Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

The times they are a-changing
FN Posted: Mon Aug 13 20:27:41 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BEsZMvrq-I&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eflabber%2Enl%2Farchief%2F021232%2Ephp

FN Posted: Tue Aug 14 06:22:33 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  And on a totally unrelated note

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB118662527980592590.html?mod=hpp_us_whats_news

addi Posted: Tue Aug 14 06:59:24 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BEsZMvrq-I&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eflabber%2Enl%2Farchief%2F021232%2Ephp

"It's a quigmire"

Prophetic and ironic at the same time. I knew about him saying that years ago, but had never seen the video before.

The sad thing is is that none of them really give a damn about contradicting themselves anymore. They'll say one thing one day, and then down the road say something totally the opposite, and when someone calls them out on it they'll just deny ever saying anything....or give the ol' "I have no recollection of that"...or come up with some twisted logic that tries to explain how it's not a contradiction.

this administration is bottom scum, but I knew it would be like this back in '99. The most disturbing thing is that for the past 6 years millions of Americans have swallowed it all.

FN Posted: Tue Aug 14 08:19:19 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Couldn't he be impeached over something likes this?

addi Posted: Tue Aug 14 08:34:49 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Couldn't he be impeached over something likes this?

Could he?

Not enough of a legal Constitutional expert to know. If we got rid of every politician here that contradicted themselves we'd be out of politicians : )

Should he?

yes...along with Bush

Will he?

No

ifihadahif Posted: Tue Aug 14 17:38:29 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  That video was in '94
A whole different political world then as opposed to now.

Contradiction and change are two totally different terms.

addi Posted: Tue Aug 14 17:54:10 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>That video was in '94
>A whole different political world then as opposed to now.
>
>Contradiction and change are two totally different terms.

are you saying there weren't Sunni and Shia and Kurdish muslim factions in Iraq back in '94?

Hmmm...

The only significant change in Iraq between then and now is that Bush Sr. had the smarts to know what would happen if they overthrew Sadam back then
and his half-wit son didn't.

there's no accounting for Cheney in his about face. All I can think is that he somehow got possessed by the demon of stupidity, greed, and hatred for average americans somewhere during that time.

ifihadahif Posted: Tue Aug 14 18:39:36 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>ifihadahif said:
>>That video was in '94
>>A whole different political world then as opposed to now.
>>
>>Contradiction and change are two totally different terms.
>
>are you saying there weren't Sunni and Shia and Kurdish muslim factions in Iraq back in '94?
>
Sure there were, but circumstances changed things and Saddam became a much larger liability than he had been.

No one ever said this would be easy or without cost . . . wars never are.
But it was something that had to be done.

addi Posted: Tue Aug 14 21:15:27 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>Sure there were, but circumstances changed things and Saddam became a much larger liability than he had been.

Now you're just being silly. you know very well that Saddam was ruling with an iron fist back then, and fear kept those ethnic groups in line. Everyone knew he was a dangerous asshole back then and that he was commiting horrible crimes against anyone who opposed his authority, so please don't try to paint him off as somehow changing for the worse after Cheney made these remarks. It's insulting to even say such a thing.

>No one ever said this would be easy or without cost . . . wars never are.

And President Shit for Brains never had a clue what a complete mess it was going to turn out to be either. And despite what a shrinking minority of right-wingers say, it is a mess over there.

>But it was something that had to be done.

With all due respect, hif...that's crazy talk.
Afghanistan was a justified war. Iraq had absolutely zero to do with the 9/11 attack. All it's managed to do is kill thousands of people, cost us half a trillion dollars, create many more terrorists, and turn the majority of the world against us.

ifihadahif Posted: Tue Aug 14 21:31:46 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Here we go again and you still don't get it.
I never said anything about Saddam changing, I said the world changed and it most certainly did after 9/11.

Saddam was an asshole from the beginning, but I challenge you to name anyone who thought that he had no WMD's.
He thumbed his nose at the entire world for 12 long years and 15 UN resolutions demanding he allow inspectors in and disarm.
He fired missiles at our planes on a regular basis.
He tried to assassinate our president for God's sake, that alone is reason enough to take the bastard out.
No he has never been proven to be involved with 9/11, but he did support terrorist and terrorism.
The war in Iraq is not about 9/11, it's about fighting terrorism.
We have been longer without an attack from terrorists now than at any time since the early 70's when all this shit started. How do you account for that ? Since it happened on Dubya's watch, this should be interesting.

addi Posted: Tue Aug 14 21:38:57 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Here we go again and you still don't get it.

No...And I never will either. I will never understand how you and others can support this war and support this president. Your logic (I use that term loosely) and reasoning is beyond my comprehension.

So once again you and I are at an impasse.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]