Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To
 

Home Boy
addi Posted: Wed Jul 18 11:32:32 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-vick071707&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Keeping in mind that it's a grand jury indictment, and not a conviction...yet it just literally sickens me.
Anyone that takes pleasure in watching dogs kill each other is lower than pond scum in my eyes.

I swear as long as he's the quarterback for the Falcons I hope they get their ass handed to them every game.
What a loser.


 
ifihadahif Posted: Wed Jul 18 19:21:30 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I think he's probably played his last game for the Falcons and maybe completely done in the NFL.

A federal grand jury indictment usually means a conviction.
I know he's innocent until proven guilty but that doesn't necessarily hold true as far as being allowed to play football. I think he's already proven to be somewhat of an usavory character and this could be the last straw. At the very least he's partially responsible as the property owner.
Repugnant and disgusting are two words that pop into my head when I think about this guy.


 
addi Posted: Wed Jul 18 21:52:05 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  If he's convicted (and the way I feel even if he isn't) I hope you're right, hif. My gut tells me based on past experiences, with celebrities and lots of money, that justice may not be doled out to Vick on this.
I've read and heard a lot about this being in Atlanta, and if even just some of it is true about his involvement I hope they put him behind bars. The things witnesses are saying about what he and his cohorts did to some of the dogs...well, I don't even want to describe it here.


 
ifihadahif Posted: Wed Jul 18 21:58:54 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
> The things witnesses are saying about what he and his cohorts did to some of the dogs...well, I don't even want to describe it here.
>
Yeah, I read all that stuff and my personal opinion is he's finished in Atlanta, regardless of what happens at his trial.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19817351/

http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/bozich/blog.html



 
Posted: Thu Jul 19 02:14:57 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  this is sad :(

I got to see him play vs. Detroit last year (the lions actually won!) and it was surreal: he's in a class all by himself as an athlete. Maybe Vince Young will get to that level of talent with enough years in the NFL, but nobody else holds a candle.

Regardless: if it turns out that he was explicitly involved in the dogfighting and killings (drowning/shooting/hanging? what the fuck.), he's toast. People will simply stop paying to see him play, as exciting as he is to watch, and no team will touch him now that the NFL has cracked down on its "bad seeds".

It's a real shame.


 
everyday_daisy Posted: Thu Jul 19 06:28:41 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Poor Dogs :(


 
addi Posted: Thu Jul 19 07:41:28 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:


>It's a real shame.

Yes it is.
And it's not like he was an upstanding citizen before all this came to light either. Vick has done a number of boneheaded things over the past few years that focused negative attention on him. Such amazing and rare athletic gifts given to him and the thug (just like his younger brother) is throwing it all away.

I'm a college football fan myself, but I have to feel sorry for the owner and new head coach. They trade away a decent backup, Matt Shaub, last season counting on Vick to be the man, and now there's a good chance they lose him because of this stupidity.


 
Billy Pilgrim Posted: Thu Jul 19 11:36:49 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It's like my grandfather used to say

"I may be a homophobe but i've never been a badger baiter."

True today as it was in 1986


 
Posted: Fri Jul 20 00:54:39 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>They trade away a decent backup, Matt Shaub, last season counting on Vick to be the man, and now there's a good chance they lose him because of this stupidity.

HOLY EFFING EFF

I just realized who Vick's replacement in Atlanta will be: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joey_Harrington#Detroit_Lions

Have fun with that! One of the biggest parties I've ever attended was two years ago following his last game as a Lion. I can't tell you how much more sorry I now feel.


 
addi Posted: Fri Jul 20 07:55:32 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:

>HOLY EFFING EFF
>
>I just realized who Vick's replacement in Atlanta will be: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joey_Harrington#Detroit_Lions

yup. good thing I'm not a pro ball fanatic or I'd be really depressed right now.
Vick not only screwed up his life, but the Falcon's franchise as well, unless Harrington suddenly becomes great...and my gut tells me that will happen when hif votes for Hillary
: )


 
addi Posted: Fri Jul 20 07:59:31 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Billy Pilgrim said:
>It's like my grandfather used to say

>"I may be a bomophobe but i've never been a hadger haiter."

>True today as it was in 1896


what a wise grandpapa you had, BillyBoy


 
ifihadahif Posted: Fri Jul 20 09:55:09 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>CriminalSaint said:
>
>>HOLY EFFING EFF
>>
>>I just realized who Vick's replacement in Atlanta will be: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joey_Harrington#Detroit_Lions
>
>yup. good thing I'm not a pro ball fanatic or I'd be really depressed right now.
>Vick not only screwed up his life, but the Falcon's franchise as well, unless Harrington suddenly becomes great...and my gut tells me that will happen when hif votes for Hillary
>: )
>
HA ! I'd sooner get a root canal through me arse !
:-)


 
Posted: Fri Jul 20 20:39:08 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>HA ! I'd sooner get a root canal through me arse !

You know, that doesn't sound so bad.

:D


 
Mesh Posted: Sat Jul 21 21:56:17 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  That's pretty sickening.


 



[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]