Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

War as a gameshow
FN Posted: Thu Aug 23 08:03:32 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  http://foxattacks.com/iran

Seriously, the way in which those things are presented "showdown" and what not, is not healthy.

Having said that, I say take Ahmedinejad out because the guy is a lunatic

addi Posted: Thu Aug 23 08:35:28 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Fox is just another media outlet for the propoganda of the White House.
The polls they showed about what Fox viewers think is revealing and not surprising.

Anyone that watches that channel as their source for world news isn't playing with a full deck anyway.

FN Posted: Thu Aug 23 09:14:07 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  On a slightly related noted

http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/farid/research/digitaltampering/

There are some pretty funny ones (september 2000)

addi Posted: Thu Aug 23 11:03:10 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>On a slightly related noted
>
>http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/farid/research/digitaltampering/

March 2004: This political ad for George W. Bush, as he was running for President, shows a sea of soldiers as a back drop to a child holding a flag. This image was digitally doctored by copying and pasting, from this original photograph, several soldiers to digitally remove Bush from a podium. After acknowledging that the photo had been doctored, the Bush campaign said that the ad would be re-edited and re-shipped to TV stations.

I find it very hard to believe that the Republicans would stoop so low
: )

I guess I shouldn't be casting the first stone though either. I confess that I've been guilty of "doctoring" a few photos seen at GT in the past too. For instance, the one of SntSaturn in bed with Saddam and Osama. I digitally altered that one. She wasn't really in bed with them. I put those two infamous leaders over the bodies of the two guys she really was sharing a bed with in the origonal photo...
Brad Pitt and Jude Law.

Mesh Posted: Thu Aug 23 14:46:01 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  That's insane. I'm pretty sure the decision whether or not there is going to be military conflict with Iran has been decided long ago. It's just about buidling up the cause, now. It's so much like the run up to the Iraq war it's scary.

casper Posted: Thu Aug 23 15:17:27 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mr. Misses said:
>That's insane. I'm pretty sure the decision whether or not there is going to be military conflict with Iran has been decided long ago. It's just about buidling up the cause, now. It's so much like the run up to the Iraq war it's scary.

building up the cause? if anything it's about building up the army...we don't have the troops to sustain another conflict. we are already (obviously) overtaxed as it is.

just wanted to say hi from Iraq...it's all peaches and cream over here! :) everyday is filled with sunshine...all kinds of beach...no water but plenty of beach...

addi Posted: Thu Aug 23 16:20:44 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  casper said:

>just wanted to say hi from Iraq...it's all peaches and cream over here! :) everyday is filled with sunshine...all kinds of beach...no water but plenty of beach...

great to hear from you, Casper. whenever you get a chance check in and fill us in on what's happening.

please don't confuse my loathing for W with not supporting you guys and the daily sacrifices and danger you're forced to put up with.
Keep out of trouble as much as possible so you can return home safely and in one piece.

*and use lots of sunblock!

addi Posted: Thu Aug 23 16:29:10 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  afterthought...

If it's possible to give us a mailing address please pass it on. I'm sure there's some of us here that would be happy to send well wishes and care packages over to ya. Just include some of the things you're missing over there..besides plinkers with questionable morals..the postage would be too high
: )

Mesh Posted: Thu Aug 23 19:11:01 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  casper said:
>Mr. Misses said:
>>
>building up the cause? if anything it's about building up the army...we don't have the troops to sustain another conflict. we are already (obviously) overtaxed as it is.
>
>

Well no, I know that. You know that. But it seems certain politicians and anchors don't want to think about it. And I'm not just talking about Republicans or Fox news(I'm looking at you, Lieberman.)

Anyways, glad you were able to pop in to say hi. I hope you stay safe over there, man.

kurohyou Posted: Fri Aug 24 19:42:21 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>Fox is just another media outlet for the propoganda of the White House.
>The polls they showed about what Fox viewers think is revealing and not surprising.
>
>Anyone that watches that channel as their source for world news isn't playing with a full deck anyway.

I hate fox news... I will watch it for the same reason I listen to Dr. Laura... an exercise in patience to see how long I can stand it before I start screaming obscenities at my tv or radio...

I didn't even click the link so I can't comment on that...

sweet p Posted: Sun Aug 26 15:33:04 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hi casper!!
stay safe.

<3

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]