Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Happy CNY!
CorDrine Posted: Tue Feb 20 09:50:37 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Its Chinese New Year season again in Singapore. Wanted to wish all you chinese people, especially Jason, Ant, Chanster, Dancer (longtime no hear), and whoever else who is chinese out there, Gong Xi Fatt Choy!

Chinese luxury food includes: abalone, bird nest, shark fins, and sea cucumber. I don't eat any of it.

What's some of the weird luxury food found in your festive feast? I know people eat rotten shark meat in Russia? Hmmmm....

sweet p Posted: Tue Feb 20 13:02:45 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  happy year of the pig!

Dancer Posted: Tue Feb 20 16:35:26 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hey Cordy.. and the rest of the bunch, Gong xi fa cai! I love CNY.. and win more! :)

choke Posted: Tue Feb 20 18:05:31 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Bird nest? As in, an actual birds nest?

My mum used to make us bird nests but they were mashed potatoes with mince and cheese on top just scooped out to look like a nest.

ifihadahif Posted: Tue Feb 20 18:14:17 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
>Bird nest? As in, an actual birds nest?
>
>My mum used to make us bird nests but they were mashed potatoes with mince and cheese on top just scooped out to look like a nest.
>
And of course you filled it with gravy ?

choke Posted: Tue Feb 20 18:32:56 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>choke said:
>>
>>My mum used to make us bird nests but they were mashed potatoes with mince and cheese on top just scooped out to look like a nest.
>>
>And of course you filled it with gravy ?

We would have sensed something was up. Gravy was used to hide vegetables in those days! God forbid there should be vegetables in a birds nest!

PS Potato is not a vegetable and never will be.

CorDrine Posted: Tue Feb 20 19:49:18 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
>Bird nest? As in, an actual birds nest?
>
The chinese eat what the bird use to make the bird nest --> bird spit! hahahah. There is also another version, where the bird ran out of spit, and uses blood to make the nest. Those are more expensive!

Either way, I don't eat them. They sound scary to me!

Ahriman Posted: Wed Feb 21 03:52:06 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Czernina is pretty good stuff.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]