Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

welcome to Boredom
mat_j Posted: Sun May 20 07:23:05 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hello and welcome to the shitty state of Boredom, the sea maybe silent in miscellaneous and the sky may end in Risky and there may be more Skis in the Russian phonebook but it's ok here, we've just got the think of something to do (Apprently there's more to do in Dodo but forgedaboutit)

Billy Pilgrim Posted: Sun May 20 07:24:23 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  you on the msn yer taffy shyzer?

addi Posted: Sun May 20 07:42:34 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I've been to that state once. The food was bland, the prostitutes overpriced, and the general populace was sassy. I suggest you pack up and leave the land of Boredom immediately. Go west young man, to the state of Perpetual Excitement.

ifihadahif Posted: Sun May 20 08:14:49 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>I've been to that state once. The food was bland, the prostitutes overpriced, and the general populace was sassy. I suggest you pack up and leave the land of Boredom immediately. Go west young man, to the state of Perpetual Excitement.
>
And remember if you experience an erection for more than 4 hours, get thee to an immediate care center.

addi Posted: Sun May 20 08:28:37 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>And remember if you experience an erection for more than 4 hours, get thee to an immediate care center.

not a concern for me. I'm tickled pink if I can keep one for 15 minutes...unless I'm under the influence, in which case it lasts for 3 hours and 50.7694435 minutes. I keep a stopwatch handy.

oh dear

innocenceNonus Posted: Sun May 20 09:28:58 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hah.

I've got a better town to be in right now [sarcasm? dripping]:

the town of Betrayal

Got an ex-lover who cheated on you? A family member that stole all your money and left you for rot? Or [in my case] a couple of friends who were never really your friends to begin with but lied to you with all they could??

Betrayal. A town of wasted sincerity and wasted time.

A town full of liars and saints. Sinners and victims. People who knew better and people who will.

This is my town tonight. A town that forbids sleep as you unravel each of its layers, traveling far as you can to find the center, in search of some sort of truth and goodness in the whole thing-

but you can't find any.

All you can do is mend that broken heart on your own and hope it's better for the wear.

And post on GT forums, taking advantage of anonymous ears e-opened.

Story follows. It's melodramatic and stupid-- the ramblings of some college kid thousands of miles from home and wishing she could be ANYWHERE but in this town.

Never makes for good reading.

SO...

one of my friends was really good friends with a group of guys. our group of girls ended up meeting this group of guys, and we all started hanging out. and then, one of our girls developed interest in this guy. and he had interest in her.

and they were in a relationship for about a month. and this guy got whiff of an ex and dumped her. broke her heart.

and that triggered a ton of other emotional wreckage that had been building up for years and years. and the dam broke.

but my role in all this is fairly simple: because we had been friends before their relationship, i continued to consider him a friend. and after the relationship ended, i still considered him a friend.

now, the girl who went out with him considered this a VILE betrayal. and her best friend, who is also a friend of mine, agreed. she, even though she was friends with him before him, ended her friendship with the guy. not out of goading, but out of her own will.

but because the rest of our group of girls didn't do the same, we were seen as betrayers... choosing him over her.
and it hurt her that she couldn't be friends with him like the way we were friends with him.

so she grew angry. and began not talking to us.

and i had no idea why she was mad, not even knowing she was considering my friendship with him a betrayal. and so my heart began to break... and break... and break. i live with her, so it makes for a crappy environment to live in.

well, one day while we were eating in the cafeteria, we saw him. i was friendly, and shortly after he left, she broke down into tears and storm out, followed by her best friend.

they didn't come back for a few hours. i called them [everyone else having already left the table and all their stuff] and told them i'd bring their stuff back to the apartment.

which i did. i bussed the table. brought the stuff back. i even folded her sweater and wrote a note on it saying, "Come Hell or high water, I will always love you. -kat"

I never heard anything about it. We remained on rocky terms as we continued not to talk. And finally, i confronted her about it.

And in typical girl fashion, we TALKED it out.

And for the past few days, everything's been good. But today, I was in her room, playing with the extendable keyboard drawer... and lo and behold, i find my note.

ripped up.

her best friend did it. i won't even begin to enumerate all the lame excuses offered. all i could feel was my heart sinking and my stomach turning. and thinking a cutting and true reply to each one of her lies.

these are people i live with. people who at the beginning of the school year I considered among my closest friends. who at one point i felt were my family.

i know they've talked smack about me. and i know how often they've nitpicked at me and everything i've done FOR THEM [you have NO IDEA how much money i've spent FEEDING and PROVIDING for this suite].

betrayal. what a friendship killer. just when you think everything is GREAT, in it comes to tear your home apart.

you bet your bottom dollar i fought that pain and won. you bet your bottom dollar i put it into a box and hid it in my heart to open up later. and you can bet the very last dollar you'll ever own that when I opened that box, it near crushed my heart with betrayal.

what suck.

addi Posted: Sun May 20 09:41:26 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahhh...the trials and tribulations of roomies, friends, and college relationships. I vaguely remember those days. Don't mean to trivialize this, I know the hurt is very real at this moment....but it will pass, you'll move on and do just fine, and be a better person for it. Weeding out true friends from phoney friends is always a painful process.

I know I'll get bitch slapped for writing this, but in my experience I've noticed that this kind of crap happens more between females than it does between male relationships. They seem to be a bit more caddy and back stabbing than guys within relationships.

innocenceNonus Posted: Sun May 20 09:48:24 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>Ahhh...the trials and tribulations of roomies, friends, and college relationships. I vaguely remember those days. Don't mean to trivialize this, I know the hurt is very real at this moment....but it will pass, you'll move on and do just fine, and be a better person for it. Weeding out true friends from phoney friends is always a painful process.

hahaha. no worries. much as it hurts, it by no means has hurt as some other stuff i've had to endure. just kinda sucks finding out people you thought were so TRUE turned out to be such fake posing USERS.

kinda pissed about all the money i spent. shoot.

>I know I'll get bitch slapped for writing this, but in my experience I've noticed that this kind of crap happens more between females than it does between male relationships. They seem to be a bit more caddy and back stabbing than guys within relationships.

uhhhhhhh.... i might get slapped for saying this, but i kinda agree. it's because girls typically use more verbal communication, whereas males use more physical communication [haha... or NONE].

but i think the use of words always opens up the possibility of MASS MISUNDERSTANDING. plus, we think if we use words to fight, it's always better than using our fists.

shoot, i kinda wish girls could just duke it out like guys do...

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Sun May 20 12:21:08 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  innocenceNonus said:

>
>>I know I'll get bitch slapped for writing this, but in my experience I've noticed that this kind of crap happens more between females than it does between male relationships. They seem to be a bit more caddy and back stabbing than guys within relationships.
>
>uhhhhhhh.... i might get slapped for saying this, but i kinda agree. it's because girls typically use more verbal communication, whereas males use more physical communication [haha... or NONE].
>
>but i think the use of words always opens up the possibility of MASS MISUNDERSTANDING. plus, we think if we use words to fight, it's always better than using our fists.
>
>shoot, i kinda wish girls could just duke it out like guys do...

Hmm I kinda dissagree... The typical answer is that it depends on the character of the person...

I never experienced the backstabbing fights or so in any of my frienships with girls, but maybe i'm just na´ve :)

One of my best friends dated another one of my good friends, they got to know eachother because of me
Last vacation we where on together the girl friend betrayed him with some other guy who came along with us...
And she decided that she really liked this new guy, and they're stil together now...

That week I spend conforting both of them, the boy who came to me crying because she did this to him,
And she also came, because she remained one of my best friends, and needed confort also.

Not one of them blaimed me for trying to confort the other, they both realised I was there for both of them, and the relation stuff was up to them

You can't make your friends choose a side, as they made you choose a side Innocence !
Like addi said, you'll find out who your real friends are along the way ;)

innocenceNonus Posted: Mon May 21 18:09:55 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  thanks, guys. : )

ifihadahif Posted: Mon May 21 18:31:47 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  innocenceNonus said:
>thanks, guys. : )
>
I think you're way smarter than most of your so-called friends.
:-)

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]