Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Telemarketers
innocenceNonus Posted: Tue Jan 2 22:08:59 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I dunno everyone's stance on telemarketers; personally, i just think that they're just trying to make a dollar [and i usually feel bad for them because everyone always hates them].

anyway, all that aside, got this off a friend and thought i'd share. it's a phone prank on an unsusppecting telemarketer.

http://howtoprankatelemarketer.ytmnd.com/

addi Posted: Wed Jan 3 06:39:17 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I know where you're coming from. They're just trying to make a buck and get by, usually on a low salary doing a crappy job.
Two times in my life I worked the phones at a job....and it really sucked. I try to remember that when I get them now and won't get nasty unless they refuse to hear my "No..I'm not interested".

A few years ago I put my phone number on the National No Call list, and also having caller ID showing on my phone has really cut down the number of telemarketing calls I pick up now.

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Wed Jan 3 10:56:28 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I will actually not even take the time to say I'm not intrested and just end the conversation...

Now I feel bad, but hey they are soooo annoying!

And ow, I did like the joke thing :)

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Jan 3 16:01:09 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I feel bad that there is someone out there that has a really shitty job like telemarketing, but it doesn't change the fact that they irk the shit out of me.
I just hang up on them.
If they keep me on their call list, then I get rude with them.
If they still keep me on their call list, then I get obscene with them. Usually that does the trick.
I haven't had to threaten anyone for a long long time.

Billy Pilgrim Posted: Wed Jan 3 16:13:51 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Telemarkets, they're fucking cunts really aren't they?

mat_j Posted: Wed Jan 3 16:15:33 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Amen Billy.

I worked for a telemarketing company for three days in those day i saw more people take speed in an office than i'd ever seen do it in a club, i made my team leader cry because i refused to call anyone and she might lose her bonus and during my interview the manager chugged a can of booze.

Fucking cunts and no mistake

Kira Posted: Wed Jan 3 21:07:53 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I had a three minute conversation with a telemarketer once. It was such a riot, I actually adopted a whole new persona for the purposes of that one phone call. He was a nice enough guy too and I didn't have to hang up on him.

J. Posted: Thu Jan 4 11:06:54 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  

I don't hang up on telemarketers. I used to say, "Sir, I am in the middle of something, would you please hold for a sec?", then I just put the phone down and walked away.

It's a horrible job, some of them can be so annoying but I think most of them don't like what they do, but have to to make a living. I don't get mad or hate them. Thank God I have never had to work as a telemarketer.

FN Posted: Thu Jan 4 11:20:08 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I enjoy keeping them on the line as long as possible and small talk them.

With pretty hilarious results sometimes.

libra Posted: Thu Jan 4 11:33:03 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  aww. baby kitty.

(for lack of a better place to say this, and because i have to leave in a minute, I wanted to let you guys know i'll be gone for the next few days in Vancouver. Talk to you all later!)

FN Posted: Thu Jan 4 11:59:51 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>aww. baby kitty.

Brilliant isn't it. The women can look at the baby kitty, the men can look at the bra-less breasts

FN Posted: Thu Jan 4 12:00:07 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Be safe

mat_j Posted: Sat Jan 6 21:37:34 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Seriously tho' telemarketers succesful ones at least are in employment of the devil! We should cull them!

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]