Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

When it all begins to tremble
choke Posted: Sat Dec 16 15:10:54 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I come from a town where deer run scared
Instead of picking their way through streetlights
And watching cars with amiable stares-
Where hooves skitter slick on stones
As we tremble at their flight
And the forest pounds a recall
Where we don't catch quivering eyes like homeless holding signs
To explain again
The End Is Nigh
Deer moved from the trees to the streets to tell us
Well Of Course We Don't Belong
But Where Else Can We Go
And horns are held,
Response to a mournful gaze
A prophet says this is temporary,
We See With Soft Brown Eyes
You Lose Every Day
To The Metal and Stone You Live Inside-
Starving Not For What You Want But
Ignorance Of What You Need And
One Day You Will Die And
Sometimes So Do We
But Not In The Finality That You Seek
So That We Remain
To Pick Amongst the Twisted Steel
Lean Against Your War Scored Forms
To Pull Gently At The Grass Through Cracks In Concrete-
Because We May Be Out Of Place-
Waiting For The Lights To Turn
But You With Your Stares Are More Out Of Place
Than You Could Ever Know
And Soon This City Will Be Ours.

J. Posted: Sat Dec 16 15:48:06 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  A few years back, a huge deer ran into a friend of mine as he was on his way to work. Don't know how it happened, but the deer went through the windshield, landed on the back seat, and my friend ended up in the hospital with a severe skull fracture, broken knees, and cuts everywhere on his face.

The car was totaled. Thank God he was the only one on the road that morning.

choke Posted: Sat Dec 16 20:07:46 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  suenos said:
>A few years back, a huge deer ran into a friend of mine as he was on his way to work. Don't know how it happened, but the deer went through the windshield, landed on the back seat, and my friend ended up in the hospital with a severe skull fracture, broken knees, and cuts everywhere on his face.
>
>The car was totaled. Thank God he was the only one on the road that morning.
>

Yeah I noticed this a lot while I was overseas, they just wander over highways and walk around populated areas

FN Posted: Sun Dec 17 07:04:39 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Die hippy die!

I get what you're saying though, but if I'm going down I'm taking all the deer with me

addi Posted: Sun Dec 17 09:07:41 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  excellent poem, tiff.

It' nice to see someone posting their creations here again.

choke Posted: Mon Dec 18 05:32:36 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Die hippy die!
>
>
>
>I get what you're saying though, but if I'm going down I'm taking all the deer with me

*hides deer in pocket*

Not ALL of them.

FN Posted: Mon Dec 18 06:36:22 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Aha, now the pieces of the puzzle start to fit together!

The annihilation of all deer on earth was just an elaborate scheme to get me in your pants!

choke Posted: Mon Dec 18 14:25:34 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Aha, now the pieces of the puzzle start to fit together!
>
>The annihilation of all deer on earth was just an elaborate scheme to get me in your pants!

Ah, foiled again!

*P.S. that picture of the overloaded ball of cuteness bunny is now my desktop

FN Posted: Mon Dec 18 14:29:09 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  They never fail to get the oestrogen a-pumpin'

kurohyou Posted: Mon Dec 18 14:50:17 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  suenos said:
>A few years back, a huge deer ran into a friend of mine as he was on his way to work. Don't know how it happened, but the deer went through the windshield, landed on the back seat, and my friend ended up in the hospital with a severe skull fracture, broken knees, and cuts everywhere on his face.
>
>The car was totaled. Thank God he was the only one on the road that morning.
>

I have heard that you can be killed by hitting a deer in that same manner. My dad pointed out something to me interesting and that is if the deer does come through your window, and it doesn't die, it will kick the crap out of you trying to get out. Needless to say I will take my chances with the trees, gaurdrails, or oncoming traffic before I hit a deer, provided that I have any choice in the matter.

For what it's worth...

addi Posted: Mon Dec 18 15:47:35 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  kurohyou said:

>My dad pointed out something to me interesting and that is if the deer does come through your window, and it doesn't die, it will kick the crap out of you trying to get out.

In certain parts of Atlanta deer will come through your window, pull a gun on you, take your money, and then kick the crap out of you.

I heard it on Fox

J. Posted: Mon Dec 18 16:00:42 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  My Dad said that if you see a big animal (especially deer) on the road, first thing to do is turning off your headlights immediately. Try to slow down to a complete stop, don't do anything that'll scare him such as honking or ... cussing *lol*. Wait for it to get off the road before you start moving.

I've done exactly what my Dad instructed, and was able to avoid getting hurt or killed in a car-deer collison accident several times before. But I was lucky that the deer was like 200-300 ft away from me. I wouldn't know what to do if he suddenly jumps right out in front of my car (besides slamming on the brake.)

We almost ran into a gigantic carribou while we were in Alaska. It was real late at night, and my Dad missed him like 8-10 inches. Scary, but bears are worst.

kurohyou Posted: Mon Dec 18 16:47:57 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  suenos said:

>We almost ran into a gigantic carribou while we were in Alaska. It was real late at night, and my Dad missed him like 8-10 inches. Scary, but bears are worst.

My kids and I happened upon a bear while driving back from a family gathering earlier this year. It was strangely surreal because I had never seen a bear outside of the zoo before. We were driving along and this thing came lumbering out of the woods and onto the street. My first reaction was to stop and then thought better of it. This thing was huge too. I was driving my Accord and it was just a little bit smaller than my car. My kids thought it was awesome.

It saw us, turned and ran, I drove very slowly because I didn't want it to think that I was chasing it. It took off right and into a residential area at which point I called the Sheriff's office because, well I didn't know who else to call. They connected me with the Division of Wildlife who said that as long as it was not digging through trash or eating some guy's horse, they just let them roam about and that there were 60 - 70 in that region.

So that has been my closest encounter with a bear. One ran across our path on the way up to Mt Handies, a few months later but it was a smaller one. Though it did prompt us to sleep in the pathfinder instead of pitching the tent at the base of the mountain.

For what it's worth...

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]