Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

bad bad bottled water ?
ifihadahif Posted: Sat Aug 4 20:56:53 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20095510/

addi Posted: Sat Aug 4 23:32:06 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Don't drink bottled water myself except on rare occations when nothing else is available. But I don't drink our tap water either...it tastes yucky.
I have a Brita pitcher and filter the tap water thru that for drinking, cooking and making coffee. It's much cheaper, better for the environment, and it tastes.....delicious : )

ifihadahif Posted: Sun Aug 5 06:31:59 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Our tap water here is pretty good.
But I have one of those dual filters mounted under my sink with it's own separate tap on the sink for the filtered water.
I've always thought of the bottled water industry as a scam of sorts.
Not in the legal sense but in the way it's been marketed. Better for you and good for the evironment. HA !

ifihadahif Posted: Sun Aug 5 06:33:25 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I remember as a kid, when playing outside on a hot summer day, we actually drank out of the water hose !

addi Posted: Sun Aug 5 07:26:38 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>I remember as a kid, when playing outside on a hot summer day, we actually drank out of the water hose !

Did the same thing.
Back on canoe trips up in northern Minnesota and Canada we'd dip our cups right in the lake water and drink it.

The water was so clean back then that we'd even drink from the toilet....or maybe that was my dog.

FN Posted: Sun Aug 5 11:29:10 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Actually coca cola produces locally, and with tap water.

Mesh Posted: Sun Aug 5 17:49:35 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sounds like a bunch of hippy crap to me.

Hippies......drinking out of hoses. Sounds awfully hippy to me. Hippy.

addi Posted: Sun Aug 5 20:52:43 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mr. Misses said:

>Hippies......drinking out of hoses. Sounds awfully hippy to me. Hippy.

Hippies don't drink from hoses, silly. They smoke them.

ifihadahif Posted: Sun Aug 5 21:10:50 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yeah, I've sucked on a few smoke filled hoses back in the day.

Mesh Posted: Sun Aug 5 21:23:36 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Whatever, hippies. Why don't you go back to your hippie communes and smoke some of that "reefer" and dance in a drum circle. Hippies.

addi Posted: Sun Aug 5 22:08:07 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mr. Misses said:
>Whatever, hippies. Why don't you go back to your hippie communes and smoke some of that "reefer" and dance in a drum circle. Hippies.

I think someone needs a great big hippie hug...c'mon..you know you want one

: )

Kira Posted: Sun Aug 5 23:17:55 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  "Hippy" sounds like something bad. Annoying. Like a gull that steals bagels and hot dogs out of people's hands.

...?!

Mesh Posted: Sun Aug 5 23:47:29 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Just sounds like more hippie talk to me, Kira.

DanSRose Posted: Mon Aug 6 01:18:41 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Yeah, I've sucked on a few smoke filled hoses back in the day.

Hee. because 'hoses' are like 'penises'.

I've stopped drinking bottled water. It seems like a fucking waste. This is not Mexico or some country where drinking from the tap (or not putting lime on your beer- that's where that comes from) will give you some intestinal disease/worm whose symptoms include headaches, nausea, vomiting, the runs, hating everything, and maybe death. Water is cleaned and scrubbed and added with just enough more cleaning agents to make you paranoid. But it's free and clean and you can get a neat and a little overpriced colored bottle that you keep with you and decorate. It's free and tastes good, just like water and that's NY water, that's supposed to toxic or something.

addi Posted: Mon Aug 6 07:29:21 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  DanSRose said:
>It's free and tastes good, just like water and that's NY water, that's supposed to toxic or something.

Just one of many studies done on your "clean" water...

From the Environmental Working Group research and a few other studies...

"The top 10 states, listed in order of the most contaminants in their drinking water, were: California, Wisconsin, Arizona, Florida, North Carolina, Texas, NEW YORK, Nevada, Pennsylvania and Illinois"
"[They] found 141 unregulated chemicals and an additional 119 for which the Environmental Protection Agency has set health-based limits. Most common among the chemicals found were disinfection byproducts, nitrates, chloroform, barium, copper and arsenic.
Lead, radon, benzene, trihalomethanes and radium are problems in certain areas of the country. These contaminants can cause mutations in human DNA that contribute to disease and others are directly involved in causing cancer."

Drinking straight from the tap? You're a brave man, Dan. I'll raise a glass and toast you next time I have a drink of my ice cold, sparkling, clean filtered water.

DanSRose Posted: Mon Aug 6 08:58:02 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  blahblahblahblahblah
So does your Mom!
Blah

It's clean. Yes, a purifier makes it 'cleaner', but it's clean. Worrying constantly about carcinogens seems.... boring? useless? insignificant in the Big Picture?
I'm going to spend my time being AFRAID of things that actually matter, things in terms of extensional crises and attacks by members of the dromaeosaurid family.

addi Posted: Mon Aug 6 10:09:14 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yes...I'm constantly afraid of and incessently worrying about tap water, long hoses, and clowns. I see a faucet and I just freeze up.

lighten up, NY boy. I didn't say you should live in terror of tap, just pointing out that there's a very cheap alternative available...even to new yorkers..that's actually better for your health, and better tasting.

However if drinking straight from the tap makes you feel more manly then go for it

Mesh Posted: Mon Aug 6 12:44:25 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It makes me feel more manly, I can tell you that. I don't even use glasses.

libra Posted: Mon Aug 6 13:21:10 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  when i first turned on the water in my apt in berkeley it was brown.
I'm sure that's from the fact that it hadn't been used for a while.
But even after the water ran for a bit, there was a lot of cloudiness.
I became addicted to the Brita filter. Especially after I read A Civil Action for a class.

Now, unless i'm in my home town up north, I can't get myself to drink tap water.

addi Posted: Mon Aug 6 13:25:30 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:

>Now, unless i'm in my home town up north, I can't get myself to drink tap water.

and look what's it's done for you. You've got that...that....that healthy glow, that lovely smile, and those pert breastesez. All because you don't drink tap water.

my goodness

DanSRose Posted: Mon Aug 6 20:00:41 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>lighten up, NY boy.
Hey, I wasn't that serious. I did insult your mother.
My other thing is that it tastes better. And I'm lazy. And it makes me feel more manly. Like if Chuck Norris and Ted Nugent got into some terrible bar fight and Hunter S. Thompson spit on the 'matter' on the floor and I rose up from it.

If there is particulate at the bottom of the glass, well, then I'm an apple juice man.

addi Posted: Mon Aug 6 20:23:40 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  DanSRose said:

>Hey, I wasn't that serious. I did insult your mother.

I know. I just had to remember how to relate to NYers back when I had accounts there as a salesman years ago. I found out after many errors that once I gave them shit back we got along fabulously.

So this is where you ask me to join you for a beer (okay...glass of tap water)and then pat me on the butt in a manly way.

Mesh Posted: Mon Aug 6 20:29:55 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  We've got some characters here, yes sir. We've got some characters here....

DanSRose Posted: Mon Aug 6 21:03:04 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>So this is where you ask me to join you for a beer (okay...glass of tap water)and then pat me on the butt in a manly way.

Sir, I spit in your glass of water and hand you glass of scotch.
No man-patting. Not yet. Not until AFTER the scotch.

addi Posted: Mon Aug 6 22:00:51 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  DanSRose said:

>Sir, I spit in your glass of water and hand you glass of scotch.
>No man-patting. Not yet. Not until AFTER the scotch.

lol!

okay.. Sheesh, such a tease, but it better be filtered spit.

sweet p Posted: Wed Aug 8 01:48:07 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  huh! but i drink from the hose.
and from the tap.

i tried illinois tap water this weekend - not as tasty [or tasteLESS, rather].
:S x2

addi Posted: Wed Aug 8 06:55:33 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  sweet p said:
>huh! but i drink from the hose.

That has to be the sexiest thing I've read in a long time.

Ahriman Posted: Wed Aug 8 12:13:30 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I live on the great lakes. lalalalalala. I win.

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Aug 8 18:31:42 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>sweet p said:
>>huh! but i drink from the hose.
>
>That has to be the sexiest thing I've read in a long time.
>
>: )
I was thinking exactly the same thing.
:-)

sweet p Posted: Wed Aug 8 22:50:03 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>addi said:
>>sweet p said:
>>>huh! but i drink from the hose.
>>
>>That has to be the sexiest thing I've read in a long time.
>>
>>: )
>I was thinking exactly the same thing.
>:-)

oh, you poor souls.

Mesh Posted: Thu Aug 9 01:05:59 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Not poor, just lost.

I've tried, baby, oh how I've tried to make them see....to make them see the light. It's all to no avail. I was doomed to fail, for they are forever lost.

Forever.

addi Posted: Thu Aug 9 06:41:36 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mr. Misses said:
>Not poor, just lost.

There's no need to quibble. My soul is poor and lost.
It happened the day Sweet P gave me a Valentine's card with a picture of a train that said "I Choo-Choo Choose You!", and then announced to the world on the Letterman Show that I was not her boyfriend.

or maybe it's from drinking straight from the hose.

mat_j Posted: Wed Aug 29 14:20:24 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Haha suckers i live near the reservoir for some of the cleanest tastiest water in the world, straight from the clouds into my mouth.

Mwahahahaha

oh and i noticed there's a lot of 'grabassing' going on in here; tone it down, please.

hahahahaha

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]