Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Ms. Pelosi's open, honest, ethical house
ifihadahif Posted: Fri Jan 12 14:24:26 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  http://washingtontimes.com/national/20070112-120720-2734r.htm

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Jan 12 14:27:22 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Interesting . . . .

Billionaire owner of Snapple, Arby's, and TJ cinnimon, Nelson Peltz is currently locked into a proxy battle with H.J. Heinz Corporations board of directors. When Heinz sold StarKist to Del Monte, the terms resulted in Heinz stockholders becoming 74.5% owners of the new Del Monte. Peltz, H.J. Heinz' principle non-family shareholder, is attempting to increase his influence within the company by obtaining another proxy seat. To better his cause, Peltz has enlisted the help of business/real estate investor Paul Pelosi, Nancy's husband. Paul Pelosi's portfiolio includes 3 huge Napa Valley properties in addition to a 17 million dollar position in the H.J. Heinz corporation.

addi Posted: Fri Jan 12 14:39:54 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  So where has all this righteous indignation been hiding the past 13 years regarding ethical practices in congress?
I'll check your past threads...

(some time later)

hmm...there doesn't seem to be any, and with so much scandal and dishonesty to choose from too.

Quite puzzling

addi Posted: Fri Jan 12 14:52:01 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  "I am shocked," said Rep. Eric Cantor, Virginia Republican and his party's chief deputy whip,"

he should have added... "If Republicans still had control of the house there wouldn't be a hike in the minimum wage for anybody!"

: )

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Jan 12 15:19:18 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  What righteous indignation ?
I was merely intimating that the more things change, the more they stay the same.
I will say this though, it will take a helluva lot of leverage to get this on the the front page of the New York Times and the LA Times, but they had plenty of space to devote to Valerie Plame.

Posted: Fri Jan 12 16:43:07 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  you two are sweet on each other

I can tell.

addi Posted: Fri Jan 12 17:04:25 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>What righteous indignation ?
>I was merely intimating that the more things change, the more they stay the same.

true. And if citizen Democrats think it's all going to be squeeky clean and wholesome now they're in for a rude awakening. As for me, i'm just realistically hoping for an improvement over the recent past.

addi Posted: Fri Jan 12 17:06:36 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:
>you two are sweet on each other

Southern boys like to fight, but in the end it's always a handshake over a beer

: )

*and I'm so sweet on your beard

beetlebum Posted: Fri Jan 12 18:09:31 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>CriminalSaint said:
>>you two are sweet on each other
>
>
>Southern boys like to fight, but in the end it's always a handshake over a beer
>
>: )
>
>
>*and I'm so sweet on your beard

me too, phil! me too. :)

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Jan 12 21:53:59 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>ifihadahif said:
>>What righteous indignation ?
>>I was merely intimating that the more things change, the more they stay the same.
>
>true. And if citizen Democrats think it's all going to be squeeky clean and wholesome now they're in for a rude awakening. As for me, i'm just realistically hoping for an improvement over the recent past.
>
There will be no improvement, Ms. Pelosi is going to prove to be as inept a politician as is possible.
The only thing she has going for her now is the press is in love with her.
She's already shot herself in both feet and her first week is yet to be over.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]