Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

I would just like to say...
Mesh Posted: Mon Aug 6 17:05:20 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Office jobs have go to be some of the most boring jobs in the world. The good pay and full benefits that come along with them barely compensate for the monotony of sitting at a desk, in front of a computer, talking on the phone, answering emails, making spreadsheets, etc all god damn day. I need outdoors! I need movement! I need excitement and I need to feel physically exhausted at the end of the day!

Or at least, I need more of you guys who have similar jobs to get onto GT during the day to keep me company. God damnit.

Kira Posted: Mon Aug 6 18:08:31 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Come and do my job. I'll trade you. Excitement! Exhaustion! And poo!

addi Posted: Mon Aug 6 18:16:52 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  When from the classroom to exactly that kind of job, mesh. Better pay and benfits, but man...it does suck sometimes. We were not meant to be caged inside cubicle walls staring at a screen all day....it makes you impotent, or is that impudent? Anyway, neither one is good for you.

That's one of the reasons I'm playing so much tennis now. If I don't get outside and get a workout in I go crazy.

kurohyou Posted: Mon Aug 6 19:18:15 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I get a two day stint in investigations today and tomorrow and its very boring compared to patrol. but its educational and temporary.

I'm growing accustom to my rolling office though... its pretty neat. I just can't have plants or other knick knaks about.. but there are worse things. Instead I get sirens and flashy lights... I'd say its a fair trade.

but office jobs can suck. NO getting around that.

for what it's worth...

Mesh Posted: Mon Aug 6 19:30:19 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  *le sigh* Almost none of the jobs I've had have been that kind of job. They're just hard for me to accept. Now construction, or being on a fishing crew or driving a fork lift even, those are the jobs I enjoy.

Mesh Posted: Mon Aug 6 19:34:37 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>
>That's one of the reasons I'm playing so much tennis now. If I don't get outside and get a workout in I go crazy.

Indeed Sir. If I don't go on a little hike, or go jogging along Town Lake(I'm not calling it Lady Bird Johnson Lake. I mean no disrespect to the woman, but I'm not calling it that.) or go walking along the Greenbelt, or canoe, or do SOMETHING outside and physical on a daily basis, I'll go insane.

Just have to keep reminding myself, I'm saving up for my next extended road trip. Ahhh yes, I do love those. Nothing like just going with the wind for six or seven weeks until your money supply starts running low and you have to go back and start again.

Kira Posted: Mon Aug 6 19:54:06 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Having just woken up from an accidental nap, which I took instead of eating dinner, or training, or writing, because I couldn't stay on my feet anymore, *I* would just like to say, SOMETHING VERY INSULTING AND UNLADY-LIKE, and that all you desk jockies out there can just BITE ME.

Mesh Posted: Mon Aug 6 20:07:27 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  That was very insulting and unlady-like, Kira.

Mesh Posted: Mon Aug 6 20:12:29 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  However, I will take you up on that offer to bite you.

addi Posted: Mon Aug 6 20:18:27 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mr. Misses said:
>However, I will take you up on that offer to bite you.

Just make sure she's had her rabies shot before you take a chomp.
Foaming at the mouth is a real turn off on a date.

Kira Posted: Mon Aug 6 20:25:40 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  And that includes you too, Lewdwig. I will kick you in your little cerulian-blue-painted shins, now you get out of the real world, it's for three-demensional people only.

Mesh Posted: Mon Aug 6 20:30:43 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Awww Kira, if you were here I'd just smother you with love.

addi Posted: Mon Aug 6 20:42:24 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>And that includes you too, Lewdwig. I will kick you in your little cerulian-blue-painted shins,

Careful, Kira. He's into that kicking foreplay.

>now you get out of the real world, it's for three-demensional people only.

I saw a sign saying that at a Bush protest rally.

Kira Posted: Mon Aug 6 20:42:55 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  That would make resenting you decidedly more difficult.

Mesh Posted: Mon Aug 6 21:11:21 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hugs and cuddles and a sympathetic ear galore!

It's my duty in life.

addi Posted: Mon Aug 6 21:58:49 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>That would make resenting you decidedly more difficult.

But resentment is negative energy Miss Cheery...like drinking dirty tap water out of a hose.

smile, and embrace the three dimensional positive love all around you.
You'll feel better.

: )

Ahriman Posted: Wed Aug 8 12:16:22 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  When I feel cooped up in the kitchen or just really want to feel relaxed I just go off into the woods for a while. No camp gear or lighters, just a knife. Debris huts, bow starter, etc. Feels so so so good. Feels like home.

Ahriman Posted: Wed Aug 8 12:17:28 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Plus you don't have to worry about burning/cutting yourself at your place of employment as much as I do so consider the lack of severe pain and scarring a good thing.

PackMan Posted: Mon Aug 13 15:02:32 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I just quit my job for a month. Luckly my employer knew what he hired when he got me, I told him right off the bat that the cubible with no windows is going to drive me batty (which it did), and I flipped out one day in the usual 45 minute drive home (15 miles away, it is pathetic), and I called in sick the next day, packed my stuff, and told him I wouldn't be back for a while, and if I still had a job, that would be great. Luckly, no one else wanted to work there, so I am back.

Now, I had been planning on going on this road trip (which I thank you all for the input a few months back), but I did not know when I was gonna do it, and just snapped and went. Glad I did it, too.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]