Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Hobby
Posted: Tue Jul 10 01:36:39 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  so I find myself coming home from work everyday around 5:30pm. I get home and - because I live on pacific standard time now that I've moved - all the shows I would otherwise have watched have ended, and any baseball game I would otherwise have watched is in the dying innings.

I have about five hours a night where I haven't got very much to do. I'm really just looking for ideas.

What're your hobbies? do you golf? cook extensively? painter? writer?

I'm just having a weird time coping with all of my friends a cool 2100 miles away. I'm going to get used to this eventually, but in the meanwhile, it would really help to have something to pass the time.

Any ideas?

addi Posted: Tue Jul 10 07:23:43 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Well that's a sad sad situation

I think it has to come from you, bud. Anything we suggest here is going to probably be something we enjoy, and it may not be your cup of tea.

Personally, I would stear you towards choosing something active...like something involving activity outside, e.g, rock hunting/climbing, jogging, biking, etc... Something good for the ol' bod, that you also like to do.
Having said that I understand the high temperature there now may make that difficult to pull off. Perhaps you could sign up for dance lessons. That would be inside and it would be a way to meet new people, and dancing skills always come in handy down the road when it comes to the ladies...
so I've been told : )

everyday_daisy Posted: Tue Jul 10 07:46:22 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Wait, if it isn't a sensitive question, why again did you move? I missed that bit.

And concerning hobbies: man, I am interested and passionate about many things.

Knowing that you are somewhere far-flung though, maybe it isn't wise to immerse yourself activities like: reading and writing. Maybe something like photography's a little bit less isolating. Look for bright happy creatures and things to capture. :)

novemberrain Posted: Tue Jul 10 16:43:19 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I find stalking takes up a good bit of time.

ifihadahif Posted: Tue Jul 10 18:02:12 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  masturbate until it cools off outside.

FN Posted: Tue Jul 10 21:41:59 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  http://www.muchosucko.com
http://www.flabber.nl
http://www.zattevrienden.be

a lot of funny links and videos

sweet p Posted: Wed Jul 11 00:57:40 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  you can send me a postcard!

or
take photos of your new city,
learn how to make cheesecake,
pottery,
watch a lot of movies,

make make make something[s]:
http://www.makezine.com/
http://www.instructables.com/ -- cool

sweet p Posted: Wed Jul 11 00:58:29 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ps. miss ya! <3

addi Posted: Wed Jul 11 08:13:17 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  novemberrain said:
>I find stalking takes up a good bit of time.

it depends on what you're stalking

stalking those wily squirrels in my backyard is very time consuming, especially since I think they're on to me.

Nikki Posted: Wed Jul 11 12:34:00 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  oh my

libra Posted: Wed Jul 11 13:10:36 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Get Tivo.

Take a class? like a language class or something.

orrr, i dunno. i usually read.

mat_j Posted: Wed Jul 11 13:23:28 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Take a creative writing class in a night school and embarrass all the Goombas who frequent it back into their caves with your amazing abilities.

Failing that Get a book on learning to write movie scripts and study it then write a kick ass script, get famous and remember the guy who gave you the idea ;-)

If you want to take up a sporting activity get a seven aside rugby team together and learn the rules. Then write a short pamphlet of the rules and send it to the guy who give you the idea so he can understand it too.

If none of those are to your liking there's alwats
-masturbating
-masturbating with a finger inserted into your anus
-An impressive Junk habit
-a couple of bottles of whiskey, a gatling gun and a police barricade
-making things out of matches (eurrgh)

addi Posted: Wed Jul 11 13:41:54 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:

>-masturbating with a finger inserted into your anus

LOL!

Oh you sick sick funny man!

*remind me not to shake your hand when we meet

mat_j Posted: Wed Jul 11 14:36:46 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>mat_j said:
>
>
>>-masturbating with a finger inserted into your anus
>
>LOL!
>
>Oh you sick sick funny man!
>
>*remind me not to shake your hand when we meet

Hahaha!

Really though it's not my bag, are you sick or what snorthing coke off live shaven cats is far more arousing

novemberrain Posted: Wed Jul 11 20:52:05 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>novemberrain said:
>>I find stalking takes up a good bit of time.
>
>it depends on what you're stalking
>
>stalking those wily squirrels in my backyard is very time consuming, especially since I think they're on to me.
>
>

Of all creatures, squirrels seem to me like they just blew a fuse.

But don't feel paranoid, General. I'm sure they are onto you ;)

addi Posted: Wed Jul 11 21:51:22 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  novemberrain said:

>Of all creatures, squirrels seem to me like they just blew a fuse.

LOL!

Oh, nov...I do miss you around here.

I do think it may be a toss up on the blowing a fuse thing between squrrels and cats. Sometimes I'm watching my cat and it's laying peacefully, and then in the next instant it's tearing across the room willy-nilly...for no good reason. There's something loose upstairs with them I swear.

novemberrain Posted: Thu Jul 12 07:22:29 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>Oh, nov...I do miss you around here.
>
>I do think it may be a toss up on the blowing a fuse thing between squrrels and cats. Sometimes I'm watching my cat and it's laying peacefully, and then in the next instant it's tearing across the room willy-nilly...for no good reason. There's something loose upstairs with them I swear.

I miss you too General. And GT.

Squirrels will be jumping along and all of a sudden decide it is a wonderful idea to dash out into traffic. And if a car is coming, they will go back and forth so much it is almost for certain that they will get hit.

It reminds me of the old 'Oregon Trail' game. I used to particularly go for the squirrels when I was out hunting, just because they pissed me off.

addi Posted: Thu Jul 12 07:49:27 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  novemberrain said:

>I miss you too General. And GT.

: )

>Squirrels will be jumping along and all of a sudden decide it is a wonderful idea to dash out into traffic. And if a car is coming, they will go back and forth so much it is almost for certain that they will get hit.

I see that all the time here. I always imagine their thought process when that's happening..

"Must cross street...Yes...NO! GO back...No, keep going Dammit!!"

>It reminds me of the old 'Oregon Trail' game. I used to particularly go for the squirrels when I was out hunting, just because they pissed me off.

That brings back some memories. I loved playing that game. I would go for the deer or bison, but wished I could shoot the other people there, just because they were always pissing me off.
: )

Posted: Thu Jul 12 10:22:34 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  :)

thanks for the help, guys. I'm doing better today.

and everyday_daisy: I moved to Phoenix, Arizona from Windsor, Canada to take a job as a web interface designer.

webmaster Posted: Thu Jul 12 11:16:17 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:
>
>I moved to Phoenix, Arizona from Windsor, Canada to take a job as a web interface designer.

If you ever need programming and back-end stuff at minimum-wage, please call me.

Posted: Thu Jul 12 21:05:41 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  webmaster said:
>CriminalSaint said:
>>
>>I moved to Phoenix, Arizona from Windsor, Canada to take a job as a web interface designer.
>
>If you ever need programming and back-end stuff at minimum-wage, please call me.

languages of choice? I believe you wrote GenTerr in Perl, yes? Developers at this firm are split between classics (dot net, php) and new school (cakephp and ruby on rails, python/django). We'll be hiring a new developer in October.

webmaster Posted: Thu Jul 12 21:33:40 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:
>languages of choice? I believe you wrote GenTerr in Perl, yes? Developers at this firm are split between classics (dot net, php) and new school (cakephp and ruby on rails, python/django). We'll be hiring a new developer in October.

I'm competent in Perl, PHP, JavaScript and MySQL. :)

Ahriman Posted: Fri Jul 13 22:29:12 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I cook at work so my culinary skills are put on a hold when I'm home unless I feel some strange inspiration. I love to head out hiking, free climbing, napping, volunteering, reading, and many other random ass things. To tell you the truth, I find some of the simplest things to be amazing. A red rubber ball gets me going for a few hours. While I bounce it, my mind wanders from subject to subject: particle physics to how to make a quality chicken coop. Sometimes I like to think of what my next costume is going to be for the House of Horrors (haunted house I work for).

If all else fails, just stare at the sky for a while.

Hey Daisy ;)

Mesh Posted: Sat Jul 14 18:22:20 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Well NOW i just draw and drink. And read. And drink.

But you find what interests you. Hell if anything I suggest is what you'd like to do.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]