Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Just stumbled across this one
ifihadahif Posted: Fri Jan 5 13:07:00 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I just stumbled across this old gem and the first thing I thought of was "damn, I've got to post these lyrics on GT.
This one brought back some fine memories for me:

Poems, Prayers And Promises
by John Denver

Iíve been lately thinking about my lifeís time, all the things Iíve done and how itís been. And I canít help believing in my own mind, I know Iím gonna hate to see it end. Iíve seen a lot of sunshine, slept out in the rain, spent a night or two all on my own. Iíve known my ladyís pleasures, had myself some friends, spent a time or two in my own home.

I have to say it now, itís been good life all in all, itís really fine to have a chance to hang around. And lie there by the fire and watch the evening tire while all my friends and my old lady sit and pass a pipe around.

And talk of poems and prayers and promises and things that we believe in. How sweet it is to love someone, how right it is to care. How long itís been since yesterday, what about tomorrow and what about our dreams and all the memories we share?

Days they pass so quickly now, the nights are seldom long. Time around me whispers when itís cold. The changes somehow frighten me, still I have to smile. It turns me on to think of growing old. For though my lifeís been good to me thereís still so much to do.So many things my mind has never known.Iíd like to raise a family, Iíd like to sail away, and dance across the mountains on the moon.

I have to say it now, itís been good life all in all, itís really fine to have a chance to hang around.And lie there by the fire and watch the evening tire while all my friends and my old lady sit and pass a pipe around.

And talk of poems and prayers and promises and things that we believe in. How sweet it is to love someone, how right it is to care. How long itís been since yesterday, what about tomorrow and what about our dreams and all the memories we share?

addi Posted: Fri Jan 5 14:31:09 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>Days they pass so quickly now, the nights are seldom long. Time around me whispers when itís cold. The changes somehow frighten me, still I have to smile.

so true for me.

remember singing to this one years ago.

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Jan 5 14:56:57 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>ifihadahif said:
>
>>Days they pass so quickly now, the nights are seldom long. Time around me whispers when itís cold. The changes somehow frighten me, still I have to smile.
>
>
>so true for me.
>
>remember singing to this one years ago.
>
He had to have been in his twenties when he wrote this. What's up with that ?
If I didn't know better, I would think these lyrics were from someone on the north end of middle age.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]