Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Secret Spots
JesusOnline Posted: Sun Mar 11 09:58:38 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  http://www.boingboing.net/2007/03/04/vanalden_cave_in_tar.html

Don't really know where I'm going with this thread...

Unknown Locations?!?
Favourite holiday spots that aren't mainstream, local restrauants you found from word of mouth, or just your favourite place to sit and let the world go by.

addi Posted: Sun Mar 11 11:40:23 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Judging from the title I thought this was going to be about something else
:)

if we share our secret spots on a public forum they won't be so secret anymore now will they.
If I wrote that one of my favorite secret spots is my back deck looking on a small lake then before you know it I'd be back there basking in glorious solitude and you, Christophe, hif, mat_j, crim, ahriman and the gang would be showing up unannouced saying, "Wow..this *is* spiffy! Where's the beer?"

Cherry_Moon Posted: Sun Mar 11 11:43:29 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>I'd be back there basking in glorious solitude and you, Christophe, hif, mat_j, crim, ahriman and the gang would be showing up unannouced saying, "Wow..this *is* spiffy! Where's the beer?"

I'd *love* to come to GA and visit. :)

addi Posted: Sun Mar 11 11:50:07 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mrs.Goodfellow said:

>I'd *love* to come to GA and visit. :)

and I could show you my secret spots too.
wait...I don't think puck would like that much

Cherry_Moon Posted: Sun Mar 11 14:26:44 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>and I could show you my secret spots too.

pervy addison... be a good boy...

>wait...I don't think puck would like that much

:P i'm sure that you will behave when we come to visit addi *hugs*. Besides I said I wanted to visit you not ludwig ;p

I truly would love to come by and visit this summer. Interested? We could watch one of your tennis matches. And you could show us around GA and play tourist guide alittle. :)

J. Posted: Sun Mar 11 14:43:58 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  My spot:

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o67/JamesDTran/hide_out.jpg

all by myself with a good book, a glass of wine, Horowitz and the beautiful sound of some singing birds from far away.

boondock743 Posted: Sun Mar 11 15:30:11 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  well, there is this spot about 1/4 mi. down the road, and about 50 into the woods, next to a gully. i haven't been there in a long while, but, that spot is one of my absolute favorites becase that's where me and my former best friend used to smoke weed. the spot is so comfortable, and peaceful. we would go there, smoke, and watch as the world went by. so many good times there, so many laughs.

JesusOnline Posted: Sun Mar 11 15:41:00 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
> spiffy!

haha

I love the sunsets/sunrises I can watch when I'm at work. Just open sea for miles around - shame it's at work though.

I'm in the process at buying a new appartment would kill for a view like that.

Posted: Sun Mar 11 15:54:39 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  the top floor of the oldest building on campus is no longer used for classes, so a few friends and myself have setup our impromptu study offices there.

We've befriended the janitor (he likes us) and avoided the security guards (they probably don't know about us), and I'd have to say I spend in the neighbourhood of 12 hours a week studying up there.

Ahriman Posted: Mon Mar 12 10:59:31 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I haven't seen all of the world yet so I can't say I have a favorite anywhere. I'll tell you in a few years. Promise.

innocenceNonus Posted: Mon Mar 12 22:28:23 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  in autumn at a gone-friend's neighborhood lake, where the tall trees look like fire and the water of the man-made lake sings with their reflection.

at the ocean line on crack-of-dawn Sunday mornings when the bite of cold takes getting used to and all the rocks pile atop each other and become islands where lost treasure can be found.

Waffle Houses late at night with shady guests, lazy waitresses, and close friends.

Any one of the grassy knolls on campus that vibrate with past love, smoke, and rushed affairs. They always seem to grow the best, cool grasses that whisper sleep while I'm on my way to class.

Our couch that isn't ours, watching a TV that isn't mine, cracking jokes that belong to all of us as we make cookies and talk about trysts and heartaches.

My bed on lazy afternoons when the sun shifts through the leaves of the tree outside my open window and casts a soft glow on everything. There's always a cool, ocean breeze moving the leaves, and I sometimes try and smell the life in the air. Most of the time, it just smells of salt.

Or my bed on cool nights when the window's open just a crack, and I try to imagine the crickets that would sing me to sleep back home.

Anytime I'm with my family/ close friends, and everything's at peace.

As a side note on this note that's filled with [what i think] cliche nostalgia, sometimes I don't turn the fan on in the bathroom so the steam will build up during my shower and I can imagine being at home in the summertime, when the heat sticks.

choke Posted: Tue Mar 13 19:05:03 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Haven't found any here yet, although the 7th floor of the library is usually nearly empty, always silent, and has a beautiful view of the city. Failing that, there are dark shelves of old books to wander.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]