Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Back after years
JAZER Posted: Mon Apr 9 12:08:26 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hello everyone. Glad to see that GT crowd is still around, somewhat changed but still some familiar faces. Hows it goin hif? We got Gillespie!

libra Posted: Mon Apr 9 16:26:10 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hey Jazer!!

Good to hear from you!

boondock743 Posted: Mon Apr 9 17:38:49 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i dont think i remember u, srry.
but good to have u back anyway :)

Posted: Mon Apr 9 17:40:21 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  whatcha been up to?

choke Posted: Mon Apr 9 18:27:06 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Wow, hello :D

HSolo216 Posted: Mon Apr 9 19:54:10 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  JAZER said:
>We got Gillespie!

Howdy! College Station already misses him. I think he'll do a great job in Kentucky though.

Mesh Posted: Mon Apr 9 20:45:05 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm still here.

Sometimes.

FN Posted: Tue Apr 10 08:25:43 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm still lurking as well.

And when I come out of the shadows, I bring humorous gifts:

http://www.thestar.com/article/200265
http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070404/NEWS01/304030027/-1/CINCI
http://www.zv-magazine.be/sfw/most_hated_family_america

Ahriman Posted: Tue Apr 10 10:07:30 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  What's goin down bucky done gun?

Nikki Posted: Wed Apr 11 07:19:18 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ha ha ha me too ;-)

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Apr 12 06:31:08 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Jazer, glad you're back !
What you been up to ? Still in school ?

I've been out of town for a few days away from my computer and GT.

antartica Posted: Mon Apr 16 00:29:43 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hey Jazer, how you doing?

i've been lurking and DBF'ing a lot too... :)

but it's always good to see that the old crowd has never really gone away for good :)

addi Posted: Mon Apr 16 08:26:36 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  antartica said:

>but it's always good to see that the old crowd has never really gone away for good :)

yes it is. Us old guys like the old crowd : )

and speaking of "old crowd"..Ahem....if any of the following are lurking it would be (in Borat voice) "Nicceee" to hear from you

sweet P
Chan
misszero
jenn
nov
marsi
libra
casper
tiff
mark
suenos
b'bum
asswipe
dancer
mat_j
beep
cherry
puck
paulo
jesus
maybe
andariel

not talkin' about being a posting slut, like me...just adding your 2 cents around here a little more often. you're missed.

marsi Posted: Mon Apr 16 16:23:12 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hello.
I'm still here.
Haven't been well last week. Some virus took away all my energy. But I'm getting better.

libra Posted: Mon Apr 16 18:23:31 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  sorry.

i still read everything.

but i'm so busy. I'm sure you'll see me back on here A LOT during finals when i'm trying to procrastinate.

sweet p Posted: Tue Apr 17 16:51:08 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  heyo.
i'm here!
i only get the chance to read every other thread these days but i try to stop by as much as i can. i just have too much stuff to do recently.
i'm looking to get a new computer soon - that'll get me addicted to sitting on my butt in no time.

i hope everyone's well.
spring came to toronto and then left again. i've been sick ever since!
i've also got shin splints. shit, they're the worst.
i miss ya kids.

sweet p Posted: Tue Apr 17 16:52:10 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ps. Hi Jazer!

beetlebum Posted: Tue Apr 17 17:16:38 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hi jazer!
hi everybody else!

i'm so busy too. i have finals exams coming up, i've been travelling alot. i don't know; i just find myself just running from one thing to the next. :)

(but it's good to see everyone 'round these parts. thanks for the roll call, addi!)

choke Posted: Tue Apr 17 18:57:04 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  sweet p said:

>i've also got shin splints. shit, they're the worst.

Ohhhh matie potatie I feel your pain, I hate those!

And I'm here, home for the holidays, which is now the only place I can afford internet. Holidays are almost over so I shall say hello, goodbye, don't kill spiders :)

I have somehow turned into my mother, in my flat I turn off lights, rinse out cans, worry about power bills, rubbish day, bus passes, rent, make the boys do their jobs, and relax into chairs as if they could somehow transport me to paradise.

(Sometimes I even write essays and go to lectures)

I love it!

Caspar_Esq. Posted: Thu Apr 19 12:18:29 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Just found this site by chance during Googling for other stuff.

Seems like a great site, with an interesting forum crowd, which is not so usual! Only thing is though, seems the forums are slow to the point of dying. Or has it always been slow paced around here?

Anyway, plenty of archives for me to dig through until I go and do something productive!
C

FN Posted: Thu Apr 19 12:32:49 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Always been rather slow, which is probably why it survives with quite a lot of people who've literally been around for years, as they just post when they feel like it/have time.

I myself for example, according to the member list, registered on 13 May 2002, so it's been almost 5 years now.

Have fun with the archives, just don't bring up the 2 (?) great (accidental?) purges when you notice the archives are abruptly cut off at some point. It's still touchy ;o)

FN Posted: Thu Apr 19 12:37:19 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  For example, the earliest wordgame thread that seems to be available is wordgame IX.

Maybe we should get that thing started again *hides*

search the forum for subjects with the keyword

word

It even got to the sad point of

http://generationterrorists.com/cgi-bin/forum/forum.cgi?action=view&thread_id=49835

Ah, sweet absurdity.

beetlebum Posted: Thu Apr 19 13:14:54 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  http://web.archive.org/web/20030610230459/generationterrorists.com/~jason/cgi-bin/forum/forum.cgi?action=view&thread_id=17906

oh christophe, you were so dashing then. but now you're an old old man. tragic. :D

beetlebum Posted: Thu Apr 19 13:15:57 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  and that's the earliest forum page archived i could find.

beetlebum Posted: Thu Apr 19 13:18:50 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  http://web.archive.org/web/20030610224245/generationterrorists.com/~jason/cgi-bin/forum/forum.cgi

that would've helped.

and also, i just checked and i registered 26 may 2002. woah. how i lurked. (how i still do.)

addi Posted: Thu Apr 19 16:09:27 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:

>Maybe we should get that thing started again *hides*

Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

: )

and welcome the GT "slow as molasses in a minneasota winter" forum, casper...where the women are sassy, the men are scruffy looking, and all the Belgians are above average.

Things usually don't move lightening fast here, but old timers like me prefer it that way (we're real slow readers). But if you have the patience to wait things out you'll find some interesting people and interesting topics to chime in on.

libra Posted: Thu Apr 19 18:56:08 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I think we either move really slow or really fast most of the time. We either get all excited about some debate or just kind of trickle in posts about random things.

jennemmer Posted: Fri Apr 20 23:01:59 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Every time I think things might finally start settiling into some sort of pattern everything changes again. My time on the internet has sort of gotten relegated to checking e-mail while I eat breakfast and then again at 3:30 quickly to make sure I can get stuff from work e-mails dealt with by the end of the day. It's been almost a month since I've had a weekend to speak of. I'm _really_ looking forward to getting to sleep in tomorrow.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]