Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To
 

worst time to ever join up.
Cherry_Moon Posted: Sat Jan 20 00:29:13 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i've been considering for a good week or so (because of money issues) of joining the air force. but after the annoucement of the dictator throwing 20,000 (and rising) more innocent lives away for political gain. i'm really considering a job as a professional hobo.


 
FN Posted: Sat Jan 20 05:56:56 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  So you want to join the army of "the dictator" but you don't want to go to war.

That's kind of contradicting, the army and no war thing


 
addi Posted: Sat Jan 20 06:59:49 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  no comment at this very early hour in the day for me...
but, my god, that avatar pic is so disgusting


 
ifihadahif Posted: Sat Jan 20 08:10:17 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yeah, that's the spirit, join the military, but only if there's no chance of going to war.

Besides, if you joined the air force, there's almost zero chance you'd ever see a war zone in Iraq.

There's also a zero chance you'd get in the military being bipolar.


 
ifihadahif Posted: Sat Jan 20 08:11:26 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Chris, your avatar made me laugh out loud !


 
addi Posted: Sat Jan 20 08:38:33 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Yeah, that's the spirit, join the military, but only if there's no chance of going to war.

I don't want to put words in Cherry's mouth here, but I got the impression what she was opposed to is our military involvement in Iraq and Bush's policies there, not that she changed her mind because of the possibility of fighting. I'm sure she will confirm or deny my interpretation though : )

and for the record I see nothing wrong with a possible military recruit reflecting on the where and why of our military involvement when they are considering joining. It's their life at stake.
Our historical and current military involvement across the globe does not necessarily mean it's a just and worthy involvement based soley on a president's decision to make war there.


 
FN Posted: Sat Jan 20 08:59:24 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Chris, your avatar made me laugh out loud !

Too bad they removed it and I didn't save a copy :o(


 
ifihadahif Posted: Sat Jan 20 10:57:43 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>ifihadahif said:
>>Yeah, that's the spirit, join the military, but only if there's no chance of going to war.
>
>I don't want to put words in Cherry's mouth here, but I got the impression what she was opposed to is our military involvement in Iraq and Bush's policies there, not that she changed her mind because of the possibility of fighting. I'm sure she will confirm or deny my interpretation though : )
>
>and for the record I see nothing wrong with a possible military recruit reflecting on the where and why of our military involvement when they are considering joining. It's their life at stake.
>Our historical and current military involvement across the globe does not necessarily mean it's a just and worthy involvement based soley on a president's decision to make war there.
>
Doesn't matter, consider the recruits who joined when there was not fighting. Suddenly fighting breaks out, should the military then ask all those soldiers to reflect on whether or not the fighting is agreeable to them politically before they get sent in harms way ?

And for the record it wasn't "a president's decision to make war there", it was a nearly unanimous vote in both houses of congress was it not?


 
ifihadahif Posted: Sat Jan 20 11:04:13 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Doesn't matter, consider the recruits who joined when there was not fighting. Suddenly fighting breaks out, should the military then ask all those soldiers to reflect on whether or not the fighting is agreeable to them politically before they get sent in harms way ?
>
>And for the record it wasn't "a president's decision to make war there", it was a nearly unanimous vote in both houses of congress was it not?
>
I served my country when Howdy Doody (jimmah carter) was in office. I wasn't there because I loved the dumbass in the White House, I was there because I loved my country.


 
addi Posted: Sat Jan 20 11:08:30 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>And for the record it wasn't "a president's decision to make war there", it was a nearly unanimous vote in both houses of congress was it not?

yup...you're correct there. However I have no doubt whatsoever that if Bush hadn't been so intent on invading Iraq never would have come to voting on it. So the onus of the blame falls on him, and the fails policies thereafter.


 
addi Posted: Sat Jan 20 11:13:35 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>I served my country when Howdy Doody (jimmah carter) was in office. I wasn't there because I loved the dumbass in the White House, I was there because I loved my country.

Good for you, hiffer. I think it's safe to assume that those of us that didn't choose to enlist didn't really love our country near as much as those that served.

and the bestest soldiers (as far as the officers are concerned) are those that don't think. Thinking soldiers question things like "why in the fuck are we here?!", and that's never a good thing

: )


 
ifihadahif Posted: Sat Jan 20 11:24:30 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>ifihadahif said:
>
>>I served my country when Howdy Doody (jimmah carter) was in office. I wasn't there because I loved the dumbass in the White House, I was there because I loved my country.
>
>Good for you, hiffer. I think it's safe to assume that those of us that didn't choose to enlist didn't really love our country near as much as those that served.
>
You missed the whole point dude. I don't care if you didn't enlist, my older brother was a draft dodger in the vietnam era.
My point was the if you want to serve your country, it shouldn't matter who is in the white house.

>and the bestest soldiers (as far as the officers are concerned) are those that don't think. Thinking soldiers question things like "why in the fuck are we here?!", and that's never a good thing
>
You probably have no idea how close your sarcasm is to being correct.
If you are in a combat situation and your life depends on the performance of the guys next to you, then no one should be questioning why they are there, they should be 100percent focused on the mission at hand.


 
~Just Imagine~ Posted: Sat Jan 20 12:03:58 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I don't understand the whole thing, fighting for your country caus you love your country ...

makes absolutely no sence to me




 
addi Posted: Sat Jan 20 12:10:08 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>My point was the if you want to serve your country, it shouldn't matter who is in the white house.

correct. however I see nothing wrong with doing some hard reflection first about the current conflict/war that your country is going through, and understanding that if you enlist there is a good possibilty that you will end up in that conflict.
So if, upon reflection, a person decides that this conflict is immoral or not worth risking your life for, then maybe you would have second thoughts about serving your country in that capacity...and find some other way to perform valuable civic duties.


>You probably have no idea how close your sarcasm is to being correct.

I have a very good idea about how important it is to not have "thinking" soldiers. It's no coincedence that armies go after testosterone filled 18 year old boys with moldable minds.


 
ifihadahif Posted: Sat Jan 20 12:27:07 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:

>I have a very good idea about how important it is to not have "thinking" soldiers. It's no coincedence that armies go after testosterone filled 18 year old boys with moldable minds.
>
Yeah, they want dummies.


 
Cherry_Moon Posted: Sat Jan 20 15:00:27 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>ifihadahif said:
>
>>My point was the if you want to serve your country, it shouldn't matter who is in the white house.
>
>correct. however I see nothing wrong with doing some hard reflection first about the current conflict/war that your country is going through, and understanding that if you enlist there is a good possibilty that you will end up in that conflict.
>So if, upon reflection, a person decides that this conflict is immoral or not worth risking your life for, then maybe you would have second thoughts about serving your country in that capacity...and find some other way to perform valuable civic duties.
>
>
>>You probably have no idea how close your sarcasm is to being correct.
>
>I have a very good idea about how important it is to not have "thinking" soldiers. It's no coincedence that armies go after testosterone filled 18 year old boys with moldable minds.


 
Cherry_Moon Posted: Sat Jan 20 15:02:25 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  *sobs* what happened to my really long post...


 
Cherry_Moon Posted: Sat Jan 20 15:09:49 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ~Just Imagine~ said:
>I don't understand the whole thing, fighting for your country caus you love your country ...

I don't love my country. I love my family and the future family i'll have with Puck. I feel obligated to get and have a stable job and life to support my new family. And my parents find it good of me to join which is another reason. I want them to be proud. Even if it's not my idea of how I want them to be proud.

>makes absolutely no sence to me

not really.

Why wouldn't the air force see action? They were pulling coast guards not too long ago.

I wish to protect my family. Not for the love of this country. They (family) matter most to me. I don't think that a president should matter with regard to joining but come the fuck on.

he is the least respectful of the troops. his policies and his actions show that he doesn't care about them or the families who have lost a child, husband, wife, sibling. which is very scary.

even as governor he ruin the texas school system. I mean the guy sees something and fucks it over.


 
ifihadahif Posted: Sat Jan 20 16:31:58 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mrs.Goodfellow said:
>
>he is the least respectful of the troops. his policies and his actions show that he doesn't care about them or the families who have lost a child, husband, wife, sibling. which is very scary.
>
Really ? Then why is he so popular with the troops ?
Clinton couldn't even get a salute from his ceremonial guard they were so disgusted with him, but they would do anything for Dubya.



 
addi Posted: Sat Jan 20 17:05:29 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>Really ? Then why is he so popular with the troops ?

I can understand you wanting to defend Bush. I mean, he's your guy, and lately everyone in the world, including our brave fighting men and women seem to be against him.
This is just one of many letters written by soldiers about how popular the pres is with them.


From: Michael W
Sent: Tuesday July 13 2004 12.28pm
Subject: Dude, Iraq sucks


My name is Michael W and I am a 30-year-old National Guard infantryman serving in southeast Baghdad. I have been in Iraq since March of 04 and will continue to serve here until March of 05.

In the few short months my unit has been in Iraq, we have already lost one man and have had many injured (including me) in combat operations. And for what? At the very least, the government could have made sure that each of our vehicles had the proper armament to protect us soldiers.

In the early morning hours of May 10, one month to the day from my 30th birthday, I and 12 other men were attacked in a well-executed roadside ambush in south-east Baghdad. We were attacked with small-arms fire, a rocket-propelled grenade, and two well-placed roadside bombs. These roadside bombs nearly destroyed one of our Hummers and riddled my friends with shrapnel, almost killing them. They would not have had a scratch if they had the "Up Armour" kits on them. So where was [George] W [Bush] on that one?

It's just so ridiculous, which leads me to my next point. A Blackwater contractor makes $15,000 [£8,400] a month for doing the same job as my pals and me. I make about $4,000 [£2,240] a month over here. What's up with that?

Beyond that, the government is calling up more and more troops from the reserves. For what? Man, there is a huge fucking scam going on here! There are civilian contractors crawling all over this country. Blackwater, Kellogg Brown & Root, Halliburton, on and on. These contractors are doing everything you can think of from security to catering lunch!

We are spending money out the ass for this shit, and very few of the projects are going to the Iraqi people. Someone's back is getting scratched here, and it ain't the Iraqis'!

My life is left to chance at this point. I just hope I come home alive.

________________________________

just type in the phrase "soldiers against Bush" in google and take a look at the results. I could post a lot more, but you get the picture.
I'm sure Bush has his supporters in the military, but he also has a growing number of active and veteran soldiers that think he's a dangerous crackpot with blood on his hands.
I dare say Clinton garners much more respect these days from thousands of grunts all the way up to the top brass than Bush does now.


 
addi Posted: Sat Jan 20 17:24:06 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  http://www.vaiw.org/vet/index.php



it's just too damn easy really


 
ifihadahif Posted: Sat Jan 20 20:28:40 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sorry, not gonna buy the bull.
Of course there are some who disagree with Dubya, but the overwhelming majority of the military will back him up.
It's easy for you to find a letter such as the one above, but I challenge you to actually speak, in person to soldiers and find out for yourself.
The military that does not support Bush is not a significant percentage as you would like to think.
Go visit an Army base. Hell for that matter, go to Iraq, the overwhelming majority of those guys believe in what they are doing. Just cause some guy writes a letter doesn't meat Dubya has a mutiny on his hands.

I daresay that Clinton will never get respect from the military as long as he lives. He didn't have any when he was in office, he sure as hell won't get it now.


 
Cherry_Moon Posted: Sat Jan 20 22:20:39 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  here's my plan. I'll join. i'll do what needs to be done for my family (me, puck, future marriage and future children) and the min. they make me do something that is immoral i'll opt out. bush is a fucking asshole. and i wouldn't salute him. he's not my prez.


 
Cherry_Moon Posted: Sat Jan 20 22:22:03 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i'd like to say i really don't want ifhi to post anything more about this to me. i'm pretty tired of his insanity. Thanks for sharing opinions everyone.


 
Mesh Posted: Sat Jan 20 23:44:00 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Who the fuck is this and what the fuck is with the avatar?


Sorry if you're someone who has been here a while. But god fucking damnit.


 
Cherry_Moon Posted: Sun Jan 21 00:40:48 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  cherry moon ... i'm cherry, mesh


 
FN Posted: Sun Jan 21 07:42:17 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Basicly you're saying you want to get free money.

Because in the end if they want you to do something you do not like you'll opt out and refuse to do the job you're paid to do and voluntarily chose and let somebody else deal with it.

There's a very big difference between "befehl ist befehl" and the picture you are drawing by saying you'll join the army that's fighting a war that you don't want to fight anyway as long as you don't have to go there, which turns the whole concept of the ethics of war and its consequences into a grotesque mockery.

If you don't want to go to iraq and don't believe in it then go flip some burgers.


 
FN Posted: Sun Jan 21 07:43:32 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  And for the love of god try to keep the number of children under 5.


 
Billy Pilgrim Posted: Sun Jan 21 12:05:47 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Y'know what fuck Yanqui soldiers, i'm sick of seeing them on the TV all dolled up like a bunch of robotic apes.




 
ifihadahif Posted: Sun Jan 21 12:13:58 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mrs.Goodfellow said:

>Why wouldn't the air force see action? They were pulling coast guards not too long ago.
>
Do you even know what this war is ?
It's a counterinsurgency. That is something the air force does not do.
The air force's role in this war is to support the army and the marines.
That's it, they transport troops and supplies.
When have you heard of any air force personnel getting killed in Iraq ?


 
addi Posted: Sun Jan 21 12:34:21 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>When have you heard of any air force personnel getting killed in Iraq ?

do you just make this stuff up as you go? I mean is it like certain posts bug you so much that you have to come back with a reply without bothering to check on the facts?
If this was an isolated event I'd say don't bother Addi (I know I've screwed up before), but when it comes to Bush, Iraq and politics in general this is becoming a regular thing for you, hiffer.

A well intended suggestion: Next time you want to put one of us in our place try doing some homework first..just to be on the safe side. It just might give you some evidence to back up what you post.


http://www.icasualties.org/oif/Service.aspx


peace good bud


 
Billy Pilgrim Posted: Sun Jan 21 12:41:22 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Stupid droids, all i ever hear is boo hoo they're poor and they don't have a choice. I bet you i wouldn't have liked a majority of them when they were civilians.

fuck the troops


 
addi Posted: Sun Jan 21 13:16:37 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Air force wounded numbers

http://www.icasualties.org/oif/OIFWoundedByMonth.aspx

but since it's a counterinsurgency, and that never includes air force personel, maybe these soldiers were all just clumsy and were running with scissors

: )



 
ifihadahif Posted: Sun Jan 21 15:18:56 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>Air force wounded numbers
>
>http://www.icasualties.org/oif/OIFWoundedByMonth.aspx
>
>but since it's a counterinsurgency, and that never includes air force personel, maybe these soldiers were all just clumsy and were running with scissors
>
You come up with 30 casualties and think you've got something ?
That's a pretty negligible statistic if you are trying to determine your odds of becoming a casualty in Iraq dude.
She's more likely to be killed by a drunk driver back home.
Besides, it's a moot point since she posted awhile back that she is bipolar.
That will negate any chance she has at getting in the air force.


 
addi Posted: Sun Jan 21 15:41:45 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahem....

>When have you heard of any air force personnel getting killed in Iraq ?

Had you written:
>Compared to the army and marines the air force casualites are small...

...you wouldn't have heard a peep out of me. But that's not what you wrote, is it?

And you're also silent about the hundreds of Air Force wounded...or doesn't getting a leg blown off count?

It's really a bit childish to even argue about this anyway. They're all American soldiers over there doing their best under shitty circumstances, so it doesn't matter if they're serving in the pussy air force or the manly marines of our armed services.
My primary point was to point out the error of your air force statement, and to say that anyone serving in Afghanistan or Iraq or anywhere in the middle east right now is in a dangerous situation...no matter their job duties.








 
ifihadahif Posted: Sun Jan 21 18:38:42 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>Ahem....
>
>>When have you heard of any air force personnel getting killed in Iraq ?
>
>Had you written:
>>Compared to the army and marines the air force casualites are small...
>
>...you wouldn't have heard a peep out of me. But that's not what you wrote, is it?
>
>And you're also silent about the hundreds of Air Force wounded...or doesn't getting a leg blown off count?
>
>It's really a bit childish to even argue about this anyway. They're all American soldiers over there doing their best under shitty circumstances, so it doesn't matter if they're serving in the pussy air force or the manly marines of our armed services.
>My primary point was to point out the error of your air force statement, and to say that anyone serving in Afghanistan or Iraq or anywhere in the middle east right now is in a dangerous situation...no matter their job duties.
>
That's not what I said. I said the chances of becoming an air force casualty is near zero and that is true.
That also has no bearing on the performance of one service branch or another if that's what you were reading into my posts. The air force are not pussies. They just don't have a huge role in this counterinsurgency. My service of choice, the navy, doesn't have a huge role either. It's just not that kind of war.


 
addi Posted: Sun Jan 21 18:46:39 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
 
>That's not what I said.


ifihadahif said:
>When have you heard of any air force personnel getting killed in Iraq ?

ifihadahif did not first say:
>the chances of becoming an air force casualty is near zero

I know how to read
:-)



 
ifihadahif Posted: Sun Jan 21 19:31:46 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>
>>That's not what I said.
>
>
>ifihadahif said:
>>When have you heard of any air force personnel getting killed in Iraq ?
>
>ifihadahif did not first say:
>>the chances of becoming an air force casualty is near zero
>
>I know how to read
>:-)
I think what you meant to say is "I know how to read things into what you posted".

"near zero" is not the same as zero, and 30 casualties in this war equals a "near zero" chance of becoming one.
:-)
>


 
addi Posted: Sun Jan 21 21:03:39 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>I think what you meant to say is "I know how to read things into what you posted".

After years of listening to the republican pros I see you have mastered the art of double talk.

One of hundreds of denials from this administration:

"We've never been stay the course, George"
(George W. Bush to George Stephanopouos, 10/22/2006)

"We will stay the course" (8/30/06)

"We will stay the course, we will complete the job in Iraq." (8/4/05)

"We’re just going to stay the course." (12/15/03)

See a pattern developing here? There's actually many more, but this gets the point across.

Make a statement with a very clear meaning to any rational being, and then protest that others just took it the wrong way when you're called out on it.






 
ifihadahif Posted: Mon Jan 22 06:31:49 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>Make a statement with a very clear meaning to any rational being, and then protest that others just took it the wrong way when you're called out on it.
>
Here is what is actually posted above:

"Besides, if you joined the air force, there's almost zero chance you'd ever see a war zone in Iraq".

I dunno, maye be you could explain to me the meaning of the word "almost".


"When have you heard of any air force personnel getting killed in Iraq" ?

When you watch the evening news, they always give the body count in terms of army or marines, you never hear about air force or navy casualties because they happen so infrequently.

I would ask you the same, do you actually recall ever hearing of air force casualties in this war. I mean thirty out of 3000 Plus, how aware of this were you ?
You'd have to be pouring over casualty lists all the time to know this, or actually know one of the casualties.






 
addi Posted: Mon Jan 22 08:29:10 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sometimes people can debate a point and end up going on and on untill it get's a bit absurd. This one has reached that point (at least to me).
I'm always ready to tackle a political debate with you, friend, but I'm now done with this particular one...since it's clear to me we won't meet at a middle ground, and it would only degenerate more into ugliness, and that would do nothing constructive for either of us.

: )



 
ifihadahif Posted: Mon Jan 22 08:41:32 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>Sometimes people can debate a point and end up going on and on untill it get's a bit absurd. This one has reached that point (at least to me).
>I'm always ready to tackle a political debate with you, friend, but I'm now done with this particular one...since it's clear to me we won't meet at a middle ground, and it would only degenerate more into ugliness, and that would do nothing constructive for either of us.
>
>: )
>
Hey everybody, Addi thinks I'm ugly !
How rude !
:-)
>


 
addi Posted: Mon Jan 22 08:53:07 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>Hey everybody, Addi thinks I'm ugly !

No...I clearly said Bush is ugly.

you bery bery pretty man.


>How rude !

How wude!



 
casper Posted: Mon Jan 22 12:15:31 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  well here's my 2 cents :)

cherry if you want to join the airforce and NOT go to iraq all you really have to do is think clearly about what job you go in for. don't let the recruiter pressure you into deciding right away about anything. if they are pushing something then the chances are it's because there is a shortage and not because it's in your best interests.

it's true that fewer air force go to iraq than marines/army. there is still that chance though. the good thing about the air force is that they generally do 90 day-6 month tours instead of the 1 year tours of the other services.

i really don't understand how joining the service can help you out with your future all THAT much though. we don't get paid a heck of a lot and the air force is one of the hardest services to get promoted in.

if you are thinking about doing it for the enlistment bonus just know that usually you only get half that bonus after you graduate from whatever service school you are going to and it gets heavily taxed. then you get the other chunk 2 or 3 years down the line depending on how many years you sign up for.

the money is NEVER worth it sunshine.

but the military does have outstanding benefits in other fields. medical and dental for you and your dependents being a big deal.

and as for Him sending 20,000 more troops for his own personal glory or whatever he is actually prolly sending them to pull more security missions so LESS troops get killed. right now we are trying to concentrate on rebuilding AND watching our backs and obviously it's not working out all that well. our choices right now are stop rebuilding and just concentrate on security, pull out all together, or send enough troops in to pull security for those who are doing the rebuilding.

the end :)


 
addi Posted: Mon Jan 22 13:03:40 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  thanks, casper. good to get your perspective on things.


 
Cherry_Moon Posted: Mon Jan 22 14:13:55 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  thanks casper. it's prolly not what i'll do then. The signing bonus was what i was hoping to get a large chunck of. and the actual pay. i don't know too much about it. so i think all in all i'm better informed...




see guys there are nice ways to inform ppl AND impart your position....

whoa...


 
casper Posted: Mon Jan 22 14:54:54 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  just fyi though right now the national guard is offering a 20,000 dollar enlistment bonus for certain jobs. mostly it's low density stuff like truck drivers, mps, supply, and medics. (don't think truck driver is an easy one though because transportation units are some of the first to get called up.) you still only get half after completing your AIT and then it's taxed but that's still 6-7 grand. plus if you wanted to go to school or anything you get a minimum of 75% tuition assistance and some states offer 100%. or if you have current student loans they have a student loan repayment program where they'll pay off up to 20,000 dollars in student loans accrued before signing up. plus after 6 years in the guard you get some of the same benifits as being a full time military person such as VA loans and whatnot. and this way you won't have to get sent anywhere. The extra monthly income isn't a whole lot but it's a couple hundred dollars for your one weekend a month. plus they feed you :)

just a suggestion...i'm not a recruiter or anything but i figured i'd let you know the options. reserves have some benefits too but i'm not sure what they are. all and all it seems the guard has more benefits per state.

and of course it depends on what state you are in...i would look into how much of your state has deployed in the last three years.


 
FN Posted: Tue Jan 23 11:31:54 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Plus, you'll only be allowed into the air force when pigs can fly.


 
casper Posted: Tue Jan 23 11:49:55 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Plus, you'll only be allowed into the air force when pigs can fly.

huh?


 
FN Posted: Tue Jan 23 12:06:57 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Was a joke towards cherry


 
ifihadahif Posted: Tue Jan 23 12:23:20 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Of course flying pigs do exist you know.
Rosie O'donnell has her own private jet.


 
casper Posted: Tue Jan 23 12:23:44 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  oh ok :) then i'll pretend i understand and smile and nod :)


 
FN Posted: Tue Jan 23 12:47:00 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  casper said:
>oh ok :) then i'll pretend i understand and smile and nod :)

Isn't "when pigs can fly" an english expression as well?

As in "never".


Observe my wittiness damn you


 
addi Posted: Tue Jan 23 12:48:20 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sheesh...give it a rest people.


 
ifihadahif Posted: Tue Jan 23 12:56:29 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>Sheesh...give it a rest people.
>
Back off Addi !
You might not be so keen to end this thread if it were about sheep instead of pigs.
:-)


 
addi Posted: Tue Jan 23 13:14:05 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  the thread is fine..and you can make all the jokes you want here about me and sheep (sometimes I even laugh at them).
Cherry has already stated after casper's post that she's not going to do it. So it's over with her and the air force. Dead topic now.
I just get kind of a queasy feeling in my gut when people find amusement from others with mental disabilities, or feel that digs at them are necessary.

To each their own, but for me it's better left alone and wiser to get back to topics like Bush's incompetence
: )


 
ifihadahif Posted: Tue Jan 23 13:58:12 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:

>To each their own, but for me it's better left alone and wiser to get back to topics like Bush's incompetence
>: )
But didn't you just say you wanted to stay away from those with mental disabilities ?
:-)
Besides, what's wrong with calling Rosie O'donnell a flying pig ?


 
Cherry_Moon Posted: Tue Jan 23 16:33:09 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>I just get kind of a queasy feeling in my gut when people find amusement from others with mental disabilities, or feel that digs at them are necessary.

thank you kindly Addison. You're a sweetheart. i've felt the same way for a while. they could at least kick someone who is there own size. but that'd be fighting like a real man.


 
addi Posted: Tue Jan 23 16:39:53 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>Besides, what's wrong with calling Rosie O'donnell a flying pig ?

because she can't fly.

: )


 
ifihadahif Posted: Wed Jan 24 06:23:28 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mrs.Goodfellow said:
>addi said:
>>I just get kind of a queasy feeling in my gut when people find amusement from others with mental disabilities, or feel that digs at them are necessary.
>
>thank you kindly Addison. You're a sweetheart. i've felt the same way for a while. they could at least kick someone who is there own size. but that'd be fighting like a real man.
>
Excuse me ?
I wasn't aware of anyplace in this thread where I "kicked you", or found amusement in someone with mental disabilites.

For the record, I'm quite familiar with bipolarism and I'm quite sure Cherry is not mentally disabled.


 
addi Posted: Wed Jan 24 07:46:41 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>For the record, I'm quite familiar with bipolarism and I'm quite sure Cherry is not mentally disabled.

I had no idea you were blessed with the gift of long distance diagnosis of psychological disorders. Some psychologists have a difficult time diagnosing it after hours and hours of intense in-person sessions.
The things I don't know about my Kentucky friend!

: )


 
ifihadahif Posted: Wed Jan 24 08:40:59 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>ifihadahif said:
>
>>For the record, I'm quite familiar with bipolarism and I'm quite sure Cherry is not mentally disabled.
>
>I had no idea you were blessed with the gift of long distance diagnosis of psychological disorders. Some psychologists have a difficult time diagnosing it after hours and hours of intense in-person sessions.
>
Doesn't matter, being diagnosed as bipolar doesn't necessarily equate with being mentally disabled.


 
addi Posted: Wed Jan 24 09:52:58 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>Doesn't matter, being diagnosed as bipolar doesn't necessarily equate with being mentally disabled.

sometimes it's okay to admit certain topics are beyond your area of expertise. You could just say, "I'm not sure about this", or not write a thing.
We'd still respect you.

: )


 
ifihadahif Posted: Wed Jan 24 10:32:36 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>ifihadahif said:
>
>>Doesn't matter, being diagnosed as bipolar doesn't necessarily equate with being mentally disabled.
>
>sometimes it's okay to admit certain topics are beyond your area of expertise. You could just say, "I'm not sure about this", or not write a thing.
>We'd still respect you.
>
Sorry dude, you should know by now that nothing is beyond my area of expertise.
:-)

Especially this area. I'm what you might say, intimately familiar with bipolar syndrome.


 
J. Posted: Wed Jan 24 10:34:35 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>>
>Doesn't matter, being diagnosed as bipolar doesn't necessarily equate with being mentally disabled.


Doesn't matter, being diagnosed as bipolar doesn't equate with being mentally disabled. <<< correct. (delete "necessarily")


 
ifihadahif Posted: Wed Jan 24 10:34:49 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>addi said:
>>ifihadahif said:
>>
>>>Doesn't matter, being diagnosed as bipolar doesn't necessarily equate with being mentally disabled.
>>
>>sometimes it's okay to admit certain topics are beyond your area of expertise. You could just say, "I'm not sure about this", or not write a thing.
>>We'd still respect you.
>>
>Sorry dude, you should know by now that nothing is beyond my area of expertise.
>:-)
>
>Especially this area. I'm what you might say, intimately familiar with bipolar syndrome.
>
I think what we might be quibbling over here is how we each might define the term "mentally disabled".

And Cherry, none of my posts in the thread were/are meant to disrespect you in any way.


 
addi Posted: Wed Jan 24 11:11:40 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>Doesn't matter, being diagnosed as bipolar doesn't necessarily equate with being mentally disabled.


this thread isn't about Patient X with mental disorders though, is it?
It's specifically about Cherry and her issues regarding entrance into the Air Force.

a dec. 14th post from Mrs.Goodfellow:
___________________________________
my life is fucked up okay. all of my disorders and etc had me kicked out of my home at 17. i can make fun of it and talk about it with ease because i just can't give a shit anymore. i've been medicated, therapized, hospitalized, treated, and helped for a decade. I'm not even close to my possible potential as a human. And i make an ass out of myself. and i suffer from my varying stuff. and i just deal with it.
i cut for fun. i cut for depression. i cut because something drove me to it. i cut because i need to. it's fucked up and i know it. and i don't care anymore.
the reason i'm so fucked up and an "attention whore" is because of my past. I was adopted at 8 years old. before that for the first 8 years of my life i was repeatedly raped by dad, grandfather, random men my dad would sell me to, and their collective friends. As well as being beaten by all of the above and my mom and grandmother. I was starved, left alone at stores and other places, cigarettes put out on me, and just generally not cared for. And my birth father made repeated attempts to kill me. There's a shitload of other things that would take up pages and pages. Yes i remember it all. And yes even today. I have repeated and severe flashbacks. This is my story. I don't like to think about the nightmares my therapists had having to hear about what I went through. I've had a therapist (who worked in her field 20 years) tell me i was one of the worse cases of child abuse she'd worked with. And she works exculsively with abused kids. I don't LIKE to tell everyone this shit because it's disturbing and not polite conversation. I don't mind telling everyone here because i've been labeled as a punkass emo wannabe.... you know what i wanna be?! i wanna be fucking normal... yeah. boring shit. like a normal mom and dad and being able to go to college and not have nightmares 4/5 times a week that i wake up from. like maybe a normal dialogue with my folks that doesn't involve the words: BPD, flashbacks, medication, treatment possibilities, messed up childhood, a listing of all my shortcomings, etc.

(hope this doesn't bother you Cherry)______________________________________

So pardon me all you psychology experts out there, but to be blunt, you're way out of your league on this. I don't give a rat's ass whether you personally have some form of it; know someone who suffers from it; or have a long list of degrees behind your name....unless you can magically live in her shoes for a week you have no business giving anything remotely close to a diagnosis regarding her mental condition.


 
ifihadahif Posted: Wed Jan 24 11:30:18 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  MY OPINION : based on 2-1/2 years of conversations with Cherry on GT is that, yes she has problems, but no, I would not consider her "mentally disabled".

This is only an opinion, based on certain assumtions, because we have never met face to face and I am not a doctor, but an educated opinion nonetheless.

Addi, am I to understand that you are of the opinion that Cherry is mentally disabled ?


 
J. Posted: Wed Jan 24 11:34:24 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Oh please... the two sexiest men alive on GT.... cut it out.... You guys are way off topic!


*LOL*


 
J. Posted: Wed Jan 24 11:46:56 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>>
>Do you even know what this war is ?

Not anymore.

>It's a counterinsurgency.

Why do they have insurgency in the begin with?

I'd appreciate your point of view on what this war is all about, Mr. hif.




 
addi Posted: Wed Jan 24 11:59:09 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>This is only an opinion, based on certain assumtions, because we have never met face to face and I am not a doctor, but an educated opinion nonetheless.

that's cool.

>Addi, am I to understand that you are of the opinion that Cherry is mentally disabled ?

I don't know what Cherry "is" and won't even venture to take a stab at it since I'm not qualified. I'm not a licensed practicing clinical Psychiatrist or Psychologist and haven't spent a lot of time discussing these things with her even if i was.




 
ifihadahif Posted: Wed Jan 24 11:59:14 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  suenos said:
>Oh please... the two sexiest men alive on GT.... cut it out.... You guys are way off topic!
>
>
>*LOL*
>
See that Addi, there's a doctor out there, thinks I'm sexy !
:-)


 
ifihadahif Posted: Wed Jan 24 12:02:55 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  suenos said:
>ifihadahif said:
>>>
>>Do you even know what this war is ?
>
>Not anymore.
>
>>It's a counterinsurgency.
>
>Why do they have insurgency in the begin with?
>
The insurgents are trying to stop Iraq from becoming a democracy and install their own Islamic theocracy much like the Taliban was in Afghanistan. They are heavily financed by the Iranians.

>I'd appreciate your point of view on what this war is all about, Mr. hif.
>
Wow, you're kidding right ?


 
J. Posted: Wed Jan 24 12:05:05 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>Wow, you're kidding right ?

No, sir. I am dead serious.


 
FN Posted: Wed Jan 24 15:15:09 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Sorry dude, you should know by now that nothing is beyond my area of expertise.

Haha

I like your style


 
FN Posted: Wed Jan 24 15:19:11 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I say if you have issues, deal with them/get some help.

And to be very clear about this: all usually quabble with cherry aside, I'm not being sarcastic this time when I say that I am not downplaying anything


But erratic and impulsive behaviour doesn't fix anything and a bad youth is no excuse for a bad future. I know more than enough people who have had *serious* things happen to them and got their act together as well.


 
addi Posted: Wed Jan 24 16:20:49 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:

>But erratic and impulsive behaviour doesn't fix anything and a bad youth is no excuse for a bad future. I know more than enough people who have had *serious* things happen to them and got their act together as well.

You'd make such a good republican here, Christophe : )
The only problem would be you'd go postal over their ties to evangelical fundamentalism and their foreign policy.

and I think you need to make a distinction between people with biological chemical inbalances in their brain, and those that have "serious" things happen to them, in regards to their ability to get their act together in the future.



 
Cherry_Moon Posted: Wed Jan 24 16:28:55 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i don't remember the sentence where i stated: i'm abused so i can just be a mess up.

Getting my act together is what I'm trying to do. I know I CAN be better. I thought joing the air force could give me the personal structure and help I feel that I've been sorely lacking. Plus I felt the stable job would be nice. And the bonus would help me get out of my hole abit.

At any rate.

i'm not going to pull myself up and do the whole miracle turn around in the next week or so. It's an on going process.

It's fine to repost what I said Addi, My mom's a shrink and she doesn't know quite what is going on with me sometimes. She was my shrink for a while Garden State style...

I do not have disabilities has my brother does. He can't read past 3rd grade level and has trouble writing and etc. He is handicapped because we were both shaken as babies. But that aside. It's not my crutch. I am doing pretty okay so far. I'm doing it by myself and it's kinda not going as smoothly as a young person with help would go but I'm taken care of stuff.

At any rate. I hope that someone heard the state of the union speech besides me... it was really sad.



 
addi Posted: Wed Jan 24 16:36:41 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mrs.Goodfellow said:

>It's fine to repost what I said Addi,

that;s good *phew**. I feel a bit strange discussing something so personal with a member that's here and active.


>At any rate. I hope that someone heard the state of the union speech besides me... it was really sad.

it didn't really make me sad. It mostly made me nauseous. I can literally only watch him for a few minutes at a time before I throw up a little in my mouth. So I change the channel and watch someone intelligent for a while before I switch back to speeches like that.


 
ifihadahif Posted: Wed Jan 24 16:47:11 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I thought it was pretty good, not his best, but still pretty good.

Don'tcha just love it when Shrillary rolls her eyes like that ?


 
Cherry_Moon Posted: Wed Jan 24 16:58:11 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I won't be voting hil... I'm thinking about my options. but she isn't one of them. I would love to have a woman prez but i'm not sure if i'd want her in charge.


 
addi Posted: Wed Jan 24 17:32:25 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>Don'tcha just love it when Shrillary rolls her eyes like that ?

We see eye to eye on that (forgive the pun).

I do think she would be a major improvement over our current prez..hell..you'd be a major improvement, hif : )
If given the opportunity my vote will go to someone else in '08.


 
ifihadahif Posted: Wed Jan 24 17:39:03 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>ifihadahif said:
>
>>Don'tcha just love it when Shrillary rolls her eyes like that ?
>
>We see eye to eye on that (forgive the pun).
>
>I do think she would be a major improvement over our current prez..hell..you'd be a major improvement, hif : )
>If given the opportunity my vote will go to someone else in '08.
>
So far, there's no one with their hat in the ring I care much about. Don't know squat about Duncan Hunter though.
It's too fucking early for this shit anyway.


 
FN Posted: Wed Jan 24 18:47:56 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>You'd make such a good republican here, Christophe :)
>The only problem would be you'd go postal over their ties to evangelical fundamentalism and their foreign policy.

Yes; meaning that I disagree with the republican party on many, many points doesn't make me a liberal. Especially because american liberalism is close to opposite of actual libiralism from what I'm getting, ironicly enough I even feel that the republican party is closer to it than the liberals. On economy for sure.

As I said before, I couldn't vote for socialists (the "liberals") and I couldn't vote for religious nutcases/people who put bush in office either.

Having said that, do not confuse me with the plebs that tries to make itself believe that they have a political awareness by saying "bush sucks" without knowing much more about it.

I'm not saying "bush sucks", I'm saying that I doubt that there aren't more capable people abound to run america, and I'm saying that if the guy's name hadn't been bush he'd have never made it to where he is now on his own merrit. To deny that is to make a fool of yourself in my opinion.

And wether that has happened with previous presidents/senators/in other countries/whatever doesn't change jack shit about that.


 
Kira Posted: Wed Jan 24 19:18:04 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>If given the opportunity my vote will go to someone else in '08.


HA!


 
addi Posted: Wed Jan 24 19:31:06 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>addi said:
>>If given the opportunity my vote will go to someone else in '08.
>
>
>HA!

I have no clue what that means.


 
addi Posted: Wed Jan 24 19:35:49 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:

>I'm not saying "bush sucks", I'm saying that I doubt that there aren't more capable people abound to run america,

if you're not independently wealthy these days it's much harder to run for that office and win...and that's just one factor that limits capable people.

what we could really use is more capable voters here : )


 
Kira Posted: Wed Jan 24 19:42:33 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>Kira said:
>>
>>HA!
>
>I have no clue what that means.

I'm sorry. :) I guess I just thought that should have read, "If given the opportunity my vote will go to [some Democrat other than Hillary] in '08."


 
addi Posted: Wed Jan 24 20:02:42 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:

>I'm sorry. :) I guess I just thought that should have read, "If given the opportunity my vote will go to [some Democrat other than Hillary] in '08."

got it. : )
I thought that was a given so I didn't bother to include that.
It most likely would be another democrat, being as I can't foresee any republican running for office that would be worth a damn.
But will all the republican bashing I do here I am not blindly in bed with the dems either. If, for example, Chuch Hagel(R)would run I would give him serious consideration. I have worked in the past on independant candidates campaigns too.
I guess at the moment I see the dems running as the lesser of two evils, so to speak...
but hif is right, it's too early to be thinking about this now.

*I know I've avoided Libertarian candidates. I just can't get myself to give them serious consideration because of huge differences I have in their government philosophy...so you have my blessing to respond with another "Ha!"
: )


 
Kira Posted: Wed Jan 24 20:27:06 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Eh. The way I see it the lesser of two evils... is still evil. But if you have problems with Libertarian views, that's fine. If you had said you DO like them, but don't want to waste your vote, then I might have had to come up with yet another brillantly eloquent one-word post in rubuttal.


 
addi Posted: Wed Jan 24 20:55:01 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>If you had said you DO like them, but don't want to waste your vote, then I might have had to come up with yet another brillantly eloquent one-word post in rubuttal.

I guess I should be grateful you didn't respond with a sheep reference.
thanks

: )


 
ifihadahif Posted: Wed Jan 24 21:24:19 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>Kira said:
>>If you had said you DO like them, but don't want to waste your vote, then I might have had to come up with yet another brillantly eloquent one-word post in rubuttal.
>
>I guess I should be grateful you didn't respond with a sheep reference.
>thanks
>
>: )
>
Ewe are just so silly.
:-)



 
addi Posted: Wed Jan 24 21:57:00 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>Ewe are just so silly.
>:-)


Curse you, Bald Baron!


 
ifihadahif Posted: Wed Jan 24 22:04:45 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>ifihadahif said:
>
>>Ewe are just so silly.
>>:-)
>
>
>Curse you, Bald Baron!
>
Hey !
Knock it off !
I'm no baron !


 



[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]