Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

What I had for lunch today
ifihadahif Posted: Thu Jan 4 12:53:15 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I had an awesome lunch today.
It was leftover roast pork, mashed potatoes, and sauerkraut with an apple for dessert.

What did you have ?

addi Posted: Thu Jan 4 13:28:15 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  sounds yummy...cept for the sauerkraut : )

just finished mine...t'was leftovers too.

charcoal grilled filet mignon covered in Pickapeppa sause from Jamaica, twice baked cheese and garlic baked potato, green beans, and washed it down with a tiny glass of Smoking Loon chardonnay (working still today).

All in all quite delicious

J. Posted: Thu Jan 4 13:32:18 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  

3-4 bites of shrimp scampi
few pieces of steammed mixed veggies
1/2 plate of ceasar salad
a cup of clam chowder
2 bites of strawberry tiramisu (yummy, but a bit too sweet)
1/2 glass of Pol Roger 1995 Brut chardonnay (good stuff, I just can't handle more than 1/2 glass of wine. My bro drank the rest as always!)

addi Posted: Thu Jan 4 13:54:17 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  suenos said:

>a cup of clam chowder

that's pronounced "chowdah"!

: )

J. Posted: Thu Jan 4 14:20:37 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>suenos said:
>
>>a cup of clam chowder
>
>that's pronounced "chowdah"!
>
>: )
>

Thank you!

God, it's been so long. I can't remember the last time I spoke English.

*LOL*

innocenceNonus Posted: Thu Jan 4 18:06:51 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  really bad airport food...

: (

took my mom and sister to the airport today... my dad and i seperate ways on saturday.

and i know that this would be a "part of life" going to an out of state school a country's length away but... i dunno. i won't be back for spring break; can't even stop in the state. and chances are i won't be back for summer.

and it's a little sad/ weird that i won't be seeing my family for what might be an entire year. i mean, after seeing them every day of my life for 18+ years, i've gone to seeing them for only a few months out of the year in just a few years and now i'm possibly not seeing them again for a year at a time.

i dunno. i realize that being able to see them and knowing that they're there is a blessing as is, but more and more i feel like i'm growing up faster than i'd like... and i feel like i'm trying to grab at these wisps... these ghosts of memories... of time and emotional bonds, but they just keep slipping away from me.

is this what it's like to grow up?? i mean... becoming mature/ maturing is one thing... but "growing up" is different [for me anyways...].

i dunno. sorry to get all kinda weepy and emo.

[insert: Cheer up, emo-kid! Somewhere in the world, the sun is shining!
emo kid says: yeah, and lots of people are dying

.... i just had a mini conversation with myself. maybe i'm NOT growing up too fast... meh]

addi Posted: Thu Jan 4 18:37:16 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  change just plain sucks sometimes...and the transition away from home and family can be hard and sad.

I feel that same way even now (I'm just a few years older than you)when I drive away from home every christmas...knowing that it will at least be a year or longer before I see my family again.

The positive thing is that you have a loving caring family. These days not everyone can say that...and that's much sadder.
Take heart that soon you'll be adjusting to sunny college life again and all will be well, knowing in your heart that all back home in atlanta will be waiting to hug and greet you once again.

beetlebum Posted: Thu Jan 4 18:47:12 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i've had loads of experience being away from home- when i was 18 i lived in france for a year and only got to speak to my family (and thus, english) once a month. it was rough, but i made it through. :) it may be difficult, but i'm sure you'll be fine... hang in there.

and to the left you'll find a bit of graffiti found on a grotty highway underpass in blackbird leys, england, the grottiest place EVER. apparently some punk (i don't think an emo kid would survive in such a rough environment) thought he would reach out that day. it made me smile. :)

good luck!

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Jan 4 18:52:45 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  innocenceNonus said:
>really bad airport food...
>
>: (
>
>took my mom and sister to the airport today... my dad and i seperate ways on saturday.
>
>and i know that this would be a "part of life" going to an out of state school a country's length away but... i dunno. i won't be back for spring break; can't even stop in the state. and chances are i won't be back for summer.
>
>and it's a little sad/ weird that i won't be seeing my family for what might be an entire year. i mean, after seeing them every day of my life for 18+ years, i've gone to seeing them for only a few months out of the year in just a few years and now i'm possibly not seeing them again for a year at a time.
>
>i dunno. i realize that being able to see them and knowing that they're there is a blessing as is, but more and more i feel like i'm growing up faster than i'd like... and i feel like i'm trying to grab at these wisps... these ghosts of memories... of time and emotional bonds, but they just keep slipping away from me.
>
>is this what it's like to grow up?? i mean... becoming mature/ maturing is one thing... but "growing up" is different [for me anyways...].
>
>i dunno. sorry to get all kinda weepy and emo.
>
>[insert: Cheer up, emo-kid! Somewhere in the world, the sun is shining!
>emo kid says: yeah, and lots of people are dying
>
>.... i just had a mini conversation with myself. maybe i'm NOT growing up too fast... meh]
>
As you grow up you'll come to know time spent with family as something precious instead of something you've done every day for 18yrs.
Savor every moment you can, because nothing lasts forever. My wife and I spend a few special days every year at the graveyard visiting our loved ones.

DanSRose Posted: Thu Jan 4 20:20:33 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  A crappy diner burger and a coke. bleh

innocenceNonus Posted: Thu Jan 4 23:54:54 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  thanks for all the encouragement, guys. : )

gt family rocks too. lol. and a lot more easier to move around with.

CorDrine Posted: Fri Jan 5 00:40:15 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Fish burger and green bean soup, yucks!

Cherry_Moon Posted: Fri Jan 5 02:52:41 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  lunch?

what's that? I eat one meal most days. today i had a fresh homemade melon, blueberry, and strawberry sorbet...

and erm... more sugar.

don't worry innocence i'm emo too. but do cheer up. at least you are getting a college eduation funded in part by your folks.

my folks have decided inspite of my good grades and strong desire for an education they will have nothing to do with helping me through it. which is why meals come every so often. i work instead of eat. and sleep instead of being able to attend classes. have fun at college. i've stopped feeling homesick for a little while now.

lunches are optional... but not recommended as such...

choke Posted: Sat Jan 6 15:13:20 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mrs.Goodfellow said:
>lunch?
>

Avocado sandwiches. The only lunch worth having.

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Sat Jan 6 17:37:21 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  My breakfast is lunch
I really should get up much sooner, but the idea of getting up for studying doesn't appeal that much, so I'll keep on dreaming :)

Note to myself: I really should study more

mat_j Posted: Sat Jan 6 21:41:58 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  a ham sandwich, just a ham sandwich, whilst Addison is gorging himself on fillet mignons and pouring chardonay down his throat i'm eating a ham sandwich in the park with my lovely lady.

addi Posted: Sat Jan 6 21:54:39 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>a ham sandwich, just a ham sandwich, whilst Addison is gorging himself on fillet mignons and pouring chardonay down his throat i'm eating a ham sandwich in the park with my lovely lady.

Why do I feel guilty now?
Does it help if I told you I actually ate a leftover slice of pizza and popcorn for lunch today...and that it gave me a stomachache, and I ate it alone?

maybeitwillwork Posted: Sat Jan 6 22:19:15 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Lunch today was a Naked juice, I don't even remember which one, that's all I had time for. :(

novemberrain Posted: Sun Jan 7 13:00:41 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm trying to decide what to have for lunch.

turkey burger, soup and grilled cheese, or grilled chicken sandwich?

Cherry_Moon Posted: Sun Jan 7 14:30:21 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
>Avocado sandwiches. The only lunch worth having.

good thing i don't have lunch then.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]