Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

so,
Posted: Mon Mar 26 23:57:23 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  what's new with you? doing okay?

Kira Posted: Tue Mar 27 00:43:11 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Life is strange. I'm busy and I always thought I would shun the busy life, the kind where a person has several things going on at once and a long list of crap they have to do this week. I'm dreading summer, when work gets most difficult /stressful, but lately I've been conflicted about leaving because, although the work isn't what I want to be doing, the people I work with are so nice. I'm writing a lot and training for a tournament in April, and in general working hard to bring some balance into my life, and with every little victory I make feel more like that much more of a screw-up. How sick is that?

How're things with you?

beetlebum Posted: Tue Mar 27 03:24:31 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i'm happy, but i'm tired.

addi Posted: Tue Mar 27 05:58:46 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  just woke up. no coffee yet. my hair is out of control. have to report for jury duty and do my good citizen thing.
should be a day today.

Paulo Posted: Tue Mar 27 07:00:10 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm not bad, rather sunny day here, and I can pretend the hills of the Rhondda are in fact the hills of Hollywood.

I'm sat at my PC trying to avoid writing a radio play (they are easier to get made, at least in blighty)

I'm also waiting for a call back from the optician about an eye test... too much masturbation methinks...

addi Posted: Tue Mar 27 07:22:28 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Paulo said:

>... too much masturbation methinks...

lol
Never! it stirs the creative juices.

off to the courthouse for me. I hope they choose me to be a juror..I'm in the mood to convict someone today. I blame Bush.

Ahriman Posted: Tue Mar 27 08:41:01 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  No idea. I might apply to work at the Athenauem Hotel over the summer not sure though. I would live at the place while working there all summer. Kind of defeats my fuck work and go fishing logic.

CorDrine Posted: Tue Mar 27 10:07:14 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  been idealistic about life, and getting dissapointed till no end. I think I should just go stay in some corner of the world and forget about the rest of the world.....

Yeah, so, back to you, how have you been? Better I hope :)

FN Posted: Tue Mar 27 11:06:40 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Very busy

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Tue Mar 27 11:16:10 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm doing good,
There's a nice rhytm in my life, a good balance between school, friends, love and doing things I want to do...

I leave for France in 3 days so that makes me even more happy, I'm making so much other travelplans and discussing what we'll do when the sun is up and the sky is blue :)

But i know it isn't going to last, next week will probably be my last week of peace , afterwards it's just going to be studying stuyding and more studying and hoping that i won't have to restudy it in august, caus' that would screw up my vacation ...

But at the moment, life is great :)

Ahriman Posted: Tue Mar 27 14:19:16 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CorDrine said:
>been idealistic about life, and getting dissapointed till no end. I think I should just go stay in some corner of the world and forget about the rest of the world.....

You mean the White House

Ba-ziiiing

libra Posted: Tue Mar 27 14:25:52 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Good. Spring Break. Trying to get myself to study for the GRE. Graduating pretty soon.

kurohyou Posted: Tue Mar 27 16:36:06 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  5 weeks to go in my academy... I just hope the light at the end of the tunnel is not a train.

In process w/ three agencies... Recieved a conditional offer from one last week... will probably be working for them come June unless I fail my psych test... which is possible...

Interviewed with another agency today, smaller, slower, but pays well... we'll see...

Met up with an old friend on the ultimate waste of internet time and talked with her for most of the day... makes me nostalgic.

Right now I need a vacation...

Not that it matters...

ifihadahif Posted: Tue Mar 27 17:32:28 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Getting ready for a mini vacation. Gonna spend 3 days in Chattanooga tooling around the aquarium and the choo-choo and whatnot.
Looking forward to that.

addi Posted: Tue Mar 27 18:51:48 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Getting ready for a mini vacation. Gonna spend 3 days in Chattanooga tooling around the aquarium and the choo-choo and whatnot.

you're only 2 1/2 hours from here. Just come to Atlanta and see our new bigger aquarium..there's lots of fishes, and mermaids too : )

beetlebum Posted: Tue Mar 27 19:52:02 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:

>
>you're only 2 1/2 hours from here. Just come to Atlanta and see our new bigger aquarium..there's lots of fishes, and mermaids too : )

sounds like it's a veritable trove with treasures untold. i mean really, how many wonders can one cavern hold?

addi Posted: Tue Mar 27 20:51:14 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  experienced my first criminal case today as a juror. Can't believe the laywers actually wanted me on the jury...the fools. It was a really interesting experience. The defendant was charged with a DUI and carrying a concealed weapon...I wanted to give him the chair, but calmer heads prevailed, so he got a hefty fine and community service and lost his license for a year. oh well..next time

: )

CorDrine Posted: Tue Mar 27 21:04:56 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ~Just Imagine~ said:
>...I'm making so much other travelplans and discussing what we'll do when the sun is up and the sky is blue :)
>

dammit! That's how I want my life to be too! Outdoor enjoying the sun instead of stuck in the office when the sun is shining and the sky is blue!

ifihadahif Posted: Tue Mar 27 21:14:51 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>ifihadahif said:
>>Getting ready for a mini vacation. Gonna spend 3 days in Chattanooga tooling around the aquarium and the choo-choo and whatnot.
>
>you're only 2 1/2 hours from here. Just come to Atlanta and see our new bigger aquarium..there's lots of fishes, and mermaids too : )
>
But Chattanooga's got the choo-choo, and besides mermaids are not really that much fun . . . they can't uncross their leg.
:-)

jennemmer Posted: Wed Mar 28 00:30:12 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Just spent two days downhill skiing with my mom and sister for my mom's 50th birthday (it was her present to herself). I hadn't been in at least 8 years. I'm stiff but very happy.

Posted: Wed Mar 28 01:03:09 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  :)

I'm doing well enough. Listening to a lot of new music and writing a lot of interesting papers preparing for my graduation. I've only got a dozen or so hours of class time left until my undergrad is finished.

Still waiting for the final word on this SF thing. I'll keep you guys posted - I'm still all sorts of hopeful.

beetlebum Posted: Wed Mar 28 03:53:24 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  does anybody have recommendations on programs that can be used on macs to make writing math equations easier to write? (jenn, perhaps?) because i'm at a loss and i've been doing all of my practice essays by hand (as in the exam) but our tutor requires us to be proficient in writing rather involved economics equations on the computer.

just thought i'd check here, because all i can find is stuff for PCs. (christophe, shut yo mouth! big grin.)

also, completely unrelated, it's nice to see people checking in.

novemberrain Posted: Wed Mar 28 05:24:20 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  trying to find a new apartment or a roommate and looking into a Master's Program

other than that, life is quite a bit stressful, but I am trying to remedy that

addi Posted: Wed Mar 28 07:17:49 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  jennemmer said:
>I'm stiff but very happy.

I'm usually pretty happy when I'm stiff too.

*just couldn't pass up on that one :(

addi Posted: Wed Mar 28 07:21:45 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:

>i mean really, how many wonders can one cavern hold?

three

you and your fancy smancy english Oxford vocabulary.

beetlebum Posted: Wed Mar 28 09:59:13 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>beetlebum said:
>
>>i mean really, how many wonders can one cavern hold?
>
>three
>
>
>you and your fancy smancy english Oxford vocabulary.
>
>: )

ha! i wish! it was a line from a song in the film "the little mermaid." sadly. i'm pathetic. :(

Cherry_Moon Posted: Wed Mar 28 10:37:43 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Birthday joy!

i'm going to see The Decemberists for my birthday! It's a sold out show and I found tickets. I am so unfriggin excited. April 3rd. And I'm going. I'm really going. Even though i thought i wasn't going to make it to see them perform. I want to dance and sing and act retarded. I am so excited!

Fondue dinner and ice cream cake for dessert (vanilla bean ice cream with black cherries and graham cracker crust mixed in. with red velvet cake layers and sandwhiched inbetween the ice cream and the cake there will be a layer of black cherries). Lots of friends and presents and fun. This year my birthday rocks! Decemberists, awesome cake and dinner, presents, and my friends! whooot!!!

plus. i'm getting a 2005 scion xA whoot. I'm having too much fun at the moment. one week till my birthday and I'm having too much fun... :)

okay *goes off to be hyper elsewhere* got to go pick up the decemberists tickets :P

libra Posted: Wed Mar 28 11:45:49 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:
>addi said:
>>beetlebum said:
>>
>>>i mean really, how many wonders can one cavern hold?
>>
>>three
>>
>>
>>you and your fancy smancy english Oxford vocabulary.
>>
>>: )
>
>ha! i wish! it was a line from a song in the film "the little mermaid." sadly. i'm pathetic. :(

I recognized it, and it made me happy. It was one of my favorite songs when I was little. And i'll still sing along if i here it..

Ahriman Posted: Wed Mar 28 15:50:59 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm cleaning out the apartment. Looking for a new roomie. Really don't care who they are so long as they've got a paycheck.

beetlebum Posted: Thu Mar 29 10:21:53 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>beetlebum said:
>>addi said:
>>>beetlebum said:
>>>
>>>>i mean really, how many wonders can one cavern hold?
>>>
>>>three
>>>
>>>
>>>you and your fancy smancy english Oxford vocabulary.
>>>
>>>: )
>>
>>ha! i wish! it was a line from a song in the film "the little mermaid." sadly. i'm pathetic. :(
>
>I recognized it, and it made me happy. It was one of my favorite songs when I was little. And i'll still sing along if i here it..

:D thanks for having my back. i can still remember walking into the kitchen and spying my little sister trying to brush her hair with a fork.

addi Posted: Thu Mar 29 11:13:02 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:

>:D thanks for having my back. i can still remember walking into the kitchen and spying my little sister trying to brush her hair with a fork.

Ariel was so hot!

jennemmer Posted: Thu Mar 29 19:04:56 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:
>libra said:
>>beetlebum said:

>>>ha! i wish! it was a line from a song in the film "the little mermaid." sadly. i'm pathetic. :(
>>
>>I recognized it, and it made me happy. It was one of my favorite songs when I was little. And i'll still sing along if i here it..
>
>:D thanks for having my back. i can still remember walking into the kitchen and spying my little sister trying to brush her hair with a fork.

It's a great song. It actually made it onto one of my mixed tapes and fairly recently too ;)

Ahriman Posted: Fri Mar 30 16:18:51 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mrs.Goodfellow said:
>i'm going to see The Decemberists for my birthday! It's a sold out show and I found tickets. I am so unfriggin excited. April 3rd. And I'm going. I'm really going. Even though i thought i wasn't going to make it to see them perform. I want to dance and sing and act retarded. I am so excited!

They're here tonight.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Fri Mar 30 18:17:17 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  sadness:

my cake order was canceled, no fondue dinner, the tickets had to be canceled. no birthday party, no cake, no dinner, no decemberists.

:(

oh well. i was hoping for better. i think i'll just stick to being home in bed with the pillows over my head.

they drastically cut my hours at work so i didn't think that it'd be safe to spend so much on my birthday. life sucks these last couple days.

*limps off*

Silentmind Posted: Fri Mar 30 18:17:39 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:
>does anybody have recommendations on programs that can be used on macs to make writing math equations easier to write? (jenn, perhaps?) because i'm at a loss and i've been doing all of my practice essays by hand (as in the exam) but our tutor requires us to be proficient in writing rather involved economics equations on the computer.
>
>just thought i'd check here, because all i can find is stuff for PCs. (christophe, shut yo mouth! big grin.)

MathType 5

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Mar 30 20:01:07 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mrs.Goodfellow said:
>sadness:
>
>my cake order was canceled, no fondue dinner, the tickets had to be canceled. no birthday party, no cake, no dinner, no decemberists.
>
>:(
>
>oh well. i was hoping for better. i think i'll just stick to being home in bed with the pillows over my head.
>
>they drastically cut my hours at work so i didn't think that it'd be safe to spend so much on my birthday. life sucks these last couple days.
>
>*limps off*
>
Sorry to hear that Cherry,
Happy birthday anyway, things will get better, they always do.

innocenceNonus Posted: Sat Mar 31 05:47:32 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mrs.Goodfellow said:
>sadness:
>
>my cake order was canceled, no fondue dinner, the tickets had to be canceled. no birthday party, no cake, no dinner, no decemberists.
>
>:(
>
>oh well. i was hoping for better. i think i'll just stick to being home in bed with the pillows over my head.
>
>they drastically cut my hours at work so i didn't think that it'd be safe to spend so much on my birthday. life sucks these last couple days.
>
>*limps off*

that is very, very, very sad.

sorry.

innocenceNonus Posted: Sat Mar 31 05:53:21 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  checking in a little late.

just spent a week in New Orleans doin' some relief work. was fun and brought me back to where i needed to be.

just checked grades: 2 b's, 2 c's. not happy.

i have the most unfortunate fortune of being lazy when it comes to something i must do. when it comes to something i needn't, i have the most amazing amount of abounding energy. pity i needn't go to school or work.

but it has its perks.

also of note: i dislike it when people look down their noses at others' beliefs.

disagreeing doesn't mean disregarding or distancing. bah.

bah black-sheep, have you any wool?

jennemmer Posted: Sat Apr 7 05:30:59 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It's been a tough week. One of our magnets blew up - which will probabaly add an extra year between now and me getting data for my graduate thesis. Oh and I just drove my fiancee to the airport tonight after having him visit for a week and a half... fun times all around :p

mat_j Posted: Sun Apr 8 10:13:07 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  jennemmer said:
>It's been a tough week. One of our magnets blew up - which will probabaly add an extra year between now and me getting data for my graduate thesis. Oh and I just drove my fiancee to the airport tonight after having him visit for a week and a half... fun times all around :p

jees jen, when you said one of our magnets blew up i think it must have been the sexiest thing i ever heard!!

jees i'm weird!

jennemmer Posted: Sun Apr 8 13:01:53 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:

>jees jen, when you said one of our magnets blew up i think it must have been the sexiest thing i ever heard!!
>
>jees i'm weird!

Well, judging from the aftermath it must have been an impressiven event ... I'm pretty glad that I wasn't there when it happened though.

baristapro Posted: Tue Apr 10 23:06:50 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  things are good.

addi Posted: Wed Apr 11 07:27:16 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  baristapro said:
>things are good.

*phew*!

We've all been very concerned about you, baristapro

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]