Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Are You Man Enough?
addi Posted: Sat Jul 28 07:43:11 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  long overdue for a fashion thread here : )

http://www.utilikilts.com/

Found this unique company selling kilts. I now know what's making the top of my birthday wish list this year.

*Even if it's not your cup of tea watching their ad videos is a hoot.

Mark Posted: Sat Jul 28 20:22:02 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Never dressed in one before, altough I did wear a short skirt once on a "no pants" party and did look amazingly hot. ...Or something :p But... whatever happened to the good old Scottish kilt? Else I will have to wear the leather one ;)

addi Posted: Sun Jul 29 08:58:11 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I think I'm with you on the more traditional scottish kilts, Mark. I took a closer look at a few of them at the web site and the one they have a guy playing basketball in just looks really silly to me.
The ad they have that's a play on a Mentos commercial cracks me up though. It's worth checking out.

I just find it really interesting how much culture and social norms play a role in how we act and dress. If kilts (skirts)were the custom here we would laugh and joke about any guy bold enough to don jeans. So many of us (including me) pride ourselves on how much we're "our own guy", but the reality is that we unconsciously allow society around us to dictate what's acceptable attire to wear. When we go against that accepted norm we're labled a misfit or weirdo.

In historical terms it really wasn't that long ago that it was taboo for women to be seen in pants. In fact there's a woman I've worked with for the past 5 years and not once has she ever come to work in anything but a dress or long skirt. She doesn't think it's "proper" for a female to wear pants.
When I was a bit buzzed and having fun on my vacation one night I put on a sarong and everyone had a good laugh about it. If I had done the same thing around a group of Samoan men no one would have noticed...except maybe when I sat down and accidently spread my legs
: )

ifihadahif Posted: Sun Jul 29 10:48:35 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>So many of us (including me) pride ourselves on how much we're "our own guy", but the reality is that we unconsciously allow society around us to dictate what's acceptable attire to wear. When we go against that accepted norm we're labled a misfit or weirdo.
>
Like that guy with the doll ?

addi Posted: Sun Jul 29 11:00:46 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>Like that guy with the doll ?

Naw.
Was speaking in terms of clothesez primarily, not grown men having a life size doll as a companion. I suspect in just about every culture that would raise red flags with people as disturbing behavior

*unless there's some patriarchal tribe in the deep jungle out there that likes to live and fornicate with life size female dolls that I missed in the National Geographic magazines.
: )

Ahriman Posted: Thu Aug 2 17:41:49 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Aaaaaaactually, I have one. Hahaha, I do wear on occasion.

addi Posted: Thu Aug 2 21:58:43 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman said:
>Aaaaaaactually, I have one. Hahaha, I do wear on occasion.

good for you, Arhiman. You're a man's man : )

need to see an avatar pic here of it

ahsansial Posted: Tue Dec 5 01:58:20 2017 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mark said:
>Never dressed in one before, altough I did wear a short skirt once on a "no pants" party and did look amazingly hot. ...Or something :p But... whatever happened to the good old Scottish kilt? Else I will have to wear the leather one ;)

ahsansial Posted: Tue Dec 5 01:59:02 2017 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mark said:
>Never dressed in one before, altough I did wear a short skirt once on a "no pants" party and did look amazingly hot. ...Or something :p But... whatever happened to the good old Scottish kilt? Else I will have to wear the leather one ;)'''
You can check mens kilts
https://scottishkiltshop.com/modern-kilts-for-men

ahsansial Posted: Tue Dec 5 01:59:48 2017 Post | Quote in Reply  
also best company for kilts selling

ahsansial Posted: Tue Dec 5 02:00:05 2017 Post | Quote in Reply  

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]