Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Jailbait
FN Posted: Sat Jan 13 14:40:00 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  http://www.zipperfish.com/free/quiz/jailbait2004.php

addi Posted: Sat Jan 13 18:14:22 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hmmm...
I going to pretend I never took that quiz

:(

Cherry_Moon Posted: Sat Jan 13 21:20:58 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  females with no real meat on them are just plain gross....

addi Posted: Sat Jan 13 23:28:44 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I feel the same way about females with vegitables on them

Mark Posted: Sun Jan 14 04:31:11 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  LOL @ addi

Made me think of a story I heard. You know that Americans next top model... In germany they have also such a show and Heidi Klum, the "top model", said a girl that was 172 cm tall and weight 52 kilograms was overweighted... I would say that girl needed to eat some more fat food!

Isn't it gross that it is considered "beautiful" to be so thin that an eight year old has more shape in her body (I know... dangerous statement).

FN Posted: Sun Jan 14 06:39:57 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Meh, when it comes down to it guys prefer non-fat women.

And seriously, it's not like women would prefer dick cheney over "insert teen female desire with a funky name here".

Mark Posted: Sun Jan 14 07:05:56 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe, there is a difference between non-fat as you call it and plain skinny. I indeed do not prefer women to be as large as the house I live in, but women that have a figure would be nice. And that figure is shaped by bodyfat, or with muscles if in the right proportion. A female figure, in my opinion, isn't shaped by the bones that are so much sticking out I can count all of them.

addi Posted: Sun Jan 14 07:31:59 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  The "Ideal" woman has changed over the centuries, and varies according to cultures...from being Rubenesque to Twiggy like in body shape in Western cultures.

It would be hypocritical of me to downplay the importance of physical beauty, but I'm convinced 80% of sexual attractiveness is located in our brains, meaning that a woman be can large, but have a "mental quality" about her (for lack of a better word) that exudes sensuality. Likewise you can have a woman that fits the ideal body shape, but has very little sexual attractiveness to her.

Ultimately, the "ideal" woman for any male is the one that's ideal to him...and that can cover a broad range of body shapes.

FN Posted: Sun Jan 14 07:47:28 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>The "Ideal" woman has changed over the centuries, and varies according to cultures...from being Rubenesque to Twiggy like in body shape in Western cultures.

True, and the reason is simple: men prefer women that show that they're in a position where they can afford to be the way they are.

In some cultures where there is almost no food, a fat woman is a sign of status on her part and on the part of the people associated with her.

In western culture, where food and fat people are abundant, it shows restraint from a woman to not go down that slippery slope.

It's not only that, take the shift between pale skin and a tan. Not all that long ago having a pale skin meant you didn't have to work in the fields and was a sign of status, today a tan shows that you can afford to spend time in the sun or spend time lying under one of those lamp things (don't know the english translation).

And we all know the pictures of women with disks in their lips or rings around their necks to elongate them. Interestingly enough, the ring thing was supposedly introduced to make the women of those specific tribes only attractive to the tribes themselves so they wouldn't be "stolen" by men from other tribes. Over time it became a sign of endurance and perseverance on the part of a woman which are desirable qualities given their enviroment.

Anyway, I agree that the cultural part is one thing, but in our day and age something else is added to the mix: an understanding of biology in the sense that fat people are associated with heart disease and diabetes (and granted, too skinny people are associated with annorexia nervosa and boulemia sometimes, but you have to be much more "skinny" than "fat" before you get labeled as unhealthy).

>a woman be can large, but have a "mental quality" about her (for lack of a better word) that exudes sensuality. Likewise you can have a woman that fits the ideal body shape, but has very little sexual attractiveness to her.

I agree that obviously the mere fact of being skinny doesn't make a woman attractive, but chosing between fat or skinny you'll go for skinny probably.

>Ultimately, the "ideal" woman for any male is the one that's ideal to him...and that can cover a broad range of body shapes.

Yeah, you have all kinds of freaks (feeders for example http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feeder_%28fetish%29 )

But I agree, a normal proportionate body is in the end the most attractive, and if that isn't an option my money is on skinny when it comes to general preference.

addi Posted: Sun Jan 14 08:09:29 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:

>Yeah, you have all kinds of freaks (feeders for example http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feeder_%28fetish%29 )

Now that's one fetish I had never heard of. Definately not my cup of tea.
: )

anyway there's a big difference between the the ideal woman and bizarre sexual turn-ons. They're two separate topics.

libra Posted: Sun Jan 14 14:20:05 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I know you guys all don't mean this, but your current conversation sounds a little unsettling to me...objectifying women in a "positive" way is still objectification....

FN Posted: Sun Jan 14 14:35:02 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  In a positive way how?

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Sun Jan 14 14:39:38 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I agree with Libra
There's something unsetteling in this conversation ...

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Sun Jan 14 14:40:08 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  and in christophes picture too

FN Posted: Sun Jan 14 14:45:28 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ~Just Imagine~ said:
>and in christophes picture too

Whatever do you mean?

addi Posted: Sun Jan 14 16:47:30 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ~Just Imagine~ said:
>and in christophes picture too

lol!!

but it's funny : )

addi Posted: Sun Jan 14 16:50:24 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ~Just Imagine~ said:
>I agree with Libra
>There's something unsetteling in this conversation ...

so if it was a thread about what traits females are attracted to in males then that would be fine?

libra Posted: Sun Jan 14 18:22:50 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>~Just Imagine~ said:
>>I agree with Libra
>>There's something unsetteling in this conversation ...
>
>so if it was a thread about what traits females are attracted to in males then that would be fine?
>
>

no.

but i can't imagine a thread where the girls talk about ONLY physical traits that they think are attractive in a guy...

i could see talking about what one personally likes as far as looks/personality goes, but trying to put together an ideal picture of a woman based on her level of body fat is demeaning.

No woman wants to hear a guy explaining how much fat she's "allowed" to have before she becomes gross.

addi Posted: Sun Jan 14 18:39:01 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:

>No woman wants to hear a guy explaining how much fat she's "allowed" to have before she becomes gross.

addi said:

>It would be hypocritical of me to downplay the importance of physical beauty, but I'm convinced 80% of sexual attractiveness is located in our brains,

>Ultimately, the "ideal" woman for any male is the one that's ideal to him...and that can cover a broad range of body shapes.

So please point out exactly where I was saying that..I must have missed it

libra Posted: Sun Jan 14 19:36:55 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>libra said:
>
>
>>No woman wants to hear a guy explaining how much fat she's "allowed" to have before she becomes gross.
>
>
>addi said:
>
>>It would be hypocritical of me to downplay the importance of physical beauty, but I'm convinced 80% of sexual attractiveness is located in our brains,
>
>>Ultimately, the "ideal" woman for any male is the one that's ideal to him...and that can cover a broad range of body shapes.
>
>
>So please point out exactly where I was saying that..I must have missed it
>

I wasn't really offended by these comments, but still, read in a certain life, this kind of discussion happens only about women, not about men, and that in itself is offensive.

ifihadahif Posted: Sun Jan 14 20:13:04 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>addi said:
>>libra said:
>>
>>
>>>No woman wants to hear a guy explaining how much fat she's "allowed" to have before she becomes gross.
>>
>>
>>addi said:
>>
>>>It would be hypocritical of me to downplay the importance of physical beauty, but I'm convinced 80% of sexual attractiveness is located in our brains,
>>
>>>Ultimately, the "ideal" woman for any male is the one that's ideal to him...and that can cover a broad range of body shapes.
>>
>>
>>So please point out exactly where I was saying that..I must have missed it
>>
>
>I wasn't really offended by these comments, but still, read in a certain life, this kind of discussion happens only about women, not about men, and that in itself is offensive.
>
Really ? I'm offended by you saying that.
Much in the same way I'm offended by someone else being offended if I say Merry Christmas to them.

It's a fact of life that there are certain traits that each of the sexes find attractive about the other. So what ?
If you don't think that there are discussions among women about which man has the dreamiest butt or the prettiest eyes and what type of butt is the most attractive, then you live in on another planet.
And if you don't think Canada Boy has ever participated in a discussion such as the one in this thread, then you better switch teams.

addi Posted: Sun Jan 14 20:15:24 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:

>I wasn't really offended by these comments,

Christophe will be dissapointed to read this : )

>but still, read in a certain life, this kind of discussion happens only about women, not about men, and that in itself is offensive.

naw...not true. Perhaps with your cirle of friends, but it happens all the time.
Men may, and probably do, verbalize their thoughts on what makes a woman attractive, more than women publically share their thoughts on it, but women do think about it. Physical traits for a potential partner are important to both sexes, not just limited to us gutter minded males.

Was your attraction to your boyfriend purely for his personality, and not at all for his looks?

libra Posted: Sun Jan 14 21:07:42 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>libra said:
>
>>I wasn't really offended by these comments,
>
>Christophe will be dissapointed to read this : )
>
>
>>but still, read in a certain life, this kind of discussion happens only about women, not about men, and that in itself is offensive.
>
>naw...not true. Perhaps with your cirle of friends, but it happens all the time.
>Men may, and probably do, verbalize their thoughts on what makes a woman attractive, more than women publically share their thoughts on it, but women do think about it. Physical traits for a potential partner are important to both sexes, not just limited to us gutter minded males.
>

I think the thing that bothers me the most is the freeness that men have in discussing women. Topics are not off-limits, nor do many assume that what they say is offensive.

>Was your attraction to your boyfriend purely for his personality, and not at all for his looks?

We were best friends first, so his personality was what attracted me to him the most...i had never met a boy who understood me like that.

addi Posted: Sun Jan 14 22:21:14 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:

>I think the thing that bothers me the most is the freeness that men have in discussing women. Topics are not off-limits, nor do many assume that what they say is offensive.

are you speaking about men in general, or us males at GT in particular?

I have run into many offensive men and women in my life. Vulgarity afflicts both sexes.

>We were best friends first, so his personality was what attracted me to him the most...i had never met a boy who understood me like that.

That is great and so critical to a lasting relationship. Good for you, Libra (sincerely).
However I have a difficult time believing that if he understood you so well, but was also physically unattractive to you, that you would be in love him him now. I think he may have remained a close friend and confidant to you, but find it more likely that the relationship wouldn't have blossomed into what it has become.

I hope my bluntness isn't offensive to you. I don't mean it to be : )

Kira Posted: Sun Jan 14 22:46:22 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  As I read these last half-dozen posts a couple of things came immediately to mind:

This thread: http://www.generationterrorists.com/cgi-bin/forum/forum.cgi?action=view&thread_id=82512

And the recent "debate" over Crim's beard.

Fact is women do think about, and discuss, what they find physically attractive and UNattractive in men. They may tend to go about it in a more serious, maybe respectful attitude - but I rather think that when men carry on and joke and exclaim about big-assed women, they're doing just that - joking. It's a way of talking about their preferences without getting all girly.

As for being offensive... who cares? I'm so sick of people complaining about stuff being "offensive" as if they've been injured somehow. We're not all here to make sure you're comfortable, and if you don't like what some group is saying or doing, turn the dial OFF or go someplace else.

Kira Posted: Sun Jan 14 22:55:49 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  P.S.,

Happy Birthday Cordy! *Throws confetti*

Cherry_Moon Posted: Sun Jan 14 23:39:05 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>As for being offensive... who cares? I'm so sick of people complaining about stuff being "offensive" as if they've been injured somehow. We're not all here to make sure you're comfortable, and if you don't like what some group is saying or doing, turn the dial OFF or go someplace else.

Thank you Kira...

Mark Posted: Mon Jan 15 03:20:50 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>addi said:
>>~Just Imagine~ said:
>>>I agree with Libra
>>>There's something unsetteling in this conversation ...
>>
>>so if it was a thread about what traits females are attracted to in males then that would be fine?
>>
>>
>
>no.
>
>but i can't imagine a thread where the girls talk about ONLY physical traits that they think are attractive in a guy...

I can imagine that. I'm even certain that it happens. When traveling by train, you can't sometimes help to overhear a conversation. There are plenty of girls / women that only think about the physical traits. Rejecting boys only because they aren't "attractive".

>i could see talking about what one personally likes as far as looks/personality goes, but trying to put together an ideal picture of a woman based on her level of body fat is demeaning.
>
>No woman wants to hear a guy explaining how much fat she's "allowed" to have before she becomes gross.
I can understand that... it's just like how much bodyhair a man can have before he becomes gross.

Ofcourse the physical traits aren't the complete picture. Personality is something that is, in the long run of a relationship, much more important. But take in mind that the one that has, in your view, the most attractive features stands out of the crowd first.

But also remember that there is no real "ideal picture". At least not in my case. The few girlfirends I had where all different in physical and personal traits. Still I found them all very attractive.

And to end with a cliche: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

choke Posted: Mon Jan 15 05:58:31 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Lol this reminds me of something that happened to me today, I'm not sure if you guys have Boss burgers at Mcdonalds over wherever you are, but basically they're the biggest burger on the menu and I just happen to be able to eat a Boss combo on occasion which is a little out of sync with my size. Anyway after finishing one of these off I went to the bathroom to clean my braces and upon my return to the restaurant was confronted by friends convinced I had turned bulimic.

Now it's always been a little dream of mine to have chubby cheeks (I think they're gorgeous) and a squishy belly. Every single time I mention it to a female every single one of them has been like "you can take my ass" "you can take my legs" "you can take my stomach" ETC and has been almost accusing, that I should be so bold as to want to keep every peice of fat that I own. Whereas any guy I talk to about it just finds it funny :P

I definately agree with Addi about weight vs the way you carry yourself. There's beautiful skinny people and there is also those beautiful chubby people with the dimply cheeks and the cute smiles :D But then there are sour looking skinny people or pale, bitter chubby people. It depends a lot on not not concentrating on what you want but wanting what you have.

addi Posted: Mon Jan 15 07:51:17 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:

>As for being offensive... who cares?

If it's being overly sensitive about political correctness I agree with this. If someone is offended because I write something about "pouting breasts and fuzzy beavers" (and I have) then I think they're making much ado about nothing.

But I do think it depends on the nature of the "offense". There's also something to be said for being civil and respectful to others.
So if someone writes a post that says "I only like women with thin waists and big boobs", someone will find it offensive and shallow no doubt.
And If someone writes seriously, "Kira is a dumb cunt female with the brain the size of a raison", it will also be offensive to some (especially Kira) : )

Both of the above are examples of posts that could be taken as being "offensive". I think the first deserves to be overlooked if someone finds it offensive, and the latter example crosses the line and would rightfully be addressed.

So let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater here. Nothing wrong with speaking our mind to others openly without fear of offending their delicate sensibilities, and nothing wrong with remembering that there's a way to communicate with others that still gets your point across without insulting others or being crass.

"So shut the fuck up already, Addi..you old windbag!"

I'm offended by myself

FN Posted: Mon Jan 15 11:07:18 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>i can't imagine a thread where the girls talk about ONLY physical traits that they think are attractive in a guy...

Yeah, that's the difference, guys are open about it, girls do it behind the back and then pretend to be holier than thou when guys say something about pretty/ugly women :o)

No guy wants to hear that either, but women will still talk about it just as well, just not in the open

FN Posted: Mon Jan 15 11:09:19 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>"Was your attraction to your boyfriend purely for his personality, and not at all for his looks?"
>
>We were best friends first, so his personality was what attracted me to him the most...i had never met a boy who understood me like that.

Haha, and I'm sure he was just best friends with you without wanting to get into your pants :o)

Seriously...

lol

J. Posted: Mon Jan 15 13:21:52 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  There are men who think with their brains and see with their hearts. Unfortunately, there are also men (like Mr. Christophe who has more gonads than brains)who think and see with their penii.

FN Posted: Mon Jan 15 13:33:47 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Actually I'm a hopeless romantic.

Oh the duality of it all!

I'll tell you this much though: the men who deny that they're after a woman to get it on with her are the real bastards. I'm not kidding.

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Mon Jan 15 13:36:21 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It would be sad to think that guys only want to be best friends with you because they want to get in your pants...as you put it christophe...

On the subject:

I also agree that it's something very personal if you find a guy (or a girl)attractive, everyone looks for things he likes in a person,...,

But on the other hand some features are always the same, I mean:
Obviously guys will look at girls with big boobs and a great figure...
While girls will look for boys with a friendly face and beautifull eyes ...

But character makes a person more attractive then all of that...

I think we all agree on that one...

But I still believe that woman have a greater possibility to relativate beauty then men...

Mark Posted: Mon Jan 15 14:39:22 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ~Just Imagine~ said:
>But on the other hand some features are always the same, I mean:
>Obviously guys will look at girls with big boobs and a great figure...
Big boobs?? only when they go with the figure of here body. I mean... it needs to fit the package. Big boobs aren't always attractive, you know.

>While girls will look for boys with a friendly face and beautifull eyes ...
Since we’re all spilling our prejudices we have on the opposite sex, let me join the party. Women will search for a man with an athletic build, a Brad Pitt like face (which isn’t always friendly, though I must agree he’s a hunk :p ) and such. You can’t say for everyone what they want, what they are looking for… it is always different for each and every person. Generalization isn’t going to work here. Not even for men. Perhaps someday you’ll learn that lesson ;)

>But character makes a person more attractive then all of that...
>
>I think we all agree on that one...

Well, I atleast do.

>But I still believe that woman have a greater possibility to relativate beauty then men...
Since I ain't a woman and you are no man we will never know. Both sexes will never reveal there deepest secrets. And by the way, I believe I’m just as capable as most women to relativize beauty.

FN Posted: Mon Jan 15 14:59:59 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ~Just Imagine~ said:
>It would be sad to think that guys only want to be best friends with you because they want to get in your pants...as you put it christophe...

Sad but true, unless you're as they say "fugly", then they see you as one of the guys.

>But on the other hand some features are always the same, I mean:
>Obviously guys will look at girls with big boobs and a great figure...

Very popular misconsception isn't it.

A lot of guys I know, myself including, don't like big breasts.

>But character makes a person more attractive then all of that...

BS.

Why be a hypocrite about it, you won't hook up with somebody who you think is ugly, even if they have the best personality ever.

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Mon Jan 15 15:09:59 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mark said:

>Since we’re all spilling our prejudices we have on the opposite sex, let me join the party. Women will search for a man with an athletic build, a Brad Pitt like face (which isn’t always friendly, though I must agree he’s a hunk :p ) and such. You can’t say for everyone what they want, what they are looking for… it is always different for each and every person. Generalization isn’t going to work here. Not even for men. Perhaps someday you’ll learn that lesson ;)
>

ehm, let me rephrase, i ment, when men or women talk about the other sex, these will be the first things they'll be talking about... I mean you won't go walking down the streets with your friends saying: "damn that girl looks like she's a nice person"

I mean you'll probaly end up judging their global looks, just as we woman also do ... we just look at other features, like a cute face (brad pitt like, or just a cute one), nice eyes, and so on...

I just wanned to say, that you can't count that out, I wasn't trying to generalise it :P

Caus' in the end everybody has to have a bit of a different taste or otherwise this would be such a sad place to live in :D

And you are right about one thing, I don't know what you guys think because I ain't one ... good point :)
(sure would like to know what they are thinking somethimes :p )

On a personal note, I'll never want a brad pitt kind of guy, he's like way to clean...

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Mon Jan 15 15:20:25 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  How funny, this is like the second time you jumped between my post christophe!
so unfair ! :D

You said:
>you won't hook up with somebody who >you think is ugly, even if they have >the best personality ever.

True

FN Posted: Mon Jan 15 15:43:30 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ~Just Imagine~ said:
>How funny, this is like the second time you jumped between my post christophe!
>so unfair ! :D

I'm a cat who's as fast as lightning,
In fact, it is a little bit frightning,
But I post with expert timing.

God-damn I'm cool.

Ha

Kira Posted: Mon Jan 15 15:44:21 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ~Just Imagine~ said:
>I mean you won't go walking down the streets with your friends saying: "damn that girl looks like she's a nice person"
>

Awww. But wouldn't that be so cool to feel that way just by looking at a person, or to hear someone say that? Even if it wasn't about you. That would just make my day.

addi Posted: Mon Jan 15 15:56:16 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Actually I'm a hopeless romantic.

we have that in common

and on my list of physical traits to a beautiful woman "big boobs" is way down the list

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Mon Jan 15 16:00:18 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:

>
>Awww. But wouldn't that be so cool to feel that way just by looking at a person, or to hear someone say that? Even if it wasn't about you. That would just make my day.

That would make all of our days :)

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Mon Jan 15 16:01:37 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ok get it, was stupid to bring that boob arguement on
but you can't dissagree that a lot of guys don't want a flat girl on the front...

FN Posted: Mon Jan 15 16:13:27 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ~Just Imagine~ said:
>but you can't dissagree that a lot of guys don't want a flat girl on the front...

There's an enormous difference though between average, small and flat.

Once it goes too much beyond average it tends to be out of proportion

ifihadahif Posted: Mon Jan 15 16:14:50 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ~Just Imagine~ said:
>ok get it, was stupid to bring that boob arguement on
>but you can't dissagree that a lot of guys don't want a flat girl on the front...
>

I'd day 50/50 on that one.
I tend to like them on the small side, but I can be attracted to a voluptuous woman too. It really depends on the woman.

As for not wanting an unattractive woman no matter how nice her personality is, I would like to add this - I have found that after getting to know someone, really getting to know her, even at first I thought her to be unattractive, her personality did shine through and I began to look at her differently and started to find her to be very attractive, though none of her features had changed, it was the way I looked at her. Her personality made her attractive to me.

Kind of a long sentence there, I hope it made some kind of sense.

FN Posted: Mon Jan 15 16:16:33 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Kind of a long sentence there, I hope it made some kind of sense.

Well hif but that's because you're an old fart who can't get it up anymore anyway ;o)

Or can you

*tuntuntuuuum*

*camera zooms*

addi Posted: Mon Jan 15 16:21:03 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>Kind of a long sentence there, I hope it made some kind of sense.

It made so much sense my head is dizzy!

and I would like you even if you had big boobies

J. Posted: Mon Jan 15 19:03:52 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  

Just Imagine~ said:
>
>>But character makes a person more attractive then all of that...
>

I agree.

Christophe said:

>BS.
>
>Why be a hypocrite about it, you won't hook up with somebody who you think is ugly, even if they have the best personality ever.

I would hook up with someone who is ugly. And yes, I would even marry him if I know and feel that he's "the one", a man who will love me and stand by me in thirty, forty years down the road no matter what.

Beauty is only skin deep, and will fade away with time; personality and character will remain and last for years if not forever.

I was told this by a gorgeous, happily married (to a bald headed, short, mighty ugly looking guy) lady, "one of the greatest advantages of dating or marrying an ugly dude is that the chance for him to cheat on you is slim to none. He's mine 'cause no one else would take him." *LOL*

There is a shoe for every foot, a lid for every pot, and a seat for every butt (hairy, hairless, bumpy or smooth...)

*mumbling to myself, "here comes the butt thing again!"*

J. Posted: Mon Jan 15 20:43:49 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>~Just Imagine~ said:
>>It would be sad to think that guys only want to be best friends with you because they want to get in your pants...as you put it christophe...
>
>Sad but true, unless you're as they say "fugly", then they see you as one of the guys.
>

Yes, there are guys who only want to be my best friends without wanting to get in my pants.

Yes, most of my friends (and my best friends) are guys, and they do treat me as "one of the guys", and NO, I don't think I am "fugly".

addi Posted: Tue Jan 16 07:50:42 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  suenos said:

>
>Yes, there are guys who only want to be my best friends without wanting to get in my pants.

the fools!!

Mark Posted: Tue Jan 16 07:53:10 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ~Just Imagine~ said:
>On a personal note, I'll never want a brad pitt kind of guy, he's like way to clean...
For some reason that made me laugh…

Anyway, about the personality making somebody more attractive issue… (To quickly give you a view of the setting: Friend in navy, goes away for a while, went to wave him off yesterday, some problems with ship, departure delayed) Because of the delay I got into a conversation with one of my friends female colleagues. She wasn’t exactly pretty, but she was quite spontaneous, fun to talk with, etc. That made her “more attractive” (if you can call it like that). …I hope you get the point.

FN Posted: Tue Jan 16 08:43:48 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mark said:
>Anyway, about the personality making somebody more attractive issue…

I never said personality can't make somebody more attractive, but I'm saying that people who give it too much of a role in the equation are being hypocrites

That is unless they're at some point in life where they figure "I'll have to manage with whatever I can get a hold of".

FN Posted: Tue Jan 16 08:48:18 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Observe, check my avatar.

Libra, do you think your romeo would have gotten into a relationship with you if you looked like miss piggy in my avatar?

And what if she can't help it so the comments of she has to take care of herself are ruled out.

And seriously, the guys who would like to pretend that looks have nothing to do with it, which non-sexually deranged guy would pick the girl in my avatar, knowing that she has in thact *the* greatest personality in the entire history and future of human kind

I'm telling you that the only guys who'd hook up with her are guys who couldn't get a different one

Or perhaps the really drunk dudes. That makes for some very funny stories but that's a different matter

FN Posted: Tue Jan 16 08:49:37 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>non-sexually-deranged
>in fact

Mark Posted: Tue Jan 16 10:55:45 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Mark said:
>>Anyway, about the personality making somebody more attractive issue…
>
>I never said personality can't make somebody more attractive, but I'm saying that people who give it too much of a role in the equation are being hypocrites
Uhm... I never intended to address you personally. I do agree with your response though.

Billy Pilgrim Posted: Tue Jan 16 11:17:10 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Since i've been a brain in a jar nobody has looked at me twice... mostly because they thought i was pickled tripe.

Bastards!

addi Posted: Tue Jan 16 11:33:55 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Billy Pilgrim said:
>Since i've been a brain in a jar nobody has looked at me twice...

Nikki would do ya

FN Posted: Tue Jan 16 12:14:21 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Billy Pilgrim said:
>Since i've been a brain in a jar

This is what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Tue Jan 16 13:17:59 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  and christophe can know ...

FN Posted: Tue Jan 16 13:27:41 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ~Just Imagine~ said:
>and christophe can know ...

Lol, it's a quote from the (awesome) movie The Big Lebowski ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118715/ )

sweet p Posted: Tue Jan 16 20:13:24 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  

>~Just Imagine~ said:
>>I mean you won't go walking down the streets with your friends saying: "damn that girl looks like she's a nice person"
Kira said:
>Awww. But wouldn't that be so cool to feel that way just by looking at a person, or to hear someone say that?

i do that every now and then. but actually.
i have weird feelings about people i've never met or spoken to or know anything about. and it's not based on attractiveness, though i suppose it IS based on physical features when it comes down to it. but mostly these feelings i get.

i have good guy friends that i have known since i was 6. and they don't want to bone me.
but
my whole life my closest friends have been male. [i have close friends who are female too, but most have been guys.]
the older i get, the harder this becomes. at this point, i only have 1 close guy friend who has never either tried to ask me out, make a move on me, profess his love for me to OTHER people, or that i haven't ended up liking myself and done the same to. this type of thing has left me crushed many a time. the good part is that after all the bad awkward stuff, or once the guys found new girls, we managed to get over that weirdness and actually remain friends. so i do think that you can be good friends with someone of the opposite sex, even if it means getting over some weird hurdle.

i don't know if this was ever posted on GT but this all made me think of the ladder theory:

http://www.intellectualwhores.com/masterladder.html

addi Posted: Tue Jan 16 21:14:40 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  sweet p said:

>i don't know if this was ever posted on GT but this all made me think of the ladder theory:

Well that was insightful. Good post sweet p

Now just because someone has made up a clever name and stuck the word "theory" behind it doesn't make it god's truth necessarily, but I found myself reading that and nodding my head more than once.

If the ladder theory is right about the breakdown in how men and women think then I don't think women have any business getting all snooty about men that place a higher percentage on "attraction", especially in light of the hightest percentage in their pie chart being "money and power" (which explains homely rock stars and wealthy businessmen getting hot chicks). It's interesting to note that "attraction" is only 10% points behind that.

And I had to smile reading that the characteristics so many women claim as their #1 priority in finding a mate (intelligence, sense of humor, honesty, sensitivity etc.) according to this theory is a bunch of bunk basically....even though women will insist it's a high priority.

So a large percentage of us males may be shallow making attractiveness the highest priority in finding a women...but you have to give us some credit for being honest about our superficiality.
Women, on the other hand, make something as deep as "I want power and money in a man" their hottest trait to find in a mate, followed closely by a guys looks...the very same trait so many women find offensive and shallow in males.

But I'm sure this will be followed by several plinker posts saying $$$ has absolutely nothing to do with it, and affirming that their soul mate must be intelligent, funny, and sensitive.

Kira Posted: Tue Jan 16 22:24:07 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>sweet p said:
>
>>i don't know if this was ever posted on GT but this all made me think of the ladder theory:
>
>Well that was insightful. Good post sweet p
>
>Now just because someone has made up a clever name and stuck the word "theory" behind it doesn't make it god's truth necessarily, but I found myself reading that and nodding my head more than once.
>
>If the ladder theory is right about the breakdown in how men and women think then I don't think women have any business getting all snooty about men that place a higher percentage on "attraction", especially in light of the hightest percentage in their pie chart being "money and power" (which explains homely rock stars and wealthy businessmen getting hot chicks). It's interesting to note that "attraction" is only 10% points behind that.
>
>And I had to smile reading that the characteristics so many women claim as their #1 priority in finding a mate (intelligence, sense of humor, honesty, sensitivity etc.) according to this theory is a bunch of bunk basically....even though women will insist it's a high priority.

Indeed I do insist. Furthermore:

>Women, on the other hand, make something as deep as "I want power and money in a man" their hottest trait to find in a mate, followed closely by a guys looks...the very same trait so many women find offensive and shallow in males.
>
>But I'm sure this will be followed by several plinker posts saying $$$ has absolutely nothing to do with it, and affirming that their soul mate must be intelligent, funny, and sensitive.
>

I tend to equate "money and power" as synonymous with inteligence. This is only a generalization and I know it's not always true, but the magority of people with sucessful careers and the like did not get there by way of dumb luck or special treatment. So it's not necessarily that I want to be with a rich guy who will take care of me and buy me things (although I'm not saying that wouldn't be nice), but more that I don't want to be with a bum with no motivation.

Kira Posted: Tue Jan 16 22:26:33 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Crud. I thought I deleted the non-relevant paragraphs of that post.

jennemmer Posted: Wed Jan 17 00:40:49 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  sweet p said:
>http://www.intellectualwhores.commasterladder.html

it said (re: average women liking rich men):
>Most women read this and say something like, "Well I'm not the average woman because.. blah... blah... not true... blah blah... my boyfriend/lover/husband/masseuse was poor... blah... blah."

>If you thought something like this you are very likely the average woman. If you read it and went "Hmmm..." and then you went back to doing physics, then you have a case.

I say:
Ahahahahahahahaha! (The fact that I read this on a break from a homework assignment makes this priceless)

Money wasn't a big factor at the start of my relationship with us both being broke students and all. Intellegence and ambition are definitely high on my list of things I find attractive - but I'd say that it's the qualities themselves I like and not the fact that they often are supposed to translate into earning potential.

FN Posted: Wed Jan 17 07:43:38 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  sweet p said:
>http://www.intellectualwhores.com/masterladder.html

A lot of truth in it though

Men are superficial and go for looks, women tend to go for abusive men and then once they reach a certain age or level of abuse they go for a different guy who's stuck with the leftovers and drama. Look around and you'll agree.

FN Posted: Wed Jan 17 07:47:49 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  "Back to the Beginning: Yes Virginia, They All Want to Bang You.

You'll note that a man has one ladder while a female has two. The man is lacking a "friends ladder." The man's ladder reflects the conventional wisdom that a man generally only wants one thing. That's because the conventional wisdom is correct. This leads us back to the conclusion that many women I have explained this to find so distasteful:
IF A MAN FINDS YOU ATTRACTIVE YOU CANNOT BE FRIENDS

Many women want to argue this point and say things like " I have lots of guy friends." Maybe. There are exactly 3 cases Intellectual Whores has identified whereby a guy and a girl can be friends:

1. The guy is gay
2. The guy does not find you attractive.
3. The guy already has a woman much higher than you on the ladder

Even Nietzsche knew this. Most guys know this intuitively. Most girls doubt. I have a challenge for all of you girls who still doubt. Pick a guy who does not meet any of the criterion on the above list that you think is your friend. Then ask yourself this question: If you were both alone at his place one night, and you excused yourself to the bathroom and came out naked and asked him to have sex with you would he:

1. Tell you he doesn't want to risk the beautiful friendship you have created with messy physical entanglements.
2. Comply

Remember this only works if you are honest with yourself. Number one is of course something that guys hear all the time. Intellectual Whores refers to it as the Kiss of Death. It is more likely that he will jump you eagerly."

Haha

So true

addi Posted: Wed Jan 17 08:50:52 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:

>IF A MAN FINDS YOU ATTRACTIVE YOU CANNOT BE FRIENDS

but...but...but...

what about this?

Mr. C is a good friend of Miss J.
Mr. C also finds Miss J physically attractive.
Mr. C is both a good friend is attracted to Miss J., and would hump Miss J if given the opportunity.

Can't a guy be a sincere friend and have the physical desires at the same time?
Or does desiring a women automatically mean there is no friendship?

FN Posted: Wed Jan 17 09:07:19 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Who is this mysterious Mr. C you speak of

I'm saying that when a woman looks good (enough) a guy gets along with her either because he hopes he can get laid or his ego is stimulated by knowing that he could if he wanted to and this in turn makes him look good to his friends and potential more attractive women.

A true friendship in the sense that friendship is based on who the person "is" and not what she looks like is only possible when the girl is fugly/below his standard/the guy is gay.

Seriously, look around and be honest.

I'm not saying it's all conscious, but the patterns are there, are they not.

I know freakishly hot women, and I know ugly ones. The ugly ones are one of the guys, the good looking ones you're thinking "god damn I'd do her any day of the week, twice" even though you might not be actually pursuing an active relationship with that girl the urge and desire is there, but you can restrain yourself for example because a) you're a chicken and don't want to take the risk of being a ladder jumper as the guy puts it in his theory, or b) you feel like you have a better chance at an equal girl or are already involved with one, or the pay-out ratio between risk and gain is not worth risking the jump.

Cruel? Yes. But such is life, deal with it.

What he says about women going crazy over a guy who doesn't seem to notice her is something I believe (and know from personal experience) to be absolutely correct. Indeed there is no better way to put yourself out of the race by showing how much you care.

And yes it'll be denied, but say what you want basicly because I see it happening on a daily basis and I tend to go with that instead of wishful thinking.

FN Posted: Wed Jan 17 09:14:49 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Indeed there is no better way to put yourself out of the race by showing how much you care.

And there is no better way to make some heads thwirl by being nonchalant about it all.

Look at the women here who like a girl to look "scruffy".

Read into it a little and basicly what it means is "I'm scruffy, I'm a rebel who doesn't care what he looks like towards women, even if it looks a little out of order and not recently shaved and what not, take it or leave it baby" and they love it.

Aha!

FN Posted: Wed Jan 17 09:16:03 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Look at the women here who like a girl to look "scruffy".

*guy

The beauty of it is he does care but by creating the illusion that he doesn't he is therefor more attractive than a guy who tries too hard

addi Posted: Wed Jan 17 09:18:53 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:

>What he says about women going crazy over a guy who doesn't seem to notice her is something I believe (and know from personal experience) to be absolutely correct.

Attention all GT plinkers:
From this point on Addi does not notice any of you

addi Posted: Wed Jan 17 09:43:27 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  note the "scruffy unkept messy I could care less about you" look to go with my new attitude...not that it matters, because I could now care less what any of you really hot plinkers think of me!

*crosses fingers*

J. Posted: Wed Jan 17 09:55:28 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>I could now care less what any of you really hot plinkers think of me!
>

Not even if I say, "Mr. Addi, I think you look so sexy with a beard"?

Sad. So sad.

*pouting*

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Jan 17 09:56:44 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Knock it off Chris !
Are you trying to get all the hot GT plinkers to play for the other team ?
LOL

FN Posted: Wed Jan 17 10:14:15 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Are you trying to get all the hot GT plinkers to play for the other team ?
>LOL

Don't act like you wouldn't like to see the sexy results!

I see how it is, I do the convincing and you reap the fruits of my labor

addi Posted: Wed Jan 17 12:01:55 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  suenos said:

>Not even if I say, "Mr. Addi, I think you look so sexy with a beard"?
>
>Sad. So sad.
>
>*pouting*

no
please pout to someone that cares. I no longer care what beautiful women, such as yourself, think.
I may be turning gay..I don't know.

my god that was hard to type :(

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Wed Jan 17 12:59:58 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I bet even harder to post

Scruffy ... i suppose you don't give a shit that it suits you :P

I agree with suenos on the beard thing...
Not that you'd care :p

addi Posted: Wed Jan 17 13:30:42 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ~Just Imagine~ said:

>Scruffy ... i suppose you don't give a shit that it suits you :P

lol

why no I don't : )

and I believe it's long past time for scruffy me to dissapear.

FN Posted: Wed Jan 17 13:39:50 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>LOL

I actually laughed out loud at your avatar

But if anybody asks I'll deny it

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Wed Jan 17 15:05:43 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Help!

where did scruffy addi go to?

Bring him back at once ! :)

By the way christophe, how did your hair story end ? I'm way to curious, post pictures, describe it in detail, I don't care, just give us some insight on the matter ;)

addi Posted: Wed Jan 17 15:19:36 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ~Just Imagine~ said:
>Help!
>
>where did scruffy addi go to?
>
>Bring him back at once ! :)

lol

he went byebye...but my trees are kinda scruffy looking, if that helps.

and a thought just occured to me. Do you realize fellow GT plonkers that from now on anytime we say to a female GTer here that we like them they're automatically going think, "Yeah, right...you just want to get into my pants. You disgust me!"

FN Posted: Wed Jan 17 15:53:34 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Well they won't think that because even if we wanted to we couldn't get into their pants due to the distances anyway.

Anyway, the hair story: it got cut and is now what can be described as normal length, without any gel or whatever obviously. I dare say that it usually looks rather "scruffy", because you know I couldn't care less.

addi Posted: Wed Jan 17 18:20:53 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Well they won't think that because even if we wanted to we couldn't get into their pants due to the distances anyway.

I've shared libations with Libra, snickerdoodles with sweet p, sushi with suenos, jello shots with just imagine, kabobs with kira, bagels with beetlebum, chili with choke, chocolate cheesecake with cherry, jam with jenn, and nacho cheese soup with nov...

but I only wanted to be friends with them

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Jan 17 20:20:40 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>
>I've shared libations with Libra, snickerdoodles with sweet p, sushi with suenos, jello shots with just imagine, kabobs with kira, bagels with beetlebum, chili with choke, chocolate cheesecake with cherry, jam with jenn, and nacho cheese soup with nov...
>
>but I only wanted to be friends with them
>
Cuz you were saving it all for nikki ?

addi Posted: Wed Jan 17 20:47:27 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>Cuz you were saving it all for nikki ?

had noodles with nikki.
Then I had to go see a doctor.

J. Posted: Wed Jan 17 22:57:18 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Knock it off Chris !
>Are you trying to get all the hot GT plinkers to play for the other team ?
>LOL

We hot plinkers know all about Christophe's (mandatory) daily mental masturbation.

*LOL*

After all, what's-love-got-to-do-with-it, right?

Tina Turner - What's Love Got To Do With It:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tlT8POUSmj0&mode=related&search=

Kira Posted: Wed Jan 17 23:43:09 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>
>I've shared libations with Libra, snickerdoodles with sweet p, sushi with suenos, jello shots with just imagine, kabobs with kira, bagels with beetlebum, chili with choke, chocolate cheesecake with cherry, jam with jenn, and nacho cheese soup with nov...
>
>but I only wanted to be friends with them

*aside* Pst - he missed having mousse with Mouse because he spent too long in front of the mirror on his way out, trying to look "scruffy."

Honestly, Addi. *Shakes finger.*

addi Posted: Thu Jan 18 07:16:34 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:

>*aside* Pst - he missed having mousse with Mouse because he spent too long in front of the mirror on his way out, trying to look "scruffy."

I missed mousse with mouse because she wouldn't even let me in. Apparantly she only likes well grooomed men.

:(

addi Posted: Thu Jan 18 08:05:27 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  suenos said:

>We hot plinkers know all about Christophe's (mandatory) daily mental masturbation.

is that a sin?

J. Posted: Thu Jan 18 08:16:02 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>suenos said:
>
>>We hot plinkers know all about Christophe's (mandatory) daily mental masturbation.
>
>
>is that a sin?

Jesus is the answer, my darling. *smooch*

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Thu Jan 18 11:43:58 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  save me jeebus !

Posted: Thu Jan 18 13:45:19 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  fuck

I hate how bad a guesser I am at threads that will do well, because it sticks.

I'm just like "well, I don't think I'll be checking into this thread much" after the first view

and sure as shit, a hundred responses.

fuck. My clairvoyance is slipping.

I was 0/4 in football bets last weekend, too. Maybe I'm getting old.

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Jan 18 13:56:50 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:
>fuck
>and sure as shit, a hundred responses.
>
>fuck. My clairvoyance is slipping.

>
I knew you were psycho !
I just knew it !
:-)

addi Posted: Fri Jan 19 05:44:44 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:

>fuck. My clairvoyance is slipping.
>
>I was 0/4 in football bets last weekend, too. Maybe I'm getting old.

maybe it's the beard

Posted: Fri Jan 19 10:53:07 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:

>maybe it's the beard

I love that this is turning into a catchphrase.

addi Posted: Fri Jan 19 11:29:28 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  well shave the left half of your beard off, and keep it on the right side of your face.
If the left side of your brain suddenly becomes clairvoyant, and the right side of your brain remains clueless...then you'll know it's that damn beard.

Mesh Posted: Sat Jan 20 23:45:41 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  So I guess I'd do 13 year olds then....

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]