Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

So, I find myself graduating in a few short months
Posted: Thu Feb 1 00:30:08 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!!!

What the fuck am I supposed to do now?! Why did I think that applying to Law School would be a good idea? Do I really want to be doing this shit until I'm twenty-seven??

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck!

libra Posted: Thu Feb 1 00:59:59 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  yah. i know what you mean.

antartica Posted: Thu Feb 1 02:18:56 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  just keep doing what you feel you are happiest with...

heck maintain your present job, keep up the websites, all that good stuff

just think of your papers as the last resort fall back plan

worry not, take it as it comes :)

choke Posted: Thu Feb 1 05:12:05 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Go live in a cave! Eat berries!

addi Posted: Thu Feb 1 06:23:27 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:

>What the fuck am I supposed to do now?!

Welcome to the exciting world of life after school. You could apply for a clerk position at "Heidegger R' Us". The pay isn't great, but the uniforms are spiffy.

But why all the angst? If you're going to law school you've got the next several years mapped out for you.

innocenceNonus Posted: Thu Feb 1 11:14:47 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i've heard over and over again from people out of school that school is the best thing since sliced bread and they'd do just about anything to go back.

just what i've heard, but it's been often enough to make me think about getting a phd straight out of undergrad rather than workin.

addi Posted: Thu Feb 1 11:45:42 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  innocenceNonus said:
>i've heard over and over again from people out of school that school is the best thing since sliced bread and they'd do just about anything to go back.

the grass is always greener... : )

Things have changed a lot here (don't know about other countries) over the past few decades. Not that long ago a 4 year college degree meant quite a lot in the work world. These days I hear that because so many are going to college, and because of the highly specialized job market, that it doesn't mean near as much as it once did. BAs are a dime a dozen now.
So many students are discovering that they leave with a degree and still end up finding low paying jobs in some field that has nothing to do with their major...and they're miserable. Added to that most have to start paying back the thousands of dollars they've racked up in government school loans.
Because of this many are deciding to enter grad school (if they can get accepted) and go for a masters or doctorate degree, which will make them much more attractive to potential employers down the road, and usually get them an entry level position with a much higher starting salary.
The kicker to all this is that, even with a higher degree behind you, you better come out with a marketable skill in demand, or you could find yourself flipping burgers for 7 bucks an hour with a PHD behind your name.

mat_j Posted: Mon Feb 19 15:49:59 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe- It's time you got a job Rodin

Phil- Why?

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]