Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Question
CorDrine Posted: Tue May 22 12:35:21 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  what has no form, but is every form? what is nothing, but yet is everything?

DanSRose Posted: Tue May 22 16:49:48 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I miss riddles. I reread that part of The Hobbit hundreds of times.

Life?
Love?
Time?

innocenceNonus Posted: Tue May 22 19:46:02 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i would say Life... or God.

kurohyou Posted: Tue May 22 20:03:47 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I don't think there is an answer. What the question seems to speak of is that which is undefined. If you answer the question you define it and in a sense, don't answer the question at all.

I think its like the idea of Zen. No one can tell you what Zen is, its a first hand experience. But often times you can tell someone what Zen isn't.

I like the question... I shall ponder it tonight, with no plans to find and answer.

For what it's worth...

Ahriman Posted: Wed May 23 02:01:00 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  air

CorDrine Posted: Wed May 23 02:04:57 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  There is an answer, but its kinda hard to describe it. Kurohyou is correct, its zen oriented. Think of the chicken and the egg, which comes first.

Its a cool question, and an even cooler answer awaits you. I did manage to get the answer :) Hope you get yours too :)

addi Posted: Wed May 23 08:10:22 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CorDrine said:
>There is an answer, but its kinda hard to describe it. Kurohyou is correct, its zen oriented.

Does Kuro win something? If you're going to pose questions then you really should have a prize to offer the winning contestant..it's the american way you know.

I think he could probably use a brand spanking new deluxe Sears washer and dryer

CorDrine Posted: Wed May 23 11:22:54 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
If you're going to pose questions then you really should have a prize to offer the winning contestant..it's the american way you know.
>
Thank God I am not american then :)

addi Posted: Wed May 23 11:37:47 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CorDrine said:

>Thank God I am not american then :)

I know what you mean. I thank god I'm Scottish every day

Posted: Wed May 23 12:00:05 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  no thing.

Ahriman Posted: Wed May 23 12:48:01 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  still sticking with air, but a Bruce Lee quote is in order (all martial artists should know this one).

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless--like water.
Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup,
You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle,
You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Now water can *flow* or it can *crash*!
Be water, my friend.

kurohyou Posted: Wed May 23 16:55:55 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>CorDrine said:
>>There is an answer, but its kinda hard to describe it. Kurohyou is correct, its zen oriented.
>
>Does Kuro win something? If you're going to pose questions then you really should have a prize to offer the winning contestant..it's the american way you know.
>
>I think he could probably use a brand spanking new deluxe Sears washer and dryer

yes... or an affordable place to live in summit county... holy buckets of expensive rent batman... My rent is about to go up $400-$500 a month... and my salary is about to go down by $200 a month... this is going to be sweet...

Not that it matters...

ifihadahif Posted: Wed May 23 17:36:59 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  kurohyou said:

>yes... or an affordable place to live in summit county... holy buckets of expensive rent batman... My rent is about to go up $400-$500 a month... and my salary is about to go down by $200 a month... this is going to be sweet...
>
>Not that it matters...
>
But you'll be getting free head . . .
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,274834,00.html

Kira Posted: Wed May 23 18:55:28 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I thought of water too. While it might be stretched to mean "everything," though, I can't imagine a way to see it as "nothing."

So, alas. I'm sure it's something so obvious I can't even see it.

CorDrine Posted: Thu May 24 10:18:14 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>I thought of water too. While it might be stretched to mean "everything," though, I can't imagine a way to see it as "nothing."
>

water is not the answer. Water is something, you can see it, feel it, touch it, drink it.

My own answer was "Truth". Truth has no form, but yet it is every form, is nothing, yet it is something....

But even then, truth is not exactly the answer :(

DanSRose Posted: Thu May 24 19:36:32 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CorDrine said:
>what has no form, but is every form? what is nothing, but yet is everything?

A couple of months before the first time I watched Amelie, I started collecting stones on the ground (again, as I did this when I was little). They were usually riverstones, the flat smooth kind good for skipping, but I wasn't picky. I couldn't skip stones then, and I can't really now, but that's not the point. When I did watch it, I had that yawning dawning feeling, sort of like one the blind man has. Not that I'm not as crazy as I thought I was, but it's okay and I'm okay and everything is okay.
I don't label them or collect them. I just put them in a box my parents got me when they were Alaska, a small one with a Thunderbird on the lid. Now that it's full, they go in a metal bowl I made for myself my first year at Scout camp.
Lately, around here and out there, I've been playing the role and wearing the mask of all-around good guy-scientist with slight hint of snark. I'm not. The science is how I try to filter the world, but there's a shimmer I can't explain and I love it- the unexplanation and the shimmer itself. The shimmer is why.... (i've thought- no, meditated on this all day, literally, and had an unnerving break [breakthough/down?]) .... why I haven't given up yet.
The shimmer [and (i hope) you all know what that is] is my answer.

CorDrine Posted: Fri May 25 07:53:44 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  DanSRose said:
>The shimmer [and (i hope) you all know
what that is] is my answer.

Yeah! We have a winner! The answer is THAT moment of truth, THAT moment, when you knew you don't really know, but you knew! woohoo!

For me it was THAT moment as well, that moment when you suddently realize that you know the truth. But after THAT moment, it was gone again :) It was THAT moment when i told my friend over MSN that hey, suddenly I feel like NEO when he just discover the matrix. And he told me, yeah, THAT's the answer :)

You need to experience it to appreciate it :)

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]