Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

*gives GT a kick in the pants*
choke Posted: Mon Jun 25 20:34:21 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Don't you hate it when you're sick and you get EVERYTHING you need so when you sit down you don't have to get up for at least an hour, you've got your chips, your dip, your water, your blanket, your comb, your remote, your computer, and then you sit down and 10min later realize you forgot your tissues?

SIGH

What's everyone doing.

I slept on the couch last night because my bed was too feverish and sickly and I didn't think to maybe just take off a blanket or something.

addi Posted: Mon Jun 25 21:19:37 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  just what the doc ordered...a choke kick in the pants. This place seems to be going through the summer doldrums.

Here's to you feeling better real soon, and always having tissues next to your bed when you need them.

choke Posted: Mon Jun 25 22:00:50 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>just what the doc ordered...a choke kick in the pants. This place seems to be going through the summer doldrums.
>
>Here's to you feeling better real soon, and always having tissues next to your bed when you need them.
>

It's winter!

WINTER I tells you.

Which means everyone is out in the sun, and I am at a computer.

Sucky timing world.

Sucky.

addi Posted: Mon Jun 25 22:08:50 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:

>It's winter!
>
>WINTER I tells you.

I keep forgetting about you folk being topsy-turvy.
Anyway you always get us northerners back when it's winter here and you're out basking in the summer sun...in a swimsuit..a tiny one...with sunscreen glistening off your tan moist skin...

nevermind

Posted: Tue Jun 26 01:41:59 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'd post more, but my ass is moving 2,100 miles away in two days.

What a weird time in my life.

addi Posted: Tue Jun 26 07:07:29 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:
>I'd post more, but my ass is moving 2,100 miles away in two days.

Try to focus on the positive. I just watched a show last night on finding treasures on the Travel Channel. There's a place about one and a half hours from Phoenix that you can go and find gold nuggets with a metal detector. Mmmmm.....nuggets.

>What a weird time in my life.

Weird = adventure. Embrace it : )

novemberrain Posted: Tue Jun 26 21:22:15 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>choke said:
>
>>It's winter!
>>
>>WINTER I tells you.
>
>
>I keep forgetting about you folk being topsy-turvy.
>Anyway you always get us northerners back when it's winter here and you're out basking in the summer sun...in a swimsuit..a tiny one...with sunscreen glistening off your tan moist skin...
>
>nevermind

I wish it were winter here. Stupid heat.

addi Posted: Tue Jun 26 22:07:21 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  novemberrain said:

>I wish it were winter here. Stupid heat.

me too. nov. I'm a fall, winter and early spring kind of guy.

Mark Posted: Wed Jun 27 04:21:44 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I wish it was a bit warmer here. Usually it's dry, 28 degrees celcius (nope we don't do Fahrenheit) and no wind at all. This year it's 16 degrees celcius, stormy and ver very wet (not all wet things are bad, but now this is ;)

Last weekend I had a bit of luck with the wether though. Was in Belgium visiting Graspop Metal Meeting :D (ok, for most of you, not you're kind of music, i guess :) uhm... Aerosmith also played and where great :D And this sunday I'm going to see Genesis :D yeah! happy puppy here :p

Good day to you all!

Kira Posted: Wed Jun 27 19:08:30 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hi Tiff!

I'm sorry you's sick.

You wanna trade me some winter?

Posted: Wed Jun 27 23:35:30 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  well, here goes. I'm all packed. My plane leaves in a few hours.

Wish me luck!

addi Posted: Thu Jun 28 07:03:40 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:
>well, here goes. I'm all packed. My plane leaves in a few hours.

make sure to check in once you're there and keep us informed on the happenings of Crim.

>Wish me luck!

luck!
*and don't venture too far away from air conditioning, or body parts will shrivle up faster than you can say, "Sun City"

Beep Posted: Thu Jun 28 08:38:14 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  but where should a GTs pants have been? Anyone else know matmos and roses for ludwig wittgenstein? If you do you're at least as cool as you look..

Luck.

Billy Connolly said, "there is no such thing as bad weather, only the wrong clothes."

Though i don't think you get many deserts in Scotland..

PackMan Posted: Thu Jun 28 09:40:04 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Beep said:
>Billy Connolly said, "there is no such thing as bad weather, only the wrong clothes."

The reason I hate NC summers is that once it is 90+ degrees and 80+ humidity, even being naked in a pool can't beat the heat...it is just too damn hot outside. I am like addi, fall through spring for me...no matter how cold it gets, a jacket, blanket, fire, woman, and Jack Daniels can heat up any night.

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Jun 28 19:15:33 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Screw the Jack Daniels, it will only make you colder. Try some decent brandy like maybe some Paul Masson.
That stuff can make you hot on a January Night.

PackMan Posted: Thu Jun 28 19:18:15 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Screw the Jack Daniels, it will only make you colder. Try some decent brandy like maybe some Paul Masson.
>That stuff can make you hot on a January Night.

Duly noted. I feel that a nice Glogg would get the job done as well (as long as it had enough brandy in it, as well).

PackMan Posted: Thu Jun 28 19:20:22 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Good recipe for glogg here:

http://www.drunkenblog.com/drunkenblog-archives/000737.html

I suggest you read the title "A short warning"

kurohyou Posted: Thu Jun 28 21:01:47 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm going to have my internet back in a few weeks and that will be nice.

As of right now I am on an offset schedule from the rest of the world. I am awake and working while the rest of this side of the globe is sleeping...

my night ends at 7:00am... that's some weird stuff after about two weeks...

Oh well...

Not that it matters but I'll be back more regularly soon...

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Jun 28 21:11:14 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  PackMan said:
>ifihadahif said:
>>Screw the Jack Daniels, it will only make you colder. Try some decent brandy like maybe some Paul Masson.
>>That stuff can make you hot on a January Night.
>
>Duly noted. I feel that a nice Glogg would get the job done as well (as long as it had enough brandy in it, as well).
>
Does anyone have an answer as to why most alchohol beverages will make you colder but brandy will make you warmer ?

Posted: Fri Jun 29 01:30:42 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Got into PHX around 8am. Viewed a bunch of condos for rent and got a nice one in downtown Scottsdale - 2 bedrooms with a pool. I'm very happy about it and hope you'll all come visit - it's terribly lonely out here in the desert.

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Jun 29 06:22:49 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:
>Got into PHX around 8am. Viewed a bunch of condos for rent and got a nice one in downtown Scottsdale - 2 bedrooms with a pool. I'm very happy about it and hope you'll all come visit - it's terribly lonely out here in the desert.
>
Prepare yourself for a little culture shock Crim.
You will have to do all your ice skating indoors for awhile now.

addi Posted: Fri Jun 29 07:45:52 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Scottsdale is at least a nice areas to live in. Hif is right, it's going to feel strange for a while. Once you brush up on your spanish, adjust to the time change and heat, and settle in you'll be just fine. I think you've got the type of personality that will make friends quickly...and you've always got us wackos here as backup.

Hang in there

Posted: Sat Jun 30 01:34:46 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  :)

will do, guys. thanks for the encouragement. It helps.

ifihadahif Posted: Sat Jun 30 08:00:16 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Maybe you can get yourself a really big belt buckle to fit in with the locals a bit better.
:-)

mat_j Posted: Fri Jul 6 07:59:57 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It's summer here and a quarter of the country is underwater. Apparently Britain has it's own monsoon season nowadays!

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]