Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Loyalty to Country
Mc Cobb Posted: Wed Apr 18 23:31:51 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Is being loyal to family and country evil if you know wrong doings are carred out by them? Who's side do you take when wrong actions are being done in the name of good. What I am saying is, Are we right in backing our leaders while they are doing wrong, even when the opposite may look like and benefit a group of people who do not like Us, and may some day harm us? Or does doing the right thing sometimes mean that you are on the lossing side? These questions have no correct answers, but are asked so that we question. Question what you ask.........EVERYTHING.
"See you on the inside"

Ahriman Posted: Thu Apr 19 02:08:28 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  We are all human. Simple as that.

FN Posted: Thu Apr 19 05:14:00 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Try being a little less abstract maybe.

innocenceNonus Posted: Thu Apr 19 05:14:38 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  For me, I was born and raised in the US. Do I agree with the war? No. Do I agree with a handful of other things that have happened through the US? No. But it is my home.

Similarly, my family is my family.

So, to answer the question in a less vague but more succinct way, I may support my country and my family without supporting their actions. Sometimes, the better support is the protest of wrong actions.

addi Posted: Thu Apr 19 06:52:10 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Try being a little less abstract maybe.

: )

>Is being loyal to family and country evil if you know wrong doings are carred out by them?

yes

>Are we right in backing our leaders while they are doing wrong,

no

*the trick is knowing when your country is justified in its actions and when its not. that's not always easy to determine.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]