Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Respect
~Just Imagine~ Posted: Thu Dec 21 13:31:30 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  http://cjcphoto.com/can/

No other words for it : Respect!

This really moved me

FN Posted: Thu Dec 21 13:58:11 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I laughed so hard at the sheer absurdity of it, and now kind of feel bad about it

Mark Posted: Thu Dec 21 16:12:43 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Respect indeed. No other words are needed

boondock743 Posted: Thu Dec 21 18:48:16 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  man, it normaly takes alot to make me emotional when i watch videos and stuff but, that almost made me cry, not because of the whole idea entirely but because it made me think of sumthin from my own life.

thnx i needed that

boondock743 Posted: Thu Dec 21 18:49:06 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  a little realization every now and then does you good

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Dec 21 20:56:05 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It did make me cry.
As a father of three, and a grandfather of a disabled child it hit very close to home.
Thank you JustImagine, I saved it and sent it out to everyone in my address book.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Thu Dec 21 21:20:56 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i cried as well. There is fatherly love at its very best. Thanks for the link. It touched me.

innocenceNonus Posted: Thu Dec 21 22:26:13 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i cried too...

thank you!

but i also laughed at christophe...

so i dunno if this makes me a decent person or a big fat jerk...

FN Posted: Fri Dec 22 05:59:33 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  The laughing was not at the person in question, just at the absurdity of the situation. It's like laughing at funerals, I can't help it.

I guess it's part uneasiness and part the sense of humour that sees it as a satirical cartoon or something

innocenceNonus Posted: Sat Dec 23 03:07:54 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  to add on to the list of other inappropriate times to laugh:

in cars with strangers
in class with strangers
whenever i'm by myself surrounded by strangers
during serious, sad parts in movies if the lines are bad [especially if people are crying]
during class when the professor says something funny [but isn't trying to be funny...]

as a side note, i have a very recognizable and very LOUD laugh. it can be heard across a restaurant, throughout a movie theater, and typically by everyone within a two block radius if I'm outside...

Cherry_Moon Posted: Sat Dec 23 05:35:49 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  innocenceNonus said:
>as a side note, i have a very recognizable and very LOUD laugh. it can be heard across a restaurant, throughout a movie theater, and typically by everyone within a two block radius if I'm outside...

ditto. my mother tried to get me to shut up and stop laughing so loud. So i just stopped laughing. grr.

innocenceNonus Posted: Sun Dec 24 00:59:29 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i was told by my grandmother earlier this year that a lady doesn't laugh so loud... and that if i wanted to find a nice husband, i shouldn't be so noisy.

that i should instead be charming and demure and quiet.

><

choke Posted: Sun Dec 24 04:55:04 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  My mother always asks me how I'm going to find a husband after I burp :P

ifihadahif Posted: Sun Dec 24 09:16:27 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
>My mother always asks me how I'm going to find a husband after I burp :P
>
Depends on how far into the alphabet you can get.
LOL

Cherry_Moon Posted: Sun Dec 24 09:44:20 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  innocenceNonus said:
>i should instead be charming and demure and quiet.

erm. that's not me. i'm not quiet or demure. Bah. If a guy doesn't like you for you (inculding the loud laugh which if he loves you he won't care) then fuck him. Better off just chillin out with friends.

old timers are old timers. what was true then is not true 2 generations down the line.

innocenceNonus Posted: Mon Dec 25 16:28:07 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i agree.

but i have a feeling her words ring a little more true than i want to think. there's a reason that most of the girls i know who are highly admired by men have that one thing in common...

the weird sixth sense to always be cute and coy and just a touch flirtatious whenever a y chromosome is hanging around.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]