glued on.

Blasphemy!

*eating KK donuts makes me uncomfortable..there's something too sexual about custard filled donuts.

addi Posted: Wed Nov 22 15:32:28 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  JesusOnline said:

Thanks Big J.
I seem to get more compliments on avatar pics when they don't include my top half : )

>Still recovering from Celtic beating Manchester Utd in the champions league

Me too! We hates those nasty filthy Celtics!!

Posted: Wed Nov 22 16:10:33 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  JesusOnline said:

Arsenal for the win!

sweet p Posted: Wed Nov 22 16:36:28 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:
>you can surprise visit me anytime!

excellent.

JesusOnline said:

Arsenal for the win!

aye, go gunners!!
also, incase you care..as much as lehmann angered me during the world cup, and as much as i tell people i dislike him, i am secretly drawn to him [don't tell anyone].

addi Posted: Wed Nov 22 21:33:11 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  more ran-dumbness

sometimes I'm glad that this place hasn't become a another mega-site. I know I bitch about people not being a posting slut like me now and then, but there's something to be said for the small group of diverse,interesting personalities that come here. It's more like a family...sometimes a bit dysfunctional, but beneath that I'm naive enough to think most of us have a genuine care and concern for each other that's developed over the years. And that's unique, because the vast majority of us have never met in person.

Have to get my baking hands in shape now. Bread and rolls are my usual contribution to holiday get togethers. There's always been something theraputic for me and kneeding dough (no comment). The smell of fresh baked bread always takes me back to being a little kid living next door to the Mangamelies, and Mama Rose's Italian bread hot from the oven. The olfactory sense is amazing.

Sometimes the little things people say or do are the best. Had an unexpected talk with a special friend here yesterday over the net out of the blue.
I had a smile on my face the rest of the night.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you celebrating it tomorrow. The rest of you have a great day for no good reason : )

choke Posted: Thu Nov 23 00:50:07 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  At the moment I'm looking for zombie pictures to put on my 18th birthday cake (21st December, you're all invited, dress like zombies) and a little shocked to realize I would have been at this site for around 4 years, my first post being when I was 14. Wow?

A song I haven't heard in awhile packed me a nasty punch today, weird how that happens sometimes.

Lately I have been worried that my body and mind are breaking down, a result either of an assortment of different drugs over the last few years (over with, now, which is also weird also, giving up drugs and alcohol before I am even legal to drink or do anything?) or a natural part of growing older (at 17?) or that quite simply, I am dying.

I have been told that I am probably only breaking down because I am worrying about breaking down, which does not solve the problem, at all. In any case, my hands shake, my bones are old, my head swims and my nerves go numb, I lose my vision when I stand up and I lose grip on reality more and more often, the room around me gains so much clarity that I cannot concentrate and I am hit by overwhelming sensations of helplessness when I realize nothing has been done for days and I've missed all my application deadlines for college.

Am I going crazy?

Surprisingly enough, though I am plagued by fits of nothingness, I am feeling pretty alright this week. Life is well, for the moment. I have an 18th coming up, and I have wonderful friends if I do not allow myself to be disappointed in them as I so often am by the human race. My family are.. tolerant. I like milo. And my cat. And other things. Existance is good.

Love Tiffany

addi Posted: Thu Nov 23 09:29:15 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:

>Am I going crazy?

No...you're turning 18. Don't mean to make light of it at all, but teens and feelings of craziness go hand in hand.
It will pass...sometime around age 35

>Love Tiffany

Love Addiany

jennemmer Posted: Thu Nov 23 13:45:03 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  -Travelling is so strange. One day you are in one place the next you can be somewhere completely different. On the one hand my brain can't seem to make sense of it quickly enough - I almost forget that I can't drive down the street in Winnipeg and get to somewhere in Chicago. On the other hand my brain can adapt almost too quickly. I can wake up in bed at my Dad's house and feel like I've never left and everything in between was a dream

-I have been telling everyone that I have had the most brutal and exhausting 3 months for no less than three months now. In otherwords I have had the most unreal 6 monthes ever. I feel like I completely missed summer and fall... I have no idea why there are Chrismas decorations everywhere

-I might have thesis data by the end of the year. This means that I could actually graduate in a year or two. On the one hand that is awesome, on the other I realize I have no idea what I'd do with myself when I can't fall back on being a student anymore.

-I got very angry at a stupid Avon catalogue the other day because it was advertizing an anti-wrinkle cream recommended for people 25 years old and up. I am 25, I am not old enough to want to be thinking about wrinkle cream thankyouverymuch :p

-That's about it I think. I wish I could be around more but I can't seem to find the energy to interact with the outside world much these days. I do still wish everyone the best.

novemberrain Posted: Thu Nov 23 22:10:52 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>we know...and you didn't even make a post on the "November" thread about it...you 'lil stinker
>: )
>
>*trust it was a happy one.

It was a happy one, and a freeing one of sorts. Still feeling a bit old, but feeling better than I have in a long time.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Fri Nov 24 07:58:15 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  randumb thoughts-

i have found more and more that the longer I am in the city (Chapel Hill). The less tolerant I am of people. I've known so many *supposedly* college educated stupid people. They have no sense of life. They rely too much on their parents to pay for their expensive bills. They don't know how stupid they are. Which drives me crazy.

i didn't really like living in the woods as a child. My folks had said that our house was a sanctuary to protect us kids and them from the outside world. And being homeschooled we'd only be around homeschooled kids- for the most part. Now i'm out in the world all i want is to go back to sanctuary life. i can't deal with people anymore. they just aren't worth it.

example. one of my friends jaime was going to take over our lease and buy most of the furniture & etc. He has my laptop as he is a dj and uses it for music files and etc. He hasn't paid me for it. And i feel awkward about asking for money. But it was my fault for being trusting and stupid. I should've seen the money first and then given the computer after. *grr* he won't return my calls, emails, or messages on myspace. I'm starting to feel that it may have to get serious i.e. police. I can't trust anyone...

the collective stress from moving, packing, trying to wrestle a response out of jaime, trying to get bills paid, and just the stress of working with fucking idiots has caused me to be sicker and sicker these days. I don't ever remember being so sick even just a year or two ago. I'm sick every two/three weeks. Is that a bad thing?

i may have tb or a stomach ulcer... i cough up blood every so often... i don't know if it's a sign of either but it's a bit stressful.

on a lighter note.

my mom and dad liked puck. yay!
my dad deep fried the turkey... yuck. it was greasy and i didn't really like it. But i ate it anyway.

They gave me $200 target gift card for christmas. Which is possibly the biggest amount of money they've spent on me.

erm. this post is really long...

*wince*

oh well

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Nov 24 08:27:02 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It'll be OK Cherry, stupid people are everywhere, better get used to that.
But wonderful, kind, thoughtful, caring people are everywhere too. They just don't stick out as much as the idiots.

Coughing up blood is definitely not good, you better get it looked at.
My best uneducated guess would be an ulcer, probably due to anxiety.

Yay for Puck, yay for your parents, and yay for $200 at Target !

choke Posted: Fri Nov 24 15:11:53 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  To get rid of dreds do you have to cut them off?

And what are they like to have?

And what are they like to other people around said dredded person?

Cherry_Moon Posted: Fri Nov 24 23:57:19 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
>To get rid of dreds do you have to cut them off?

yes. i've heard of one chick actually brushing hers out. Talk about pain and agony.

i've never had them... but I've admired them on other tasty black/biracial men...
*drools* *erm* *glances over at puck and feels guilty*

Cherry_Moon Posted: Sat Nov 25 04:33:40 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ever had a song that bugged you so bad that you wanted to commit suicide with a spoon.

Seasons in the sun by Westlife is bugging the shit out of me.

and as i don't want to shell out 99 cents to purchase it.... I've been trying to hunt for a free clip. Singingfish.com.... grr deadends. pcplanets doesn't have it... i suppose maybe i'm just grumpy from staying up to 4:30am trying to find a stupid mega depressing song. About some guy's friend dying. alright. if anyone knows a link to free music... i don't want to download anything... just listen.... anyway... goodnight world... sleep well....

*burrows under multiple layers of blankets and passes out*

choke Posted: Sat Nov 25 05:32:45 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>choke said:
>
>>Am I going crazy?
>
>No...you're turning 18. Don't mean to make light of it at all, but teens and feelings of craziness go hand in hand.
>It will pass...sometime around age 35
>
>
>>Love Tiffany
>
>Love Addiany

35?!

addi Posted: Sat Nov 25 08:17:35 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:

>35?!

only 17 more years till you reach sanity
not to worry...after you turn 20 the years start flying by.
One day you're emotionally screwed up, but your body resembles the Venus de Milo, and the next day you're as emotionally stable as a rock, but your body resembles a sun dried raison.
spiffy!

Mesh Posted: Sat Nov 25 20:14:46 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I have so much treasure from my job. I have a bunch of old(like, some of them pre 20th century) that are still in pretty good condition. First editions. Rare books. I've looked some of them up, and books in bad condition for some of them are going for several hundreds of dollars. So imagine the ones I have that are still in good condition. Woooo!

I have in my hand a 1922, first edition Agnes Sapper book. I have downstairs a book printed in 1885 in very good condition. Original twining holding it together, gold still on the rims of the pages, very good.

I have many more like this. And I'll continue to collect more. And some day, I will sell them all. For much, much moneys.

Kira Posted: Sat Nov 25 23:40:26 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mr. Misses said:
>First editions. Rare books.

That is so cool. The little bibliophile and the little capitalist in my head are shaking each other and hopping up and down with joyous envy.

FN Posted: Sun Nov 26 06:01:30 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Addi's head on the venus of milo.

Is there something you'd like to tell us about your gender?

addi Posted: Sun Nov 26 07:07:42 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Addi's head on the venus of milo.
>
>Is there something you'd like to tell us about your gender?

my analogy was for females, silly man..cuz Tiff is one : )

hows this for us males?

One day you're emotionally screwed up, but your body resembles Michelangelo's David, and the next day you're as emotionally stable as a rock, but your body resembles an over cooked spaghetti noodle.

Silentmind Posted: Sun Nov 26 15:21:34 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Perhaps a little late on the randumb thoughts, but here it goes:

School has been hectic, lab finals are this week, finals a week after that

I've been trolling for summer jobs, and have been considering an interesting job from one of my math profs, despite the fact that I'm in engineering.

I find it sad that in my required arts course, I can write a better essay than the arts students in my class, and all they do is write essays.

I love the comic Pearls Before Swine

When I read about American politics, I don't know if I should cry or laugh. Usually I laugh, and then go out an utilize my free health care system here in Canada, just because I can. {not really, but...}

I find it extremely hard to think of randumb thoughts

I need to find more time to sleep

I bought a new watch today

mat_j Posted: Sun Nov 26 16:02:41 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  So i got myself a new place back in Cardiff and filled it with my papers and half drunk whiskey bottles and some martini Rossi for some reason

My nicotine stained fingers are clicking away at feature number 4 ( I might actually like this one) 28 pages (act 1) in

I have a new lady, we've been going out for a couple of months and she is amazing

I'm dissapointed with Torchwood

I've cobbled together a couple of songs and am planning on making an EP next year (Called 'The longest thing you'll ever do' featuring such songs as- The Posse, Rich Uncle Skeleton, Elephants in my pyjamas and Into the Woods) I describe it as creepy

Got a leather jacket, a mandolin, a lucky old Ten pence coin and a mini amp all for free this month.

feel like going bowling

addi Posted: Sun Nov 26 17:22:24 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Silentmind said:
>Perhaps a little late on the randumb thoughts, but here it goes:

never ever too late

>I bought a new watch today

set the timer on it daily to remind you to post here

addi Posted: Sun Nov 26 17:24:09 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:

>Got a leather jacket, a mandolin, a lucky old Ten pence coin and a mini amp all for free this month.

...and an amazing lady too.
Sounds like you're all set to weather the long winter

addi Posted: Tue Nov 28 07:41:16 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I get so busy with my work and life and daily concerns that it's easy to get lulled into believing my parents will be around forever.
...and then reality comes around and jolts me from my stupidity.
Got a phone call last night from my father. He informed me that he will undergo open heart surgury 2 days from now to try and replace a defective heart valve. He's already had to deal with cancer. Over the past few years I've seen the huge toll sickness and time have taken on the man I always looked up to.
It does absolutely no good to dwell on morbid and depressing thoughts, but I'm facing the reality that future Christmases shared with him are very limited now....and that makes me want to fully appreciate the few we still may have.

J. Posted: Tue Nov 28 10:15:56 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>I get so busy with my work and life and daily concerns that it's easy to get lulled into believing my parents will be around forever.
>...and then reality comes around and jolts me from my stupidity.
>Got a phone call last night from my father. He informed me that he will undergo open heart surgury 2 days from now to try and replace a defective heart valve. He's already had to deal with cancer. Over the past few years I've seen the huge toll sickness and time have taken on the man I always looked up to.
>It does absolutely no good to dwell on morbid and depressing thoughts, but I'm facing the reality that future Christmases shared with him are very limited now....and that makes me want to fully appreciate the few we still may have.
>
>

My heart is with you, Mr. Addi.

addi Posted: Tue Nov 28 10:29:43 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  suenos said:

>My heart is with you, Mr. Addi.

my post sounded a bit too much like "poor Addi". I understand several others here (including you) have already had to deal with such a big loss.

I just wanted to write my thoughts down for self-therapy...and perhaps indirectly to remind all of us not to take loved ones and close friends for granted.

J. Posted: Tue Nov 28 13:49:05 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mr. Addi, you're welcome. I have something to share with you.

A Million Words

It was time to go have my last words with my father. He was dying, in the bedroom he built, He built our whole house, even dug the foundation himself, with a diaper tied around his head to keep the sweat out of his eyes. He was always working on the house, more than 35 years, and he never did finish it. He was first to admit that he really didn’t know how to build a house.

When I went in to see him, he was lying in the bedroom, listening to the “People’s Court.” I remember when he always would be on those Sunday?morning television talk shows, back in the fifties and sixties. Dr. Barry, they called him. He was a Presbyterian minister, and he worked in inner?city New York. They were always asking him to be on those shows to talk about Harlem and the South Bronx, because back then he was the only white man they could find who seemed to know anything about it. I remember when he was the Quotation of the Day in the New York Times. The Rev. Dr. David W. Barry.

His friends called him Dave. “Is Dave there?” they’d ask, when they called to talk about their husbands or wives or sons or daughters who were acting crazy or drinking too much or running away. Or had died. “Dave,” they’d ask, “what can I do?” They never thought to call anybody but him. He’d sit there and listen, for hours, sometimes. He was always smoking.

The doctor told us he was dying, but we knew anyway. Almost all he said anymore was thank you, when somebody brought him shaved ice, which was mainly what he wanted, at the end. He had stopped putting his dentures in. He had stopped wearing his glasses. I remember when he yanked his glasses off and jumped in the Heyman’s pool to save me.

So I go in for my last words, because I have to go back home, and my mother and I agree I probably won’t see him again. I sit next to him on the bed, hoping he can’t see that I’m crying. “I love you, Dad,” I say. He says: “I love you, too. I’d like some oatmeal.”

So I go back out to the living room, where my mother and my wife and my son are sitting on the sofa, in a line, waiting for the outcome and I say, “He wants some oatmeal.” I am laughing and crying about this. My mother thinks maybe I should go back in and try to have a more meaningful last talk, but I don’t.

Driving home, I’m glad I didn’t. I think: He and I have been talking ever since I learned how. A million words. All of them final, now. I don’t need to make him give me any more, like souvenirs. I think: Let me not define his death on my terms. Let him have his oatmeal. I can hardly see the road.

Dave Barry

* For those who like Dave Barry, you can download some of his books here.

http://fictionbook.ru/en/author/barry_dave/dave_barry_s_greatest_hits/

addi Posted: Tue Nov 28 14:48:03 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  suenos said:
>Mr. Addi, you're welcome. I have something to share with you.

thanks, suenos..that was touching

ifihadahif Posted: Tue Nov 28 15:35:55 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  awesome Suenos, I love Dave Barry.
I miss the Dave's World TV show.

My Dad turned 79 yrs old 4 months ago.
He is very healthy but at 79, I don't know how much that matters.
This is something that's been on my mind ever since my stepmom died a few months ago.

Kira Posted: Tue Nov 28 19:00:44 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  All women's clothing is at best, rediculous, at worst, obsecene, and all of it priced three times what I would pay for it IF I wanted to dress up like a Barbie doll.

I enjoy telling people my djinn contract lawyer has an ass named Fido.

I am adding "ass named Fido" to my imaginary menagerie.

Am I the only one who thinks camels are very cool and interesting animals?

I like having warm spells in winter... mainly because I hate shoes.

I am not sure if I'm skipping martial arts class tonight because I am sick or because I am feeling discouraged.

sweet p Posted: Tue Nov 28 22:43:51 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:

>I hate shoes.

sigh. me too. mee too.

addi, i hope your father's surgery goes smoothly. i have leaks in 3 of my heart valves..it is sometimes not fun, but i haven't had to undergo surgery for it.....yet :S i hope it doesn't get that bad.
when i was little i made myself believe that heart problems were the result of loving too much. it made sense to me that old people dealt with them more, since they knew more people and had grandchildren.

beetlebum Posted: Wed Nov 29 06:06:12 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  plinker said:
>Kira said:
>
>>I hate shoes.
>
>sigh. me too. mee too.
>
>addi, i hope your father's surgery goes smoothly. i have leaks in 3 of my heart valves..it is sometimes not fun, but i haven't had to undergo surgery for it.....yet :S i hope it doesn't get that bad.
>when i was little i made myself believe that heart problems were the result of loving too much. it made sense to me that old people dealt with them more, since they knew more people and had grandchildren.
>:)
>

ohmyword that is one of the sweetest things i have ever read. no, really! uh, i don't know what to say, other than that i'm sorry to hear about your heart valves, p. i hope it doesn't get that bad, too.

addi, i hope your dad is okay and i'll be thinkin' of ya. i'm sending good vibes. wish i could do more.

addi Posted: Wed Nov 29 07:11:45 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:

>addi, i hope your dad is okay and i'll be thinkin' of ya. i'm sending good vibes. wish i could do more.

That's plenty, B-bum...you very thoughtful person : ) Since I have lost what faith I once had in the power of prayer positive vibes is all I can hope for. Once I know how things go I'll pass it on.

>plinker said:
>addi, i hope your father's surgery goes smoothly. i have leaks in 3 of my heart valves..

wow! I had no idea, p. I guess things like this can affect the young as well as the old. I'd like to ask you lots of questions about how you deal with it, but I suppose this isn't the place.
Thank you too for the warm thoughts and well wishes. Your story on why people suffer from heart problems made me think (and smile). My father made some regretable decisions earlier in his life, and has spent the past 4 decades trying to make up for them by "loving too much".

sweet p Posted: Wed Nov 29 13:02:16 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>the past 4 decades trying to make up for them by "loving too much".

that's good. better late than never, i guess.
and my heart valves are ok, actually. it just means that my heart has to work harder to do what all the other normal hearts do. it means that every now and then i will lose my breath and feel really tired when i am riding my bike or something [maybe some chest pain]. i have to be aware of endocarditis and remind my dentist when i see him. and i have an irregular heartbeat.
but other than that, i don't have to actually DEAL with it so much.

i mean, before the doctor told me about the leaks, i just thought that exerting myself made me tired..and it does.

addi Posted: Wed Nov 29 13:53:36 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  plinker said:

>and my heart valves are ok, actually.

Hmmm...

If your getting tired easily, then I'm not so sure they are functioning correctly. When they don't perform fully then the heart has to work much harder to compensate, and you can get by with that when you're younger, but it catches up with you later in life.
I'm not trying to scare you or pretend to be a heart doctor, but I hope you don't just ignore the problem.

Sorry..I'll mind my own business now :)

sweet p Posted: Wed Nov 29 16:57:59 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  : P
cancer will kill me before my own heart does!

addi Posted: Wed Nov 29 17:28:56 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  plinker said:
>: P
>cancer will kill me before my own heart does!

Well that's a relief

not!

(note to self..must have a talk with P)

Mesh Posted: Wed Nov 29 19:48:28 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  an what the fuck is going on in here im not reading all that shit

addi Posted: Wed Nov 29 20:50:28 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mr. Misses said:
>an what the fuck is going on in here im not reading all that shit

please..no cursing
this is a family site.

"Please take out the trash before you go out, Tommy."

"Fuck that shit!"

"Ach du lieber, young man! Such language! Where did you pick that up?!"

"On the forum at GT."

so always keep in mind when you're composing a post that young impressionable minds might be reading what you write...you dickwad.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Thu Nov 30 12:53:42 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I have the world's worst virus... I've been stuck in bed for the past week hobbling out only to eat and go to work.

i got all my hair hacked off and now it's about 2 inches long. I look like my little brother and it's scaring me.

winter blows

i drink 4 gallons of juice a week... i don't know why i have to drink so much. it's really better then soda. Far better taste.

i've come to the conclusion that maybe coke and pepsi DON'T taste the same... one is sweeter but i can't decide which.

steven colbert should have more speeches at the white house. :D

i can't believe that slut-tastic actress who "plays" Lonelygirl15 is on a magazine cover. i saw it at the grocery store today and it made me angry.

i'm poor. poor. poor. i don't know if i'm even going to make it out of this state. we both work our asses off and we've got nothing to show for it.

ferrets and sugar gliders are quite possibly the only pets i'll ever have. I'm finally getting one in January. We have made an arrangement with this woman who will be living near us. And I can't wait to be able to finally see our new pet.

i'm jittery about not having enough money for just about anything. i don't know how everything will work out. I hope i find someway to get things worked out.

i want a mini cooper. I saw a bunch driving around yesterday all shiny and new.

Mesh Posted: Thu Nov 30 14:17:44 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I wanna rock!

sweet p Posted: Thu Nov 30 15:30:08 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:

>winter blows

agreed.
get better soon.

>i'm poor. poor. poor. i don't know if i'm even going to make it out of this state.

how are you going to FEED your new pet?

FN Posted: Thu Nov 30 17:54:55 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=oddlyEnoughNews&storyid=2006-11-30T131339Z_01_N29184121_RTRUKOC_0_US-FIREFIGHTER-RACE.xml&rpc=92

Mesh Posted: Fri Dec 1 20:07:23 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>stupid black man story

What a bunch of horseshit. And he knows it. He just wants money.

"50 years ago we would have hung you upside down and stuck a fork in your ass!"

Mesh Posted: Fri Dec 1 22:26:11 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I hate when other men intrude on my territory. It brings out the primal instincts in me. Then I get dangerous.

Stay away from the women I like. Don't touch my food. Don't look at my favourite chair. Don't wear the same shirt I'm wearing.

I'll bite your face off.

Kira Posted: Sat Dec 2 01:21:10 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I also am very possessive of food. I was brought to tears once when someone ate my leftovers that I was looking forward to eating. I know I'll just be thrilled to have admitted this once I hit the post button.

When I was nine a moon pie helped me overcome the big milestone of being able to say "no" even to people from whom I wanted acceptance and affection. Much to the disdain of my little friend, I simply did not feel like sharing that day.

Ran-Dumb! Yeah...

sweet p Posted: Sat Dec 2 02:01:34 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  this is very relieving.
i thought i was the only foodmonster on earth.

but seriously.
i have this one friend who always needs to sample my food [and everyone else's] when we go to a restaurant. if she wants it so badly, why didn't she order it herself? also, why can't she wait until i've at least had a bite? and what is the point of labels if people are going to eat whatever they want from the fridge anyway? just because i rest my fork doesn't mean i'm finished eating. just because i'm not a giant or a man doesn't mean i should get a smaller piece of cake at family dinners. what the hell. ROAR

sweet p Posted: Sat Dec 2 02:07:27 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  also, i wonder if that man enjoyed the dog food. and maybe that's why he's so peeved.

addi Posted: Sat Dec 2 07:57:41 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  plinker said:
>this is very relieving.
>i thought i was the only foodmonster on earth.

many times I don't like what's on my plate, or there's too much of it, so I try to give it away to anyone who will take it...usually it's only my dog that's willing.

Hmmm...does that make it dogfood?

*father went through the surgery yesterday and all went well. hugs to those of you here that were sending positive vibes my way...it worked.

ifihadahif Posted: Sat Dec 2 09:41:48 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It's very possible the guy truly felt he was the victim of a racist prank, but that doesn't mean he should get millions of dollars because of it.

And just because he may have percieved it as a racist prank, that doesn't mean it was meant that way by the perpetrators.

And besides, who doesn't like to wash down the occasional dog biscuit with a starbucks regular ?

ifihadahif Posted: Sat Dec 2 09:42:59 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:

>*father went through the surgery yesterday and all went well. hugs to those of you here that were sending positive vibes my way...it worked.
>
Glad to hear it old friend.
:-)

Mesh Posted: Sat Dec 2 22:10:42 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>It's very possible the guy truly felt he was the victim of a racist prank.

Nope. It's impossible. Look it up in Funk & Wagnalls Encyclopedia iffin ya don't believe me. Proven fact.

J. Posted: Sun Dec 3 11:45:00 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>
>*father went through the surgery yesterday and all went well. hugs to those of you here that were sending positive vibes my way...it worked.

So glad to hear that.
As you know, my father wasn't as lucky. His surgery ended up in disaster. Needless to say, it was devastating to watch the entire operation and to witness his death right before of my eyes. Nothing can describe the helpless feeling, the loss, and the guilt.

To the rest of you guys:

I think racial prejudice is something you guys (Caucasian)can never fully understand. It is hurtful and damaging more than you can imagine. No court will award such amount of money base on just one incident. I've been prejudiced against all my life. And at times I even felt my own safety (and even my life) was threatened. I would never live in a small town. Take my advice, if your skin color is anything but white, stay away from Reedsport, Oregon, USA. I almost got killed in that town. (And the police didn't do a damn thing about it, except covering for each other and their own relatives'asses.)

addi Posted: Tue Dec 5 10:03:08 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  put up the lights and ornaments on my tree last night, with classical christmas music playing on the stereo.
the only things missing were a fire in the fireplace, eggnog, and a plinker under the mistletoe.

this time of year always brings back such nostalgic family memories

sweet p Posted: Wed Dec 6 21:57:19 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  glad do hear about your dad, addi.

addi Posted: Thu Dec 7 06:36:25 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  sweet p said:
>glad do hear about your dad, addi.

hugs, P
thank you

Kira Posted: Thu Dec 7 21:56:45 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It's hard to resist some of the bootleg goodies on eBay when the fakes all range from 25% - 50% cheaper than the genuine article.

Especially when the seller's all like, NOT A BOOTLEG! TRUST MEEEE!

But dammit if I don't disapprove.

Also, has anyone noticed that those 'icicle' Christmas lights are starting to look less like icicles and more like white glowing lace? Or am I just imagining things? I liked them better eight years ago.

Addison, I had not read your posts about your dad before. I'm glad he came through all right.

addi Posted: Fri Dec 8 06:27:30 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:

>Addison, I had not read your posts about your dad before. I'm glad he came through all right.

thanks much Kira.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Fri Dec 8 19:31:47 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  sweet p said:
>how are you going to FEED your new pet?

i take care of everything else before me...

the pet, puck, the apartment, the bills will all be taken care of. if i have to half starve in the meantime... so be it.

addi Posted: Mon Dec 11 10:26:19 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Santa Baby!

Hmm...

Santa....maybe
Santa sleigh me
Santa, pay me!
Santa, Oy vey!
Santa lay me!
Santa Booby
Santa, oh oui!

kurohyou Posted: Mon Dec 11 16:28:01 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  The first five things that come to mind...

I have some how managed to grow not one but two 2'+ tall bamboo plants on my desk using nothing but the nasty flourscent lighting in our office. I've had to repot them twice, and may have to do it a third time....

It would seem as though evangelical pastors too have their vices, in colorado it seems to be other men and meth. Talk about the pot and the freaking kettle....

The little measuring cup on the Nyquil bottle, if use may drastically reduce the chances for a Nyquil hangover. I only say this because I have a Nyquil hangover and my head is still numb, going on 18 hours since my last dose. Capital "N" small "y" Big fuckin' "Q!!!"...

I think the world is quickly approaching a state of critical mass and will soon blow up. If it does, I hope that Atlanta is still around, and I can crash on Addi's couch because i've never seen Atlanta...or addi's couch...

Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb are not in my office today and its silent...I don't know how to react... I'm a little nervous now...

Okay I'm done.

Not that it matters...

addi Posted: Mon Dec 11 17:03:21 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  kurohyou said:

>I think the world is quickly approaching a state of critical mass and will soon blow up. If it does, I hope that Atlanta is still around, and I can crash on Addi's couch because i've never seen Atlanta...or addi's couch...

you're out of luck my friend. Atlanta will be the first place to go. It's a damn shame too because I have a lovely cozy leather couch, and I'd love to have you visit....we could talk about evengelical pastors while drinking Nyquil.

beetlebum Posted: Mon Dec 11 17:23:33 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>kurohyou said:
>
>>I think the world is quickly approaching a state of critical mass and will soon blow up. If it does, I hope that Atlanta is still around, and I can crash on Addi's couch because i've never seen Atlanta...or addi's couch...
>
>you're out of luck my friend. Atlanta will be the first place to go. It's a damn shame too because I have a lovely cozy leather couch, and I'd love to have you visit....we could talk about evengelical pastors while drinking Nyquil.

you boys sure know how to party. ;o)

kurohyou Posted: Mon Dec 11 17:46:38 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:
>addi said:
>>kurohyou said:
>>
>>>I think the world is quickly approaching a state of critical mass and will soon blow up. If it does, I hope that Atlanta is still around, and I can crash on Addi's couch because i've never seen Atlanta...or addi's couch...
>>
>>you're out of luck my friend. Atlanta will be the first place to go. It's a damn shame too because I have a lovely cozy leather couch, and I'd love to have you visit....we could talk about evengelical pastors while drinking Nyquil.
>
>you boys sure know how to party. ;o)

so do evangelical pastors in colorado apparently...

Not that it matters...

kurohyou Posted: Mon Dec 11 17:47:57 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>kurohyou said:
>
>>I think the world is quickly approaching a state of critical mass and will soon blow up. If it does, I hope that Atlanta is still around, and I can crash on Addi's couch because i've never seen Atlanta...or addi's couch...
>
>you're out of luck my friend. Atlanta will be the first place to go. It's a damn shame too because I have a lovely cozy leather couch, and I'd love to have you visit....we could talk about evengelical pastors while drinking Nyquil.

That would be a short conversation because NyQuil knocks me the fuck out... 30 sec's bam I'm in the coma... Its awesome.

Not that it matters...

addi Posted: Tue Dec 12 15:48:59 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  "Tree Fidy"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxt--a-8JF0&mode=related&search=

I swear I laugh till I'm in tears and it hurts every time I see this Southpark clip.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]