Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Erase memories?
Mesh Posted: Wed Jul 25 18:39:25 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Would you? I at first said, "No! My memories are what make me who I am." Then upon further reflection, I realised there are in fact certain people/events in my life I'd be better off not remembering. I wouldn't be exactly the same as I am now, but I'd be a better, happier person, I believe.

I don't know. Maybe I'm completely wrong. I do think, though, some things would be better left not remembered.

libra Posted: Wed Jul 25 19:19:19 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  'Nsync lyrics - first to go.

but i said no. I'd rather keep them all than chance losing something i might want to remember later on.

FN Posted: Wed Jul 25 20:22:43 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I have seen some pretty fucked up stuff that I'd like to get rid of lol

addi Posted: Thu Jul 26 07:53:39 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  said No

I have some childhood memories that are painful to relive, but even though they're bad they are an integral part of who I am today...for better or worse.

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Thu Jul 26 10:18:10 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  no no no no no no no
never

Mark Posted: Thu Jul 26 14:41:29 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  For whatever happened, those memories shaped me into what I am today and will influence me in what I will become. No way I want them erased, even though some hurt.

addi Posted: Thu Jul 26 15:38:54 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ~Just Imagine~ said:
>no no no no no no no
>never

I hear that a lot fron plinkers

*nice to have you back world travelor

Ahriman Posted: Thu Jul 26 18:50:45 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I really, really, really wish I could say "yes" but I just can't. The pain is what keeps me alive. It's what keeps me sharp. Can't let myself forget. Must keep going.

DanSRose Posted: Thu Jul 26 20:34:05 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  If I could go back and redo the events, I would, but I would never ever change them.
I'd rather have them and know what I did wrong and how I should have done them and what I should do next time then just to give up on what makes me Me.

Just a question: I got my lower left wisdom tooth out yesterday and since then I've had the hiccups and it's starting to fucking piss me off. Is there anything that works, goddammit?

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Jul 26 20:46:39 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  DanSRose said:
>>
>Just a question: I got my lower left wisdom tooth out yesterday and since then I've had the hiccups and it's starting to fucking piss me off. Is there anything that works, goddammit?
>
Try eating a tsp of granulated sugar.
It usually works. My wife, the first grade teacher, has to deal with hiccups alot, and she keeps sugar packets in her desk.
No kidding, it really works.

Kira Posted: Thu Jul 26 21:46:14 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  We remember so little to begin with. I've forgotten people I've met, strange or lovely things I stopped to look at, things I said or did that made the people I cared about laugh, or light up. Those people and events I still remember, good or bad, are all I have, and I would loathe to forget any more. Those memories are my life. They're me.

kurohyou Posted: Fri Jul 27 01:30:04 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  No... I have a memory of an etch-a-sketch anyway so I would forget what I wanted to erase. Which, in a sense is the same thing...

Not that it matters...

Mesh Posted: Fri Jul 27 01:52:08 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  You see? I'm always wrong. I believe it's a law written down somewhere. Mesh has to be wrong. Or the universe collapses in on itself.

Mark Posted: Sat Jul 28 20:18:05 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mr. Misses said:
>You see? I'm always wrong. I believe it's a law written down somewhere. Mesh has to be wrong. Or the universe collapses in on itself.
hmm... maybe your not wrong, but you just have a different opinion :) Seeing the results of the poll there are other that agree with you. Are you wrong? No. You just don't automatically share the opinion of others and that is, in my opinion :) , a good thing.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]