Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Can't Get No Satisfaction? Have a Cup
addi Posted: Thu Mar 1 09:26:46 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  http://dir.yahoo.com/thespark/7145/caffeine-nation-marches-on

"It [caffeine] releases dopamine in the brain, triggering feelings of pleasure and reward, just like food, sex, and many other drugs."

*and I thought I only drank it for the taste

Posted: Thu Mar 1 12:55:03 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  apparently it helps blood and oxygen flow to the brain, too, and stimulates cell growth. Something like that, i'll have to ask my biochemist cousin again. But, basically, you retain more information when you're caffeine'd up.

Ahriman Posted: Thu Mar 1 14:41:03 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  When you eat or drink anything it helps something in the body do something and at the same time hinders something else. Doesn't make anything better or worse. It all comes down to genetics.

addi Posted: Thu Mar 1 15:19:07 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:
>Something like that, i'll have to ask my biochemist cousin again.

let me know if you find anything out please. I'm interested in anything that helps my memory.
Thanks..umm..what's your face

: )

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Mar 1 15:37:08 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mmmmmmmm . . . . my sweetheart gave me a Starbucks gift card for valentines day. I've thoroughly enjoyed it and still have about 5 visits left on it.

Paulo Posted: Fri Mar 2 09:12:08 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Caffeine aggravates my acid reflux (sigh) as does chocolate, fizzy drinks, fatty foods and alcohol!

addi Posted: Fri Mar 2 09:29:55 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  

that's the saddest thing I've read all morning.
I hope you're not allergic to sex.

antartica Posted: Tue Mar 13 06:41:45 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  oooh... that is good news... i've tried it out on myself before. i am a caffiene dependant...

even when i get enough sleep... rest whatever you wanna call it. i'm zombified all freaking day... i take a cuppa of IANdustrial strength coffee in the late afternoon and i just fucking get alive!!!

p/s a normal cuppa joe for me say in americano terms would be at least 4 shots in a regular cuppa... 5 or 6 would be still bearable... more than that and i actually get nauseous halfway down the cup... so instead of wasting it. i just all steaming hot water :)

mat_j Posted: Mon Mar 19 17:40:19 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>
>
>that's the saddest thing I've read all morning.
>I hope you're not allergic to sex.

bitch would be allergic to changes in emotion if they could just find a name for it and put it non medicaldictionary.com

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]