Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Easter humor
ifihadahif Posted: Sun Apr 8 07:24:07 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Three blondes died and found themselves standing before St. Peter. He told them that before they could enter the Kingdom, they had to tell him what Easter represented. The first blonde said, "Easter is a holiday where they have a big feast and we give thanks and eat turkey." St.Peter said, "Noooooo," and he banished her to Hell. The second blonde said,"Easter is when we celebrate Jesus' birth and exchange gifts." St.Peter said, "Noooooo," and he banished her to Hell. The third blonde said she knew what Easter was, and St. Peter said,"So, tell me." She said," Easter is a Christian holiday that coincides with the Jewish festival of Passover. Jesus was having Passover feast with his disciples when He was betrayed by Judas, and the Romans arrested him and hung him on the cross and eventually He died. Then they buried Him in a tomb behind a very large boulder... " St. Peter said, "Verrrrrry good." Then the blonde continued, "Now, every year the Jews roll away the boulder and Jesus comes out. If he sees his shadow, we have six more weeks of basketball." St. Peter fainted.

DanSRose Posted: Sun Apr 8 09:19:51 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
> ... "Now, every year the Jews roll away the boulder and Jesus comes out. If he sees his shadow, we have six more weeks of basketball."

That's the story I was told in Sunday school.

mat_j Posted: Sun Apr 8 10:26:35 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  But isn't it just so true

DanSRose Posted: Sun Apr 8 21:46:19 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  What do you eat for Easter? (serious question.)

For a Passover meal, we just had london broil, latkes (potato pancakes are delicious, and matzah made from the blood Christian babies (serious up to a point)

I was in Astoria, Queens, a heavily Greek area, last night and saw part of the celebration of Holy Saturday. The celebration I saw involved a part of the procession involving the Holy Flame, which led to a massive fireworks display. Awesome.
But seriously, what is a normal Easter meal?

choke Posted: Sun Apr 8 22:41:05 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I don't know, but I've been having hot cross buns for breakfast and lunch everyday since they started selling them again. I wish they sold them all year round :(

Ahriman Posted: Mon Apr 9 00:53:06 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I gave up meat

Ahriman Posted: Mon Apr 9 00:54:09 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  nothing to do with Easter. Just had a sudden moment of clarification at work. No more meat.

CorDrine Posted: Mon Apr 9 02:04:33 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman said:
>I gave up meat

was it hard to do? What made you suddenly decide to do it?

addi Posted: Mon Apr 9 06:58:29 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman said:
>I gave up meat

has meat given up on you?

I just can't get myself to that point. I'm eating less of it than I did years ago, but I don't know if I'll ever get to the point of completely elimating all meat from my tummy...too yummy.
I must admit that after watching "Charlotte's Web" last night I'm beginning to feel queezy about eating pig..they're just so damn smart...and "RADIANT".

: )

http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g294/Addi_2006/?action=view¤t=pork.jpg

innocenceNonus Posted: Tue Apr 10 03:55:51 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  how many vegetarians/ vegans are there on GT??

i myself just started last december.

Ahriman Posted: Tue Apr 10 10:09:47 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I had just cut up the 240th lb of chicken at work and I just stopped. I laid my knife down and stepped back. So many dead animals right in front of me. Just couldn't stand it anymore. So no more.

libra Posted: Tue Apr 10 14:03:00 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I don't eat pig or lamb.

Or fish on the hurting the environment list.

addi Posted: Tue Apr 10 15:50:56 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:

>Or fish on the hurting the environment list.

there are fish hurting the environment?
"Bad fish! No!"

I can respect the choice to be vegitarian...as long as they don't hate on us carnivores.

choke Posted: Tue Apr 10 17:52:15 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm vegetarian at home because all my family are. And I prefer meals without meat. But when I go out or am at other peoples houses I have no problem at all with eating it.

CorDrine Posted: Tue Apr 10 22:02:32 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I am trying.... but its kinda hard cause everytime I go out with friends, or there is a celebration around the corner, I'll give in.

And my weakness is a nice juicy steak!

FN Posted: Tue Apr 10 22:42:09 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Meh, people are carnivores, tough luck on the stuff that gets eaten.

Think about it, would that chicken not eat you if it could.

It like so totally would, like, totally.

Don't get me wrong though, I believe that the animals killed for consumption should be treated with the decency worthy of a counscious living being and be put to death when tranquillized, no the halal kind of way.

libra Posted: Wed Apr 11 02:02:08 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I don't have a problem with meat eating except for two things. (I'm perfectly aware that we are omnivores, and it is our wide diet that allowed for us to evolve as we have):

1. when the practices used in raising animals are dangerous for the environment. (that includes practices that make the food itself dangerous for us)

2. when the animals are treated inhumanely in the short period of time they are actually alive.

addi Posted: Wed Apr 11 07:25:01 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:

>Think about it, would that chicken not eat you if it could.

now I don't feel so guilty having fried chicken for dinner last night.

I wonder if vegitables would eat me if they could?
I've been told I'm quite delicious.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]